Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Strictly For Catholics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strictly For Catholics (1123 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / A Thread For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Catholics by uzzi: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2007
I know that saints in heaven can interceed for people on earth but I didnt practice it until recently. I needed a favor from God and seeing myself as unworthy of reaching God myself I called on the St. Anthony of Padua, St. Jude Thaddeus and St. Therese of the Child Jesus and I cant express to you how they saw me through. Let me give you an expo: if you are asking anything from God and it is had to come by, just call on our Mother Mary and then some saints to interceed for you and you will be suprised. Another thing, treat every begger you see with love. You wont know how important they are until you start looking for them may be to fulfil your paomise to the saints. It happened to me. More stories on the way. Just keep praying and trusting God just as a little girl trusts her dad.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 9:58pm On Oct 22, 2007
Hi @uzzi,

I know you said "strictly" for Catholics - but the Forum is strictly for Nairalanders! grin

Anyway. .

uzzi:

I needed a favor from God and seeing myself as unworthy of reaching God myself

You may not know that you are denying God's love and full grace to you. Why would anyone want to say they are UNWORTHY after God has made them worthy? See the following:

Ephesians 1:6 -- "To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Romans 8:1 -- "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 4:16 -- "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Yes, if you have believed in the Lord Jesus and are saved by His blood, God has made you worthy through Jesus Christ. To say that He has not done so, is to deny His WORD and forfeit His grace!

Cheers. smiley
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2007
You are right Uzzi, the Angels and Saints of God are always around us, when we call on them, because our righteouness is like a filthy rag before God, each time in everyday we sin against God knowing and unknowingly thru words, action, deed, and these heavenly bodies stand for us, intercedes for us  E.g is St. Michael Angel of War, i like him, he fights battles for us, and what do you say about St. Raphael the healing angel.  There are so many miracles they have performed through Christ our Lord but the seen and unseen ones.  So many testimonies of their works.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2007
You are right Uzzi, the Angels and Saints of God are always around us, when we call on them, because our righteouness is like a filthy rag before God, each time in everyday we sin against God knowing and unknowingly through words, action, deed, and these heavenly bodies stand for us, intercedes for us E.g is St. Michael Angel of War, i like him, he fights battles for us, and what do you say about St. Raphael the healing angel. There are so many miracles they have performed through Christ our Lord but the seen and unseen ones. So many testimonies of their works.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

when we call on them, because our righteouness is like a filthy rag before God, each time in everyday we sin against God knowing and unknowingly through words, action, deed,

>>sugh!<< Human ideas have a magical bondage on people! undecided

Romans 6:18 - "Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness."

Romans 10:4 - "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

Romans 10:10 - "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

2 Corinthians 5:21 - "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

You are no longer a slave to sin - and God has made you righteous! There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ.

Are you in Christ, or you are NOT?

Grace. cheesy
Re: Strictly For Catholics by cgift(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2007
Its a pity.

Those who are in Christ cannot be running away from Him. When I said earlier that Christ is being viewed as an angry being by the Catholics who cannot accept them when they pray to him (is it that they are so sin-conscious and are not bold enough to call upon him), they need to look for alternatives where it does not exist. They now appeal to dead people and supposedly Mary to do the pleading for them. Is that not idolatroy and a direct anti-Christ teaching?

People who behave like this actually are giving us pointers to the fact that they cannot simply honour God with their lives in a holy and righteous living. I may be wrong though undecided
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2007
i really don't understand you two (una get serious problem o) grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2007
Sincerely if they say is either Pilgrim or Cgift church or never. (I will never smell coming there) because if you are like this, how will the other people in ur church be. (make una take am easy o) grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

Sincerely if they say is either Pilgrim or Cgift church or never. (I will never smell coming there) because if you are like this, how will the other people in your church be. (make una take am easy o) grin

Nothing to fear, Nne Oby1. grin There's only one thing that will not let you 'smell' me - truth as we find it in the Bible, shikena! cheesy

Okay, I hear - we dey take am easy. Enjoy.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
My dear u turn the bible upside down
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

My dear u turn the bible upside down

I hear. It would be your responsibility to go beyond that claim and set us straight. grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
It is clear that even though many Christains have repented of sin and made completely holy.  We can die not having cared for one another as ardently as God's word demands.  We can die with sizable residues of arrogance, pride, selfishness, and resentment still remaining.  In the Bible, men and women could not see God face-to-face adn live because of their sins (Exo.33:20; Luke chapter 5 vs cool Sin keeps us from gazing on the glory of God.

