Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,326 members, 7,900,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:48 PM

Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture (2435 Views)

Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017 / Interested In Poultry Farming? Ask Your Questions Here / Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
Our lands are fertile, very fertile. . .but our government has failed in agriculture. .

I dream of large plantations and vast like you know having banana plantation from lagos to ibadan, cocoa or anything else from ibadan to oshun and so on and you know how large that is. . .
With this no doubt food and fruits would be surplus and cheap that you can have a deep satisfying meal of fruits with just N100, and talk about the effect of that on our economy when we begin to export largely and food processing industries begin to spring up in numbers. . .

Now the question is why are our billionaires not interested in large scale agriculture like they are in oil investments,importation, 5 star hotels and others?
Could it be the risk involved? Or that they feel they won't get returns on time or could it be that there are policies on large scale farming that scares them away?

Pls if you have an idea on this feel free to share. . .
Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by Omonabouncing: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2012
I bet with you, if you can do that u are going to be the next African most richest man. Or though if it is ordinary cocoa u are going to surfer for at list three years ( clearing, planting, weeding and balancing of the farm) with out any hope of return after that u will be rocking in money.
The best way is to combine cocco-yam, banana and cocoa on the same plantion the other two crops will serv as shade for the cocoa after a two years then clear them all and spear only the cocoa.
For Banana the return wouldn't be long; 6 to 8 months is okay for u to get some money.
For the other Question on why the rich ignore those cash crops farming, those crops ( cocoa, cola, cashew, palm tree, banana etc) are not different from crude oil, when they are young (when the land is fertile) they will producing like crazy and u will be rich like crazy also, but there is a big ''BUT''
the 'but' here is that u are likely to lose your farm to either friend, relative, brother, even to the landlord. That is if you don't lose your head.
U may be thinking that how that can be possible? U have your document c of o and others. That can be possible through juju, sending assassins, or creating some king of trouble such as stealing your farm products or doing some kind of unacceptable things to you and if you take an action ...... Perhaps that's what they are waiting for. ( this is normally done by the landlords)
my guy d tin wey awa papa dem see b4 dat tin go stay for there hand no b small tin o
Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by ade101(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2012
I am also planing on large scale commercial farming.I particularly set out to learn the rudiment of poultry farming.So i went to meet a man in ilorin whom i heard owns a farm,I explained my ambition to him & he embraced me.Since then,any time i am lecture-free at school(unilorin),i will go to assist him in his farm.He has a pretty large farm cosisting of about 2000 broiler and 4 large fish ponds.Its my first time of a farm ,and i was in admiration with his farm (thinking that its really big).But he told me that farming expecially poultry & fishery,which he specialized on, is a very lucrative biz.So he said most of our rich men do venture into it,mostly when they are set to retire.Then he decided to show me some of the farms around the place.I was left with my mouth opened when we arrived at one farm with an estimated 250,000 Layers.Many farms around the vicinity has surprisingly large stock aswel.Imagine such multimillion naira investment in such forest (very far from residential area).My perspective that our millionairs dont invest in agro bis changed on that day.
Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by Venchy: 12:20am On Apr 30, 2012
This is a good question to ask but I think we need to ask our so called[b] Religious Leaders[/b] such question if they can afford PRIVATE JET, living a celebrity lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by deandavid(m): 5:50am On Apr 30, 2012
Venchy: This is a good question to ask but I think we need to ask our so called[b] Religious Leaders[/b] such question if they can afford PRIVATE JET, living a celebrity lifestyle.
that is what i expected the church to be doing, rather bishop oyedepo is building universities.where will the graduates of those skool work. I still think the answer to your question on the part of our billionaire not investing in commercial agriculture is either lack of idea, greed, wickedness or laziness.
Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by TOKUGAWA(m): 12:46pm On May 02, 2012
DO YOU KNOW YOUR CATFISH CAN NOW GROW UP TO TABLE SIZE IN FOUR MONTHS?
With our growth promoters,Binder Gel,Probiotic feed supplements,multivitamins and minerals,you can grow your fish to maturity before 5 months.Our products are enriched with vitamins,amino acids and other nutrients which Promotes therapeutic growth,improves taste of feed for better consumption,Enhances performance of digestive system,improves digestion and nutrient absorption,helps fishes grow faster,healthy,strengthens & improve body weight.they are 100% natural with Guarantee!

We are trusted importers and suppliers of an extensive range of specially designed, high quality growth promoter and boosters,disinfectants /sanitizers from SRIBS BIOTEKNO INTERNATIONAL(INDIA). SRIBS product range has been developed scientifically with utmost care for the aquaculture and animal health care. Products include Aquaculture Pond disinfectant, Aquaculture Pond sanitizers, Aquaculture Feed Supplement, Aquaculture Species Liver Protector, Aquaculture Probiotic Feed Supplement, Growth Promoter For Aquaculture Species, Binder Gel For Aquaculture Feed Supplements.
We are getting our products manufactured through contract manufacturing from SRIBS BIOTEKNO INTERNATIONAL an ISO 9001 company, and are procuring quality assured products from reputed brands like suPerio, uniQsan, viaMina, groFast, proLive, hiBindz, toPro, cheQz, supreMo, milQx and enHanso. These products comply with the international standards and norms and are offered to our clients in several packages and specifications.
Incorporated in the year 2007, SRIBS Biotekno International is a reputed name engaged in exporting and supplying of a comprehensive range of disinfectants, feed supplements, poultry supplements, cattle feed supplements, chicken feed supplements, feed vitamin supplements, growth promoters and probiotics, catering to the varied demands of aquaculture, poultry, dairy and piggery areas. Our products are specially designed and carefully blended with suitable components .
for specific purpose.
call 08035326378,08181290616 or visit our webpage at www.fishcare.gnbo.com.ng or on facebook ,search living christ fish farms.
Re: Why Dont Our Billionaires Seem Interested In Large Scale Agriculture by jesusmandator(m): 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
See, billionaires u see around did nt get their money fron agriculture, so they cant invest in agriculture, agric requires experience nd quality time as a graduate from FUNAAB, we've been taught theory, but let me tell u it is diferent on the field...a farmer is a farmer on the field with his crop nd his animals...so experience as u hv set out to learn go on nd u will find out that d passion will grow from within u . For enquiry on any animal agriculture call 07064207398.

(1) (Reply)

Purchase Your New Gnld's Super Gro Natural Liquid Fertilizer / Fresh Farm Eggs For Sale (farm Located In Sagamu) / Neat Fairly Used ADEX Roofing Sheet For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.