Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Anambra Joins Oil-producing States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Joins Oil-producing States (32879 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Sometimes I feel like you read my mind! Ak,kee ebe isi,biko?
I said let me swim the Ikwerre water a bit and see how it feels but it feels like I am denying my very father who brought me into this world and there is no honour,pride nor respect in that! I feel very ashamed of myself! And now I get to understand the mentality of an  average Ikwerre man. . .very weak bunch just like the lazy Onicha folks!
i tell ya, is a sad story,they lack confident, AM FROM UMUDIM NNEWI
cool
BOLDED you are right cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2012
If you were paying attention you will notice I havent made a comment about the oyeli exploration and there is why I didnt and I will let you know in a short while. . .I strongly believe the Igbos are special children of God and I will tell you why I think so. . .
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

If you were paying attention you will notice I havent made a comment about the oyeli exploration and there is why I didnt and I will let you know in a short while. . .I strongly believe the Igbos are special children of God and I will tell you why I think so. . .
True! people GOD have blessed no one can curse cool cool wink smiley JEHOVAH BU EZE cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Igwe9(m): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2012
ak47mann:

sorry my reply is up there,my keyboard is acting up cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don mind that yeye aboki,their days are numbered.This is our time bro cool cool
You're absolutely correct up there brother but nothing lasts forever, only time will tell.

Ka chineke mezie okwu!!
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
ak47mann:

i tell ya, is a sad story,they lack confident, AM FROM UMUDIM NNEWI
cool
BOLDED you are right cool

Nwanne,amarom na I bu ANAEDO!! Anaedo di uso maka na obu Nnewi sii edo nwelu nkwo!
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Obiagu1(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2012
You people are funny mehn! cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO @ Rumuoji.
@ Nri Priest and AK, the name change is very bizarre and I really don't know how those Ikwerre people feel.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 6:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
Obiagu1:

You people are funny mehn!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

LMAO @ Rumuoji.
@ Nri Priest and AK, the name change is very bizarre and I really don't know how those Ikwerre people feel.
they feel stupppiid cool cool

NRI PRIEST:

Nwanne,amarom na I bu ANAEDO!! Anaedo di uso maka na obu Nnewi sii edo nwelu nkwo!
Afia nkwo na anaedo cheesy dalu nwanne, NRI bu jelusalem anyi nalaigbo cool cool
Igwe.:

You're absolutely correct up there brother but nothing lasts forever, only time will tell.

Ka chineke mezie okwu!!
Amen
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by samyng(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
wow cool nice
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by noiseless: 6:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
It will be even more important if no matter how small or big the oil is in quantity that the poor people of  all old eastern region to benefit more than any other people from this oil by way of making sure that money are invested in infrastructures, so people from the old eastern region wont always have to travel to far away lagos and northern region in search of the same oil money as all the oil monies are invested in far away places. But then for the people to benefit from this we must and have to use any necessary means to know and checkmate those who are involved in that very oil,and confront them when they don't deliver,I believe if we get this right then other eastern states will see it and also do the right thing for our brothers/sisters in the same region, and we must be prepared to resist the "owners of nigeria" and their agents(enemies of eastern progress in whatever guise) and the game of corruption they will be throwing,either by sabotaging this and things like that, finally we really need to set a good example with even the little or big we have and show something for it,anything less is vanity.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ndahbros1: 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2012
Fossil-Fuel Discovery Would Be Disaster for Israel, Intel Corp. Official Says.

http://www.al-monitor.com/cms/contents/articles/business/2012/02/ceo-of-intel-israel-discovery-of.html

“The worst thing that could happen to us as a nation is the discovery of natural gas, and, God forbid-–also the discovery of oil. It will cause us to shift our attention away from investment in technological education,” said Maxine Fassberg, the departing chief of Intel Israel, at a conference Tuesday of the Israel Association of Electronics and Software Industries in Tel Aviv.

“The industry must be brought back home,” Fassberg said. “The waves of immigration from the Soviet Union, which, in the early years, supplied the high tech industry in Israel with incredible momentum, have decreased, and will not supply the bonus that immigration supplied in its first years. Now, we must rely solely on the education system to set in motion the wheels of Israeli technology. That is why Israel must prepare a national plan for its education system for 25 years, not two years, which will be expansive and will analyze the needs of Israeli industry as a manufacturing sector that will develop the next generation.”

