Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Anambra Joins Oil-producing States - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Joins Oil-producing States (32870 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Feb 19, 2012
Da infamous:

Otu ocha and agbaru people i don't think they will allow oil spill in their land,

I hope they don't allow any oil spill on their land because their land is arguably the most fertile land in Anambra state.
They have been feeding us with their yams and rice.

We Anambrarians will ensure that nobody pollutes our source of food for some demented mad rush to extract oil.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Dainfamous: 12:53am On Feb 19, 2012
chino11:

That your state Abia has been washed down the drain does not mean it affected others. From the time immemorial there is no government in Abia state, its a public knowledge.

Your leaders are only eating the 13 derivation without nothing to show for, today Anambra will give its people a brand new refinery. You need to come to Anambra and see massive development taking place.

Abia has no comparison with any state in Nigeria. Change your governor first, because comparing Peter Obi and TA Orji is like comparing light and darkness.
T A orji i still wonder how he manage to maneuver abia state i looked at all his projects is all shady,roads with no drainage and  bad refurbish schools and clinics and his son involve in deep corruption, i pray for abians judiciary  to strongly  impeach that man for their own good
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Dainfamous: 12:56am On Feb 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

I hope they don't allow any oil spill on their land because their land is arguably the most fertile land in Anambra state.
They have been feeding us with their yams and rice.

We Anambrarians will ensure that nobody pollutes our source of food for some demented mad rush to extract oil.

JI OFURU cheesy cheesy when ever i visit my ikwu nnem in otolo nnewi i always enjoy JI OFURU tongue
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by EkoIle1: 12:59am On Feb 19, 2012
lol @ ibo people and the word massive. Must they use that word to qualify their meaningless 419 stories?

What's so massive about roundabouts anyways?

lmao
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Onlytruth(m): 1:00am On Feb 19, 2012
This is part of why I am a strong advocate for setting up an Eastern Nigeria Development Corporation own by ALL the states in the SE and parts of SS. The company should develop all the mineral deposits in the SE and parts of SS to ensure world class environmental standards and best corporate practices.
It would also nullify cave mental rivalry and conflicts which undermine our unity, making it easier for foreigners to steal from us.

This idea is for GREAT/MATURE MINDS, not kids.  cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 1:01am On Feb 19, 2012
Da infamous:

T A orji i still wonder how he manage to maneuver abia state i looked at all his projects is all shady,roads with no drainage and  bad refurbish schools and clinics and his son involve in deep corruption, i pray for abians judiciary  to strongly  impeach that man for their own good

I think the guy blind folded them with his occultic manipulations.  grin

Well back to topic: I don't see them polluting our soil because its entirely Anambra based oil company and not some expatriates companies from India and Lebanon. So I don't see Orient messing on their own soil.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ekwynwa: 1:07am On Feb 19, 2012
Ezeuche and Chino shame on you

umunne nwao
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by OneNaira6: 1:14am On Feb 19, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Ezeuche and Chino shame on you

umunne nwao

So true.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by OneNaira6: 1:21am On Feb 19, 2012
I'll say one last thing before leaving

For anambrians wey dey for here
Do you really think only the private owned refinery would drill oil in Anambra now that the oil reserves has been broken?

Ok oo!!! since una are starting to accuse some of us trying to reason with una as "hating", make I leave this page?
All I need to say is if brothers are walking together and one puts am foot in a hole and gets bitten, another person puts am foot in the same hole and gets bitten, another puts am foot in the same hole and get bitten as well, do you think the brothers would let another of one of our brothers put his own foot in that same hole again? think about that before accusing us of insulting and hating.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Onlytruth(m): 1:28am On Feb 19, 2012
One_Naira:

Do you really think only the private owned refinery would drill oil in Anambra now that the oil reserves has been broken?

Ok oo!!! since una are starting to accuse some of us trying to reason with una as "hating", make I leave this page?
All I need to say is if brothers are walking together and one puts am foot in a hole and gets bitten, another person puts am foot in the same hole and gets bitten, another puts am foot in the same hole and get bitten as well, do you think the brothers would let another of one of our brothers put his own foot in that same hole again? think about that before accusing us of insulting and hating.

