Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Who Is Chris Uba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Chris Uba? (33402 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / Where Is Chris Ngige? / OSUN Guber Election: APC Jittery About CHRIS UBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Chris Uba? by larger20(m): 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
I have searched the end of the internet to see what this man do for living but all i see is political issue about him and ngige. What does he do for living? why does he have so much power in the government? anyone who knows let me know.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Hotstepper(f): 12:15am On Mar 21, 2006
hmm well as far as i know, Chris Uba is a business man who also deals with OIL among other things I assume, apperently, he bacame a politican per se after he caused trouble in Anambra State as the GODFATHER of Ngige. hmmm hez pulling weight also because his brother is married to Stella Obasanjo's cuzzin. I know his 2 sisters well, tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Larufa(m): 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2006
Chris. Uba, is the untouchable OBJ's son from the woman he met during the Biafra war.
OBJ got to know about him during the run up to 2003 (419) elections.
OBJ has already willed Anambra State to him as his own share of OBJ's properties.
A man without moral consience like is Father - OBJ.
A billionaire without any known business concern.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by uche1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2006
Well i will tell you a little things i knew about him cos we all come from the same end, His name is Christian Uba, His brother is senator ugochukwu Uba maybe the next governor of anambra state, Chris attended Uga boys secondary school he latter dropped out. He is staying at a died soon somewhere at Independence layout Enugu, he is married with 6 daughter and 1 son. we all know him as Eselu of Onwa of Aguata.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by larger20(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2006
Senator ugochukwu to be the next gov Why are we doing this? why cant we let people do their thing and chose the rightful winner? I heard that the current governor, obi refused the list of chris ubas nomminee for sentorship position, I like that, the man has derailed his image and so it be.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by toshmann(m): 1:54am On Mar 23, 2006
chris uba is a tout.
common tout. it is only in nigeria that that kind of person can weild political influence.
angry nonsense angry

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Jakumo(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2006
Chris Uba is a biological brother of late Stella Obasanjo.  Through the late first lady, Chris and his brother Andy Uba were allocated oil blocks through the back door, and by this means both men, the learned doctor and the stark illiterate, became obscenely wealthy overnight without having to lift a finger in any legitimate job.

Andy Uba is a medical doctor formerly practicing in California who quickly relocated back to Nigeria as soon as his sister became Nigeria's first lady.  Up until the death of Stella Obasanjo, Andy Uba, who has never held any official political post, was agruably the second most powerful man in the Nigerian Federal government, for without his approval NO federal contract would be given to ANYONE.  In his capacity as the goalkeeper of the federal treasury, Andy Uba is reputed to have skimmed and stashed away a conservative 80 to 100 million greenback US dollars in foreign accounts and real estate.  Whether or not the president has been aware of these facts shall remain the billion dollar question.

Andy Uba never makes newspaper headlines and concentrates primarily on the task of getting richer with each passing day.  Lacking the benefit of a formal education, measurable intelligence and discretion, Chris Uba decided to use a sizeable chunk of his loot to reshape the Nigerian political landscape to suit his area-boy tastes.  The upheavals in Anambra State are thus all traceable to one man : Chris Uba and his overflowing trunk of cash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by larger20(m): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2006
Jakumo:

Chris Uba is a biological brother of late Stella Obasanjo. Through the late first lady, Chris and his brother Andy Uba were allocated oil blocks through the back door, and by this means both men, the learned doctor and the stark illiterate, became obscenely wealthy overnight without having to lift a finger in any legitimate job.

Andy Uba is a medical doctor formerly practicing in California who quickly relocated back to Nigeria as soon as his sister became Nigeria's first lady. Up until the death of Stella Obasanjo, Andy Uba, who has never held any official political post, was agruably the second most powerful man in the Nigerian Federal government, for without his approval NO federal contract would be given to ANYONE. In his capacity as the goalkeeper of the federal treasury, Andy Uba is reputed to have skimmed and stashed away a conservative 80 to 100 million greenback US dollars in foreign accounts and real estate. Whether or not the president has been aware of these facts shall remain the billion dollar question.

Andy Uba never makes newspaper headlines and concentrates primarily on the task of getting richer with each passing day. Lacking the benefit of a formal education, measurable intelligence and discretion, Chris Uba decided to use a sizeable chunk of his loot to reshape the Nigerian political landscape to suit his area-boy tastes. The upheavals in Anambra State are thus all traceable to one man : Chris Uba and his overflowing trunk of cash.

I am beggining to belive that Economic finacial crime commision is obsanjos dogs! becasue all they do there is to prey on the people against OBJ. Ngige is cleared of crime by EFCC but babangida is not facing any threat after all he did to the country Most of these men escaped unhurt.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by otokx(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2006
this is quite interesting; we are getting there by the day.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Idekeson(m): 7:09pm On Mar 23, 2006
Jakumo:

Chris Uba is a biological brother of late Stella Obasanjo. 

