Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence (10718 Views)

What Is The Possible Jail Term Sentence For Dasuki And Co If Found Guilty / Osama Bin Laden Is Alive - Abdulmutallab / New Video of Training, Martyrdom Statements : Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by mukina2: 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nigerian terrrorist, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who was handed a life sentence for attempting to blow up a U.S. airliner on Christmas Day 2009, has appealed the punishment, which his lawyer Anthony Chambers has referred to as "cruel and unconstitutional".

The notice of appeal by the "underwear bomber" was dated Thursday and posted on Friday in the electronic court record for federal court in Detroit, the Associated Press reported.

Abdulmutallab had pleaded guilty to a failed terrorist attack, four months ago in October. He had been carrying the explosives in his underwear and had attempted to blow up the Detroit bound plane, which had 289 passengers on board.

While the explosives hadn't detonated completely, they had caused a brief fire, buringing Abdulmutallab's groin.

In his speech before court during his sentence hearing, Abdulmutallab had offered no apologies for his dangerous actions, calling it a revenge mission against United States for their ill treatment of muslims.

While his attorney had argued that the mandatory life sentence be reduced as the plot had failed, prosecutors had maintained that the explosion had failed out of sheer luck.

A 52-second FBI video of the mock explosion that showed the impact the explosives on Abdulmutallab would have caused was played out in court yesterday.

The unrepentant "underwear bomber", watching the video, shouted twice "God is Great!"

U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds who presided over the case set aside Chamber's call for a lesser sentence, adding that Abdulmutallab, who described the day as a "day of victory", had shown no remorse for his actions.

Abdulmutallab had sat with a passive look on his face as the Edmunds handed down the maximum penalty for the crime committed.

“This was an act of terrorism that cannot be quibbled with,” said US District Judge Nancy Edmunds.

http://www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=31489&cat=Local
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
Excellent.

Our legal system works.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by hane(m): 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
But he wanted to die. So why does he want to live now.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by slam7000(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
life sentence is wrong, he should be sent to the electric chair,with life sentence,he could be free in about 20 years,get deported and then continue from where his dad stopped, BTW, his dad who sent him to middle east to study islamic studies but claims he is ignorant of his deviation is presently head of islamic bank, sooner or later they,ll all be exposed, thank God this incident happened in the USA,this guy wld be in his dads mansion drinking kunu and fura de nunu with nice with nice nyarinya dressed in ninja balaclava rubbing his shoulders if the incident occurred in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
hane:

But he wanted to die. So why does he want to live now.

Excellent question
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by slam7000(m): 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
life sentence is wrong, he should be sent to the electric chair,with life sentence,he could be free in about 20 years,get deported to naija and then continue from where his dad stopped, BTW, his dad who sent him to middle east to study islamic studies but claims his ignorance about his deviation is presently head of islamic bank, sooner or later they,ll all be exposed, thank God this incident happened in the USA,this guy wld be in his dads mansion drinking kunu and fura de nunu with nice with nice nyarinya dressed in ninja balaclava rubbing his shoulders. lipsrsealed
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Excellent question

It's a legal strategy by the Lawyers.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by victorazy(m): 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
Boko Haram dey fear death? He no wan die for God again? He no wan inherit 7 virgins in heaven again? Life in US dey sweet o?
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by agabaI23(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
I think he is afraid of being rraped in jail not dying.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Atigba: 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
I think he is afraid of those gays that re waiting for him in the prison, the guy na fine boyooo?those dupe will tear e A*z, hahaha, by the time he come out of prison he will look like Bushmalis?
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
I vote life in AMERICAN prison. (not naija prison were boko haram enters everyday to free f00ls)
And he must also be forced to wear the sluttiest and whorish outfit in prison  undecided

It will be his job to provide community service to all the inmates for life  angry
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2012
agabaI23:

He should then kill himself in his cell. Very easy. Instead of MY money being wasted to feed him.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by kcemeto(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2012
what a funny world. Well, i stand 2 b corrected d last tym i checked dis same refined aboki choosed 2 die by bombing. Americans should hv helped by sending him 2 death by under wear bombing witout further appeal. Gud radiance 2 bad rubbish, abeg excuse me 2 go and pray against his bros(BH) here in nigeria b4 i head 2 bed. Gudnite.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

He should then kill himself in his cell. Very easy. Instead of MY money being wasted to feed him.
^^^EXACTLY!

An Unrepentant murderer need have NO PART of my money.
They need to bring back the old medieval-style jails. Very low cost and efficient.
They put him in a small human cage hanging from the ceiling and forget about him  grin
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2012
agabaI23:

Atigba:

I think he is afraid of those gays that re waiting for him in the prison, the guy na fine boyooo[b]?those dupe will tear e A*z, hahaha, by the time he come out of prison he will look like Bushmalis? [/b]

Lol, you guys are so right, by the time they are done with him, he'll understand the meaning of Federal Prison. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by 27naira(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
2buff:

^^^EXACTLY!