As we seek Christ, we will not be overcome by the obstacles which frustrate our efforts to live each day as God desires.  Jesus, our Way, has ransomed us with his most precious blood.  Therefore, we can live now knowing the peace and Joy that come from living in obedience to God's will. 

Because the intercessory prayer is pleasing to God (1 tim.2:3), the saints - who are now perfect in love - are eager to pray on our behalf, and because the prayer of a righteous person is very powerful (James 5:16), asking the saints to assist us can be spiritually beneficial and rewarding.

@Uzzi
i'm one of the living testimony to what you said.  I have been experiencing wonders through the intercession of the saints and our mother Mary
Re: Strictly For Catholics by smile4kenn(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2007
Sometimes i feel comfortable taling to Virgin Mary because as the mother of God, She knows the best way of talking to her Son.

I also pray to St. Anthony of Padua, After i saw a little boy's(5yrs) expirence with St. Anthony of Padua at his school, then i added Him to my list of Saints.

Saints can help you intercede, and can lead you to the right grace of God. If they were opportuned to be in nazareth doing the time of jesus, Jesus would have had them as disciples. I(and other catholics too) also pray to the disciples like St. bathlomew, St. Peter the great, St. Jude and many of them.

We can see from St. paul who projected Christainity to the level we have today. the way St. paul taught and travelled about Christainity; physically Jesus did not reach that way on earth and likewise his disciples.

St. Paul did so many miracles, he did so many teachings and he taught us to call Jesus, God, because he was God as Man on Earth.

I wish this will be my last time on Religion part of nairaland
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2007
I wish this will be my last time on Religion part of nairaland

Why did you say that?
Re: Strictly For Catholics by smile4kenn(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Oby1

This Religion part of nairaland, they are specialized in criticizing catholism
Re: Strictly For Catholics by donmaselo: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2007
pilgrim.1 and cgift

why cant you stop attacking catholics.where do you belong.you attack catholics muslims etc just because of what a pastor in a church that was an offshot of catholics preached.please mind your own business.this thread is not for argument but for learning by catholics.Respect their veiws.But that doesnt mean i said they are in the right path.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2007
@don maselo,

don maselo:

pilgrim.1 and cgift

why can't you stop attacking catholics.where do you belong.you attack catholics muslims etc just because of what a pastor in a church that was an offshot of catholics preached.please mind your own business.this thread is not for argument but for learning by catholics.Respect their veiws.But that doesnt mean i said they are in the right path.

You already know they are not in the right path - yet, you assume that to simply post the clear truth that you can't deal with has become ATTACK! grin

Did you notice that I had left the Catholic threads alone for a while when I turned my attention to bleach the bloviates from Muslim apologists? Don't worry, I'm taking a long break for some very pressing issues - but when I return, you will read even more from me regarding the real connection between Islam and Catholcism.

Just dress warm when I return. Cherio. grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2007
@Smile4kenn
This Religion part of nairaland, they are specialized in criticizing catholism

That won't be the reason for you to stop contributing to the thread, remember thru persecution you gather even more strength, i must tell you that i have learnt so much from this thread that has made me to even gaining more stand in belonging to the Catholic fold, that is the plain truth. Experience they say is the best teacher.

People have been tempted to set their focus on human figure. They build their faith on human ego. As a result, they are misled and highly disappointed. Many have dropped their faith in God and backslided to worldliness. Why? Because a great man of God, whom they so much trusted has been found unfaithful and immoral.

The various thread set up by our fellow (protestant) brethren has been very annoying, comprising of different lies, false accusation, but we know within us that it is not true. If it is true, why are people who have dropped out of the Catholic church coming back?

