Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8663995 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7519) (7520) (7521) (7522) (7523) (7524) (7525) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
patrickmuf:
When I talk Elampsbaba go say na Liverpool front 3 be their biggest force. VVD go open the opposition defense with just one long pass but our defenders no sabi at all.

Nothing annoys me like when Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and Matic just keep passing the ball around with all manner of laxity even when we are a goal down. Only Fred moves the ball forward with purpose that's why I don't blame our strikers.

I still believe the midfield is the problem, and your bolded is correct

For every 2-0 for Liverpool or Barcelona or Man City, there are numerous chances wasted. Look at chances Firminho, Mane, Salah and Oxlade wasted yesterday. As at when Liverpool had 9 corners, United had nothing

Yet with two or three chances, everyone blames the strikers for not scoring at United. Only Fred and Mctom dey useful for that midfield for now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oasis007:
Keane: "Give Ole time. Lampard has lost 8 games this season and nobody has said anything. He failed to get Derby promoted and got the Chelsea job. Maybe it’s because he’s English he isn’t being criticised.”

See talk..lol...your legend is a fvcking drunk cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2020
izzou:

For every 2-0 for Liverpool or Barcelona or Man City, there are numerous chances wasted. Look at chances Firminho, Mane, Salah and Oxlade wasted yesterday. As at when Liverpool had 9 corners, United had nothing

Yet with two or three chances, everyone blames the strikers for not scoring at United. Only Fred and Mctom dey useful for that midfield for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqoLMGSBGYc

Sorry... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LegoxMetahuman: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
patrickmuf:
When I talk Elampsbaba go say na Liverpool front 3 be their biggest force. VVD go open the opposition defense with just one long pass but our defenders no sabi at all.

Nothing annoys me like when Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and Matic just keep passing the ball around with all manner of laxity even when we are a goal down. Only Fred moves the ball forward with purpose that's why I don't blame our strikers.

What I said from day one is that Liverpool midfield is their weakest link. I dont know when you heard me say their defence is weak.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
izzou:

All those chances were mostly created by the forwards, the defenders and the goalkeeper. Out of their 14 chances, midfield created 2.

Salah 3
Ferminho 3
Anold 2
Mane 2
Alisson 1
Robertson 1
Hendenson 1
Wijnaldum 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Creativity from set piece has so much to do with the quality of forward you have and other players who can jump to nod in. Anold has 5 Assists from set plays, 2 from crossing. That is 7 over 9.

Robertson has 3 from crossing. That is 3 over 6 already. If they played in United, Maguire, Martial, Rashford, James, etc will be wasting those chances. Mane, Salah and Ferminho are a confusion to defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
elampiro:

What I said from day one is that Liverpool midfield is their weakest link. I dont know when you heard me say their defence is weak.
Hehehe our argument then was hinged on the fact that whilst some of us argued that our supporting cast citing our midfield and defense was poor, you consistently argued that they were not as poor whilst hailing Liverpool's attack.

While the game was on, I watched how Liverpool's midfield joined their attack in the press and how their fullbacks especially Robertson exposed the obvious weakness in our set up...Funny enough, the much maligned Martial was our most creative player on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
patrickmuf:
Hehehe our argument then was hinged on the fact that whilst some of us argued that our supporting cast citing our midfield and defense was poor, you consistently argued that they were not as poor whilst hailing Liverpool's attack.

While the game was on, I watched how Liverpool's midfield joined their attack in the press and how their fullbacks especially Robertson exposed the obvious weakness in our set up...Funny enough, the much maligned Martial was our most creative player on the pitch.

With that Liverpool attack, even Eyimba midfield will look world class.

Do you remember how good Oshea looked in oit midfield? Even Phil Jones in midfeld behind Rooney, Berbertov and Chicha? Liverpool main Asset is the attack. The defence is very good too. But forget midfield.

Fred ball pass Martial yesterday. Forget stories. The memory is still fresh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
elampiro:

Do you remember how good Oshea looked in oit midfield? Even Phil Jones in midfeld behind Rooney, Berbertov and Chicha? Liverpool main Asset is the attack. The defence is very good too. But forget midfield.

Fred is just one out of 3 midfielders. Martial created our best chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2020
patrickmuf:
Fred is just one out of 3 midfielders. Martial created our best chances.

We have two midfielders. Fred and Matic

Fred was our best player. Matic should be third or fourth.

Our best chance was missed by Pereira which was creates by Bissaka. The second best chance was missed by Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
Matic clever ball to James should have been the first goal yesterday if Martial had the pace and alertness to pull away quickly from the defenders to invite a square pass from James for a tap in. If it were Chicharito or may be Rashford, he would have been 3 yards ahead of his markers. Martial left James a bit confused there.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
elampiro:

Yeah, Liverpool's midfield is obviously one of the worst creative in the universe

I agree with you completely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
elampiro:

Also, without stats, Fred was the best midfielder in the two teams today. He was even playing in an inferior team with two man midfield.

