Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Upper Credit In Yabatech, Distinction In Unilag - Which Is Tougher? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Upper Credit In Yabatech, Distinction In Unilag - Which Is Tougher? (4613 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law / How To Make A First Class Or Distinction In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Upper Credit In Yabatech, Distinction In Unilag - Which Is Tougher? by yemmyma: 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
[b]What schools did you attend before getting into the University?
[/b]I started my Primary school at Laraday Nursery and Primary School, Ikeja but I finished at St Leo’s Catholic Private School, also in Ikeja. Then I went on to Federal Government College, Ibillo in Edo State. Then I went to Yabatech and finished my HND in 2007. After that I did my NYSC before getting admission into Unilag through Direct Entry. I entered at 300 Level.

[b]Why did you go to the Polytechnic first if you had your eyes set on a University degree?
[/b]I wrote JAMB three times and every time I saw that I was getting to the cut-off mark of the previous year, they would increase it. Unilag was just the only University I wanted to go to. Maybe if I had tried Uniben with my results, being from Edo state, I probably would have gained admission, but I just wanted it to be Unilag. So I decided to go to Yabatech and do my National Diploma (ND). Unfortunately, the year before I wanted to switch to Unilag with my ND results, they changed the requirement from Upper Credit to Distinction and I had an Upper Credit at ND. I tried Direct Entry with my Upper Credit, it didn’t work, so I had to go back for my HND again. By the time I was done with my HND, I had an Upper Credit and that was what Unilag required for Direct Entry at that level so I was able to get in.

Why did he not achieve Distinction in Yabatech? Or is Unilag actually easier to get good grades?

1 Like

Re: Upper Credit In Yabatech, Distinction In Unilag - Which Is Tougher? by CharliParker: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
UNILAG

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Why Have You Done This?! Why???? / Approved Cyber Cafes By Jamb For Exam Registration / Marine Sch. Admission 2012/2013. INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MERCHANT SEAMAN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.