Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business (48021 Views)

Buy a Highly Profitable Business Plan.."Cooking gas home delivery service" / Soap Making In Nigeria / Soap-making Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mivepa: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
Soap making is a highly rewarding, fast moving and a very easy business requiring very low startup capital, typically N5,000.

It does not require electric power or expensive equipment.
Not everyone will buy a car but everyone needs soap!

Get details on how to start this and many more.

For just N1,500 you will get an Empowerment Kit on how to produce and market the following items:
1. Perfumes / Body Spray
2. Chocolate Drink
3. Bar Soap
4. Liquid Soap
5. Insecticide
6. Air Freshener
7. Custard
8. Hair Shampoo
9. Hair Conditioner
10. Cold Starch
11. Scouring Powder
12. Nail Polish Remover
13. Bleach
14. Talcum Powder
15. Dusting Powder
16. Fruit Juice
17. Perfumed Hand Wash
18. Ceramics Stain Remover / Toilet Stain Remover
19. Antiseptic Disinfectant
20. Germicide
21. More…

whao! Such a long list of over 20 items!

Want the empowerment kit?

Get it here... >>>

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by pharmacist(m): 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
But it is highly competitive too!!!!
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by page9(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
Are you sure the businees can be done with N3000?

What about NAFDAC Requirements?

Is that included in the N3000?

Hope it is not just manuals you are out to sell?
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by pharmacist(m): 11:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
The business can be started with N3000.00 if u consider only the
raw materials.

Definitely, it does not include overheads, marketing expenses etc
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by wealthyprince(m): 11:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
When it come to soap production in a small scale you don't need NAFDAC.
N3000 can produce liquid soap. but for bar soap at least between N3000 to
N10,000 will do, depending on the quality and quantity you want to produce
and the available capital.  with a small capital you just have to scale down
during formulation.

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mivepa: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
It is amazing how much return on investment (R.O.I) you can get on soap making from as little as N3,000 startup capital.

Inspite of the competitiveness of soap, next to food, shelter and transportation, soap is a basic need for everyone. Your product will never run short of demand except they lack good quality.

A N3,000 worth of raw chemicals will produce up to 60 litres of liquid soap.
If sold at N100 per litre, that fetches you N6,000.
With good packaging, you could sell at N150 per litre and make N9,000 from your N3,000 soap formulation!

If you are able to repeat this process 15 times in a month, that should fetch you an amazing N90,000 income from merely re-ploughing your initial N3,000 again and again.

To get started, you need the 20 items self empowerment package which enables you to choose any particular product or set of products to begin with and build confidence over time.

Get Your Self-Empowerement Package Here >>>

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by buJu234: 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
@mivapa

why not u practise what u seminar people teach,

99% of these seminar people havent practice what they re saying, jst to make quick money via
selling manual & reg. fee, pdts of SADC okota

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mivepa: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
@buJu-234

Thanks for your 'candid' advice but what makes you thing I am not practicing what I preach?

There is so much suffering and un-employment in the country, I'm sure you are aware.

Don't stop others from having access to useful details that will make life better for them.

Post your ideas and employment options here if you've got better and quicker ones.

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Ejiogbe(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
@buju-234,

Could you please come to Somolu and have a look at how we practise what we teach and sell in manuals?
Reckless statements like "99% of these seminar people havent practice what they re saying, jst to make quick money via
selling manual & reg. fee," are not encouraged on this forum.

Have you visited www.entrepreneurialjunction..com?

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by ayodele123(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
My reservations is this:

It is not about production but the marketability of the soap. We all can produce but not all can sell.
Soap is a sensitive product and many do not buy soap anyhow.
The backyard soap market is densely saturated because of low entry costs, too many Nigerians have flooded the market over the years.
How will a backyard soap compete with an established soap like lux and Imperial leather?
Put yourself in the shoes of the average nigerian consumer like me.
when i go out to buy soap, i look for Premier, Lux, Imperial Leather etc which are old, safe and tested brands with good packaging and affordable. I do not go out looking for Ayodele Soap to wash my skin with. Ayodele Soap which business address & formulation procedures may be doubtful and may not be easy to locate. what will make me buy Ayodele Soap over Imperial Leather?
We should be focusing more on the marketability rather than the prodution.
How will our product stand out among the herd of poor quality backyard soaps  in the market?
I am interested anyway but  the marketing is the main issue we need to pay more attention to.

