Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption (2761 Views)

Confusion Mired Bauchi Govt House / Nigeria Politics Mired In Corruption And Violence / Nigeria’s Politics Mired In Corruption, Violence – Human Rights Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by AminuXXX: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2007
This whole thing is a big joke, and the reason for that is because corruption is rooted deeply in the minds of these top officials as well. Why do you think these fomer governors run to the court system to get the EFCC off their backs? These former governors also slap these top court officials with some of the money that they've embezzled, so that they can beat the case pending against them.

Sam Egwu is a prime example of what I'm emphasizing, because back in April of this year when he went to court the court system also struckout the case against him, stating that there was not enough evidence to stand in court against Sam Egwu. My question is, how is a man who was borderline poor now a Billionaire in US dollars?

Even the president of the United States cannot simply acquire so much wealth just by serving for a two term tenure, and George Bush makes $400,000 a year as apposed to Sam Egwu who made $80,000 a year during his tenure. Sam Egwu is worth more than George Bush, and this took place over an eight year period of being the former governor of Ebonyi State.

The thing that irritates me the most is how Egwu is quick to shout out that it is the work of his political enemies who are plotting to tarnish his image. Yeah right! What a front this clown can put up! I'm going to see if there's really a God! Let's see if the so call prestigious leader wont be exposed once the spotlight's on him! And even though some of that money is stashed in the Cayman Islands or somewhere, I simply want him to be exposed for the conniving swindler that he is!

And this is why blacks are in such poverty today, because of individuals like Sam Egwu who do not care about his people, but simply sees the needs to embezzle millions from his African nation, buying exotic houses in the USA, UK, and having his children attend the most lavish universities overseas while the poor citizens of Nigeria are stuck with no electricity and clean water to drink.

Why is it that it can't be logical to a thief like Sam Egwu that the more you educate your people, the more your nation will grow in wealth? This exposure is really good for people to see, because God doesn't like ugly, and it was also written, Sam Egwu!

More information can be obtained about the mischievous former governor by accessing the links below at http://allafrica.com/stories/200710291194.html and http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3186
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by TEEZERO(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2007
If you have hard evidence, it would be nice to place them here, for discussion
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by faketan(m): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ poster,
Are you from Ebonyi State? Only Ebonyi people belive he was not a good governor.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by oge4real(f): 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2007
Deji, Abeg which one you dey
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by HUMPHERY(m): 9:59am On Oct 22, 2007
HELLOW THE LAST POSTER,U MUST NOT COME FROM STATE TO KNOW HOW FAR THE STATE WAS DEFRUADED.YES,IF THE WRITER IS FROM EBONYI STATE THAT MEANS HE SHOULD KNOW PAST GOVERNOR BETTER. WE SHOULD LEARN TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE IN THIS NATION.THOUGH NAIRALAND IS NOT A POLITICAL FORUM,BUT PPLE AT LEAST SHOULD BE FREE ENOUGH TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS WITHOUT ANY BIAS.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by faketan(m): 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
HUMPHERY:

HELLOW THE LAST POSTER,You MUST NOT COME FROM STATE TO KNOW HOW FAR THE STATE WAS DEFRUADED.YES,IF THE WRITER IS FROM EBONYI STATE THAT MEANS HE SHOULD KNOW PAST GOVERNOR BETTER. WE SHOULD LEARN TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE IN THIS NATION.THOUGH NAIRALAND IS NOT A POLITICAL FORUM,BUT PPLE AT LEAST SHOULD BE FREE ENOUGH TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS WITHOUT ANY BIAS.

How funny you just concluded without hearing from the guy or from me.

Hope you will be able to call a spade a spade in real life not in nairaland. We have heard all those spade talk in the past but we were not able to see real action.
Are you the first poster?
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2007
@faketan

I dont like judging people, but in this case, i will judge SAM EGWU; even though he is like a brother to me.

Just take a trip to Ebonyi and find out for yourself, find out how much was the state's allocation for 8 years and compare it with what is on ground. You will be so ashamed at what a black man who rose from nowhere could do to his kinsmen.
Sam Egwu raped Ebonyi state to death. Why he did it is still a surprise to all those who know him, because he use to be an Angel.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by Soundmind(m): 9:53am On Oct 23, 2007
I am not from Ebonyi but i know Ebonyi very well. Sam was a media governor instead of the action he claimed to be. He was advertised by media as the messiah but if you go to Ebonyi, you will see the opposite. While he was in office, Ebonyi was the the state in the south east without street light in the capital. One of the two governors in the south east that bought over the opposition 100% and have no challenger. Abakaliki is the smallest state capital in size and most underdeveloped in the south east. If not for Walter Feghabo, Abakaliki town would have been like a village up till now.
Egwu is a good PDP member who believe in the principle of in "Share the money". He did it and was not seen by EFCC.
The head office of widow care foundation, his wife pet project is comparable to Ebonyi state government house.
His church Assemblies of God is making the matter worst. They have never agreed that he looted a kobo from government even when the eveidences are there. Hope High school is there for every one to see. Who own grace court resort?
I still vote Ebeano far far ahead of him in terms achievement and delivery.
Oh, i have talked too much. Let me do other important things.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by faketan(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2007
hmmmmmmm. I actually wanted some reactions. I thought I was alone in this believe,
Well let the masses say it.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by applecrust: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2008
And this is the man who wanted to become pdp chairman?
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by applecrust: 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2008
I don't like judging people, but in this case, i will judge SAM EGWU; even though he is like a brother to me.

Just take a trip to Ebonyi and find out for yourself, find out how much was the state's allocation for 8 years and compare it with what is on ground. You will be so ashamed at what a black man who rose from nowhere could do to his kinsmen.
Sam Egwu raped Ebonyi state to death. Why he did it is still a surprise to all those who know him, because he use to be an Angel.

Egwu was a person I also looked up to. You're correct coz what he did was a big shock. Coming from poverty the man could have been a better leader. And he looked guilty and embarrassed when the news had hit the fan. He shied away from cameras and wanted to get away. The guilty eyes never escape from expressing the true sentiment of reality and knowing what Egwu was worth before he assumed office as ebonyi gov the math doesn't add up. He's worth well over 600,000,000 pounds. Really breath taking.
Re: The Trial Of Sam Egwu Was Mired In Corruption by dadamike: 5:06pm On Jul 29, 2009
are u sure,
i guess that is our excellent MINISTER OF EDUCATION! grin

(1) (Reply)

Miserable U.k Facing Gas Shortage As Cold Weather Continues / The Solution To Nigeria's Dilemma / Ola Akinboboye Named President Of Association Of Black Cardiologists In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.