Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises (6138 Views)

Fed Govt Plans 2,000mw In 15 Months, Says Fashola-the Nation / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by nwabobo: 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
Prof Bart Nnaji, the Minister of Power, said on Friday that power supply in the country would reach above 9,000mw by December if all challenges confronting gas supply were resolved.

Nnaji made the statement in Abuja at a one-day meeting between the Ministry of Power and Ministry of Petroleum Resources with other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector.

“As you know, the Federal Government has been doing a lot to ensure that we rapidly accelerate power supply situation in the country,’’ he said.

Nnaji said Mr President launched the power roadmap in 2010 and“ as part of that, we are aligning the entire value chain of power production level. “The critical element in that is that of gas supply.’’

He said the ` `Ministry of Petroleum Resources and Ministry of Power have been working together to ensure that we bridge whatever gap.’’

The minister said the country would collaborate with international oil producers and the producers of gas and transportation to ensure that the gap was filled.

He explained that when all the National Integrated Power Producers would start functioning in December and gas supply was steady to the plants, more electricity would get to consumers.

According to him, many of the independent power producers are ready except gas supply, which is holding them from taking off. NAN

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/power-supply-to-hit-9000mw-in-december-nnaji-promises/
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by ak47mann(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
Am tired of this electric business,if they cant handle it they should invite expert-rates to handle it cool
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by egift(m): 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2012
@Post:
Yahooooo!
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
nwabobo:

.  .  .if all challenges confronting gas supply were resolved.

.  .  .“The critical element in that is that of gas supply.’’

.  .  .would collaborate with international oil producers and the producers of gas and transportation to ensure that the gap was filled.

.  .  . when all the National Integrated Power Producers would start functioning in December and gas supply was steady to the plants, more electricity would get to consumer[/b]s.

.  .  .[b]many of the independent power producers are ready except gas supply, which is holding them from taking off NAN

Prof needs to be a bit more specific on precisely how he plans to address the challenges posed by an erratic supply of gas.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by houvest: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
Nnaji has done a lot so far. I believe he will deliver.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
the gej administration - a promise a day
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2012
Story story, story.

How about some friendly advice, please, stop giving us promises for now, deliver first and then show us what you've done. Then we can believe whatever promises you spew out.

No results, no trust. Its that simple.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
Here's hoping that come december 2012, Nigerians would not have lost another opportunity to demand true change from those who continue to bilk them, and generations of their children, of the truly wonderful future they deserve and were given by the creator who gave them with so much land and resources as is still found in much of Nigeria.

Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by doofanc: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2012
"If the challenges of has supply are resolved." so what if its not resolved before that time? Then of course the fault wont be his. The man is just playing politics here.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2012
Another dreamed promise. sad
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by SkyBlue1: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2012
HNosegbe:

Story story, story.

How about some friendly advice, please, stop giving us promises for now, deliver first and then show us what you've done. Then we can believe whatever promises you spew out.

No results, no trust. Its that simple.

I concur, that is currently where my head is at with all things federal government. There is an immense trust deficit between government and the people and promises we've all heard many times over will not efface it, solid results will. No more blind promises (it is irritating), deliver or shut up. All I want to be hearing about is progress updates on solutions already being implemented, not lofty plans to start the process of implementing.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by member479760: 10:20am On Feb 19, 2012
they guy used "IF" gas blah blah , means nothing gonna happen.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by seunlayi(m): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2012
let's wait till december and see. But for now, i'm enjoying electricity, i last use my gen during the last strike. Thank you nerc

1 Like

Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 19, 2012
Deja vu
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by yuzedo: 10:40am On Feb 19, 2012
C'mon sharrapp!  angry
Is it every year this same scam is run?!  angry
Every gaddem year, they promise increased power supply by december, why not by october??  undecided
Pls just sharrap till it happens. We don't need ur fake promises anymore!  
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by babaowo: 10:54am On Feb 19, 2012
naija here we go again! Mirage! Mirage!! Mirage!!!
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Harbb: 11:09am On Feb 19, 2012
Na today
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by musiwa43: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2012
nnaji has not improve nigeria electricity . most part of nigeria are in darkness. and most part of nigeria, do not get even 1 hour of electricity a day. Nnaji have more of been running propaganda instead of during anything.

instead of Nnaji spending more time with the press. why not spend it doing something.

I think the idea of buy over the press over should stop. Nigeria is still in darkness. all the so call useless licence he issued. even the way he issue them shows he does not know anything. or he has no solution to how he fix electricity. No body issue licence that way.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 19, 2012
I aint after the capacity we can generate, what am after is stability even if it is just 1,000MW that can be generated.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 19, 2012
Nonsense!
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by NaijaInspired: 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2012
Check out www.naijainspired.com for the hottest naija jams and albums.

Like us on facebook @ facebook.com/naijainspired.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Feb 19, 2012
11years ago, OBJ promised us uninterrupted electricity by end of 2001

This is 2012
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by emiye(m): 12:00am On Feb 20, 2012
The minister with is " IF , , Then, ". Is he a Java Programmer?

