Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8665590 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) ... (14139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

So after going through about 20 stats Fred tops 1 or 2 of them and automatically he should have been player of the season?

Rashford's goals kept us from sinking before Bruno came. Bruno came and took over.

IMO AWB shutting down one side of the defence had a significant impact on our improved defensive record. There was a spell in which teams just stopped attacking down our right side.
The guy is ugly on the ball but 1v1 i gats salute.

Fred is just the latest in a long line of overrated United players like Herrera, Rojo IMO.
I remember when some here were calling for Rojo's inclusion just because he gave them 2 months of eye service.

After Fred plays 1 full season of decent football i will believe in him. He is not Pogba or Martial that can correct 4 months of mediocre football with 4 months of world class performances.
How many metrics did Rashford, AWB and Martial top?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2020
weedtaker:
Your use of whoscored and stats overall in your ratings.

you think Herrera is average and not good enough but think Kante is world class.

especially 2016/17 season. you were of the opinion that kante was several levels above Herrera despite the stats and who scored proving otherwise.

Okay let me humor you.

Application of stats in comparing players requires a good level of understanding.

If you want to use stats to compare a midfielder to another midfielder you are able to use detailed stats such as tackles, interceptions, average passes, pass accuracy, assists e.t.c to get a more accurate assessment.

If you want to compare defender to defender you can also use tackles, clearances, interceptions, blocks e.t.c

However if you are comparing a full back for instance to an attacking midfielder or a striker using stats it becomes difficult and the only stat you can use is the average score because the parameters used to assess them would not be identical i.e you can't compare the goals and assist numbers of a striker to that of a full back.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
Expert17:
Afrodoc, patrickmuf, Oasis007, Nezzjnr, Leyqute, Sylvalord, Odizeey, Lana1, nitrogen

Who do you think will be our player of the season?

Bruno or Fred?

I'm going for Bruno
Fred was that good. my eyes were not deceiving me naa. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oasis007:
shocked

Diego Jota to Liverpool?!

The Liverpool squad is already stocked, I doubt the validity of this rumor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
weedtaker:
I don't watch other teams play that much, but Ricardo Pereira was my choice during our search for a RB and he's head and shoulders above AWB as a RB.

Most of the defending you will do as a RB is 1 vs 1.

I can say it anywhere AWB is the best in the world when it comes to 1 VS 1 defending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2020
weedtaker:
Fred was that good. my eyes were not deceiving me naa. undecided
LOL just leave expert abeg cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

Okay let me humor you.

Application of stats in comparing players requires a good level of understanding.

If you want to use stats to compare a midfielder to another midfielder you are able to use detailed stats such as tackles, interceptions, average passes, pass accuracy, assists e.t.c to get a more accurate assessment.

If you want to compare defender to defender you can also use tackles, clearances, interceptions, blocks e.t.c

However if you are comparing a full back for instance to an attacking midfielder or a striker using stats it becomes difficult and the only stat you can use is the average score because the parameters used to assess them would not be identical i.e you can't compare the goals and assist numbers of a striker to that of a full back.
With the above, and the way I understand your post. I can now say that Herrera (2016/17) was better than Kante (2016/17) .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
Expert17:

Most of the defending you will do as a RB is 1 vs 1.

I can say it anywhere AWB is the best in the world when it comes to 1 VS 1 defending.
I'm not disputing that, but his awareness is poor for a RB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
weedtaker:
With the above, and the way I understand your post. I can now say that Herrera (2016/17) was better than Kante (2016/17) .

Ok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
cool

If you know, you know.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
grin

Better than all the waste Pipes they bought - combined.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
eph12:

How many metrics did Rashford, AWB and Martial top?

If you lead significant stats like goals and assists that has more weight than the obscure stats Fred was leading in.

The same way all heads are not equal all stats are not equal.

Rashford led in goals and assists. Martial was joint top in goals and 3rd in assists.

Fred was the only only non-defender to end with 0 goal and 0 assist.

Unless you are Xavi Hernandez making 95 passes per game with 95% pass accuracy you can't be a serious midfielder and end up with 0 goal and 0 assist.