What i do personally is to avoid any post from them, except the ones that can grow me spiritually, but anyone they post that is against the Cathoic teachings i ignore it, with that i control myself.

So don't leave the thread, you can post something that is of interest that we can learn from.

Everyday i meditate on the readings of the day, and gather out some passages that is of interest to me and i share it together. Don't leave we need each other.

May God help us and our Mother Mary and all the angels and saints intercede for us.

Lord please i ask for your Grace upon your son (Smile4kenn) to serve you. Amen
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 9:38am On Nov 06, 2007
@Don Maselo
But that doesnt mean i said they are in the right path.

If they (Catholics) are not on the right path, Can you tell me a particular denomination that is on the right path?

I need ur answer.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2007
Hehehe. . . the link between Islam and Catholicism is now being dramatized! grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2007
If they (Catholics) are not on the right path, Can you tell me a particular denomination that is on the right path?

I need your answer.

@Pilgrim and Don maselo

You've not answered my question, Can you tell me the denomination that is on the right path?
Re: Strictly For Catholics by pilgrim1(f): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Oby1,

Keep your question to the original plaudit for now. .and when the time comes, I'll offer you answers. You suddenly wan join pilgrim.1 for your wahala, abi? Sorry, I'm just going to sit back and watch the drama unfold.

At the appropriate time, you will be reading from me about the connection between Islam and Catholicism; so please entertain us more with your wide-eyed amazements in quizzing don maselo. grin
Re: Strictly For Catholics by chychy(f): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2007
Its a pity.

Those who are in Christ cannot be running away from Him. When I said earlier that Christ is being viewed as an angry being by the Catholics who cannot accept them when they pray to him (is it that they are so sin-conscious and are not bold enough to call upon him), they need to look for alternatives where it does not exist. They now appeal to dead people and supposedly Mary to do the pleading for them. Is that not idolatroy and a direct anti-Christ teaching?

People who behave like this actually are giving us pointers to the fact that they cannot simply honour God with their lives in a holy and righteous living. I may be wrong though

Whether we like it or not, when we sin we move away from Christ and God's graces. As human beings esp catholics, we feel unworthy of God's graces which is very natural. While God does not work according to human understanding, the truth is that at certain points in life, we need holier pple to intercede 4 us, only catholics will understand this, We do not idolise, we just go thru intermediaries that pray on our behalf.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2007
join pilgrim.1 for your wahala, abi?

But my question is very simple and it did not pose any wahala, but if you feel you can't answer it, then i rest my case.

This is a free world, so you are free to post whatever you like, i didn't say you should stop.

Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by mnwankwo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Catholics,

A person who has the genuine desire to serve and obey the laws of God must follow the truth even when it is unpalatable. Pilgrim 1 atimes mixes the subtance with unneccesary outbursts in her postings but the substance of what she posts in most cases is correct. My advice is that catholics should consider the substance of her posts and do not sweep them under the carpet or try to paint her as a hater of the catholic faith. Her contributions (without her unnecessary outbursts) is the best friend catholics can have on this forum. It challenges catholics to look at their faith and determine whether or not some of its teachings are contradictory to the laws of God. A humble man will always follow the truth even when the truth tears apart his or her most cherished beliefs. The kernel of Pilgrim 1 contribution is that Mariolatory contradicts the commandments of God and she is absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Catholics by chiboyz(m): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2007
@PILGRIM

i can see you have some issues against catholics but i would like you to know that catholicism was the first christian religion on earth and from it the offshoots of the rest of the denominations but at the end of the day, it does not matter one bit which religion you you are from as long as you do unto others what you would want them to do unto you.
Re: Strictly For Catholics by ricadelide(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2007
Hey Oby1, how're u doin?
Oby1:

That won't be the reason for you to stop contributing to the thread, remember through persecution you gather even more strength, i must tell you that i have learnt so much from this thread that has made me to even gaining more stand in belonging to the Catholic fold, that is the plain truth. Experience they say is the best teacher.
Lol . . . nobody has "persecuted" catholics here grin Abi na online, verbal persecution? when real persecution comes, we no go fit type for internet o!
Jokes apart, I admire your resolve, however the real question is; is it justified? Hopefully, soon, you'd answer that.