He should please STFU, any promise from the FG on the power sector is so nauseating, it turns my stomach.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by BetaThings: 4:08am On Feb 20, 2012
seunlayi:

let's wait till december and see. But for now, i'm enjoying electricity, i last use my gen during the last strike. Thank you nerc

Of course, there has never been power failure in Nigerian since then. Actually power failure stopped in 2010 shortly after Jonathan became Ag President. This is proof

April 2010. Nigeria has a lot of people like you giving testimonies that we are in winter

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-433272.0.html

Jakumo:

Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead.  With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight.  This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all.     Bravo Johnny !  You is da MAN !  Take my wife, please !   I would be greatly honored.
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 20, 2012
It will only make me a fool and insensitive if i agree to what PROF.Bath said, i have seen successive governments  make promises but all their promises followed the wind to Mr.nowhere. i will agree and rejoice over these when in December i find out that my generator have gone on a compulsory leave issued by PHCN.
   As for now Goodluck is still giving me the same drug that never cured my sickness. and i cant rejoice when am sick. Our government may have tried in every other aspect but in power generation they are still lagging behind.
I MUST REMIND THAT HE MADE THIS PROMISE ON CONDITION,
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by BetaThings: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^
To start with, anyone can say that the Nigerian economy can overtake American's in 2015 IF some conditions holds
But given the way things are here, we know that such a promise/forecast is virtually meaningless
So it might be actually be better to say nothing

Now look at this

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/24821-missed-milestones-of-the-power-sector-roadmap

Missed milestones of the power sector roadmap

excerpts

"We have the will. This Roadmap shows the way". With those words President Goodluck Jonathan closed his speech in the presence of industry captains, leading government officials, investment bankers, international investors and development bankers as the Federal Government unveiled the Power Sector Roadmap - perhaps the most comprehensive policy document ever put together in Nigeria. It is now approximately 12 months since that gathering at Eko hotel and industry analysts are wondering if they picked up the wrong map.

The Presidential Action Committee on Power (PACP) constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan has done a good job of re-tracking the reform agenda and documenting an implementation path laced with milestones and performance timelines. However, these milestones, regrettably, are consistently being missed likewise the established timelines. Commentators have often blamed Nigeria's perennial sacrificial lamb - "the Nigerian Factor" for this failure. I do not subscribe to this school of thought. Infact, that phrase should now begin to take its place in Nigeria's archives given the renewed resolve, energy and determination of some Nigerians to do the right thing. Evidence can be fetched from the last general elections. Another excuse offered for this failure is the last general elections. Again, this is tenuous. Didn't policymakers know an election year was approaching while setting timelines and targets? Wouldn't it be prudent to anticipate electioneering delays and incorporate it in the programs? Shouldn't the machinery of existing reforms be running while new promises are made to the electorate?
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by BetaThings: 7:47am On Feb 20, 2012
NIPP was charged with achieving 6,000 mw in 2009
Jonathan, as VP, was the chairman. This target was not achieved

As soon as he became Ag President, he sacked the Minister of Power and took charge of the Ministry
But it took him 6months to come up with a roadmap
To me this means that as chair of NIPP, it was not Yaradua that did not allow him work. Otherwise he would have published within 3 weeks of becoming Ag President the roadmap that perhaps Yaradua had been sitting on

http://www.proshareng.com/admin/upload/reports/PowerSectorUpdateMeeting%20thePowerTarget.pdf

A short term target of 6,000MW has been earmarked, with a deadline for 31 December 2009, while it intends to achieve a medium
term target of 10,000 MW by 2011. In furtherance of its objective, $5.37 billion has been approved from the Excess Crude Account to
finance the NIPP, while funding is also expected from the fiscally challenged 2009 Budget for projects which cut across power generation, transmission and distribution.

In a bid to resuscitate the abandoned National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP), the Federal Government set up a Presidential Steering Council on the NIPP, chaired by Vice President Goodluck Jonathan. The Steering Council also has as member’s six state Governors. The Council is to coordinate the activities of the NIPP and fast track the efficient generation, transmission and distribution of power to Nigerians. Led by its Chairman, members of the Council have already begun visiting the sites of the projects. In addition to the Steering Committee, an Implementation Committee headed by the Minister of Power, Dr
Lanre Babalola is to work with the project managers to speed up action on the varying projects. Members of the Committee would be drawn from the Ministry of Power, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN)
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by samyng(m): 8:32am On Feb 20, 2012
Pray they achieve this by GOD'S GRACE
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by tunde1200(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2012
story story storyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
once upon a time time timeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
useless leaders
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 20, 2012
This Prof .Nnaji has been a "tif" for a long timeeeeee.

since Abacha days, he has been chopping from govt.

he stole with Limoke the then Minister of Power in OBJ days ( Now ex-gov of rivers)

he has been saying the same shit sinceeeeee

Prof , i dont want to curse you but ,
Re: Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises by jude33084(m): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2012
Naija govt shld stop fo*oling theirselves. We need proper distributn channel b4 generatin more power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Presidential Intervention For Nollywood Kicks Off / The True Meaning Of PDP And APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.