14 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by pharmacist(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2012
GOOD TALK. You hit the nail right on the head.

I can't agree less with you.

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Ejiogbe(m): 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
Quality soap will always sell itself if the producer knows his onions.
QUALITY soap, either laundry, bathing,medicated,herbal, liquid,powdered detergent e.t.c will not itch the hand or body of the users,will foam very well,will NOT dissolve quickly,will not develop flakes few days after being produced,will have attractive scent, will meet NAFDAC standard , and will command repeated demand from the final users.How about marketing your product? Will you just jump into production without having adequate plans about the whole business? Will you not first find out , at least in your area, the type of soap consumers demand and buy? Will you not determine the marketing strategies you will adopt in launching out? Will you desire to start a business and still grope in the dark like a blind person before starting ? DUE DILIGENCE IS VERY, VERY,VERY ESSENTIAL.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by page9(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2012
For as long as you intend to produce for commercial purpose and sell to the general public. NAFDAC registration and approval is a MUST!
You will face d challenge more in marketing because people are more aware about NAFDAC no on most products.

Some people like me will not touch your soap with a pole if it does not have NAFDAC number and I am sure I am not alone.

I know that soap production entails the mixture of several chemicals especially caustic soda and soda ash and if not properly produced, can damage human skin that come in contact with it.

To be able to market soap successfully, people must be willing to try your soap and you surely need to expand territory. In doing that, you may be fishing in dangerous water if you want to do commercial production without NAFDAC approval!

You may end up on NTA with Handcuffs like a criminal.

To get the NAFDAC approved standard factory, you will need a couple of millions.

You can learn about the production if you have passion for it but take your time before you take the plunge.

I have attended several seminars and bought several manuals on soap production but I don't think I have all the required resources to do justice to the business. For me, what is what doing at all is what doing well. No APOLOGY

4 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by empron(m): 10:42am On Apr 25, 2012
[quote author=ayodele123]My reservations is this:

It is not about production but the marketability of the soap. We all can produce but not all can sell.
Soap is a sensitive product and many do not buy soap anyhow.
The backyard soap market is densely saturated because of low entry costs, too many Nigerians have flooded the market over the years.
How will a backyard soap compete with an established soap like lux and Imperial leather?
Put yourself in the shoes of the average nigerian consumer like me.
good point
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Bblife1: 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
A poster in this forum mention something about NAFDAC, but i cldnt yet get him write. Are u saying NAFDAC will not give approval to small scale business owner? Must one have million b4 going into d business just because of NAFDAC approval? I want pple of experience to come into this issue. Is it true one must not start as beginner without NAFDAC? I knw of an adage says thus; ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAYS. ideas welcome pls

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by bestplanb: 12:41pm On May 01, 2012
If you want to know more about productions and marketing strategies check http://bestplab..com
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Crispins: 2:29pm On May 01, 2012
Hey guys
I also agree with you that soap making is a good business and it do not require too much over heads and can be start with the little investment but keep it in mind that it is highly competitive and the markets leaders who are also running this business can not be defeated just making of a soap but there is a need of the strategic plans.
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Bblife1: 6:46pm On May 01, 2012
@crispins, would u pls give us this strategy and plans? Thanks
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Bblife1: 6:48pm On May 01, 2012
@page9, for long waiting for answer to my question, thanks
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by wealthyprince(m): 8:14am On Aug 17, 2012
For soap business what is d position of NAFDAC on small scale enterprise. Considering the high unemployment rate and skill aquisitions if someone learn soap making does it mean if one decide to creat a job by going into small scale production with little capital he or she has does it mean he or she cannot start untill he get a millions for factory and other thing?
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Ejiogbe(m): 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2012
Do you know that there is a good way of producing and selling your soap while still putting your acts together to process the NAFDAC registration and nobody will disturb you if you are producing good soap that meets all specified standards ? Please find out.Information is POWER.
www.entrepreneurialjunction..com

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by applerose: 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Soap making is a truly lucrative business, easy to start with very little capital.

With as little as N3,000 you can start soap making.

