Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8664532 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) (6697) (6698) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
If Ole is serious about all he has been saying and the future of this club, na today he go begin clear out all those useless players and na tomorrow pre-season go start.

If by August Lingard, Jones and Smalling are kicking off the new season, i go personally champion all the Ole Out propaganda for here.

OGS sef go don know what’s up. Everybody dey wait to see how he go do next season. He has no excuses now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Go and read thru my previous posts, one of them has your answer. grin
lol as I don't have anything to do na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by google1(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2019
Manchester United will end the season 32 points behind the champions, the furthest they have been off the top since they were promoted back to the top flight in 1975 embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:34pm On May 12, 2019
MRTA7:

I didn't know we needed to spend 200m for Ole to get a team to beat Cardiff city at Home.
Lol very clueless people. Shouting Ole needs to get his players first before the criticisms begins..So Ole needs new signings like Dybala and Co to beat Cardiff and Huddersfield, right?? Cardiff at Old Trafford!!!!!!
Let me ask you guys a question, if Ole had not been given the permanent job and we had decided to wait till the end of the season, would he be given the Job?? Answer this in your mind, then ask. yourself why won't he be given? Maybe you'll understand why Ole is the wrong choice.
I see some of you are starting to see what I've been saying since. One guy even said if 5 of the players starts next season, he start calling for Ole's head. We both know more than 5 of these players will be starting next season. You just want to create an avenue to join the sensible people that knew Ole is not the way forward.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2019
League table from August to When The Special Fraud was sacked

VS

League Table from when OGS was appointed till the end of the season

Alas, the useless players aside, it was those first 17 games that really fúcked up our season. FA should just epp us cancel those 17 games. We no want angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by google1(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2019
Manchester United have only kept two home clean sheets in the Premier League this season, their fewest at Old Trafford in a top-flight campaign since 1962-63. Leaky.lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
The Universe: Win this easy home game and maybe dont finish 6th.

United:
izz like something is wrong with you, who do you want to finish 6th if y’all don’t?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:38pm On May 12, 2019
57% win rate with OGS vs 41% with the special fraud.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:10pm On May 12, 2019
"We have a long way to be where we want to be. We have to come back with a different mentality and a different attitude of being a Man United team."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:11pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
57% win rate with OGS vs 41% with the special fraud.

Ole's record

P W D L F A
Caretaker 19 14 2 3 40 17
Permanent 10 2 2 6 7 18

If we didn't make him permanent then. Would you have made him permanent by the end of the season with what has transpired?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2019
MRTA7:

Ole's record

P W D L F A
Caretaker 19 14 2 3 40 17
Permanent 10 2 2 6 7 18

If we didn't make him permanent then. Would you have made him permanent by the end of the season with what has transpired?

Nope. I would not have. Which is why part of me wanted that announcement to be done at the end of the season

But u need to understand, i am not campaigning for OGS here. Only trying to show a recurring trend of how we always go a couple of games playing well and beating everybody, only for our form to drop and we start losing again. Was the same under Mourinho.

Mourinho definitely deserved to get sacked. But OGS or not, even Poch and Pep and Klopp would struggle with these weak minded players.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
Nope. I would not have. Which is why part of me wanted that announcement to be done at the end of the season

But u need to understand, i am not campaigning for OGS here. Only trying to show a recurring trend of how we always go a couple of games playing well and beating everybody, only for our form to drop and we start losing again. Was the same under Mourinho.

Mourinho definitely deserved to get sacked. But OGS or not, even Poch and Pep and Klopp would struggle with these weak minded players.

Yes, we know we need to get rid of deadwood in the team. The question is, how confident are you on OGS leading the rebuilding process.

That’s the question on almost everyone lip.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

Yes, we know we need to get rid of deadwood in the team. The question is, how confident are you on OGS leading the rebuilding process.

Before he was made permanent, about 95%.

But now, on a scale of 0 to 100, about 60% confident.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

Lol...these are trying times for the club not just because of the difficulty now,but things don't look as if they'd get better...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:49pm On May 12, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olu98: 8:23pm On May 12, 2019
nitrogen:
Don't worry now, fact is Ole is technically and tactically limited.

I just hope we wake as soon as possible.
its not too late for him to resign and appoint pochettino
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olu98: 8:26pm On May 12, 2019
odizeey:
I'm just waiting for the priceless look on y'all faces when we start playing well next season.

20+ attempts, no goal. Na coach cause am abi
but they should at least win Cardiff na. we dropped 5 points against relegated teams. chai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olu98: 8:27pm On May 12, 2019
slimghost:
Greenwood should be a key part of this team next season.
the dude had 7 shots
most take ons
most tackles.
he is just 17
bright future
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
That's because Young's errors lead directly to goal scoring chances.

