Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? (7842 Views)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Really Rules The World, Jehovah God or Satan?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
A friend went to worship in a particular church last sunday throug a member's invitation, and when it was time to share testimonies of how God has been faithful to the members, Sister T. rose from the congregation to share her testimony of a miracle job, and she went ahead to telling the whole congregation how God answered her prayers and she got this wonderful job through a man she hardly knew, never met before, and he just directed her where to go, and she went and a job of N120,000 salary with allowances & bonuses was given to her the next day just like that, no application, no interview besides, when can you start and we hope you can do the job. And the congregation couldn't stop clapping and cheering her even after she had went back to her seat, all eyes was on Sister T. till the end of the service, and every male member wanted to meet with her. My friend was dumbfounded because he was the one that gave Sister T. that connection, which was after she agreed to sleep with him twice (don't curse my friend, majority of men do same), and Sister T. never knew he came to her church and never envisaged it.

This other testimony was given by a guy I know too well that he is a yahoo yahoo guy, and he also shared his in a diff. church (mine), how God connected him to an unknown foreigner who just sent him $25,000 just like that, AGAIN OO!!

So looking at testimonies like these few I shared here, do church members share testimony to glorify God or to glorify themselves pls? Still wondering what people are up to in this our days,
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Omofranca(f): 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
No genuine church will rubberstamp 'testimonies'/results obtained through dubious, ungodly means. God is not mocked; Even if no member of the 'testifier's audience knows what really happened. Even for the non religious, the law of karma will definitely, eventually come into operation!
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by God2man(m): 6:45am On Feb 24, 2012
Omofranca:

No genuine church will rubberstamp 'testimonies'/results obtained through dubious, ungodly means. God is not mocked; Even if no member of the 'testifier's audience knows what really happened. Even for the non religious, the law of karma will definitely, eventually come into operation!
God bless you. Omofranca. You have sound mind. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Joagbaje(m): 6:57am On Feb 24, 2012
All these people just want to rubbish the body of Christ by all means.

Matthew 16:18
. . . I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by pejol: 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
USE YOUR ID CARDS,FRINGER PRINT AND PASSWORD TO LOCK N UNLOCK YOUR DOOR
EXCELLENT HIGH SECURITY DIGITAL DOOR LOCK PLUS DEAD LOCK
USING 2-15 DIGITS. FOREIGNERS NEVER KNOW SECURITY CODE INPUT BY USER)
LOCKING WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED (NO WORRY ABOUT LOCKING EVEN IN FORGETFUL PERSON)
ELECTRIC POWER SAVING BY DEVELOPED MECHANICAL SYSTEM (BATTERY CHANGE : MORE 2YEARS = 15,000TIMES)
EASY TO READ KEYPAD IN THE DARK AREA (AUTOMATIC LIGHTING SYSTEM)
call hyperlink: +2348078440712 or wanpele4good@yahoo.com

Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Biggoozz: 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
SEUN, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS THAT DERIVE PLEASURE IN PUBLISHING DIVISIVE AND ANTI-CHRISTIAN TOPICS ON THE FRONT PAGES AGAINST YOUR CREATOR!!!

IF YOU GUYS ARE DOING THIS TO GAIN MORE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR BIZ OR FOR PLEASURE, YOU ARE DOOMED!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO YOURSELVES!!!
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by omar22(m): 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2012
My friend was dumbfounded because he was the one that gave Sister T. that connection, which was after she agreed to sleep with him twice (don't curse my friend, majority of men do same), and Sister T. never knew he came to her church and never envisaged it.

Remember Esau sold his birthright for a single bowl of meal
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Binkalette: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing and good luck with the thread.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by ayoade2: 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
I observed that nairalander likes to make lots of jokes. I have seen a couple of jokes on this site. No matter your religious bias or belief system, If you need to make a joke, dont do it with the church, it is Lord's body. You cannot kick against the prick and not be hurt. Please, it is just a gentle warning from a caring friend.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by stepo707: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
That stuff shared is not what is called a testimony.Check the bible for real testimony eg stephen,philip,paul and the apostles.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by dare2think: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

All these people just want to rubbish the body of Christ by all means.

Matthew 16:18
. . . I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Actually, your pastors are beating them to it.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by dare2think: 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
Biggoozz:

SEUN, SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR MODERATORS THAT DERIVE PLEASURE IN PUBLISHING DIVISIVE AND ANTI-CHRISTIAN TOPICS ON THE FRONT PAGES AGAINST YOUR CREATOR!!!

IF YOU GUYS ARE DOING THIS TO GAIN MORE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR BIZ OR FOR PLEASURE, YOU ARE DOOMED!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO YOURSELVES!!!