An Unrepentant murderer need have NO PART of my money.
They need to bring back the old medieval-style jails. Very low cost and efficient.
They put him in a small human cage hanging from the ceiling and forget about him  grin

very funny  grin
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Thatdave(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
by the time he spends the next 5 yrs in prison then takes his calculator to deduct it from 99yrs he'll understand that 25 in life is no joke!
All his niggers making money
wanna count more money
and he's in jail reading them on the papers every ten years.
Dear fo.ol, ur bomb could have only killed a few people! Not even the entire detroit!
Ur bunk mate is waiting for u patiently!
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
EDIT: Bah but jokes aside, I still prefer he be the resident prison b[i]i[/i]tch. A man can only remain sanely unrepentant for so long after taking and savoring so many d[i]i[/i]cks.
I would prefer it if he wasn't tossed into hell, but given some time on earth to come to terms with things . . . from constant prison d[i]i[/i]cking. grin grin
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by willsman(m): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2012
I don't know why US Government is afraid of capital punishment that would have suit the foolish boy. Assuming he suceeded on what he planned for, at least not less than 200 passengers that were on board would have perished for a mission that those not concern them. US Government made a mistake as in life sentence instead of raw acid that would have being introduced into his mouth so that at the end of the day turns the blood of the innocent people he would have murdered just like that.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by andyanders: 10:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
This appeal is just a game plan by his lawyer to make money.The defense attorney and the prosecutor all dine together. Nothing he can get out of this because, the boy in question has shown no remorse and his action can NEVER allow the juries to EVER reduce the sentence. If his lawyer is a court appointed attorney, he will  keep deceiving him that he will get something out of this while smiling to the bank to the guy's detriment.

Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab knew what he wanted to do but it failed him. The best option for that animal is to drink poison and die. and die.

The court should have given him 2 life sentences.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by omenziate(m): 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dat useless jihadist should share d same room wit d meanest and most violent anal rapist in jail and shanked to death very soon.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
2buff:

EDIT: Bah but jokes aside, I still prefer he be the resident prison b[i]i[/i]tch. A man can only remain sanely unrepentant for so long after taking and savoring so many d[i]i[/i]cks.
I would prefer it if he wasn't tossed into hell, but given some time on earth to come to terms with things . . . from constant prison d[i]i[/i]cking. grin grin

Mahn you're one cold niqqa.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by cowgurl: 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2012
I'll like to see a pix/video of him 50 yrs 4rm now so I can continue lmao, his video can also b used as a reminder 2 future terrorist i.e if dy'v not bin fully brainwashed 2 rethink.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by sandysprax(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2012
andyanders:

This appeal is just a game plan by his lawyer to make money.The defense attorney and the prosecutor all dine together. Nothing he can get out of this because, the boy in question has shown no remorse and his action can NEVER allow the juries to EVER reduce the sentence. If his lawyer is a court appointed attorney, he will  keep deceiving him that he will get something out of this while smiling to the bank to the guy's detriment.

Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab knew what he wanted to do but it failed him. The best option for that animal is to drink poison and die. and die.

The court should have given him 2 life sentences.

Exactly, his father has money which i think the lawyer wants to get cut from.America takes terrorism cases very seriously, he stands no chance at all.He has fu.cked with the wrong bi.tch, Lol.They will take him to guatanamo bay or maximum security American prisons where Mafias/Ex-drug dealers from Mexico, Italy, and hardened blacks from american slums will teach him how to behave,  Riffraff! Mtchewwwwwwww
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by manny4life(m): 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2012
2buff:

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's a lot of di.cking NO HOMO cheesy cheesy cheesy at least for another 25yrs
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^  grin grin cheesy

[flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7-QJGVdM4[/flash]
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
slam7000:

life sentence is wrong, he should be sent to the electric chair,with life sentence,[b]he could be free in about 20 years,[/b]get deported to naijas mansion drinking kunu and fura de nunu with nice with nice nyarinya dressed in ninja balaclava rubbing his shoulders.  lipsrsealed

Sorry bro, out here life is life. Thats his grave. The only way hes leaving there is in a box.
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by freecocoa(f): 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
The f00l still has mouth with which to even shout"God is great" ,why didn't they just hang that morafuka instead of wanting to use tax payers money to feed the blawdy hediot? I say kill the Devil. Ehen who knows whether the whole of his groin got damaged in the explosion?. grin
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by ceejayluv(m): 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
They said "no parole"! Chei! Umar, abeg hail Timothy McVeigh for me (service am well well o).
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
Rude inmate: boy!!!, you waanted to bamb a plane? And you dont know what that means? Ama kill you, by first bambin ya as$
farouk: pls pls aboki,i wont do it again, inshi allah!
rude inmate; sharrap your guts,get down here!!! aboki my as$. . . .
All other inmates: all cheering in loud ovation, screamin 'we all shall be next!!!'
Re: Underwear Bomber Umar Farouq Abdulmutallab Appeals Life Term Sentence by humblebee: 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
im sure he'll commit suicide in that cell by the time he starts feeling some hard ish behind him,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu Meets Taraba State APC Factions (Photos) / Defection Of Gana Unfortunate, Has No Impact On The Party- PDP Youth Coordinator / APC Took Advantage Of Bombings In Borno On Election Day To Rig – PDP Agent Tells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.