Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,805 members, 7,802,573 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! (4168 Views)

7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by BlackPikiN(m): 4:12am On Feb 23, 2012
However, The traditional ruler of Nri Ancient Kigdom in Anaocha Local Council of Anambra State, His Royal Majesty, Nri Enweallana 11, Eze Obidiegwu Onyenso, said he crowned Uwazuruike as Eze Igbo because he was the best man for the job.

According to him, politicians at all levels of governance were not capable of leading Ndi Igbo, especially in succeeding Odimegwu Ojukwu as the leader and Eze Igbo Gburugburu of Igbo land because they had failed in the past in fighting the cause of Igbo people.

Eze Onyeso, who claimed to be closer to the gods of Ndi Igbo, hinged his choice of Uwazuruike as the next leader of Igbo land on the MASSOB leader’s outstanding qualities and humility, especially in fighting for the cause of Igbo people.

The Monarch pointed out that looking for Ojukwu’s successor as Igbo leader did not call for an election, but divine selection, which according to him had been done with his choice of Uwazuruike. He disclosed that then Eze Nri in 1967 traveled to Enugu to give Ojukwu the title to become the leader of Igbo people before he became the leader.

Onyeso added that Uwazuruike served Odumegwu Ojukwu for over 20 years, had studied the footsteps of the Ikemba Nnewi while he lived, had been championing the cause of Ndi Igbo and working to sustain the pride of Ojukwu.

Having been imprisoned for up to 16 times without being found guilty for the sake of Ndigbo as well as controlling over 12 million youths, Uwazuruike, he argued, stood tall among others in the race for Ojukwu’s successor, noting that those who were unable to lead their families were among those who want to lead Ndigbo.

Read more here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/discordant-tunes-trail-uwazuruikes-succession-of-ojukwu/
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Obiagu1(m): 4:19am On Feb 23, 2012
He is a good choice. I wish him God's guidance.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Jisunpack: 4:20am On Feb 23, 2012
Washing the dirty lining in public? Confusionist!
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by HighChief4(m): 4:26am On Feb 23, 2012
Yeah Uwazuruike is a very good choice!!!

Please you guys should just ignore the unhappy slowpoke above me
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ChinenyeN(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2012
Seriously. . . ?
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 23, 2012
why are you guys making a mockery out of yourselves? how did ojukwu lead the igbo people since the end of the civil war? how has he been your leader before he died? and how is this dumdum gonna lead you people? to war again abi? abeg come back to realism and stop living in wonderland.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by LogicMind: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2012
diluminati:

why are you guys making a mockery out of yourselves? how did ojukwu lead the igbo people since the end of the civil war? how has he been your leader before he died? and how is this dumdum gonna lead you people? to war again abi? abeg come back to realism and stop living in wonderland.

stop trying to understand us. you can't.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Feb 23, 2012
Jesus of AROCHUKWU!! . . . .  shocked

The mans corpse is yet to be buried and titles are already flying left and right. . . .  cry

Ifele o!! Ifele o!! Ifele na me'm.

This is shameful o!! This is not our tradition o!! This is nothing but politics. . .

So Uwazuruike has no problems with him being crowned "EZE NDI IGBO" but found it wise to go to the press to fight the crowning of Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Junior as "Ikemba". . . .

Ndi igbo!! Ifele me kwa unu obele. . .  Haba!! Let his corpse enter the ground first na! Biko this is getting ridiculously embarassing. . .

Very disgraceful. . .  

I hope you all are proud of this.  . . .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Feb 23, 2012
As an Nri man,

Let me inform all those who care to listen, that the good people of Nri do not support this coronation at all . . . .

I have spoken to my kinsmen and everyone is outraged at this.

The Eze Nri since his coronation has been a constant source of embarassment to our people. . . We shall make a formal speech on this issue at a later date, but first and foremest, we shall wait for the burial of the only officiaally recognized and accepted Eze Ndi Igbo which is the Late Ojukwu Chukwuemeka Odimegwu. .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^
lol @ Nri man

Okija_juju = Okada_man = Kilode
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^

Taa!! Mechie onu dere. . . Atulu. . angry
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by austinsmat(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2012
he is only man that can step on ojukwu shoe let support him
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ocelot2006(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2012
No wonder he kicked against the coronation of Ojukwu's son.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Ournaija: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2012
I wonder why Igbo and Ojukwu news sell like pure water.  grin

It`s already on front page. Soon this will get to like 10-12 pages.