You don't get it. The three errors of Luke Shaw that he was the last men, were school boy errors. No other player in the team made one of such errors. But Shaw made three. We are not even talking of those ones he shifts inward and allow acres of yard in the flank so that they would not say he was dribbled.

Young usually hold for the CBS and deal with threats well. But Shaw cost us three times when he had to be the last man in defence. He was even at an advantage from where he lost his man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2019
This Rashford will soon go the way of Tom Cleverly. Foolish boy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2019
elampiro:

You don't get it. The three errors of Luke Shaw that he was the last men, were school boy errors. No other player in the team made one of such errors. But Shaw made three. [b]We are not even talking of those ones he shifts inward and allow acres of yard in the flank so that they would not say he was dribbled.

Young usually hold for the CBS and deal with threats well. But Shaw cost us three times when he had to be the last man in defence. He was even at an advantage from where he lost his man.
Ok. Show us these Shaw errors na.

Shaw is a LB but we should hold him accountable for mistakes of the CBs.

You say Shaw makes mistakes when he leaves his wing to cover for the CBs but if it's Young, anywhere he is on the pitch, it's from one mistake to the next. Even when he is not on the pitch and just warming up on the side, he is still making mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
The thing weak me.
They are no longer crying about tactics now.

These players are clearly not interested in playing anymore maybe because they feel we have nothing to play for again and that is just shìt mentality. You keep going till the very end.

Where all dem Pogba, Rashford and Lingard today. Greenwood was the only one that stepped up.

20 attempts but everything is Ole's fault. Rashford miss one-on-one last week, it's Ole's fault.
It's his fault our players have refused to score and also keep it tight at the back.

Ole this, Ole that.

Honestly answer this question

What exactly is Ole's impact?
What has he done to actually make you confident in him?
And if you talk about those initial wins, doesn't it seem funny that immediately Mourinho was sacked, these players suddenly started playing well till the mood died..
Has it occurred to you that just maybe.. Just maybe, the way the players played after mourinho was sacked was how he actually wanted them to play while he was still coach..

Larride .. Afrodoc2, nitrogen

Anybody can educate and answer these questions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:47pm On May 12, 2019
olu98:

its not too late for him to resign and appoint pochettino
Man Utd's job has become three times more unattractive in the past 2 months or so. I heard Juve will try their best to swoop for Pochetinho, so it's getting a bit too late.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:56pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
Ok. Show us these Shaw errors na.

Shaw is a LB but we should hold him accountable for mistakes of the CBs.

You say Shaw makes mistakes when he leaves his wing to cover for the CBs but if it's Young, anywhere he is on the pitch, it's from one mistake to the next. Even when he is not on the pitch and just warming up on the side, he is still making mistakes.

If you don't know the errors then forget them. His error ended our top four hope. Young has defended more difficult balls like that.

If central defenders go to attack a corner kick, it is usually Valencia over the years who played the last man. Recently Young or Shaw or Darmian. But only Shaw has been messing up.

Young doest make as much mistakes as you people paint, you see what you want to see. The same reason you did not see Shaw's calamities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:00pm On May 12, 2019
liveLongNprospa:

Honestly answer this question

What exactly is Ole's impact?
What has he done to actually make you confident in him?

And if you talk about those initial wins, doesn't it seem funny that immediately Mourinho was sacked, these players suddenly started playing well till the mood died..
Has it occurred to you that just maybe.. Just maybe, the way the players played after mourinho was sacked was how he actually wanted them to play while he was still coach..

Larride .. Afrodoc2, nitrogen

Anybody can educate and answer these questions
If that's the case, then u have just proved my point in the post you quoted, also means u have proved the point so many people raised even when Mourinho was still here......THAT THE FÜCKING PLAYERS WERE THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG.

So which magic did you want OGS to perform when una almighty Special Fraud couldn't even get the best out of these players?

As for the bolded, maybe because OGS is a sensible human being who respects the club and the fans, and takes the blame rather than throw his players under the bus unlike the special fraud. Also I believe he is genuinely committed to the development of the club even if he will be crippled by the board at some point because if he fūcks this up, he is never getting a job at any other top club again.

U be Madrid fan, tell me what impact Zidane had when he took over from Ancelotti. What confidence did you have that he could steer Madrid to a league title and 3 UCL titles?

