Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) (10978 Views)

Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Dead 2013” : Nobel Peace Prize 1993 Killed By Internet Death Hoax (2) (3) (4)

Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Antiscam1: 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
Can any one confirm d death of great Nelson Mandela?
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2012
Abi na you kill am? tongue
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by laCapri: 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Anti-scam:

Can any one confirm d death of great Nelson Mandela?

Why don't u confirm it urself. eediot
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Observer1: 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
not sure!
but possible though. shocked shocked
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by mukina2: 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
you better stop this kinda wild play angry

He is NOT DEAD.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ very very stupid to have started such  thread. You know very well to confirm with google but Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ chose to cause a stir here instead. Phocking attention seeker!
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by victorazy(m): 12:14am On Feb 23, 2012
Nelson Mandela is the victim of a death hoax.

The rumor is spreading on Twitter and other social media.

It’s 100% false.

Mandela is alive and well.

This same nasty rumor about Mandela first circulated almost exactly one year ago.

These hoaxes are always stupid and unfunny, even when they happen to young and healthy Hollywood stars in outlandish “accidents.”

Starting a rumor about a man in his 90s dying, which only serves to give pain to his associates and family, is downright cruel.

Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!

Clay B.

I saw a friend post that Mr. Mandela had died, and my heart sank and I almost began to cry – I am glad that this is just a hoax, but come on people! It’s sickening to joke/spread rumors that an international icon has died when its just not true! God bless Nelson Mandela, all of South Africa, and the entire world.

Cookedtunes

I was watching Centric channel when the report of his death made me sad!!!!! I hope this is not real The channel should not report things that are fake!!!!!!!

http://twitter.com/SuB_la S B

Madiba is alive and kicking people. He went to Bloemfontein for the ANC congress last week. He might be old, but still healthy. His family takes good care of him. We did not have rumours like this in SA though. Only the previous time when he was in hospital. Thank You GC.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jaco-Buitendag/100000643714314 Jaco Buitendag

You all live in lala land when last did you see him in public let alone any other places, get real he is long dead and if you dont agree show me the pict ?

Koko198064

What the problem with u people

Noitsitso

i was so sad!!

Hildambwia

that is bullshit.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by OAM4J: 12:17am On Feb 23, 2012
Mandela is still alive, just got an email from a close source that reads:

Subject:OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED : NELSON MANDELA IS NOT DEAD

It's official.  Just off the phone with the South African Consulate here in New York City. Nelson Mandela, I can authoritatively confirm, is not dead , the Consulate say they have been inundated with calls in the last few hours or so and would like the world to know it's an unexplained rumor that they are trying to stop it. Nelson Mandela is alive and possibly well,

Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 23, 2012
if d guy delete or en nor delete garri nor go still pass water, afta all he has lived life abi I LIE?
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by freecocoa(f): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2012
Well thank God he's alive but that man don take style old sha,atleast he's a testimony that not all good people die untimely,wish him all the best and a healthy life of what God has planned for him.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by valencia25(m): 12:58am On Feb 23, 2012
Abegi, He lives, he die, he no add anything for my body jor, d guy no too young to die jare, abi he dey even use So agba di ewe ni?
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by kizito96(m): 1:15am On Feb 23, 2012
It has become amusing that people go around paddling rumour of people's death. Too bad
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Beaf: 1:24am On Feb 23, 2012
This is the Twitter generation that takes tweeted gossip as fact. Its an intellectually lazy age. Imagine expressing random stup!dity and asking such a foolish question on NL instead of checking legit news sources first? angry

I no blame di OP, na Twitter I blame.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by manmustwac(m): 1:41am On Feb 23, 2012
Just heard on Facebook that mandela was dead so I said let me check nairaland and it has been confirmed as a rumour. Thanks to nairaland. smiley
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by rosefleurs: 1:43am On Feb 23, 2012
Beaf:

I don't like you.  angry

Long live, Mandela! We love you. smiley
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by manmustwac(m): 1:44am On Feb 23, 2012
mukina2:

you better stop this kinda wild play  angry

He is NOT DEAD.

its a rumour and there's another rumour that says the arsenal think thier going to beast spurs at the emirates on sunday grin grin grin
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by igbaodun: 1:50am On Feb 23, 2012
Mandela is now dead. He died of heartache secondary to the unrelenting death rumour that has now gone viral around the world.