Get details on how to produce and market the following products:

1. Soap (liquid and solid)
2. Antiseptic disinfectant
3. Germicide
4. Stain remover for ceramic tiles and toilet bowl
5. Insecticide
6. Air freshener
7. Petroleum jelly
8. Perfume (Body spray)
9. ...and so much more

Send your request by email to mivepa.empowerments@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mivepa: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
We are still taking requests and enquiries at mivepa.empowerments@gmail.com
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by johnny2012(m): 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
If you’ve been looking for tried and tested recipes so you can create:

NATURAL HERBAL HONEY SOAP[the soap that clean any skin infection in just 10 days]
ANTI MALARIA SOAP
LAUNDRY SOAP
ANTISEPTIC SOAP
LIQUID SOAP
TOILET SOAP
DETERGENT SOAP
ALOE VERA SOAP
BODY CREAM
MEDICATED HAIR CREAM
MOSQUITO KILLER CANDLE
LAUNDRY BLEACH
TOILET BOWL BLEACH
POWDER
MEDICATED POWDER
You can get the above step by step guide for a toke Call 08158332890
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by bestplanb: 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
Come for One on One Training on how to produce Liquid soap,Bar soap and 21 house hold products just visit www.hotcake.tk
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by askfunmi: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
@mivepa pls is there a phone number one can reach you on?its urgent pls thanks
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by FufuKing(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
any more information would be very much appreciated smiley
especially how to produce on a larger scale, what machinery etc
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mivepa: 1:28am On Mar 22, 2013
NAFDAC registration demands that the business should have a dedicated business address and they will not approve a residential apartment as a production factory.

The need to acquire a separate property as factory for production purposes is the main reason, why NAFDAC registration seem so daunting, financially.

@all posters, those of you that have been wanting to have my number, here it is: +234-808-471-0033

Email: mivepa.empowerments@gmail.com

To get started, you could get the 20 items self empowerment package which enables you to choose any particular product or set of products to begin with and build confidence over time.

Get Your Self-Empowerement Package here >>>
Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by sydneyobioha(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2013
Bb life: A poster in this forum mention something about NAFDAC, but i cldnt yet get him write. Are u saying NAFDAC will not give approval to small scale business owner? Must one have million b4 going into d business just because of NAFDAC approval? I want pple of experience to come into this issue. Is it true one must not start as beginner without NAFDAC? I knw of an adage says thus; ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAYS. ideas welcome pls

my dear friend, i have been into soap production for years.. I am currently d production manager of a soap producing company in Owerri. The truth is that 2million naira cannot produce a soap that will can be approved by nafdac and SON.
Only nafdac certifications and advisory alone will cost u nothing less than 100,000naira., Standard Organisation certifications is abt 35,000naira, CAC is about 7,000 or so.. Plus other regulatory agencies nt to talk about the machines and equipments like plodder, soap boiling pot which some of them is above 1million etc..,
anything below this is fake and substandard!

2 Likes

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by mrsage(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2013
I'm into soap production and I love this thread.
I hereby wish to present an opportunity to you. This is an opportunity to invest in an existing soap production company.
A young and dynamic SME in Ogun State is seeking investors to invest in the business. The firm is involved in production and marketing of natural cosmetics. The product is duly registered and already in the market. Production started in November 2011.
The product is also available in two west african countries and being sold in one European country.
The product has positive market acceptance within and outside Nigeria. Iim sure we all know that natural cosmetics is fast gaining market acceptance. In Nigeriia we have lots of plants and herbs that work wonders on the skin.
At this point, the company needs funds for expansion, product enhancement and publicity.

The promoters of the business are ready to sell shares in the business or consider a loan package.

For more information, contact:itunuomotayo@yahoo.com

You can also leave a post on this thread.
If you have any valuable information, please feel free to share.
Thank You

1 Like

Re: Soap Making As A Highly Profitable Business by Joedestar: 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
As a young entrepreneur or a starter,u dont need to be discouraged.just make your research and start small.u dont need 2 hv all the money in the world before u start soap production.when u start ,u will knw d next step 2 take.let us stop looking 4 job,let us create jobs 4 ourselves.as 4 me iam about going in 2 d business of soap making and dat is y iam on dis site.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Tony Elumelu Shares His Throwback Photo (How It Started Vs How It Is Going)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.