Blah, blah, blah. like a crying baby.

All your empty threats is just pathetic. Why not doom Boko haram with your foolish threats rather than on people who created a medium with the purpose of enhancing the freedom of speech which you are currently enjoying from.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
omar22:

Remember Esau sold his birthright for a single bowl of meal

a bowl of peppersoup
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
dare2think:

All your empty threats is just pathetic. Why not doom Boko haram with your foolish threats rather than on people who created a medium with the purpose of enhancing the freedom of speech which you are currently enjoying from.
Abi ooo. na their fellow Christians come b d enemy. Ha misplaced sense
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
@Poster, don't you know that the church is a place for the devil and his agents to test thier new weapons

to destroy, kill and steal. You dont need to be suprise at that. They were not of us (The body of Christ)

So dont be moved by that and lose faith okay!!!!
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by chinnyonwu(m): 2:31pm On Feb 24, 2012
dare2think:

No mind am, Rubbish talk
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by snthesis(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2012
God knows each individual's heart, u cant fool him
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by seunlayi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2012
it should have been to the glory of God but in many churches, the reverse is the case

1 Like

Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by seunlayi(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
it should have been to the glory of God but in many churches, the reverse is the case

1 Like

Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by MeAndYou(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
In as much as I agree that there are some questionable characters among the Christian fold, it would amount to highest degree of wickedness and insensitivity towards the salvation of mankind to classify all the investment of God in our lives in terms of miracles, testimonies, mercy, etc, as false. It's an unfair judgment.

[size=14pt]Check this out[/size]

In 2003, this woman was diagnosed of cancer and underwent chemotherapy as recommended by the hospital. She was later billed for radiotherapy which could not be carried out because the machine broke down. But somehow, that operation was not only conducted spiritually, but the trace of the dreaded cancer was uprooted completely She was later invited to USA by an NGO to speak about her healing during their annual convention. So, how can her testimony be a vain glory?

Her story: http://chosennews.net/testimony/invited-to-us-as-a-guest-speaker-after-cancer-healing/

Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Dereformer(m): 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ poster,

The testimonies we hear or receive in churches these days are more or less meant to glorify the testifier. The worst in this is the FGBMF international. You need to hear the kind of testimonies they give.

I happen to attend one of their fellowship in ABA at Binez hotel. One testifiers came out to tell us how he attended the best primary and secondary schools, how he graduated as the best student in his department in those days, how he built the best house in his village, how hen started his business with one kobo etc.
I was like, what is the testimony in this? How could you have started a business without money?
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Sugardiva(f): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
I personally love to hear testimonies because testimonies EDIFY me as a believer. Hearing what God has done in someone's life gives my faith a booster when i find myself in a similar position that he can do it for me too.

@OP i bliv we Nigerian Christians shld try and work out our own salvation and stop being dramatic. If the girl slept wif a man and came to give the story as testimony leave it to her and God . She will face the consequences of her sin b4 God.
So stop entering judgement for God. We are too pessimistic these days. After all God CAN DO all the things she said in her testimony. He CAN cause a complete stranger to connect you to a job without getting anything in return. It all depends on how you respond/react to testimonies. PPle talking about how God has blessed them builds my faith on how God CAN prosper me. I dont care the motive if the testifier is to glorify himself, thats for God to judge. I only care abt my reaction to it.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by jimblaze(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
I remember i used to have this splitting head aches for years every Friday unfailingly, but when i gave my life to Christ on Feb 3rd 2008, 4 yrs ago the friday head aches have disappeared! I give God the glory! whoever shares a fake testimony, God is not mocked! what soever man sows he shall reap!
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Omofranca(f): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
Kulu temper friends! Unfortunately religious topics are naturally very controversial because most of us (myself included) have strong feelings on it/particular topics. Let’s try not to mention names or use abusive or divisive language even if we disapprove of the poster himself, e.g. someone gave a testimony on nairaland about a particular miracle in his church and I was interested enough to ask for the church’s name& address so that I could attend but when the church was named, I did a mental double take, saying to myself, ‘no way!’ but I did not post any comment/reply to avoid any katakata.

Let’s borrow a leaf from comedians that would abuse your tribe or religion to your very own face but you still laugh because they do it in such a nice way and I’m sure most people will agree with me that the most successful pastors/leaders today are generally those with a sense of humour!

