Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,658 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? (12029 Views)

List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by mezie4u(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
I took and passed both the first and second stage of aptitude test of an auditing firm in Lagos. It's been roughly 2 months now and i'm yet to hear from them. How long i'm i supposed to wait for their call before i give up and lose hope of them calling? please i need help from those of us working
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by efeglo(f): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2012
Dear you v to continue praying and believing u will be called. I have similar experience, mine is a month now, so i am believing God, i will share d testimony, is the job is actually mine, no one will take it from me.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by tanimola22: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
[b]@poster[/b]The truth of the matter is that 200 other people also took and passed the same tests, probably with much higher scores. Just as the previous poster said, you need to keep hoping and praying. Passing employment tests guarantees nada. It does not even guarantee an interview, only God does. Ask those with experience in job hunting. You will hear the same thing.

Meanwhile, just keep your fingers crossed and hope to be called soon.

Good luck.

T22, your brother in the job search grin
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by mkmyers45(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
Shouldn't take so long but just keep praying and keep looking,

Wish you the best
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Goodcare(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
for me it's was up to 10 month before i receive a call even i 've already forgotten the name of the organisation, but i thank God,

just cool down and pray + listen to good and sensitive music all this works for me
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Businesstools(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
It varies.Some days,others take weeks,months or even a year.Be patient and commit it to God in prayer.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
If it is KPMG, be prepared to wait for a very long time. Those people are like snails when it gets to hiring. They prefer to snatch already trained staff from other aucit firms.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by calebharris: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
I believe it takes only a week if they are interested with you
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by tanimola22: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
blank:

If it is KPMG, be prepared to wait for a very long time. Those people are like snails when it gets to hiring. They prefer to snatch already trained staff from other aucit firms.

You did not end the statement now

-------and pay you [i]crappil[/i]y grin
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by yemmight(m): 2:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
It varies, interviewers will always tell you “we will get back to you” which is the standard, some may call as promised. You might not be their best candidate or the recruitment is not immediate.  But reality is that over 90% “we will get back to you” might not just happen.

Anyway, all the best.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
Let me modify: Give crappy pay and work u twice as hard.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
It can be as short as 2 days, like my current job which test and interview and every other thing took less than 4 days.
It can also be as long as 6 months.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by mezie4u(m): 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
@all thanks so far, not that i've given up on the job hunt. I'm still submittin my cv daily online as we talk. I really like this particular company that i'm waiting for. It's an auditin firm just lik kpmg and it's founded by Nigeria's first chartered accountant.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by aieromon(m): 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
If its Deloitte,then expect a minimum of 5 months from test to call up.
Goodluck
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by aieromon(m): 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
KPMG remembered my pending application after 15 months.The fools had the nerve to ask me why I had not come in for interview all the while.How can I come in for a chat without invitation?
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by kokoye(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2012
I have a friend that was given an offer with GTB almost 7 months after her interview. This was in 2003.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by tanimola22: 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
Jarus:

It can be as short as 2 days, like my current job which test and interview and every other thing took less than 4 days.
It can also be as long as 6 months.

Jarus, I think that was then, many years ago, when you got in. I heard that it now takes several months before oando calls for interviews.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by fortunejum: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
I wander_oo. Personally i went for interview in Nov. Iast year at fhi360 and uptil now i have not heard from them. I dont know why it should take them a long time to release the result.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by mezie4u(m): 5:13pm On Feb 24, 2012
@aieromon yes it is, ps tell me more about there recruitment. We were like 60 all 2.1's or upper credit invited for the first test on 30st nov 2011 after which only 12 made it to the second stage which is an essay writing test one week after. Since then we are yet to hear from them. I exchanged contacts with like 4 of the finalist so we are always in touch. None of the 4 includin me have been called for interview yet
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by nous(f): 6:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
if it deloitte be ready to wait for long. Those people can give somebody high blood. It took me long to get to the recruitment stage i am now. I am even better, someone started the journey last march another last august and they just got called for the second interview. Some are lucky though, i know someone that started Jan this year and anoda this month and we are all at the same stage. I think it is prayer and their need that determines the pace of the recruitment. I pray I get the job. Amen.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Plutarch: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
I am sure u r talking about Deloitte here. You should just be hopeful n prayerful but i think it take d firm just 2 to 4 wks to call pple for the 3rd stage wh is d interview with the managers. Do they inform pple immediately afta d 2nd test these days?
Goodluck.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by tanimola22: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
@moderators