Chris Uba is not Stella Obasanjo's brother. Stella is from Edo state, Chris is from Anambra. The Uba's are connected to Obasanjo through the marriage of Chris' brother to Stella's sister/cousin.
There is a claim that they helped Obasanjo after his travail with Abacha. So he is rewarding them for that. But to allocate the destiny of a state to a "nobody" for that reason beats my imagination.
A few years back Chris was known in Enugu circle as one of the "Arthur boys" ie Chief Arthur Eze, former Triax airlines, who had vowed to go on exile if Abacha doesn't succeed himself. I wonder what happened to him.
Chris Uba is the typical example of everything that is wrong with Nigeria. He moves around with all the paraphernalia of authority, while his only claim to power is been a patron of the PDP.
It's really really sad that people like Chris Uba decides the affairs of my beloved country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by toshmann(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2006
Idekeson:

It's really really sad that people like Chris Uba decides the affairs of my beloved country Nigeria.

our time will come. the day of reckoning. when they will have no place to hide. we shall prevail.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by toshmann(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2006
And he has started disturbing the new Anambra State Governor. angry
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by USLION: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2006
Well, chief uba, examplifies part of the problems with every developing nation. I hold nothing against him for dropping out of high-school, thats his choice. Mr. President simply need some cowboy-foot soldiers, that without any remorse do his biddings any time the service is required. Chief chris uba fits what oga need, he has nothing to lose (for now) & everything to gain, for heeding to his masters voice.

We need leaders that are strong willed, that know that the challenges has exceeded tribal disagreements, and is now a global race. We are still warring over igbo/hausa/yourba/tiv/ijaws/etc, while the rest of the world is moving on regardless. I live in houston,texas, and something happened last week that reminded me of how the rest of the world regards people from my part of the world.

My wife signed up donate blood to one of these programs. The organization came to her work place for the exercise, and part of the questions they asked her was if she has ever had sex with any african, that is from a list of some select african nations which included nigeria. Well she answered in the affirmative, and told them that her husband is a nigerian, (mind you my wife is an american). Well the organization, thanked her for volunteering but said its unfortunate they cannot accept blood donation from citizens of such select nations.

Something to think about friends, and our leaders, without any clue of how to make any difference in the lives of nigerians that want to make a difference, still cling to power at all cost & by any means necessary. The likes of chris uba's, and all these retinue of ex-generals that have held our lovely nation captive for all these years. Its time for something to begin to give. We need people that have a call for leadership, to step up to the play. Not all these wannabees, that further mess up our collective hope and aspiration for a better nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by toshmann(m): 1:45am On Mar 24, 2006
that reminds me, somebody called nigeria a "fishy country" today in my face. surprisingly(yes surprisingly) i was annoyed and wanted to confront the guy, but i thought of the british police and more importantly the fact that if i fight it would confirm the fact that i'm from a fishy country

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by owo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2006
@uslion & toshmann: Its a pity that you and your family had to suffer some embarrasment because you are Nigerians. Take heart.

However, I wonder where all the folks that have been trumpeting the 'good deeds' of Nigeria have gone.

This place is sick and it has refused to be admitted into the hospital's intensive care unit.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by toshmann(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2006
i read in the guardian newspapers(reuben abiati column;24th march) that a minister in uganda was saying that the opposition is not capable of ruling uganda.and he compared their incompetence with the" nigerians who can't count themselves".

whew! even uganda is among those insulting us. see where nigeria has come to.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by otokx(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2006
i don't blame dem ugandans; when our useless leaders go about squandering our money in the name of being our brother's keeper. What do we get in return insults and more insults.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Idekeson(m): 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2006
toshmann:

i read in the guardian newspapers(reuben abiati column;24th march) that a minister in uganda was saying that the opposition is not capable of ruling uganda.and he compared their incompetence with the" nigerians who can't count themselves".

whew! even uganda is among those insulting us. see where nigeria has come to.

No matter how bad it has become, we can't stoop low to respond to the likes of Uganda. I say annex them and make it a training ground for our ECOMOG forces. grin grin grin

Nigeria's problems must be solved from within.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Hotstepper(f): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Jakumo, although someone has corrected you, chris uba is not stella's brother but his brother is married to stella's cuzzin,

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Jakumo(m): 7:24am On Mar 25, 2006
Thanks to Idekeson and Hotstepper for correcting my wrong impression about the relationship between Chris Uba, the uneducated AREA FADA of Anambra State, and late Stella Obasanjo.  I obviously had my ear to the wrong key-hole.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by chiefwall: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2006
he is a man who is working with own concience and mind.so wat ever he does comes from his mind.but i believe a full grown man can be able to know wat is good and bad.
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by larger20(m): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2006
Jakumo:

