Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,081 members, 7,807,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. (6853 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is / APC Directive On House Principal Officers Unconstitutional – Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by 77ken: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
For some days since the directive by the new IG I have notices the absence of police check point along the roads in Edo state. What is the compliance level in your state and area pls inform the house.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Acidosis(m): 1:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
I thought he only asked for the removal of road blocks? undecided
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by opensine: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
A multi- disciplinary company requires services of marketers in Abuja & metropolis

Minimum requirement: OND in social science or any other related courses.

Any interested candidate should send his or her CV through this email address
info@tospod.com on or before 21/2/2012.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by musiwa43: 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
course the police can come and take in canada. They will give you visa.

some of the classes start march 3rd of this year.

Course List
Advanced Render Safe Procedures (ARSP)
Digital Radiography Course (DIGRAD)
Explosives Familiarization Course (EFC)
Police Explosives Technicians and Radiography (PETC)
Police Explosives Technicians - Reconstruction and Recognition (PETIED)
Police Explosives Technicians - Forced Entry Instructors (PETFEI)
Police Explosives Technicians - Repair and maintenance (PETRM)
Police Explosives Technicians Validation (PETVC)
Post Blast Scene Technicians (PBLAST)
Post Blast Scene Refresher Course (PBLSTR) - New

[img]http://s0.jrnl.ie/media/2011/10/bomb_scare-0204-390x285.jpg[/img]
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by wakabout(m): 2:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
It would be a miracle if the police on the Benin-Shagamu road heed this order. Previous orders like these were never obeyed. What people believed then was that the police hierachy benefits from these toll collections from the check points, hence they had no will to enforce the order, because doing so will remove the source of free money. But if the situation is otherwise, this is another chance to find out.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by POTUT(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
Are road blocks not check points?
When they use those warfront shields to create an S-curve on the highways, they also stand nearby to be inspecting cars for 'we dey hear o'.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by idmanzik: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
As at yesterday, there were still road blocks at Minna, today i left Minna for Abuja, the usual 2hours 30mins drive took over 4hours due to police road blocks and army blocks at Suleja (Army check points was because of the state of emergency in Suleja LGA).
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Pastorgee(m): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Also as at yesterday on my way back home, i noticed that the usual 20:20 naira police check point at National Theatre Lagos was no where to be found and some of my friends also confirmed that on there way home too! i hope it remains long enough this way cos i hate seeing Police collecting 20:20 naira from danfo busues angry
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by maneasy: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
Yesterday (14/02/2012) at Asolo road, off Agric bus-stop,Ikorodu-Lagos, we still have four (4) illegal checking points, within a distance of 1.2km
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by jude33084(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
Well, i just traveled frm lag to benin 2day, tho ther wher check points bt no stopping unless they suspect u. I think they r complying.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by kristiansmart: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2012
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by adet2crown(m): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
I think the IGP is on course, the level of compliance is encouraging, i believe they should maintain the tempo and bring sanity to the Force.To whom much is given much is expected.I salute the courage of the IGP it's a good starting point and hope we all give him the necessary support as civillians.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by willsman(m): 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
Infact, i thank God for the new IG's drastic decision on police is commendable. Police contributed a lot as far as corruption in Nigeria is concerned. There are no police on roads in Idimu, Lagos.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by jidewin(m): 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
IF by 7.00pm-8.00 pm i dont see any stand down,checking points even right of police stations and not just along the eve busy akowonjo to ikotun road,then i would believe they have complied. but till then,these men in black are jus hiding while idling around to see if the police task force are cruising round.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Faheedat: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
SEND A SHORT  SMS TO THIS NUMBER: 08077446699 & 0810255581 ONLY
CALL  01-7267611
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by SamMilla1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2012
From my village to enugu city, about 6 minutes highway drive, i found np police. There were usually three police check points. From enugu to onitsha, no police either. I travelled the route three hours ago
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by kristiansmart: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
Yes, you're right.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by doctimothy: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
Well, as I cruised around some part of Ibadan today, I didn't see any police checkpoints only the Road Safety people at one point
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by DonaldsN(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
They are complying in some areas like enugu-portharcourt express way, but not at all along d road leading michael okpara university of agric. Umudike
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by duwdu: 5:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
Faheedat:

SEND A SHORT  SMS TO THIS NUMBER: 08077446699 & 0810255581 ONLY
CALL  01-7267611

Thanks for posting these numbers, but what are they for?

