Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? (10442 Views)

Presidency Blames “budget Mafia” For Controversial Allocations In 2016 Budget. / The BBOG Movement In The Days Of GEJ And Buhari Compared Pics / State Allocations For May, 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
chy101:

@Dayoko, who is your client? ANAMCO? Anybody will just come here on NL to spew gibberish. FYI: you are just a common thug 'agbero' operating in the streets of Ekiti.

Do you feel better now?

You can believe anything you want as long as it makes you feel better.

We need you alive and if believing I am in Primary 2 makes you feel better, I would consider that my contributions to your health
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
ekt_bear:

Heh

Fair enough.

I'm not saying that having large land mass necessarily means anything. Point i'm making is that high pop density doesn't necessarily mean highest pop.

I guess you realize sparsely populated area with large land mass does not indicate high population.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^ By official population, The SE is the least

By land mass the SE is the least

Maybe this is due to their migration pattern but the available facts remain that they SE is smaller both in land mass and population
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ By official population, The SE is the least

By land mass the SE is the least

Maybe this is due to their migration pattern but the available facts remain that they SE is smaller both in land mass and population

Yes, officially the SSE is the smallest both in population and land mass. But in reality it's not true.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
Well we cant say its not true

I cam convince myself I am smarter/richer/taller/more handsome than Afam4ever but until we have official stats that would just remain my conjectures

All available facts at the moment still support the fact that SE states are low in population

Until that changes, Nothing would change

The way it would change is if an independent census is carried out by the SE govt or migration patterns from the SE change
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Osiris211: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2012

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ranlaen: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
mens dept:

Who says Kaduna has more people than Imo state? Or even any state south of Abuja?
internet is your friend learn to use it .
census 2006 says so which i believe all state governors accepted including the igbo ones
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

Stop look for things that are not there .Igbo states get fair allocation ,only states getting more,considering population, are niger delta ones but they feeding the rest of the country anyhow.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ektbear: 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

I guess you realize sparsely populated area with large land mass does not indicate high population.

I am well aware of the fact that these two variables are independent. In fact, I seem to have been the first person in this thread to emphasize this grin
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
Osiris.211:

I usually do not agree with you but on the above post, I tend to partially agree with the emerging federations. However instead of four, I think five will emerge under the pressure of cultural and traditional proximity coupled with defense pacts.

Firstly, there should be a Republic of Igbo land that is non-negotiable consisting of all the states in Igbo land and negotiated parts of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Kogi and Benue State.

Or there could be a Republic of Biafra consisting of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross Rivers, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Rivers and parts of Delta State. Also, it will include negotiated parts of Edo, Kogi and Taraba State.

Secondly, there should be Oodua Republic consisting of Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondo State. Negotiated parts include Edo, Kogi and parts of Delta State.

Thirdly, is Sokoto Islamic Caliphate consisting of Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Katsina and Kano State. Negotiated parts include Kaduna and Niger State.

Fourthly, is Islamic Republic of Borno consisting of Jigawa, Yobe, Borno and Gombe State. Negotiated parts include Adamawa and Bauchi States

Fifthly, is Republic of Middle Belt consisting of Plateau and Nassarawa States. Negotiated parts include Niger, Kaduna, Bauchi, Taraba and Adamawa States.

Please do not cause if you do not like partitions formula.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ranlaen: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

I usually do not agree with you but on the above post, I tend to partially agree with the emerging federations. However instead of four, I think five will emerge under the pressure of cultural and traditional proximity coupled with defense pacts.

Firstly, there should be a Republic of Igbo land that is non-negotiable consisting of all the states in Igbo land and negotiated parts of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Kogi and Benue State.

Or there could be a Republic of Biafra consisting of Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross Rivers, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, Rivers and parts of Delta State. Also, it will include negotiated parts of Edo, Kogi and Taraba State.

Secondly, there should be Oodua Republic consisting of Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondo State. Negotiated parts include Edo, Kogi and parts of Delta State.

Thirdly, is Sokoto Islamic Caliphate consisting of Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara, Katsina and Kano State. Negotiated parts include Kaduna and Niger State.

Fourthly, is Islamic Republic of Borno consisting of Jigawa, Yobe, Borno and Gombe State. Negotiated parts include Adamawa and Bauchi States

Fifthly, is Republic of Middle Belt consisting of Plateau and Nassarawa States. Negotiated parts include Niger, Kaduna, Bauchi, Taraba and Adamawa States.

Please do not cause if you do not like partitions formula.