People have been tempted to set their focus on human figure. They build their faith on human ego. As a result, they are misled and highly disappointed. Many have dropped their faith in God and backslided to worldliness. Why? Because a great man of God, whom they so much trusted has been found unfaithful and immoral
OK. I like that you said this. However, make that not only human figures, but also human organizations , religious or secular, whether protestant or catholic or any other. There is no sacred cow with God, and with any child of God.

The various thread set up by our fellow (protestant) brethren has been very annoying, comprising of different lies, false accusation, but we know within us that it is not true. If it is true, why are people who have dropped out of the Catholic church coming back?
Now it gets interesting. Agreed, lies and false accusation can be annoying. But i've seen none of them on those threads - what i've seen is Truth being presented from the Word (which we all claim is our reference point) and denial when those truths are seen to be at loggerheads with what we hold so dearly - our 'church'.
Are the scriptures quoted lies? Or is it the quotes from the various catholic websites that are lies? For example, the 'promises' of Mary that was addressed side by side with scripture - are those also lies? Or is it wrong to examine all things in the light of the Word (Acts. 17:11, 1Thess.5:21) Or can you justify those "promises" in the light of the scriptures? (you can refer to that thread to objectively look at the issues).
There are many official doctrinal statements that we have not even cited as of yet, but which are even more incriminating - what will you do then?
What is obvious is that, sorry to point out, but truth is: you have a sacred cow - the beliefs you have accepted, the 'church' you grew up in, the teachings you were taught in sunday school, in cathechism and in baptismal classes - and you have refused to accept that it (or they) can be wrong, that you can be decieved. You have assumed that the church is infallible. And that is why, in the face of glaring evidence, which will still be made much more glaring, you still chose to ignore the Truth and hold on dearly to your sacred cow.
Believe me, i've been there, and i know what i'm talking about. Now coming to your last statement; that former catholics who left are coming back - that is very so not true cheesy, a handful who did not find their footing might, but the majority aren't and wouldn't. I also left the catholic church, and i definitely ain't coming back. And, although i argued and argued, thank God i ultimately did not ignore the truth - the Spirit's nudging of my conscience wouldn't allow; my prayer for you is that the Holy Spirit will continue to nudge your conscience until the truth takes its rightful place in you. (hope say that is a good prayer? undecided)

What i do personally is to avoid any post from them, except the ones that can grow me spiritually, but anyone they post that is against the Cathoic teachings i ignore it[color=#990000][/color], with that i control myself.
Ok. Maybe we've been too militant, lol grin. However, again, you have clearly illustrated in your own words how much you hold 'catholic teaching' as a sacred cow. However, questions naturally arise:
     ~is it possible that the 'catholic teaching' can be wrong?
     ~if you are faced with a catholic teaching that clearly contradicts biblical teaching, what will you do or which would you follow?
Sometimes its good to ignore - but my prayer is that we will not ignore when confronted with the truth.

So don't leave the thread, you can post something that is of interest that we can learn from. Everyday i meditate on the readings of the day, and gather out some passages that is of interest to me and i share it together. Don't leave we need each other.
How nice.

May God help us and our Mother Mary and all the angels and saints intercede for us.
No need for the additions, lol. God will help us. Sorry to bust your bubble, but angels and dead people don't 'intercede' for us. The saints here on earth will though - the Holy Spirit will move them to.

Lord please i ask for your Grace upon your son (Smile4kenn) to serve you. Amen
Again, how nice of you. Cheers smiley
Re: Strictly For Catholics by Oby1(f): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ricadel,
Sorry to bust your bubble, but angels and dead people don't 'intercede' for us.

They seem dead to you, but to God and the faithfuls they are living.
If you have not witnessed the intercession of the saints, i must tell you i have witness it and that is why i stand my ground.

(1) (Reply)

Daily Manna / Where Is Deepsight? / The Possibility Of The Presence Of Witchcraft In The Church:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.