Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Fireworks Or Photoshop? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Fireworks Or Photoshop? (2235 Views)

Poll: Fireworks or Photoshop?

Fireworks: 50% (2 votes)
Photoshop: 50% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Real Or Photoshop? / Pls Help Me With Corel Draw Or Photoshop / Which Is Better To Print With, Coreldraw Or Photoshop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fireworks Or Photoshop? by bolaoni(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2006
Which do you prefer?

Me: Fireworks all the way.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by charlisco(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2006
is fire work a graphic application?
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2006
photoshop
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Zahymaka(m): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2006
I prefer fireworks anyday. I don't really see any difference. I love the way it handles creation of animated gifs.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by thekrafter(m): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2006
They aren't really comparable.
Compare Fireworks with Illustrator instead. They're both vector based. Photoshop is for image manipulation/creation.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Badman888(m): 2:45am On Mar 21, 2006
Photoshop
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by jibitoye(m): 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2006
Depends on what you intend using both software for. For web presentations, Fireworks might be the way to go, but if if you are into photography or serious design stuff, then the way is Photoshop (it's got no serious rivals, only pretenders to the throne, though at a price).
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by bolaoni(m): 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2006
charlisco:

is fire work a graphic application?

Yes Charlie! wink

thekrafter:

Compare Fireworks with Illustrator instead. They're both vector based. Photoshop is for image manipulation/creation.

Why if I may ask? To me, FW is as good as PS
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Maxflame(m): 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2006
FW is nowhere close to photoshop. FW optimizes the images for web while photoshop was built to handle hi res images not to mention its customizability and intergration with so many other applications out there.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by thekrafter(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2006
thekrafter:

Sorry guys. Got a little mixed up. I meant Freehand. Silly me.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Maxflame(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2006
Still photoshop is by far more advanced.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Chxta(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2006
Photoshop head and shoulders above Fireworks. Why hasn't anyone mentioned the GIMP?
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Maxflame(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2006
Coz its an open source linux freeeware which has a windows version not really common.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by queen2(f): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2006
how does firework work please, someone tell me. smiley undecided
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by pojutime(m): 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2006
microsoft paint
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Zahymaka(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2006
Queen2, fireworks is a vector graphics software that alows you to create stunning graphics [mainly for the web].

pojutime abeg you dey well at all -- paint doesn't even save gifs well and doesn't have enough colours.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Maxflame(m): 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2006
pojutime:

microsoft paint
cheesy cheesy
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Omega2(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2006
Maxflame:

cheesy cheesy
who mentioned ms paint, that's for beginners, sorry pojutime, :: you pull stunts with photoshop and firework::. i use more of firework for most of my works but i'm aware photoshop is equally wicked in handling graphics here and i use a little of it.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by fartface: 10:27am On Mar 30, 2006
I USE ADOBE, BUT FIREWORKS IS GOOD FOR FIRST LEARNER. I USED FIREWORKS THEN I MOVED TO ADOBE, MORE STUFF TO DO ON ADOBE.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by dejibabs1: 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2006
For me Fireworks is the bomb!

If you are good at using fireworks you really can come out with as much stunning designs as photshop.

My advise. Use Fireworks for web Designs and layout while you use PS for images editing. wink
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Gamine(f): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2006
i feel photoshop is it all the top guns use it. i started with it, and i am still with it grin
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Zahymaka(m): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2006
Fireworks is the tool if you're doing anything for the web -- Photoshop is for photographers, multimedia guys etc. I stick to Fireworks -- it's the best vector graphics software.
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Farriel(m): 2:55pm On May 19, 2006
Abeg tell them. Fireworks is a great app. I'm more comfortable working with it than I am with PS, even though PS produces more stunning graphics. I'm not an illustrator, neither do I do real serious image edits. So as far as web graphics go, Fireworks is just the perfect tool for me.

Timmy, where you dey? tongue
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by Zule(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2006
although,
Photoshop is used for graphic it can as well be used in creating site templates
Re: Fireworks Or Photoshop? by anton(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2006
I feel that PS is a bit more powerful, but to invest time in FW is defintely the way to got to create quick ,complex and off the chain web graphics. PS extends beyond the web tho, and when you are preparing to make an investment to get one, you have to remember that.

(1) (Reply)

3d Animation & Vfx Schools In South Africa / Venice Of Africa - Best Hyper Realistic Pencil Drawing So Far / Animations Village To The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.