I wonder which job he will be doing. People are here killing themselves and throwing insults. Sometimes, it is more dignifying to keep mute on some issues. We have are more important issues to worry about than Uwazuruike`s chieftancy title.

BlackPikiN:

However, The traditional ruler of Nri Ancient Kigdom in Anaocha Local Council of Anambra State, His Royal Majesty, Nri Enweallana 11, Eze Obidiegwu Onyenso, said he crowned Uwazuruike as Eze Igbo because he was the best man for the job.

According to him, politicians at all levels of governance were not capable of leading Ndi Igbo, especially in succeeding Odimegwu Ojukwu as the leader and Eze Igbo Gburugburu of Igbo land because they had failed in the past in fighting the cause of Igbo people.

Eze Onyeso, who claimed to be closer to the gods of Ndi Igbo, hinged his choice of Uwazuruike as the next leader of Igbo land on the MASSOB leader’s outstanding qualities and humility, especially in fighting for the cause of Igbo people.

The Monarch pointed out that looking for Ojukwu’s successor as Igbo leader did not call for an election, but divine selection, which according to him had been done with his choice of Uwazuruike. He disclosed that then  Eze Nri in 1967 traveled to Enugu to give Ojukwu the title to become the leader of Igbo people before he became the leader.

Onyeso added that Uwazuruike served Odumegwu Ojukwu for over 20 years, had studied the footsteps of the Ikemba Nnewi while he lived, had been championing the cause of Ndi Igbo and working to sustain the pride of Ojukwu.

Having been imprisoned for up to 16 times without being found guilty for the sake of Ndigbo as well as controlling over 12 million youths, Uwazuruike, he argued, stood tall among others in the race for Ojukwu’s successor, noting that those who were unable to lead their families were among those who want to lead Ndigbo.

Read more here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/discordant-tunes-trail-uwazuruikes-succession-of-ojukwu/

Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by jmoore(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2012
Uwazurike is fighting for a dream that we never come true, is he fighting for Biafra or for Ndi Igbo? Because there is difference between MASSOB and Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo.

In this age, titles don't make me to give honour to a person.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by romeo(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2012
As an Igbo man from Enugu, Both Uwazurike and that Eze something are not representing me at all.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by bestman09(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
eze ndi igbo indeed! rubiiiiiiiiiiish
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

^^^

Taa!! Mechie onu dere. . . Atulu. . angry

meghe onu dia. . . nnukwu Atulu
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
ACM10:

meghe onu dia. . . nnukwu Atulu

enwero'm ike gi kita. . . gba ru che'rem. .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by kizito96(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
Does it has a criteria? or you must be a rebel to be awarded the crown?
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
kizito96:

Does it has a criteria? or you must be a rebel to be awarded the crown?

YES o!!

This is the selection process by which the current Eze Ndi Igbo (UWAZURUIKE) was selected (according to the standard of the present Eze Nri)

- A Village meeting is held to discuss the selection of the new Eze Ndi Igbo.

- Uwazuruike calls the Eze Nri aside and whispers into his ears about a secret meeting to discuss important business. - Nna men, Biko I for like see you in private, ka anyi kpa business.

- They meet in private and discuss the price to be paid into his (Eze Nri's) account by Uwazuruike. 

- THEY reach an agreement on the price to be paid. [img]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/handshake-147.GIF[/img]

- Eze Nri  calls his banker (Chukwudi at Nri community bank) to check if his account balance has reflected the money. - Nna chukwudi, Kedu?! Ego nwa obata go?!

- Eze Nri goes into his inner chambers and smokes some weed. and thinks to himself for a bit

- Eze Nri comes out and announces that the gods have chosen the new Eze Ndi Igbo.

- Uwazuruike is crowned Eze Ndi Igbo.

- High Chief and co. come around to kiss his arse and inhale his fart like the psychophants that they are.

- Uwazuruike buys them cheap liquor and they get drunk and start signing the Biafran National anthem and acting a fool.

The END!!

Another quality movie from Okija_JujuTM Ventures Nigerian Limited Enterprises Group of Companies.
51/52 Iweka Road Onitsha.
3 Pound Rd. Aba
Shop 2, Alaba International Market, Alaba, Lagos
12, Idumota lane, Lagos.

Call us on, 0803-EZE-NDI-IBO

MOTTO; The gods are not to blame, cos the gods are wise.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by HighChief4(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^Keep trolling, as long as you stop telling people you are Igbo, if you so much want to be Igbo you could be adopted and we will accept you as one of us. I shudder the way Nigerian youths are going and the kind of hatred fed to them by their parents, anyways its a result of kids raising kids.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

enwero'm ike gi kita. . . gba ru che'rem. . 