What game did you watch? Henderson was the unsong hero, the best midfielder on that pitch, if you know your football. I am never his fan, but was impressed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehehehe... cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Machozini: 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
olabode89:

Like you guys wasted on Arinze Abalaga and Bakayoko abi? grin
And drinkwater, Wait who knows LUCAS PIAZON?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
afrodoc2:
I told you these players are not smart enough for 3-5-2.
shortly before the game, for some reason my account was unable to make comments on only this thread.

I don't think they played that badly, a cumulation of simple moments ruined the game.
while I believed the 3-5-2 will be solid enough, I didn't envisage the player positioning. for example, why Luke Shaw was left in the back 3 instead of wan Bissaka. Shaw is better going forward and wan Bissaka is at home with defending, it was a farce.

Andreas should never have started in place of Mata. I thought Ole should have tried to get the first goal by playing his best creative midfield available and bring in Andreas for the run around when defending the lead later in the game.

the high press was barely coordinated. Dan James messed it up a couple of times, the other times the midfielders simply wasn't interested. the few times they managed to get in like a pack of wolves, Liverpool were discomfited.

the less said about the goals, the better.
Maguire and de Gea should really be stronger. for big lads like that it's making little sense. in fact when de Gea and van Dyke was about to clash, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to deliberately knock the winds out his sail only to see de Gea on the floor afterwards angry
for the second goal, Mata should be experienced enough to charge the GK down because he knows his teammates were all out for the corner kick. I also thought Dan James had the pace and space to take three of four more steps and get in front of Salah instead of beside him although he did well.

Finally, the board just doesn't want to support this team in any way.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Machozini: 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
Manchester United's problems have only really begun in the last two or three years. It's been a series of errors made by the board and the management team. Yes the money has been spent and that can't be argued. What can be argued is how it was spent. Last Summer Manchester United's net spend was £60 million pounds, nine players have gone since Solskjaer took over and only three have been brought in. Injuries have also plagued the paper thin squad. The biggest problem now is the apparent reluctance to spend on players desperately needed. The Glazer's and Ed Woodward are running the club into the ground and they don't care about the fans. Unless the Glazer's sell then the missery will continue for years to come. The team needs a minimum of five to six new players that must have the experience and the quality to take Utd back to a position to challenge for the title. Solskjaer needs time and the players he needs, it's high time the club either back him or sack him. Enough is enough now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:06am On Jan 21, 2020
Machozini:
Manchester United's problems have only really begun in the last two or three years. It's been a series of errors made by the board and the management team. Yes the money has been spent and that can't be argued. What can be argued is how it was spent. Last Summer Manchester United's net spend was £60 million pounds, nine players have gone since Solskjaer took over and only three have been brought in. Injuries have also plagued the paper thin squad. The biggest problem now is the apparent reluctance to spend on players desperately needed. The Glazer's and Ed Woodward are running the club into the ground and they don't care about the fans. Unless the Glazer's sell then the missery will continue for years to come. The team needs a minimum of five to six new players that must have the experience and the quality to take Utd back to a position to challenge for the title. Solskjaer needs time and the players he needs, it's high time the club either back him or sack him. Enough is enough now

Who is this one? How come you didn't talk about amounts spent by the board when Moyes, Van Gaal and Mou were here? What about the DNA game that OGS is trying to play? He told them to sell players that we bought for huge amounts because of some stuup1d DNA thrash. Meanwhile, is OGS himself complaining? What is it with you people sef?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 1:04am On Jan 21, 2020
nitrogen:

Who is this one? How come you didn't talk about amounts spent by the board when Moyes, Van Gaal and Mou were here? What about the DNA game that OGS is trying to play? He told them to sell players that we bought for huge amounts because of some stuup1d DNA thrash. Meanwhile, is OGS himself complaining? What is it with you people sef?
No vex o but u sure say u read that post you quote well? wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Machozini: 1:09am On Jan 21, 2020
chidexxy007:

No vex o but u sure say u read that post you quote well? wink
He didn't read it at all...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:38am On Jan 21, 2020
grin

Where is our Bruno?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MichaelBukamzy(m): 6:05am On Jan 21, 2020
where is bruno nah?shebi sky sports talk say we don settle finish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

Where is our Bruno?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:37am On Jan 21, 2020
Blueraydick, did you see how WJnaldum destroyed Maguire when he jumped into the ball, during that match? Thats what you and Dayo want VVD to be doing, sorry he is not stupid like Boathand, Maguire and other mumu defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kendrick9(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2020
elampiro:

nonsense....
It's Liverpool's midfield that enables Liverpool to play the way they play....
That midfield is the engine room, the kind of running ,pressing that midfield does is why klopp rotates his midfield regularly...
You talking rubbish
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 6:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Rashford has been playing with a floating bone in his ankle for the past 11 months. He will now undergo a small operation to remove it. #mufc [Telegraph]

Imagine! Which kind medical team we get like this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:02am On Jan 21, 2020
Chrisus:
Rashford has been playing with a floating bone in his ankle for the past 11 months. He will now undergo a small operation to remove it. #mufc [Telegraph]

Imagine! Which kind medical team we get like this?

Floating bone lounge loun! These people are mad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2020
afrodoc2:

Floating bone lounge loun! These people are mad.

The Telegraph or the med team?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7519) (7520) (7521) (7522) (7523) (7524) (7525) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.