My brother don't worry the oil is for ALL OF US. Do you even need me to say that? Go to Onitsha and tell me which Igbo is which.
The whole of Anambra state is IGBOLAND, and ALL Igbo live there and own land and properties as ONE.

Don't mind the two individuals annoying other Igbo brothers here. We are sane folks.
Don't let anybody talk trash to you. If this thing fails and starts spilling oil polluting our land, where will we run to?
It is time you start ignoring kids on this site.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ekwynwa: 1:38am On Feb 19, 2012
One naira no mind chino and ezeuche a beg no vex we are one grin
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by noiseless: 2:13am On Feb 19, 2012
And if the abagworo and chinenyen guys are here with their funny or annoying way of communicating how would you feel? I have a way of dealing with irritating brothers,never appear to loose your cool but make sure you pass message.
One_Naira:

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by aljharem(m): 2:15am On Feb 19, 2012
One_Naira:

ROFLMFAO

noiseless you beat me to it. I am starting to wonder whether Igbo NL remembers whom they fight with or not on this website even when they use multiple Ids. See how many fell hard for alj_harem second id while at the same time arguing with him in another id.

don't mind the iddeiot. I am not mergne  angry

I do not speak or understand Urhobo that well. Haba you give me too much credit angry

why would I come as an urhobo man and be wishing Igbos the best. Unless I do not actually hate Igbos and you all know it but just say it so I can shut up.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by odumchi: 2:24am On Feb 19, 2012
My primary concern is that this oil does not bring any conflict or problems to the people of Anambra and Igboland as a whole. Oil has the power to bless and develop but can also destroy it.

May the people of Anambra use this resource wisely just like our brothers in Delta, Rivers, and Imo.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nnenna1(f): 2:30am On Feb 19, 2012
Hmm, awaiting anxiously about how this will turn out in the long run. I hope it will turn out to be a blessing, not a curse.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by noiseless: 4:07am On Feb 19, 2012
Well denying it doesn't necessarily mean it's not true, anyone who cares to know should only check the merengue's profile to see how you quickly registered that ID to continue spewing shiit about igbo after TRUTTELLA warned you,it's there, the first ever post by merengue on this forum then they will see what alhj harem was posting before merengue fall from no where and insulting igbos immediately after alhj_harem stopped.
alj harem:

don't mind the iddeiot. I am not mergne angry

I do not speak or understand Urhobo that well. Haba you give me too much credit angry

why would I come as an urhobo man and be wishing Igbos the best. Unless I do not actually hate Igbos and you all know it but just say it so I can shut up.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by igboboy1(m): 4:43am On Feb 19, 2012
Chino must be on some cheap Anambra crack, shocked
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Obiagu1(m): 6:03am On Feb 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

This is part of why I am a strong advocate for setting up an Eastern Nigeria Development Corporation own by ALL the states in the SE and parts of SS. The company should develop all the mineral deposits in the SE and parts of SS to ensure world class environmental standards and best corporate practices.
It would also nullify cave mental rivalry and conflicts which undermine our unity, making it easier for foreigners to steal from us.

This idea is for GREAT/MATURE MINDS, not kids.  cool

The only way out of this is regional government.

I still maintain that all the states created in Nigeria are fraud.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by OneNaira6: 6:26am On Feb 19, 2012
I believe una misread what I was saying. I was not implying that Igbo are not one because of chino or ezeuche comments, they were irrelevant, my thought was that we, SS, would not all our SE brothers follow the same path we are going (without warning them first) since we have experienced the good and the bad that came out of that path. There's more bad than there is good. 