Why must you speak Igbo whenever u wants to prove that u belongs to us?

No need to labour hard to prove your igboness.

We know u and u are an Yoruba guy.

You can't deceive my by typing in Igbo(even Alj_harem does that).

Quit acting like a scammer by typing in Igbo

Nkpi. . .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2012
ACM10:

Why must you speak Igbo whenever u wants to prove that u belongs to us?

No need to labour hard to prove your igboness.

We know u and u are an Yoruba guy.

You can't deceive my by typing in Igbo(even Alj_harem does that).

Quit acting like a scammer by typing in Igbo

Nkpi. . .

le kwa obele ochicha na pko odogwu di ka'm mpki. Ataro'm ghi uta.

You vultures are nothing but cowards. As much as I hate Ojukwu for fighting and running away, atleast history would always have it on record that he fought. You bitc'hes are cry babies. Internet warriors. why not grow some cojones and start something.

Nna zuzuru si eba puo. When you become a man and start acting rather than typing, I will start according you some respect. Until then, sayonara.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

le kwa obele ochicha na pko odogwu di ka'm mpki. Ataro'm ghi uta.

You vultures are nothing but cowards. As much as I hate Ojukwu for fighting and running away, atleast history would always have it on record that he fought. You bitc'hes are cry babies. Internet warriors. why not grow some cojones and start something.

Nna zuzuru si eba puo. When you become a man and start acting rather than typing, I will start according you some respect. Until then, sayonara.

Who's an internet warrior?

A dejected poster that has close to 5000 indignant posts or the or the cheery one that has less 300?

My life doesn't revolve around here. I posts during my leisure hour, while you've been a resident troll here for many years.

Who cares what a scumbag like u thinks?

Smash your head against a spiky wall with your distaste for Igbos

Nkpi. . .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 10:50am On Feb 24, 2012
ACM10:

Who's an internet warrior?

A dejected poster that has close to 5000 indignant posts or the or the cheery one that has less 300?

My life doesn't revolve around here. I posts during my leisure hour, while you've been a resident troll here for many years.

Who cares what a scumbag like u thinks?

Smash your head against a spiky wall with your distaste for Igbos

Nkpi. . .

Once again. . .

You are an Internet warrior. . You come online to spit fire and brimstone on all those who oppose your bigoted views on a war that you lost over 30years ago. You cry marginalization, you make INTERNET threats of secession to the government, you threaten to take up arms against the Northerners, you revist the Aburi conference and try to shove it down our throats, you paint the Ogbunigwe as a guided surface to air missile, you paint Biafra as the lost Garden of Eden, you curse and spit at Nigeria and call her all sorts of names, YET. . . . . . You bare a Nigerian Passport, You pledge to the Nigerian Pledge, Your Village pays taxes to the Nigerian government, You have all that hate, spew all that fire and yet you cant do nothing. INTERNET WARRIOR. . .

Common Niger Delta fishermen were able to do more than talk. They took up arms and today, their matter has even been discussed on CNN. You have cried, protested, been jailed, been beaten, been even shot at and yet. . . Nothing.

Once more sir. . . Either take up arms and start something, OR SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP AND GET A LIFE. We are tired of all this Biafran nonsense. Buncha lily livered bitc'hes. . come online everyday and cry. . . NOBODY is listening to you. No one has, since 1970.

MOVE ON!! angry

Azu fridge. angry
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Once again. . .

You are an Internet warrior. .  You come online to spit fire and brimstone on all those who oppose your bigoted views on a war that you lost over 30years ago. You cry marginalization, you make INTERNET threats of secession to the government, you threaten to take up arms against the Northerners, you revist the Aburi conference and try to shove it down our throats, you paint the Ogbunigwe as a guided surface to air missile, you paint Biafra as the lost Garden of Eden, you curse and spit at Nigeria and call her all sorts of names, YET. . . . . . You bare a Nigerian Passport, You pledge to the Nigerian Pledge, Your Village pays taxes to the Nigerian government, You have all that hate, spew all that fire and yet you cant do nothing. INTERNET WARRIOR. . .

Common Niger Delta fishermen were able to do more than talk. They took up arms and today, their matter has even been discussed on CNN. You have cried, protested, been jailed, been beaten, been even shot at and yet. . . Nothing.