It is what it is.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oasis007:
shocked

Diego Jota to Liverpool?!
Those guys are just doing silent works. We are still knocking in front of BVB's door for Sancho.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
What would be downside if a club,united for example specifically make a statement that we are in fact not looking to buy this player..
Wetin go happen?

Won't it cut through all this rubbish links..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2020
Martial is my own player of the year...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2020
GloryIsaac:
They decided to appease Martial FC grin

Cc Patrickmuf
God bless all the players that voted for the king...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2020
#KingKai

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
This Fred case na simple one na..

He was the best amongst Andreas, Mata, Lingard, James nd co. Once them ballers came back plus the signing of Bruno, he was overshadowed.

Who pass u, pass u.. Issa simple sturvs. It doesn't mean he didn't have a great season...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
unlimited22 is not here to cry foolishness now o. When I have time for their thread, they will start submitting their tears cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
chidexxy007:
This Fred case na simple one na..

He was the best amongst Andreas, Mata, Lingard, James nd co. Once them ballers came back plus the signing of Bruno, he was overshadowed.

Who pass u, pass u.. Issa simple sturvs. It doesn't mean he didn't have a great season...
Who are the ballers that came back and overshadowed him?
I hope you're not talking about the same people he has been playing with all season? If you mean Pogba, I rest my case
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2020
patrickmuf:

God bless all the players that voted for the king...

Amen cheesy

Martial will launch the season tomorrow with attacking returns against Crystal Palace. I predict a goal and assist.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzsnr: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
eph12:
unlimited22 is not here to cry foolishness now o. When I have time for their thread, they will start submitting their tears cheesy cheesy cheesy
Those guys are just 2 faced

Once you go to their thread.... They'll start hurling insults at you

Too many sick people there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
Nezzsnr:

Those guys are just 2 faced

Once you go to their thread.... They'll start hurling insults at you

Too many sick people there
Anyone who takes trolling personal is either an over-emotional weakling or a newbie to following football.
We know what trolling is.

And what it isn't.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzsnr: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Unlimited22:

Anyone who takes trolling personal is either an over-emotional weakling or a newbie to following football.
We know what trolling is.

And what it isn't.
Thank you

Shebi when both fans troll each other... We dey always Joke with am but I no understand when those ones begin dey call people brainless... Stupid and so on

It's well sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
eph12:

Who are the ballers that came back and overshadowed him?
I hope you're not talking about the same people he has been playing with all season? If you mean Pogba, I rest my case
Maybe you need to tell us why he saw less minutes by the time all the midfield players nd Bruno became available na..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
Manchester United have agreed a five-year contract with FC Porto's Alex Telles and will now seek to agree a fee with the Portuguese club.

- Mohamed Bouhafsi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oasis007:
Manchester United have agreed a five-year contract with FC Porto's Alex Telles and will now seek to agree a fee with the Portuguese club.

- Mohamed Bouhafsi

*Mo ya look away.

Until I see HERE WE GO, I'm not taking any of this seriously. I started having peace of mind when I stopped taking Man utd transfer business seriously

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzsnr: 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oasis007:

- Mohamed Bouhafsi
These people have come again undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
timay:

*Mo ya look away.

Until I see HERE WE GO, I'm not taking any of this seriously. I started having peace of mind when I stopped taking Man utd transfer business seriously

grin

...and Man United want to sign left back on next days, yes. Alex Telles one of the three names on top of the list [one was Reguilon, out because of the clause and joining THFC.

MUFC are now negotiating with Telles [as per @mohamedbouhafsi]. No agreement yet with Porto.

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

...and Man United want to sign left back on next days, yes. Alex Telles one of the three names on top of the list [one was Reguilon, out because of the clause and joining THFC.

MUFC are now negotiating with Telles [as per @mohamedbouhafsi]. No agreement yet with Porto.

- Fabrizio Romano

Good to know the list is still alive and kicking. grin

Hopefully, we round this up and move to RW list grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8498) (8499) (8500) (8501) (8502) (8503) (8504) ... (14139) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: everton4life(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.