Maxine Fassberg, an executive of Intel Corp.’s Israeli subsidiary, said “a discovery of gas or oil by Israel would result in a lack of attention to human capital and of investment in the education system, Assaf Giladi reports. “We owe the next generation the education that our generation received,” Fassberg said.

Publisher: Calcalist (Israel)
Original Title:
CEO of Intel Israel: Discovery of gas or oil is the worst thing that could happen to us
Author: Assaf Giladi
Published on: Tuesday, Feb 7, 2012

Categories: ⁠Analysis & Opinion⁠ ⁠Economy⁠  Israel

“We have 160,000 students in the 12th grade, but only four percent of the students are expected to complete technological subjects, study science in academia and work in the high tech industry,” Fassberg said. “In a developed country, that number stands at 25 percent, not 4 percent.”

Fassberg also noted that “Israel produces more Nobel Prize laureates per capita than any other country in the world, and will continue to produce Nobel Prizes laureates in coming years.” But she added that “Israel has a grave shortage of engineers, and universities today prefer to produce quantity and not quality, and therefore the level of the engineers is not among the highest in the world.”

Fassberg said that “if we don’t succeed in returning to the market the high ability levels it was accustomed to in recent years, we will ultimately harm it and not encourage excellence. Striving for excellence must be at the top of our list of priorities. Anything that is less than first place is a compromise, which we mustn’t reach. We owe the next generation the education that our generation received.”
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
Its not that I dont like the fact that Anambra has oil nor that its being drilled but I dont want this oil discovery to make my ppl to suddenly forget who they were before the oil wealth came in. personally,I feel the greatest gift one can get from God is wisdom which the almighty has given to the Igbos in abundance. . .I dont want people to think we became advanced or developed because of our oil because Anambrarians has been achieving greatness and giant strides from time immemorial. I wish that whatever amount of oil that was discovered will be just enough to build the necesary infrastructure like good roads with drainages,international built standard nursery,primary,secondary university schools. We must make sure our teachers are well retrained and paid handsomely. We have to go back to the original master plan of Onicha,Nkpor,Awka and Nnewi. We must develop track and field in our state,we must upgrade our cultures and festivals to international recognition. Good hospital,better retirement plan and also welfare parkages for our seniors and the poor. Esentially,all we need is the necessary infrastructure that we have been denied since the Biafran war ended and watch go to the moon!
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by iykeG(m): 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bleep oil, i̶̲̥̅̊ hate Τ̲̅ђΐ̲̅s country. Oil or N̶̲̥̅̊☺ oil
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Its not that I dont like the fact that Anambra has oil nor that its being drilled but I dont want this oil discovery to make my ppl to suddenly forget who they were before the oil wealth came in. personally,I feel the greatest gift one can get from God is wisdom which the almighty has given to the Igbos in abundance. . .I dont want people to think we became advanced or developed because of our oil because Anambrarians has been achieving greatness and giant strides from time immemorial. I wish that whatever amount of oil that was discovered will be just enough to build the necesary infrastructure like good roads with drainages,international built standard nursery,primary,secondary university schools. We must make sure our teachers are well retrained and paid handsomely. We have to go back to the original master plan of Onicha,Nkpor,Awka and Nnewi. We must develop track and field in our state,we must upgrade our cultures and festivals to international recognition. Good hospital,better retirement plan and also welfare parkages for our seniors and the poor. Esentially,all we need is the necessary infrastructure that we have been denied since the Biafran war ended and watch go to the moon!

You have said it all nwanne, already Anambra people are hardworking and industrious   cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 8:14pm On Feb 18, 2012
I feel happy for my Anambra people, Indeed they are special breeds of Igbo, different from the rest. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Now for those insulting Ikwerri people, You people must be daf.t

1. It is not about Oil as you people think, Before oil was discoverved, they knew they were not Igbos

2. If it was about oil, Imo and abia people to would have done the same thing, I mean are you people this daf.t undecided

3. The place where oil was discovered is in Igboland but does not mean the whole of anambra is Alaigbo
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
alj harem:

I feel happy for my Anambra people, Indeed they are special breeds of Igbo, different from the rest. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1. It is not about Oil as you people think, Before oil was discoverved, they knew they were not Igbos