I tried modifying a post, but I got the message 'This topic is locked, you are not allowed to post or modify messages, '.

What is happening?
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
@Topic, Whenever we're darn ready! angry angry
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by 234GT(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
In 2010, I wrote a dragnet test for globacom. I was called for interview after five months. I had already forgotten the job when I got the invite for interview. After the interview, I did not hear from them again. I waited for a year, after which I forgot the job. My heart would always skip whenever I got a text message then.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by solomon111(m): 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
@Tanimola 22
I saw your post on a thread,where you said you were going to attend some total oil coy seminars,with the hope of landing a job with them.
Have you gotten the job?
Would love to know how it went.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by tanimola22: 8:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
solomon111:

@Tanimola 22
I saw your post on a thread,where you said you were going to attend some total oil coy seminars,with the hope of landing a job with them.
Have you gotten the job?
Would love to know how it went.

Hi, this is a very good question. I have managed to attract one or two people with regard to the oyel total thingy, and I have had an interview with a top shot whose base is in Paris. I am yet to hear anything new. I can imagine that there are hundreds of others looking to attract top management at Total US, UK, Nigerian at all. The world is competitive, so I am wise to diversify and hedge my portfolio of applications. But I reckon that attracting some top people at top organizations is not a small thing. I thank God for the breakthrough though.

T22.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by solomon111(m): 2:15am On Feb 25, 2012
@Tanimola 22
gud luck.
I hope you remember your peeps at nairaland,when you clinch the job,and the oyel money starts pouring in.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by 1forall: 5:38am On Feb 25, 2012
tanimola22:

@moderators

I tried modifying a post, but I got the message 'This topic is locked, you are not allowed to post or modify messages, '.

What is happening?

I'm afraid posts on the Jobs/Vacancies board are not editable.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by blank(f): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2012
For Deloitte, from when I wrote the test till when I was given employment letter was a period of 2 weeks. If you are an experienced professional, they do not take time at all but if you are a fresh graduate, it is as space opens up or the need arises.
However, their pay is really poor when compared with banks but I think better than the other big 3 audit firms. For work environment, come 2 PWC, you will never regret it.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by member10: 4:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
[size=22pt]
tanimola22:

Hi, this is a very good question. I have managed to attract one or two people with regard to the oyel total thingy, and I have had an interview with a top shot whose base is in Paris. I am yet to hear anything new. I can imagine that there are hundreds of others looking to attract top management at Total US, UK, Nigerian at all. The world is competitive, so I am wise to diversify and hedge my portfolio of applications. But I reckon that attracting some top people at top organizations is not a small thing. I thank God for the breakthrough though.

T22.

btother how do you mean "diversify and hedge your portfolio" [/size]
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by straighthome: 4:52pm On Feb 29, 2012
you will have to wait until the firm is ready to move to the next and may wait forever if you were not even shortlisted. i am involved steadilly in testing, selection and hiring process on a daily basis. applicants can be frustrating as they will send attachments when they are not supposed to, send in an unrecommended software and some will even apply when they do not meet the criteria that have been set. 50% of the time is wated sifting through unwanted material which cost time and money. so dear. wait.
Re: How Long Does It Take Companies To Call For Interview? by saheedowolabi01: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2012
Pls house,can anybody help with wat i should expect in deloitte further test! Got one coming up tomoro!pls ooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Appy For Lorache Group Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd. / Massive Recruitment At Rivers State University Of Science And Technology (51 Pos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.