Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Anambra Joins Oil-producing States - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Joins Oil-producing States (32878 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
chino24:

It is the locational plan of the Refinery, Industrial Estate, Residential Estate and Hospitality zone. The above projects (Residential and Hospitality are presently under construction by Swiss firms. They have since relocation the siting of the Int'l Cargo Airport to Anambra north close to the refinery site.

^^^Chino, i thought you said you'd try and take a few pics after church on sunday of the new Refinery (etc)? If we're having progress in The South East, and Anambra specifically, then it's better to show it with pics so people will not think they're phantom projects.

The Swiss firms constructions in Anambra that you mentioned above, you know their website where we can get more info', or where we can see pics of said on-going work?

Good things may be happening in some South Eastern States, but we don't seem to be that concerned about selling ourselves properly to the world. Like this PPP initiative going on in Abia State for instance, apparently some multi-million $$$$ projects are already being constructed in Abia, but nobody hears of it:

Hermes Juno Ltd. was founded in 2007 as a joint venture between Hermes Group U.S.A. and some Nigerian businessmen to produce Power, Cement and other industries by utilizing Nigeria’s abundant gas resources.

The company is now owned by multiple individuals and has multiple joint venture projects with Abia State Government and are in negotiations with other State Governments for Energy and other Projects. Hermes Juno since it’s inception in 2009 as a joint venture company to produce Cement and refined Petroleum products, was the first and a significant step in Abia’s industrial diversification program to utilize its abundant oil and natural gas resources. Hermes Juno Ltd. is working with Abia State Government as our partners to develop the Energy, Cement and Minerals in the State.

We are leading the Joint Ventures like Abia Cement Company Ltd. Phase I will be completed by July. 2012 with an initial capacity of 2,000,000 MTY. Hermes Juno Ltd. Has signed a MOU with Abia State Government to install a power plant with 150 MW capacity in Abia State. We have already started negotiating for an IPP contract and also working with Doosan Korea to complete the EPC contract details. We expect site work to start in 1 year’s time.

Abia Oil Refinery Ltd. is a Hermes Juno Project. Hermes is Building this refinery at Owaza, Ukwa West in Abia State on BOT basis and ownership will be transferred to Abia State at the end of the contract. This U.S. build refinery will refine 50,000 BPD in Phase I.

Hermes Juno Ltd. Planned Abia Gas Power Plant will Generate 150 MW electricity in Phase I in simple Cycle and 225 MW in Phase II, combined Cycle.

Abia Cement Company Ltd. is a joint Venture Project by Hermes Juno Ltd. and Abia State Government. Located at Isu, Arochukwu, Phase I will be completed in July 2012 with 2,000,000 MTY Cement production capacity. Phase II will be completed in 2015 and increase the capacity to 5,000,000 MTY.

Source: http://hermesjuno.com
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Diligence: 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
, Anambra is rich in natural gas, crude oil, bauxite, ceramic and has an almost 100 percent arable soil.

In the year 2006, foundation laying ceremony for the first Nigerian private refinery Orient Petroleum Refinery (OPR) was made at Nsugbe-Umuleri area [1]. The Orient Petroleum Resource Ltd, (OPRL) owners of OPR, was licensed in June 2002, by the Federal Government to construct a private refinery with a 55,000 b/d capacity.

Furthermore, Anambra state is a state that has many other resources in terms of agro-based activities like fishery and farming, as well as land cultivated for pasturing and animal husbandry.

Currently,Anambra State has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. ,

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_State

Please start planning how to invest in Anambra State (The Light of the Nation and Home for All Good People), You are all welcome!
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino24: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Chino, i thought you said you'd try and take a few pics after church on sunday of the new Refinery (etc)? If we're having progress in The South East, and Anambra specifically, then it's better to show it with pics so people will not think they're phantom projects.

The Swiss firms constructions in Anambra that you mentioned above, you know their website where we can get more info', or where we can see pics of said on-going work?

Good things may be happening in some South Eastern States, but we don't seem to be that concerned about selling ourselves properly to the world. Like this PPP initiative going on in Abia State for instance, apparently some multi-million $$$$ projects are already being constructed in Abia, but nobody hears of it:

Nwanne I couldn't drive down there on Sunday due some engagements that came up afterwards. I work mon thru friday, I have only sat and sun to rest and attend to my personal needs. However I will make out time soon to take a trip to the site once again, its a place I visit from time to time.

They signed the contract in 2007. Early last year I was in Anambra north, they were seriously developing massive luxury apartments, recreations and other ancillaries for different classes of people both expatriate and otherwise:

"He also said the company had signed an agreement with Nerida International of Geneva, Switzerland, for the development of a housing estate in Aguleri, Anambra State.

He said the project was expected to be executed on a contractor-finance basis, adding, him, “The housing project will cater primarily for the needs of the staff of the refinery.”

Under the plans, the estate will comprise 54 buildings in its first phase, which also includes a police station, fire station, health centre, school, central business district, recreation/sports club and the estate management office.

He explained that the estate was part of the OPR integrated development scheme for the resumption of site works within the month.

He said, “We want to take full advantage of the dry season to complete the internal roads, drains, foundations, office blocks and others.”"

http://archive.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200712060534790[/b]
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by beautyuche: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2012
Anambra people hope dis will be a blessing not a curse like sum other states that are yet to benefit from being an oil producing state.as fo militancey in Anambra may i remind you that they hare still d No 1 after all where did the whole biafra start and civil war?? grin
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Dainfamous: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
beautyuche:

Anambra people hope dis will be a blessing not a curse like sum other states that are yet to benefit from being an oil producing state.as fo militancey in Anambra may i remind you that they hare still d No 1 after all where did the whole biafra start and civil war?? grin
no it will not be i think they have learn their lesson from others.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2012
gbam
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by EzeUche(m): 3:23am On Feb 26, 2012
Deleted
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2012
^^ biko mechionu! so because of the act of only one person from anambra of about illion ppl, you now wish the oil is found another place. What you just say portrays you got same mind with that of chino.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by EzeUche(m): 5:59am On Feb 26, 2012
Deleted
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 26, 2012
^^pls Im not into your round of aro or nri whatever,

Im yet to know why you wish the oil wasnt found in Anambra instead ebonyi, so because somebody like chino act weird then will be your excuse. How many ppl is in anambra? infact how many ppl from anambra on nl talk like him.
If actually you believe in igboland then you have no right to say such! ok,what have you to say about when enugu state send non indigene away or when abia did same? maybe you will enugu isnt igboland.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by EzeUche(m): 6:25am On Feb 26, 2012
Oil is a curse.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Obiagu1(m): 6:28am On Feb 26, 2012
EzeUche:

^^^

Oil is a curse. Keep on celebrating oil, because only lazy people rely on oil.

Oil is not a curse. It is not a curse to Albertans and will not be a curse to Anambrarians!

You really got issues. sad
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2012
EzeUche:

^^^

Oil is a curse. Keep on celebrating oil, because only lazy people rely on oil.
That means you want the curse to be upon ebonyi, dont make me doubt you are Igbo undecided or is aro not igbo just like onicha too tongue
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by EzeUche(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2012
Simple Question:

Where in Nigeria has oil been a success story?
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by chino11(m): 1:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
@Toaskarity, why do you keep quoting me? What is the matter with you and why are you calling my comments 'weird'? Are you DAFT, DAZED or something worse off?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Aloy Ejimakor: I’m Receiving Death Threats From IPOB Members / Atiku Returns To Nigeria Ahead Of International Press Conference Over CSU Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.