Be that as it may, the truth of the matter is that the church pastor may be a genuine or real man of God but was misled or unaware that a particular testimony was ‘fake.’ The spirit of discernment may not be there or God may just decide not to expose that ‘testifier’ at that particular time because it would still be a source of encouragement for some people. This is a God that once used a drunk interpreter to still save souls at a particular crusade some time ago.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Superbrain(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
If anyone chooses to glorify the testifier or God, it's up to them. Even if the testifier shares for self-glory, he has then chosen to reward himself. Those that testify to God's glory are overcomers. More testimonies await them.

In my church, no one is allowed to testify in person. Testimonies are submitted to the church office, vetted and then read to the congregation. Some churches will realize the importance of doing this later. It helps to check so many things.

If anyone chooses to thank God for even the most insignificant of things, why should you have a problem with that. In all things, we give Him thanks. Leave those that do wrong to their own judgement.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Koolking(m): 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
Biggoozz:

^^SMH. Military type of response in a democratic setting. It negates one of the beauties of Xtianity - freedom.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
You wanna hear testimonies? I have some for you. Some lady in the church i used to attend said that she used the international passport with a Spanish visa belonging to her identical twin sister in migrating to Spain! Another woman claimed that God performed a miracle by dousing a raging electric fire in their house. Guess what? She claimed that their house was situated so close to a PHCN transformer. And they still live in that house.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by iluvnet(m): 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
Omofranca:

Even for the non religious, the law of karma will definitely, eventually come into operation!

thank you for the bolded. This is what some of us spirit filled and tongue speaking Christians sometimes forget. Like you said, even if nobody in the church knew about the falsehood of the testimonies, God knows and HE will judge and no amount of anointing or prayers can/will save that person on that day. Whatever you sow, you will reap.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2012
Testimonies are meant to edify the church of God and to they re to the glory of God.
If it doesnt edify you, it can edify another person.
If you now deem it fit to shame yourself before God by lying. That is between you and God.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
My dear brothers and sisters, whether you’re a Muslim or a Christian, please whenever issues like these are brought up to be discussed, do not see it as a threat or blackmail to your religion or sect, instead, see it as a constructive complaint meant to assist that particular religious sect or group to seek for redress and change of ways. In as much as we know that God alone can judge the right and the wrong, we as humans too, must strive to correct the ones we can, by exposing the bad practices as a way of bringing good corrections, and not to start cursing people while at the same time preaching that others should not judge (and you are already judging). For instance, when Jesus Christ saw a group of men playing gambling in His father’s house, what did He do? Keep quiet? And when Paul the apostle saw what the people of Ephesus, Philistine, etc are doing, what did he do? He wrote them letters of caution, correction and warning to desist from their evil and sinful ways. He should have kept silent waiting for God to judge, when God said, let’s make man in our own image and liking. Please my fellow NLs, see threads and topics like this very one as a message and call for repentance from our un-Christly ways and activities in the Church of God. By the way, does it mean that if God doesn’t bless us, we would stop worshipping Him? NO!!!!!
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by saska1122: 10:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
@jobfront, don't mind some so-called christians without Christ.
Because some of us are so gullible to believe anything, we hate intellectual discussion or argument.
During the 1st church council in Jerusalem, Peter and the 'core' apostles wanted nothing to do with Gentiles and the uncircumcised, but Paul rose up and make a valid argument.
Y didn't the apostle call thunder from heaven to strike Paul, after all they were still filled with that Holy Ghost fire?
We are too myopic for objective discussion/argument in Nigeria, that is why our leaders take us for a ride. Yet we come here to complain.
Re: Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
saska1122:

@jobfront, don't mind some so-called christians without Christ.
Because some of us are so gullible to believe anything, we hate intellectual discussion or argument.
During the 1st church council in Jerusalem, Peter and the 'core' apostles wanted nothing to do with Gentiles and the uncircumcised, but Paul rose up and make a valid argument.
Y didn't the apostle call thunder from heaven to strike Paul, after all they were still filled with that Holy Ghost fire?
We are too myopic for objective discussion/argument in Nigeria, that is why our leaders take us for a ride. Yet we come here to complain.

You are just on point, honestly, we Nigerians need to wake up, we overdo things, EVERYTHING, we want to portray ourselves as the MOST HOLY, THE MOONSHINER, Lolz, and just like you said, that is one of the reasons our so-called RULERS do take us for a JAMBOREE!!

Imagine a fellow member here raining curses on SEUN and his diligent Co. when actually he can be kicked out of this NL planet in just a second and his contributions will go down the drain of his ASSSHHHH, Lolz, plz guys grow up o, stop being naive followers,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Kolawole Oyeyem - Chapel Of Uncommon Grace (CUG) / Correct Lyrics To Some Common Songs (praise And Worship)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.