Republic of Biafra including parts of edo the whole Niger delta?Why should this tribes want to be part of a country dominated by the Igbos?They did not want to 30+ yrs ago and i hardly see  why they should now .
biafra is a Igbo idea so should go without any of the Niger delta .There zero reason to trade one master in Abuja for another in Enugu.
Niger Delta  is much better off on its own due to having many minority tribes like ijaw,urhobo,isoko etc with no major tribe having huge numbers.
Simply because it will be hard for one tribe to dominate politically by sheer numbers .
So i hardly see any of this tribes agreeing to such a union at all .I am pretty sure  iteskiri not will accept it for one just go ask any iteskiri man if he wants to be part of Biafra .
Look what happened last time Benin was invaded in 1967 they even tried to make their own country on its own ,even though it was helped as a ploy by Ojukwu which was actually a wise tactics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Benin_(unrecognized_state)
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
ranlaen:

Republic of Biafra including parts of edo the whole Niger delta?Why should this tribes want to be part of a country dominated by the Igbos?They did not want to 30+ yrs ago and i hardly see why they should now .
biafra is a Igbo idea so should go without any of the Niger delta .There zero reason to trade one master in Abuja for another in Enugu.
Niger Delta is much better off on its own due to having many minority tribes like ijaw,urhobo,isoko etc with no major tribe having huge numbers.
Simply because it will be hard for one tribe to dominate politically by sheer numbers .
So i hardly see any of this tribes agreeing to such a union at all .I am pretty sure iteskiri not will accept it for one just go ask any iteskiri man if he wants to be part of Biafra .
Look what happened last time Benin was invaded in 1967 they even tried to make their own country on its own ,even though it was helped as a ploy by Ojukwu which was actually a wise tactics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Benin_(unrecognized_state)

I guess you should look before you leap or else you could break a neck. There are no doubts you had perusal and comprehensible issues. I had like Republic of Igbo land which will stretch to Igwe Ocha and Igwe Nga. We are talking about a country with solid army willing to maintain law and order within its territory. You can have your day dream and so-called Niger Delta divided into two.

Again Biafra will stretch deep after Agbor and north-eastern part of Edo towards Idah in Kogi State in order to guarantee military buffer zoon. As stated in my previous post, some parts of Edo State is negotiable because war had to be avoided. Edo has every right to join Oodua Republic. I do not want any part of Delta or Edo State which is non-Igbo in Biafra.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ranlaen: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

I guess you should look before you leap or else you could break a neck. There are no doubts you had perusal and comprehensible issues. I had like Republic of Igbo land which will stretch to Igwe Ocha and Igwe Nga. We are talking about a country with solid army willing to maintain law and order within its territory. You can have your day dream and so-called Niger Delta divided into two.

Again Biafra will stretch deep after Agbor and north-eastern part of Edo towards Idah in Kogi State in order to guarantee military buffer zoon. As stated in my previous post, some parts of Edo State is negotiable because war had to be avoided. Edo has every right to join Oodua Republic. I do not want any part of Delta or Edo State which is non-Igbo in Biafra.   

So you are saying the Niger delta need igbos to "protect us"?
pretty sure we can afford to protect ourselves and with funding can build a pretty modern army.
No offence but its you thats day dreaming if you think you can just annex places like Idah .
anyhow not like you even have liver to fight .
Its easy to sit there and sound tough behind a keyboard let me see what you can do with a gun facing tanks .
talk is cheap,just accept you were born a Nigerian you will die a Nigerian sooner you leave your fantasy behind sooner you can make a proper life for yourself.
Spending your days on this planet drawing meaniless maps will not help you  grin,past Nairaland forum no one even know you or care.Your fellow igbo brothers are busy making it out there not wasting time dreaming of some country that does not exist or will ever exist.
all this years you spent on nairaland talking about your new country no progress but your mates are using their time properly and building lives for themselves.
you can throw all the insults you like (i checked your past posts and all you do is insult) simply because you are hiding behind a keyboard but to do anything of what you scream here in real world you cannot .
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
Instead of splitting the North into 2, they dont have a problem being one.

Rather the 5th country should be a Niger Delta country which would consist of all the SS states

That way no ethnic group would have a large majority and it would be more equitable.

