Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

What Is The Borderline Between Tribalism And Apologist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Borderline Between Tribalism And Apologist? (741 Views)

I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / I May Be Wrong - But Biafra Apologist Predicted These Bombings (photo) / Reuben Abati: From Government Critic To Apologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Borderline Between Tribalism And Apologist? by Reggie2(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
Mutual accusations of tribal and ethnic bigotry are quite common among Nairalanders. My question is, what is the borderline between bigotry and Apologist? Is highlighting of merits, achievements, and values of one's tribe an act of tribalism? In my my opinion, it is when such traits are placed over other people's tribes that tribalism sets in.Taking the defence of undue attacks on one's tribe amounts to being an apologist but returning such attacks will be tribalism.

Your contribution may help me to reconsider my utterances since I would rather be an Apologist.

(1) (Reply)

Aba Youth Association Thanks Governor Orji For A Successful Ojukwu's Rite In Aba / Ngige Remains ACN's Ace In SE / “yar’adua Mistrusted Jonathan, Believed Jonathan Was Waiting For Him To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.