P34c3
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by ogogoromaster: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
As At yersterday on my way home.Police officer sstill mounted an illegal checkpoint collecting their usual N20 Just after Nigerian Breweries at Eric Moore Road AND close to NYSC Secretariat at Babs Animashaun @ Surulere.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Beaf: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
The current IG seems to have been an excellent choice, especially considering the effort put in to get him; the top cadre of of the police force was sacked (along with Ringim) just to get to him.

If armed robberies increase at this time, then we know it is the useless, bribe taking police looking for alternative means to rob and fleece the public now that their "roger" roadblocks are going.
If the IG is really on his toes, then at least three quarters of the police force should be on the way out, maybe up to half are boko haram members anyway.

Nice start.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by igwe4life(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
I don't think the police here in Port harcourt regards the IGP at all, at Rumuomasi & elekahia their magnificient road block are still in place causing go sloe for up to 1 kilometer.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by adisarasaq(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2012
They are all over Apapa runing after Tokunbe Vehicles that had been release by Customs. Infact, when ever Tokunbo aproch them they position them self has if they have seen criminal and all is for 200.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by sleekman(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
There should be numbers people can call if anyone is flouting this directive. There should also me summary dismissals to serve as deterrents to anyone that would want to continue flouting these directives. If there are some high-level dismissals then I think the message would have been passed across.

The police of the police unit should be reorganized with men of good moral standing and an unblemished track record.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by oiseworld: 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
i hope he intensify security at d borders. Because we have to ensure arms and ammunitions are not coming in since the road blocks ave been removed. We are in the boko haram era ooh.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Faheedat: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
@duwdu
These numbers(08077446699 or 0810255581) are direct lines to IG -only short messages (SMS) :
Quote the Vehicle number identification if any:
Quote the Officer numbers:
Time:
State:
Local Govt area:
State:
Type of useful information: Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c

POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND ,BE GUIDED AND THINK SECURITY
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Gentleboby: 12:01am On Feb 16, 2012
Police road block but in Ondo State this evening plenty of road block in-between Ondo State along Benin road as I witness it.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by roy4real(m): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2012
Drove along Gboko - Katsina-Ala road in Benue state yesterday, still saw one road block manned by a team of 2 soldiers and 1 police man. #50 collection was not noticed, anyway.
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by Baawaa(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2012
dem stil dey road oo,i saw dem yesterday 9t @ ipaja road where dem dey collect their usual 50n
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by mohid(m): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
Faheedat:

@duwdu
These numbers(08077446699 or 0810255581) are direct lines to IG -only short messages (SMS) :
Quote the Vehicle number identification if any:
Quote the Officer numbers:
Time:
State:
Local Govt area:
State:
Type of useful information: Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c

POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND ,BE GUIDED AND THINK SECURITY

nice one!Would send the details to the no.later today.I sure hope this finally rids us of the money extorting,traffic-jam and crime enhancing crooks we have in Warri!!!
Re: Ig`s Directive On Road How Is The Compliance Level In Your Area. by badesco(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2012
So many IGPs had issued a similar directives yet nothing changes. Well, It is still business as usual in some areas in Lagos. Can somebody help to inform IGP Pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's 53 Years Report Card. / Ilorin City Vs Abeokuta City: Which One Is More Beautiful? / Nigeria At 60: We Are Not Where We Ought To Be - Governor Abubakar Sani Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.