Compared to Joining Biafra or Oduduwa where they would be an almost insignificant minority

E.g If Oduduwa was to include Edo and Delta, Yorubas would be the overwhelming majority close to 70%

That means Yorubas can dominate easily and even win an election on their own without seeking the approval of the Urhobo or Isoko or Itsekiri ot Esan or other groups making the union
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by GAR3TH(m): 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
@ Dede1

You do know there is a BIG difference between igbo land and were igbos can be found. In reality there isn't a clear definition to what igbo land is as in the case for some other tribes, thats why you see people say igbo land is were igbos are found which is wrong. For example, northern part of delta state is technically edo land since that area was under control by the bini kingdom before the British came. It was just before Nigeria got independence that you started seeing igbos migrate there. Back in the 1800s, the 1914 and even up to 1991, asaba and the other town in the area were only a small village. Same thing goes for other areas such as port harcourt/ niger delta, lagos, abuja, etc. Just because igbos live there and are found in masses doesn't necessarily make it Igbo land. If anything the real extent of igbo land's boundaries is best represented by the boundaries of the Nri Kingdom.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ranlaen: 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
@dede1

[img][/img]

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
GAR3TH:

@ Dede1

You do know there is a BIG difference between igbo land and were igbos can be found. In reality there isn't a clear definition to what igbo land is as in the case for some other tribes, thats why you see people say igbo land is were igbos are found which is wrong. For example, northern part of delta state is technically edo land since that area was under control by the bini kingdom before the British came. It was just before Nigeria got independence that you started seeing igbos migrate there. Back in the 1800s, the 1914 and even up to 1991, asaba and the other town in the area were only a small village. Same thing goes for other areas such as port harcourt/ niger delta, lagos, abuja, etc. Just because igbos live there and are found in masses doesn't necessarily make it Igbo land. If anything the real extent of igbo land's boundaries is best represented by the boundaries of the Nri Kingdom.

You are not qualified to tell Igbo man where Igbo land started and stopped. I tried to make sense out of your drivel but failed. If Igbo person is a native of a land beyond Agbor, it is Igbo land unless you want to go to war with Republic of Igbo land to say otherwise.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by GAR3TH(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

You are not qualified to tell Igbo man where Igbo land started and stopped. I tried to make sense out of your drivel but failed. If Igbo person is a native of a land beyond Agbor, it is Igbo land unless you want to go to war with Republic of Igbo land to say otherwise.

So you don't know nor have any evidence of what exactly is igbo land or its boundaries, so you treating to go to war, who is fooling who. . . . .

so according to you lagos and abuja is also igbo land since igbos live and are native there lol.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
ranlaen:

So you are saying the Niger delta need igbos to "protect us"?
pretty sure we can afford to protect ourselves and with funding can build a pretty modern army.
No offence but its you thats day dreaming if you think you can just annex places like Idah .
anyhow not like you even have liver to fight .
Its easy to sit there and sound tough behind a keyboard let me see what you can do with a gun facing tanks .
talk is cheap,just accept you were born a Nigerian you will die a Nigerian sooner you leave your fantasy behind sooner you can make a proper life for yourself.
Spending your days on this planet drawing meaniless maps will not help you  grin,past Nairaland forum no one even know you or care.Your fellow igbo brothers are busy making it out there not wasting time dreaming of some country that does not exist or will ever exist.
all this years you spent on nairaland talking about your new country no progress but your mates are using their time properly and building lives for themselves.
you can throw all the insults you like (i checked your past posts and all you do is insult) simply because you are hiding behind a keyboard but to do anything of what you scream here in real world you cannot .

I really do not get your silly illogicality. Niger Delta, even according to your myopic view, is home to Ndigbo. Republic of Igbo land must claim what is rightful theirs and had no time and resources to waste on defending any idiotic expendable.

You are still ashame to mentioned the ethnicity of your forbearers. Europeans say there is no need to worry about crossing the bridge until they get to the bridge.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
GAR3TH:

So you don't know nor have any evidence of what exactly is igbo land or its boundaries, so you treating to go to war, who is fooling who. . . . .

so according to you lagos and abuja is also igbo land since igbos live and are native there lol.

I guess you are not ridiculously naïve to insinuate that Yoruba and Nupe territories as Lagos and Abuja respectively are Igbo land. This is what I meant you are woefully unqualified to tell Igbo person where Aligbo started and ended.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ak47mann(m): 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

I guess you are not ridiculously naïve to insinuate that Yoruba and Nupe territories as Lagos and Abuja respectively are Igbo land. This is what I meant you are woefully unqualified to tell Igbo person where Aligbo started and ended.
GBAM cool cool i like the way you educate them,even thou some refuse to sink in that will not stop you from keeping it going.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Instead of splitting the North into 2, they dont have a problem being one.

Rather the 5th country should be a Niger Delta country which would consist of all the SS states That way no ethnic group would have a large majority and it would be more equitable.