alj harem:

don't mind the iddeiot. I am not mergne  angry

Tell that to someone whom did not interact with that meregue ID before. Abeg, the first ever post I saw from that ID, which I know was you, was an insult to Igbo people. I can smell a rat in human form from miles. wishing my yansh.
You should think of changing up your style of writing if you are going to pretend the multiple ids no be your own. That's the biggest give away; the writing tone, chameleon of all those ids are always the dead giveaway. Change it up if you are going to deny it.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by odumchi: 7:01am On Feb 19, 2012
A somewhat accurate photo of the mineral wealth of the East (Excuse the mistake on Ebonyi's shape).  grin

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by DaLover(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2012
i hope orient have plans to utilize the associated gas produced from the oil wells, they should be registered as an ipp, anambra govt should not allow more gas flaring and wasting away of millions of dollars,, plus the issue of enviromental polution caused by the flaring
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by olafolarin(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2012
Anambra made the right decision by planning a refinery for the oil block.
It will make things easier and will improve the revenue base of the state.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by vladimiros: 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2012
deAR iGBOS

AS A SOUTH South i AM ashamed you DIED NOT HIDE THIS

you would see how the rest of Nigeria would want to chop you off now
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by kettykin: 4:48am On Feb 20, 2012
i hope orient refinery will end up like petrobras of brazil, cnooc of china, efficient and well managed oil firms and not like . N. N. P. C nigeria's corruption sign post which the northern and south west corrupt alliance have used to trade the destiny of nigeria and waste the birth right of niger deltans .
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by safarigirl(f): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2012
Interesting
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2012
Locational map of Orient Petroleum Refinery, Industrial Estate, Residential Estate and huge Hospitality comprising  five star hotel, Stadium, Recreational parks for relaxation adorned by the traversing Anambra River.

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by alpattini(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2012
Congrats Ndi Anambra but I advice that a case study should be carried out in Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa on the issues of up-rising and ways of controlling it As Low As Reasonably Practicable. (ALARP) considering the area it situated.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 21, 2012
chino11:

Locational map of Orient Petroleum Refinery, Industrial Estate, Residential Estate and huge Hospitality comprising five star hotel, Stadium, Recreational parks for relaxation adorned by the traversing Anambra River.

Nwannaa how true is this one? hope no bi the totory as the case of onitsha port and ogbaru airport undecided
Im sick of these sories.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by nduchucks: 4:22am On Feb 21, 2012
olafolarin:

Anambra made the right decision by planning a refinery for the oil block.
It will make things easier and will improve the revenue base of the state.

Oh boy, Anambra does not own the refinery nor the oil blocks located in the state. The state had nothing to do with the refinery.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ekwynwa: 8:56am On Feb 21, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Oh boy, Anambra does not own the refinery nor the oil blocks located in the state. The state had nothing to do with the refinery.

who get am
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino24: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2012
Toaskarity:

Nwannaa how true is this one? hope no bi the totory as the case of onitsha port and ogbaru airport  undecided
Im sick of these sories.

It is the locational plan of the Refinery, Industrial Estate, Residential Estate and Hospitality zone. The above projects (Residential and Hospitality are presently under construction by Swiss firms. They have since relocation the siting of the Int'l Cargo Airport to Anambra north close to the refinery site.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by manchy7531: 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
While other states wait for Federal govt to do everything for them. This Igbo people don't wait for anybody. Virtually everything in the south east was built by themselves. They built airport for themselves and individual built motor assembling plant. Hate them like them Igbos are super stars. They don't believe in past glory, they are not the most educated but you see the effect of education in south east. Their community and enterprising spirit is fierce and nothing stops them.They always create something from nothing, even when you take away the opportunity from them they will create one. While other people complain and look upon Federal govt, they create industries like Nollywood for themselves that employs thousands of people. Any time that Nigeria make a significant progress check the people that make it possible it will be the Igbos. They are not deterred by the hatred of others rather it propels them. Ndi Anambra you are not joining league of oil producing but joining the league of developed city which oil will play a part. Nigeria is drawing south east back. Rochas of Imo is also doing wonders other governors don't have option than to join the massive development of south east.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari’s Signature Forged To Sell $19m Crude Oil To China - Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma / Abia Rice Farmers To Otti: Place Your Order & We Will Supply You With Abia Rice / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.