May his rebellious soul rest in peace.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by cfours: 1:54am On Feb 23, 2012
^ what is wrong with all these ill-wishers?
if you wish him death that much, why not fly to SA and go kill him yourself?
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 23, 2012
nigerians have become so jobless that all you all do now is spread rumours of peopls death left and right
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 23, 2012
igbaodun:

Mandela is now dead. He died of heartache secondary to the unrelenting death rumour that has now gone viral around the world.

May his rebellious soul rest in peace.
his rebelious soul is why SA is a better country than Nigeria
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by cfours: 2:25am On Feb 23, 2012
he was being sarcastic. but I get your point. it really is annoying grin
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Beaf: 2:39am On Feb 23, 2012
rosefleurs:

I don't like you.  angry

No vex wit me as we nefa meet before.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Antiscam1: 2:46am On Feb 23, 2012
Beaf:

This is the Twitter generation that takes tweeted gossip as fact. Its an intellectually lazy age. Imagine expressing random stup!dity and asking such a foolish question on NL instead of checking legit news sources first? angry

I no blame di OP, na Twitter I blame.

don't b ridiculous!, Which other legitimate news source is better than Nairaland in terms of fast answers to emergency/rumours/curiosity in d whole world?
Nairaland is African based with a high population of South African and probably mandela's nurses & doctors/ families etc, Afterall both facebook & twitter
with their trillions of traffic has not been able to give me confirmation except d GREAT NAIRALAND!
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by richkids1(m): 3:33am On Feb 23, 2012
He's not dead oooo, His profile here still dey active and if he is dead, you will see that the page will change to this page is about someone who is dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by cashoffica: 6:20am On Feb 23, 2012
thank God he is not dead oh. we cant afford to loose anoda hero,
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by Kaybaba5(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2012
Hmn
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by itiswell1(m): 6:31am On Feb 23, 2012
How will he die when Ramsey never score for Arsenal?

This shd be like the fifth time I will be hearing this.

Abeg free this man o
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by GboyegaD(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2012
People are just so silly some times particularly BB users. I cannot count the number of Broadcast I have received on this and when you advise people to confirm before they send out BCs they feel you are just hating. The guy still get many years ahead of am.
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by halavoke: 7:37am On Feb 23, 2012
Bad belle,olofofo,ndi asiri,liars. Pls spare d man,wonda ow u wud feel if 1m pple rumour ur death evry month!
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by KINGwax(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2012
milehigh06:

his rebelious soul is why SA is a better country than Nigeria
you might want to shut your fck up there! Is it news that 90% of d developments in SA is by whites? Or 75% of their economy is controlled by them. Were u dead in 2008 when SA started chasing out other blacks claiming they're d cause of their suffering? U think he d whites has left SA underdeveloped and not-ready like nigeria they will still have d same story? Look how long it took ghana. And don't compare ghana with nigeria too cos i have some states who are jst as big as ghana that are living it up. Lagos, rivers, kano and currently imo.
Mandela is a human, a legend and icon but not a god. So eventually, which i knw soon, he will die. It's allowed if u take his place or follow him die!
Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by newslive(f): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2012
Rumor!

Re: Nelson Mandela:rest In Peace!: An Uncommon Hero! (Rumour, Hoax) by jspac(m): 9:00am On Feb 23, 2012
*Singing* Many Men,

Ethiopia Says Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Has Links To Rebellious Tigrayan Forces / Burkina Faso Requests French Ambassador's Withdrawal / Latvia Minister Of Foreign Affairs Calls For Sanction Against Russia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50