2. If it was about oil, Imo and abia people to would have done the same thing, I mean are you people this daf.t undecided

3. The place where oil was discovered is in Igboland but does not mean the whole of anambra is Alaigbo
U DEY CRAZE cool cool

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^lol u don see the mumu don show face?
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Proxytalk: 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
How can ignoramus visitor telling the owner of the house the position of the cupboard in his kitchen?
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
Proxytalk:

How can ignoramus visitor telling the owner of the house the position of the cupboard in his kitchen?
Am telling you this people knows how to take the MICKY cool

BlackPikiN:

^^^^lol u don see the mumu don show face?
i no the maga go land with no time cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
alj harem:

2. If it was about oil, Imo and abia people to would have done the same thing, I mean are you people this daf.t  undecided

Bro biko which part is not Alaigbo?  cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by slam7000(m): 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
Y,all should not be like the foolish athlete who started celebrating then tripped and fell b4 he crossed the finish.its too early to be popping champagne over something you havent achieved yet.SE has got a long way to go.i have my reservations about this project and i wish our lazy leaders will look beyond crude oil exploration and try and revive agriculture,bring some life to P.R.O.D.A Enugu,invest in technical and vocational schools to harvest abundant talents in our youths.when i think of this so called Orient oil,i remember the environmental and ecological damages inflicted on the people of Nachi and the collapse of the company.oil will not solve our problems,the earlier we start thinking of alternative means of energy,development and revenue,the better for us.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
alj harem:

2. If it was about oil, Imo and abia people to would have done the same thing, I mean are you people this daf.t  undecided

Firstly,you tried to bring disunity amongst us by labelling Anambra Igbos "special breed"!
Secondly,you said it wasnt for oil that the Ikwerres opted for a different ethnic group,yet,numerious of you and your kindreds on somany occasion have started that we Igbos are claiming Ikwerres cause they have oil!
Thirdly,you claimed the whole of Anambra is not Igboland,well,am sure you are reffering to the Igalas of northern Anambra who has a very tiny piece of the state that escaped being added to Kogi and you made sound like they count.
You are a very poisnous animal and every Igboman here should take note. I dont know if you are yoruba but you have their characteristics!

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
chino11:

Bro biko which part is not Alaigbo?  cool

Igala land of course and maybe onitsha undecided

But Igala land yes
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Onlytruth(m): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
The Great Nri Priest, ana m ekene! Ezigbo nwa Umuoji!

AK47 nwa Nnewi ibem, ana m ekene!

Y'all are killing me with laughter here. hehe!  cheesy cheesy grin

It is sad how human beings can twist out of form just because of earthly possessions.  sad

Umu Anambra will NEVER EVER deny being Igbo even if literal heaven is discovered there.

Anyi bu umu Igbo kpom kwem.  cool cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Onlytruth(m): 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2012
Let me put alj-harem to rest.

Anambra state is Igboland, and if ever Ndigbo want to secede, we will secede with ALL parts of Anambra state.  cool
Your twists and attempts to introduce a trojan horse into our discourse will NEVER succeed. It is precisely because of people like you that I sometimes believe that Ndigbo will need to be ready for war, just in case, because frankly that is the ONLY way to reason with people like[b] alj-harem[/b].  cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by slam7000(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
@Aj Harem,

so onitsha isnt in Anambra anymore,which state is onitsha in again,,pls remind us, and which local govt area in Anambra is Igala land in, my geography may be very poor but i havent heard of that b4.BTW to hell with oil,i think its going to bring lots of pain,Anambra and the whole os south east will be better without oil wahalla, there are lots of ways to generate revenue and stimulate development without oil exploration.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 9:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Firstly,you tried to bring disunity amongst us by labelling Anambra Igbos "special breed"!
Secondly,you said it wasnt for oil that the Ikwerres opted for a different ethnic group,yet,numerious of you and your kindreds on somany occasion have started that we Igbos are claiming Ikwerres cause they have oil!
Thirdly,you claimed the whole of Anambra is not Igboland,well,am sure you are reffering to the Igalas of northern Anambra who has a very tiny piece of the state that escaped being added to Kogi and you made sound like they count.
You are a very poisnous animal and every Igboman here should take note. I dont know if you are yoruba but you have their characteristics!

My brother you are worse of and you know it.

1. Can I not praise Anambra people again ? must you label me with all sort of tribalistic names just to justify the reason for you hate.

