Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (19270 Views)

Celebrated Artist Gets Buried In A One -of- A -kind Casket In Akwa Ibom / Genevieve Nnaji At The Press Conference Of Her Movie "Road To Yesterday" / The Press Killed My Relationship - Rita Dominic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by pendo89(f): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
A photo purportedly showing Whitney Houston in an open coffin has been published on the cover of this week’s National Enquirer.

The casket photo shows Whitney lying dead in her golden casket, wearing a purple dress and a diamond broach and earrings. Also, she’s reportedly was  wearing jewels worth $500,000 and had gold slippers on her feet,

The picture is believed to have been taken inside the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, where her family attended a private wake last Friday. The magazine claims the photo was taken at the private viewing.

[img]http://gossipdavid.files./2012/02/whitney-houston-casket-funeral1-e1329929108235.jpg?w=590&h=724[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by ladyshabazz19: 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
Whitney looks lovely, as if she is sleeping, I hope she finds peace, that she was unable to find here. Her talent will be remembered, hopefully above all the negative, she was indeed 'the voice' . May she rest in peace.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hmmmm, my heart ticks, and its still beating fast at the sight of that photo, reminds me of last month, gosh, God abeg o, never let this to come near my family again till we must have gotten gray hairs and playing with our grand childs, AMEN!,

1 Like

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
ladyshabazz19:

Whitney looks lovely, as if she is sleeping, I hope she finds peace, that she was unable to find here. Her talent will be remembered, hopefully above all the negative, she was indeed 'the voice' . May she rest in peace.

Amen Sister kiss
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by lilkech(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
They better bury that coffin in a secluded place or ' TOMB RAIDERS ' will attack and rob even the dead withney houston

1 Like

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by JBL316: 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
VANITY!
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by lifestyle1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
Buried in jewelry worth $500,000 - And they said she died broke  undecided
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by 2Mekus: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2012
pendo89:

A photo purportedly showing Whitney Houston in an open coffin has been published on the cover of this week’s National Enquirer.

The casket photo shows Whitney lying dead in her golden casket, wearing a purple dress and a diamond broach and earrings. Also, she’s reportedly was  wearing jewels worth $500,000 and had gold slippers on her feet,

The picture is believed to have been taken inside the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, where her family attended a private wake last Friday. The magazine claims the photo was taken at the private viewing.

[img]http://gossipdavid.files./2012/02/whitney-houston-casket-funeral1-e1329929108235.jpg?w=590&h=724[/img]

Wao! Even in death, she is still a beauty. RIP golden voice.

1 Like

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by xreal: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
ladyshabazz19:

Whitney looks lovely, as if she is sleeping, I hope she finds peace, that she was unable to find here. Her talent will be remembered, hopefully above all the negative, she was indeed  'the voice' .  May she rest in peace.

AMEN ooo.
Still beautifull.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by donobi(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
With all this jewelries she put on ill she wear it to heaven no. Was of funds.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by arrived(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
I feel like crying, but i wont cry. Bye whitney, i love you!
Besides, if they try that in nig, am 100% sure that armed-robber would visit her grave.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by freecocoa(f): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hmm that much money being buried with her,na wa o,may her soul RIP.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
Vanity upon vanity. Imagine what $500,000 can do in feeding the poor!
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by ticom(m): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
can sum1 wakes her up?
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by emmddy: 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
of what benefit will the jewelry and gold will be for her when she is inside her grave? can that buy heaven for her? they are all vanity upon vanity
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
"Buried in jewelry worth $500,000"   and children starve to death in many third-world countries
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2012
991:

"Buried in jewelry worth $500,000"   and children starve to death in many third-world countries

Bro stop this crap, though I don't support it but what the heck is the government of those countries doing? Check the gross wealth of all public officers and you'll be shocked to the extent they've ruined the well being of the masses!

2 Likes

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by MeGaStReEt: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
waste of money. that money should be given to orphanage home
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Ranks007

so then, why do people talk ill of Gadafi?
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by gseintegrity(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
WHAT IS MAN? HE IS LIKE A VAPOUR! THINK ABOUT THIS.  ALL THE GLORY SHE ACQUIRED DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE NOW.
donobi:

With all this jewelries she put on ill she wear it to heaven no. Was of funds.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
991:

@Ranks007

so then, why do people talk ill of Gadafi?

This is how I do my comparison;

Compare Gaddafi to African leaders he is waaaay more better grin

The human mind is greedy for power and money.

Gaddafi let go money and withheld the power,unlike his counterparts abeg is there much harm in that?

Now to your question why people spoke ill of Gaddafi was because of what they allowed their ears hear from western media houses, in which was propelled by their government only because he stood his ground

1. that the wealth of Africa must not be plundered by loans and arranged wars!

2. Fought western imperialism by stopping this vain westerners from touching his oil, he rather choose to control his oil.

3. He really wanted the African Unity.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by angelz(f): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
'The voice" indeed.
l'l really miss her.
l can assure u dat some1 will be keepin watch ova d grave.
1's the world av stop talkin about d burial or d grave.
they'l raid the diamonds.
its not only in African or Naija dey raid grave.
we av whites wu r hungry as well.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by DrKnow1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
@poster
So What" It's not your money
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by arrived(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
@ticom, wetin do your hand? U no fit wake am up?
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Ranks007

understood, cheers.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by pendo89(f): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
She made millions she worked hard for.She can be buried in whatever amount cz its all her sweat. I really don't mind because what she's left behind is much more than what went 6 feet under. Its just priceless and valueless.

1 Like

Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by davidzfarm(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
You preached love and you assuredly deserved love. quite amazing that most of the posters said glowing things about you even in death, dear, sing with the angels
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by abakeogun: 1:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Even in your grave, I still do love you. May you find eternal peace.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by logica(m): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2012
How is it in poor taste? Open Casket burials are usual when there is no physical damage to the dead. You only have Closed Casket burials in situations like ghastly accidents or other violent deaths (as you'd have heard in mob hits). Pictures can always be taken in public places.
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
pendo89:

The casket photo shows Whitney lying dead in her golden casket, wearing a purple dress and a diamond broach and earrings. Also, she’s reportedly was wearing jewels worth $500,000 and had gold slippers on her feet,

This story is from National enquirer. Take with a dangote bag of salt
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by kizito96(m): 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
It would have been better if the gold was sold and given to the poor in her name
Re: Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? by biodell: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2012
Even in death u look so lovely, U will always be remember for d impact ur unique voice had in d world of Love, i Love u Whitney. RIP sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chika Ike Shares Christmas Pictures / My Husband Has Helped Me In My Prayer Life- Billionaire's Wife, Dabota Lawson. / Uche Jombo Will Castrate Her Husband If He Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.