Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Personal Errand Service - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Personal Errand Service (8689 Views)

Want To Run An Errand In Ibadan? / Are You Looking For Somebody To Run An Errand In Abuja? / Personal Concierge/errand Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Errand Service by db10dtruth(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
Any idea if a Personal Errand Service can work in Nigeria,
Re: Personal Errand Service by bolorunfem(f): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
What does personal errand service entail? Sorry, but it sounds NEW to me, though I find it interesting. And am curious, !
Re: Personal Errand Service by db10dtruth(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2012
Personal Errands Service involves handling other peoples to-do-list and you get paid for it such errands as :
• Drop off or pick up dry cleaning
• Take car in mechanical service and maintenance, or for wash
• Take items to post office or courier service for mailing
• Transport pets to and from the vet and groomer
• Take lunches and books to kids at school
• Purchase, wrap, and deliver gifts to friends and family
• Pick up and deliver trays of food for meetings at your office or small parties at your home
• Gift shopping
• Gift wrapping
• Grocery shopping
• Back to school shopping
• Returns and exchanges
• Organizing closets

3 Likes

Re: Personal Errand Service by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
It might work in some parts of Lagos, e.g Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah, etc. of Lagos and maybe highbrow areas of Ph and Abuja. However a lot of trust will be involved in sending a stranger such personal messages considering security, 419, etc.

I strongly doubt the viability on the Lagos mainland and most parts of Nigeria as there are more than enough idle people around to send those errands for a token.

Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Personal Errand Service by knowledge4(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
Its an innovative idea.
It will work very well but you need to serve a niche, a target market
Its not for everyone and not for every area.
You need mode of transportation to run the errands quickly
You need to engage more hands to serve the growing list of clients
Re: Personal Errand Service by Ilekokonit: 1:03am On Mar 07, 2012
It is a good idea but be ready to contend with the big man mentality of those who will be able to afford this service in Nigeria. In Nigeria where might is right most rich people view anyone that is directly or indirectly on their payroll as servants.
Re: Personal Errand Service by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 24, 2012
The truth is that it can work and I have started implimenting it. I currently run errands for two companies in surulere and I am working towards expanding and creating more awearness.
Re: Personal Errand Service by uninewswatch: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
thanks so much for these comments..very informative.. Am really looking forward to setting up my own errand service business. I found another useful info on
http://www.makemoneynigeria.com/errand-service-business-nigeria-guidelines-start/
Re: Personal Errand Service by labamo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
db10dtruth:
Any idea if a Personal Errand Service can work in Nigeria,
I just stumbled across your post and would like to ask if you have already started the business...............................
Re: Personal Errand Service by scampy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Errand services is working in some part of Lagos. The people into it are already making it big time. You have to be very humble in your physical disposition.
Re: Personal Errand Service by 20dollarblogs: 10:59am On May 22, 2019
Delivery Man – On time, Every time - We are now taking orders for tomorrow - Any errand - call us @ 08183773645,08095377771 - http://trusterrandsltd.com

Re: Personal Errand Service by busymomerrands(f): 2:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Personal Errands services is a very good business. You can create a niche for yourself. I run errands for Busymoms, Working Professionals and Elderly.
Grocery Shopping
Personal Shopping
Buying of Food Stuffs
Meal Preparation
Pick up & Delivery of Items
Care/ Errands for Elderly
Event Management & More
The beauty of the job for me is seeing my client satisfied and their daily task completed.
Call/Whatsapp: 08052351233
https://busymomerrands.

Re: Personal Errand Service by mhizdimple: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2021
The truth is that it can work and I have started implimenting it. I currently run errands for two companies in surulere and I am working towards expanding and creating more awearness.

Hi.
I hope you are still on this space and still in business... I'd love to ask; how do you charge and find it profitable? Like do you charge on percentage of total cost of items to be purchased or you charge hourly or weekly?
Pls enlighten mẹ.
Re: Personal Errand Service by Smileychoco: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2021
mhizdimple:

Hi.
I hope you are still on this space and still in business... I'd love to ask; how do you charge and find it profitable? Like do you charge on percentage of total cost of items to be purchased or you charge hourly or weekly?
Pls enlighten mẹ.

I want to know too, have you gotten any information about this

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Small Businesses Fail From Inception? / Get Airtel Free Recharge Card, Mtn, 9mobile And Glo All On Chateko Give Away / Reasons Why 80% Of YouWin Winners May Fail!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.