And since he came back, what confidence have you had in him? Madrid have lost like 3 in 5 games. Have you once questioned what his tactics are? But as una still dey top 4, everything is ok so no one is saying anything.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:04pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
League table from August to When The Special Fraud was sacked

VS

League Table from when OGS was appointed till the end of the season

Alas, the useless players aside, it was those first 17 games that really fúcked up our season. FA should just epp us cancel those 17 games. We no want angry angry

I guess Mourinho already played four of the top five teams in those 17 matches. May be he could have turned it around with the next fixtures which required less pressure. However, once English media and fans are on a coach, his own is finished. He loses focus. No one has survived it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 12, 2019
larride:

Apart from OGS, his critics have been shouting 'Poch' since... Truth be told, Levy won't let Poch go as easily as everyone here keeps mentioning his name. This isn't a football manager game, it's real life ffs.

If Poch was going to get hired miraculously, that would certainly be at the end of the season, not mid-season.

And OGS performed well before getting the job, which makes me believe that he should be given the chance to build his squad.... Every coach that has been mentioned here, from Pep to Klopp to Poch all had a squad overhaul after they arrived the club, Klopp and Poch haven't even won stuff since they came, so if folks believe so much in them despite not winning any trophy, why is the case different with OGS?

Klopp's Liverpool bottled almost a 10-point lead over Man City, and started playing catch-up and hoping for some miracles which never happened. No one is talking about that.

Pochettino lost seven of his last ten league matches and even drew today, but no one is talking about that. The same critics who are giving excuses about injuries causing those losses have suddenly forgotten that Manchester United also had an injury crisis before this bad run.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 9:07pm On May 12, 2019
eph12:

lol as I don't have anything to do na

U get work wey u dey do? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2019
elampiro:

If you don't know the errors then forget them. His error ended our top four hope. Young has defended more difficult balls like that.

If central defenders go to attack a corner kick, it is usually Valencia over the years who played the last man. Recently Young or Shaw or Darmian. But only Shaw has been messing up.

Young doest make as much mistakes as you people paint, you see what you want to see. The same reason you did not see Shaw's calamities.
I dont understand how providing visual proof of Shaw's mistake turn Jamb.

Lol. Young crossed like an idiot in the first leg against Barca and killed a nice attack. The very next week, he did a splendid job in assisting Messi for the 2nd goal.....but he doesn't make mistakes.
Against Liverpool at OT in March, Young was the reason Liverpool had a freekick in our box within 2 minutes after the game started.

You are the one who is blind to Young's uselessness because you have a knack for constantly supporting geriatric, underperforming players. No be today.

And if you are talking about Shaw's mistake in defending the corner against Huddersfield, how was that chance any different from Matic allowing Kimpembe to score against PSG at Old Trafford? Yet u never said anything about that because ur precious Matic can do no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:08pm On May 12, 2019
Chelseafan1:

U get work wey u dey do? grin
See question o shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 12, 2019
elampiro:

I guess Mourinho already played four of the top five teams in those 17 matches. May be he could have turned it around with the next fixtures which required less pressure. However, once English media and fans are on a coach, his own is finished. He loses focus. No one has survived it.

Nothing like that. Mou was the architect of his misfortune, like he has always been at his previous clubs.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:11pm On May 12, 2019
Lana1:
If that's the case, then u have just proved my point in the post you quoted, also means u have proved the point so many people raised even when Mourinho was still here......THAT THE FÜCKING PLAYERS WERE THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG.

So which magic did you want OGS to perform when una almighty Special Fraud couldn't even get the best out of these players?

As for the bolded, maybe because OGS is a sensible human being who respects the club and the fans, and takes the blame rather than throw his players under the bus unlike the special fraud. Also I believe he is genuinely committed to the development of the club even if he will be crippled by the board at some point because if he fūcks this up, he is never getting a job at any other top club again.

U be Madrid fan, tell me what impact Zidane had when he took over from Ancelotti. What confidence did you have that he could steer Madrid to a league title and 3 UCL titles?

And since he came back, what confidence have you had in him? Madrid have lost like 3 in 5 games. Have you once questioned what his tactics are? But as una still dey top 4, everything is ok so no one is saying anything.

So if the players are the problem, why is mourinho still called the special fraud?

And when Zidane took over, we were having a terrible season because Benitez didn't know what he was doing, especially after the El Classico loss.
Him winning the UCL helped his case coz the game play changed, plus don't forget CR7 put up a world class performance in the UCL and we basically played better. Him winning the UCL helped his case.

Your own is different. The moment he was confirmed everything went down hill.
So I don't see the correlation. Zidane's team got better, even without needing preseason football. OGS team died immediately.

That tells me that even after the mood of Benitez being sacked was over, the manager still showed he was tactically sound to get the team to fight barca till like the last week or so and still win the UCL.

OGS has shown no such thing when his tactics was needed. That's the difference Lana1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6692) (6693) (6694) (6695) (6696) (6697) (6698) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.