2. I have told you people that you cannot force people that are not Igbo to be igbo by force just because they speak a version of igbo.

Listen and listen good, Today in Nigeria, Arogbo Ijaws speak Yoruba, are they yorubas ?

Beroms speak hausa, are they hausa ?

Igala speak a version of yoruba, are they yoruba ?

Nupe south speak yoruba, are they yoruba ?

Opobo speak igbo are they Igbo ?

NOOOO they all are ethnic groups that have adopted other languages. Wake up and stop this claiming rubbish.

How can I be speaking Fula and you label me as a fulani man ? Are you daf.t ?

3. but Igalas are still in anambra so what is your point ? Arogbo Ijaw have a very tiny piece of land in ondo but are still Ijaw.

Lastly call me yoruba or not, the facts are still their for you.

Well it is not the first time you people have called yorubas all sort of names even way before independence and it would not be the last.

Speak the truth and set ur heart head free. MUMU
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
Onlytruth:

Let me put alj-harem to rest.

Anambra state is Igboland, and if ever Ndigbo want to secede, we will secede with ALL parts of Anambra state.  cool
Your twists and attempts to introduce a trojan horse into our discourse will NEVER succeed. It is precisely because of people like you that I sometimes believe that Ndigbo will need to be ready for war, just in case, because frankly that is the ONLY way to reason with people like[b] alj-harem[/b].  cool

whether you secede or not is not my business. What I am driving at is the stu.pididty been displayed here by insulting Ikwerres and calling them all sort of names.

Is it by force to be Igbo ?

I can be igbo speaking by CERTAINLY DOES NOT MAKE ME IGBO.

Are Beroms Hausas even though they speak Hausa ?

such daf.t mentality being displayed here
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
slam7000:

Y,all should not be like the foolish athlete who started celebrating then tripped and fell b4 he crossed the finish.its too early to be popping champagne over something you havent achieved yet.SE has got a long way to go.i have my reservations about this project and i wish our lazy leaders will look beyond crude oil exploration and try and revive agriculture,bring some life to P.R.O.D.A Enugu,invest in technical and vocational schools to harvest abundant talents in our youths.when i think of this so called Orient oil,i remember the environmental and ecological damages inflicted on the people of Nachi and the collapse of the company.oil will not solve our problems,the earlier we start thinking of alternative means of energy,development and revenue,the better for us.
o

Trash. Go to some SS states, especially Rivers and Akwaibom and see what oil money can do economically. That aside Anambra has harnessed all other areas of endeavors; academical, technological, commercial name it.

Anambra people are already creative and industrious, in fact they are different breeds of Igbos. We are already there, because our oil and gas refinery will be up and running soon.

The oil and gas exploration and refining will create more jobs for Anambra people and the trickle down effect will also be felt in other SE states and Nigeria at large.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
slam7000:

@Aj Harem,

so onitsha isnt in Anambra anymore,which state is onitsha in again,,pls remind us, and which local govt area in Anambra is Igala land in, my geography may be very poor but i havent heard of that b4.BTW  to hell with oil,i think its going to bring lots of pain,Anambra and the whole os south east will be better without oil wahalla, there are lots of ways to generate revenue and stimulate development without oil exploration.

thank you.

maybe you should talk to some of the dumb people over here insulting Ikwerre people.

everything is not about oil, only ant brains think that oil = ethnicity
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^ Now answer this question?
Are there Igbo communities in Kogi, Benue, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states?

Tell me the communities in Anambra that are Igala.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
BlackPikiN:

^^^^ Now answer this question?
Are there Igbo communities in Kogi, Benue, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states?

Tell me the communities in Anambra that are Igala.

If you can mention 1 igbo community in Kogi and awka ibom, I would give you kudos

Nusska area

http://igalaassociationusa.org/ViewContent.aspx?id=13
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 9:21pm On Feb 18, 2012
alj harem:

If you can mention 1 igbo community in Kogi and awka ibom, I would give you kudos

Nusska area

http://igalaassociationusa.org/ViewContent.aspx?id=13

Is Nsukka in Anambra? Get your information right. Besides Its an insult to associate Anambra with those names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fuel Pump Machine With Burglary Proof Sighted In Enugu. Pix / Defection: APC Rejects Godsday Orubebe / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.