Thanks to Idekeson and Hotstepper for correcting my wrong impression about the relationship between Chris Uba, the uneducated AREA FADA of Anambra State, and late Stella Obasanjo. I obviously had my ear to the wrong key-hole.
Haha, the uneducated area father !1! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by ubason(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2006
Well as i know chris uba is a stupid man, Is only God that will kill that man 4 us, He need to die, the business is 419, he kill other people's kids, for money, and i'm sure of what i'm saying, chris uba Bleep u,
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by lewa(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
For all you know the guy spent a billion naira ($100million) to make sure PDP retained control of the S/E.
By that he turned himself into somewhat a king maker. He has two older brothers-one is a senior special assistant to OBJ and the other a senator of the Federal Republic.Hes got more than enough to be on Forbes list.gotta go on but wouuld tell you a little i know about his earliest millions$$).Despise him though

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by stanech: 9:46am On Jul 19, 2006
A Thief EFCC need to arrest that guy
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by buchio7(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2006
he is no-body dat became a somebody by licking d boots of old warlords in anambra state like arthur eze.undoubtedly he has done well 4 himself by ass-kissing every thing in aso-rock coupled wit an elder broda whos job description as a presidential adviser is as scanty as water in d sahara desert. he is d making of d political class. d least educated of all his siblings bt is d piggy bank whos whims and caprices run d show in d family.
i dont admire him because history has shown dat ppl of his ilk get blown away sooner dan later.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by DaddyO(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2006
Someone once said that you "a people deserve the leader they get". We are victims of extreme manipulation. Chris Uba or whatever his name is, has flourished because we let him be what he be and act how he likes.

Nothing would be more gratifying than seeing a "green revolution" in Nigeria, where through popular revolt and people power, we can rise up and barnish the the likes of him, Nzeribe, Kalu, Atiku, Atiku, Atiku, , IBB, Obasanjo etc to the gallows for good.

I support the EFCC's effort 110%, selective justice or not. It's a start. If we rid our society of just 20% of these loosers in the short term, someone else will come in the future, apply a different criteria and weed out another 20%. This will continue until new moral and ethical standards are enshrined in our polity. Besides, it's imposible to open that many battles on so many fronts.

My main fear is that it won't happen, because as soon as they expose the Atiku's, Ogbehs and their kind in our midst, they'd quickly cry foul and with most of the press and stolen wealth in their coffers, the general populace will soonest join the bandwagon of outcry. Nigeria will never change unless we as the governed raise our game and see beyond this dirty and blatant manipulation.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Chxta(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2006
Uba? The man who has wrecked Anambra. Anything else to say?
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by jaybaby(f): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2006
wRECKED ANAMBRA U SAY?? OW CAN D FATHER OF ANAMBRA WRECK IT? THE MAN IS D OWNER OF THAT STATE angry angry angry
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by adconline(m): 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2006
Chris Uba is from Uga, Aguata LG Anambra.
He went to Colliery College, Ngwo, later dropped out.  He was running errands for Arthur Eze, former CEO of TRIAX Airlines and Orient Bank  in Enugu. Military administrator of Anambra, Mike Attah awarded a contract to Arthur Ezeh who later abandoned the project and Chris Uba took over and continued to draw money from Anambra State's treasury until Ngige refused.

He has some phony construction companies, like OCC -Oil construction company etc. He is so greedy that he forced his LG Chairman, Goddy Oselle out of office because he refused to share money with him. He was given a contract by  the LG chairman, but he declined because he would  not make much money from contracts.

Some years ago, he was building an office complex in Enugu  for himself and it collapsed and killed a lot of people who had gone into the building to take shelter because of rainfall. His own construction company did  not build the house, he hired professionals.
He has one of the most expensive homes in Nigeria ( GRA Enugu). His brother Andy Uba is a Physiotherapist who helped to rehabilitate OBJ after  his imprisonment. Andy is married to Stella's cousin. Their brother Ugochukwu, is a senator who did not contest an election but won. He built houses for Judges who presided over his case.  Andy Ubah is OBJ’s  Fasawe. He recently pleaded guilty to money laundering in the US.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by jaybaby(f): 1:06am On Nov 09, 2006
o m g cousin's cousin ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d 9ja is in a mess sad sad sad
Re: Who Is Chris Uba? by Jakumo(m): 4:35am On Nov 09, 2006
Adconline, for sure you have the real 411 on Andy and Chris Uba.  Tell us more about those money laundering charges facing our good Dr. Andy Uba in the US.   The rumour mill points him out as one of present-day Nigeria's most prolific treasury looters.   Is there enough evidence to earn him a one-way ticket to serve some hard time in a stateside slammer, or will he walk ?   Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki / FG Imports Russian War Helicopters, Uavs From Dubai / Niger Delta Militants Kill Six Nigerian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.