Compared to Joining Biafra or Oduduwa where they would be an almost insignificant minority

E.g If Oduduwa was to include Edo and Delta, Yorubas would be the overwhelming majority close to 70%

That means Yorubas can dominate easily and even win an election on their own without seeking the approval of the Urhobo or Isoko or Itsekiri ot Esan or other groups making the union

Dayokolodo,

This is the reason people from Ogbomosho are not allowed on the roundtable where negotiation talks take place. It is either they goofed off or introduce element of stupidity. Nation states that would emerge from the rubbles of disintegrated Nigeria will consider close proximities in culture and tradition. Nobody is ready to repeat the blunders of 1914 amalgamation.

The current state arrangement will have little or no weight to bear on the decisions taken in the conference hall or on the battle field.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by GAR3TH(m): 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

Hence why I said Igbo and many other tribes,  All this Ethnic land talk is all made up, there is no evidence to say that so and so ethnic group owns such land. The only evidence that actually hold true is the borders of ancient kingdoms and clans. Other than that people are just talking with out reason when they say they own a piece of land. its like me going to ghana or new york and saying that is now GAR3THLand just because i live there. Yes I agree that people of so and so ethnic group are currently there but it doesn't necessarily make it there land.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ranlaen: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dede1:

See who is threatening war ?someone hiding behind his pentium 3.You get liver to even stand in front of people to declare war.Go sit down ,come talk when we see you on NTA news declaring your igboland republic.

Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by ak47mann(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2012
What i know is that we human are all "inhabitants" in Europe people migrated from different towns and settled some English people their ancestors came from germany,and when you look at the alphabets you can read similar words,people migrated from different places.

Nobody came to this world and GOD mark out a special land for them,lets be real,in 1900 that time, nobody "i mean" no tribe can say their land start from here and end there,the map was drawn by English people no body have the monopoly to draw boundaries.People were at that time moving from one place to the other,some towns around nnewi lost their lands to nnewi people,till English man came and start demarcating land for different villages,then onisha indigence came from asaba and settled there, onitsha land was free for all but the igbos from asaba took the advantage.Now you cant take it from them, smiley smiley
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dainfamous: 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2012
Am from asaba any body that want to claim my land will not win delta igbos want to join their SE brothers don't be deluded pls guys we rather join our people  with similar cultures wink wink
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 18, 2012
Da infamous:

Am from asaba any body that want to claim my land will not win delta igbos want to join their SE brothers don't be deluded pls guys we rather join our people  with similar cultures wink wink

tell them my brother because the day they will see our red eyes is if they ever touch an inch of igboland from edo all the way to Bonny and Opobo.  cool
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by Dede1(m): 3:28am On Feb 18, 2012
GAR3TH:

Hence why I said Igbo and many other tribes, All this Ethnic land talk is all made up, there is no evidence to say that so and so ethnic group owns such land. The only evidence that actually hold true is the borders of ancient kingdoms and clans. Other than that people are just talking with out reason when they say they own a piece of land. its like me going to ghana or new york and saying that is now GAR3THLand just because i live there. Yes I agree that people of so and so ethnic group are currently there but it doesn't necessarily make it there land.

You have sounded like a marked stranger in whatever land your forbearers called home. The village I called home, the land belongs to my people and nobody could lay claim to it. Even people from my maternal village, which is next door, can not lay hand on any piece of land in my village talk less a person of different ethnicity.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by GAR3TH(m): 3:43am On Feb 18, 2012
Dede1:

You have sounded like a marked stranger in whatever land your forbearers called home. The village I called home, the land belongs to my people and nobody could lay claim to it. Even people from my maternal village, which is next door, can not lay hand on any piece of land in my village talk less a person of different ethnicity.

My main point that i'm making is people do not have the right to claim land, they did not create the land nor its minerals and they did not create the trees or its soil. Unless you or someone else is Jesus, god or some religious super being in disguise you have no right to claim land in this universe. Yes you live there and its your home but its definitely not your land. Different people in the past owned that land and different people in the future will own that same piece of land. All this ethnic bigotry and land grabbing by myopic, tribalistic creatures is invalid, no one can claim what they did not create. Stop acting like apes and start acting like humans, it 2012 and people are still talking about tribal land.

You previously said you will go to war for a piece of land, but i ask you, did you make that land, have you and your ancestors lived on that land since the dawn of time, so what in the blue hell makes it your land. This is the kind of ideology that separates the progressives like me from people like you. To be frank, people like you need to be deposed of, earth doesn't need this type of ideology.
Re: South East Gets Lowest Allocations Compared With to the North, Why? by cfours: 6:45am On Feb 20, 2012
Dede1:

Have you heard about small but mighty? grin grin 

you're ridiculous.
empty barrels making the loudest noise as usual. mighty ko, fierce ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: 41 Candidates Jostle To Become Lagos Governor, 589 Eye Lagos Assembly. / "No More Amnesty For Cultists" - Wike / 2023: Tricky Storms Before Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.