Once more sir. . . Either take up arms and start something, OR SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP AND GET A LIFE. We are tired of all this Biafran nonsense. Buncha lily livered bitc'hes. .  come online everyday and cry. . . NOBODY is listening to you. No one has, since 1970.

MOVE ON!!  angry

Azu fridge.  angry

It seems like I'm debating with a Nigeria's intelligence asset.

The damn fabrication called Nigeria, which u are defending is disintegrating in your very presence.

Don't get hard-on over it. Pls remember to take your anti-hypertensive drugs or risk a burst artery in your asinine brain.

It's unfortunate that I don't share the same loyalty and patriotism as u do to this false contraption.

Your moronic brain convinced you that you can coax the entire Igbo tribe to join you in crushing their dreams and aspiration for self-determination with your crusades using multiple ids here.

I can see that our campaign online has been a pain on u and your masters neck and that explains your desperation to crush it by hook and crook means.

Ok, your masters wants us to take up arms like touts? You want to ensnare and wipe us out? hehehe

[size=18pt]Sorry, we wont fall for that ruse[/size]. Device a more shrewd tactics.

Nigeria is dying and we will continue to eat it up like an inoperable malignant growth by the power of information, till it gives up the ghost.

We wont fight you on your terms. So don't expect us to take up arms.

Aren't you and your masters ashamed that everybody is still talking about Biafra 42 yrs after you popped champagne of celebration?

Nkpi. . .
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
ACM10:

It seems like I'm debating with a Nigeria's intelligence asset.

The damn fabrication called Nigeria, which u are defending is disintegrating in your very presence.

Don't get hard-on over it. Pls remember to take your anti-hypertensive drugs or risk a burst artery in your asinine brain.

It's unfortunate that I don't share the same loyalty and patriotism as u do to this false contraption.

Your moronic brain convinced you that you can coax the entire Igbo tribe to join you in crushing their dreams and aspiration for self-determination with your crusades using multiple ids here.

I can see that our campaign online has been a pain on u and your masters neck and that explains your desperation to crush it by hook and crook means.

Ok, your masters wants us to take up arms like touts? You want to ensnare and wipe us out? hehehe

[size=18pt]Sorry, we wont fall for that ruse[/size]. Device a more shrewd tactics.

Nigeria is dying and we will continue to eat it up like an inoperable malignant growth by the power of information, till it gives up the ghost.

We wont fight you on your terms. So don't expect us to take up arms.

Aren't you and your masters ashamed that everybody is still talking about Biafra 42 yrs after you popped champagne of celebration?

Nkpi. . .

Just like I thought. . . . .  Typical Bussu.

Nairaland campaign. . . I laugh in Ohafia. . .

Nna I'm glad you have some sense left. . . I was really hoping y'all would try the same stunts the Niger Delta Boys did. The Nigerian army needs the practice. . .   cool

Anyways, more grease to your fingers. . . Keep typing your campaign, maybe in 500 years time, you may be able to get more than the attention of the Nigerian Police.

But if you are hoping to secceed without a fight, you are delusional. .  And if you are thinking of starting one, please ask Ojukwu what he saw that made him run. . . Opps!! he's dead!  cool

God bless Nigeria, God Bless Anambra State, God Bless Anocha LGA, God bless Agukwu Nri . . . And no place else. . .  cool
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by ACM10: 4:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
Okija_juju:

Just like I thought. . . . .  Typical Bussu.

Nairaland campaign. . . I laugh in Ohafia. . .

Nna I'm glad you have some sense left. . . I was really hoping y'all would try the same stunts the Niger Delta Boys did. The Nigerian army needs the practice. . .   cool

Anyways, more grease to your fingers. . . Keep typing your campaign, maybe in 500 years time, you may be able to get more than the attention of the Nigerian Police.

But if you are hoping to secceed without a fight, you are delusional. .  And if you are thinking of starting one, please ask Ojukwu what he saw that made him run. . . Opps!! he's dead!  cool

God bless Nigeria, God Bless Anambra State, God Bless Anocha LGA, God bless Agukwu Nri . . . And no place else. . .  cool

grin

Your great nigerian empire will last for 500 yrs

I laff in Anocha LGA.

Let the future events judge us.
Re: Why I Crowned Uwazurike —eze Nri! by OneNaira6: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
Disregarding the despoilers for thread

I don't accept Uwazurike given this title until he proves himself. IMO

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man With The Biggest Enhanced Private Part: PHOTOS / This Jewellery Is Used By Most Tribes For Adornment / Economical Nigerian Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.