Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:55 PM

Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar (4017 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Why Has Atiku Abubakar Been Missing APC Rallies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Tayotere(m): 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2007
Since the boo haha that followed the April 2007 general elections little in fact virtually nothing has been heard from the presidential flagbearer of the opposition party ACTION CONGRESS and former Vice President Alh ATIKU ABUBAKAR

Although his compatriot Alh MOHAMADU BUHARI from ANPP has managed to keep his name in the news the same can not be said of ATIKU the invincible.

Does it mean the ex VP's political career has finally been put in the cupboard by his enstranged boss OBJ or the man is working out his strategies and planning a big come back to the political landscape of the nations

Thes are questions waitin for answers
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by PeeDaVinci: 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2007
omotere, how far? wetin concern you concern atiku- na ur guy from uk dey hi you
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2007
Atiku's location is between France, London and Dubai.

Fact: In the eyes of many, Nigeria is still politically unstable. Many feel that OBJ is still pretty much in control and his vindictiveness and propaganda actions have not be disactivated; but with time this OBJ's involvement (with the new admin) will dissolve. Till then, Atiku and many others will continue to relax in foreign countries.

My advise: Do not count Atiku out as yet; this is Nigeria which is full of Nigerians, trust me, anything can happen in 2011 presidential election.
The man is still very young, he's very rich and he has many loyal Nigerians behind him.

Remember, only MONEY talks in my neighbourhood

May God bless Nigeria
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Tayotere(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2007
@ Big B1

nice response, but dont yu think the man should not take too much time out so that his political relevance will not hampered
at least he shuld just chip in somtin even if it's not 2 relevant so that we wont 4get him\

@PeeDaVinci

are yu LEORNADO DaVINCI?
pls i cant place the name, so who yu be?
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by desgiezd(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2007
Tayotere:

Does it mean the ex VP's political career has finally been put in the cupboard by his enstranged boss OBJ or the man is working out his strategies and planning a big come back to the political landscape of the nations

OBJ is a military man in politics. He only believes in brute force and gra! gra! and he is very, very tactless while Atiku is a politician and plays politics very well. OBJ and his tactics will, very soon, fizzle out (if it has not even started already). Additionally, OBJ does not have the capacity to put Atiku's political career in a cupboard. Remember that Shehu Musa Yar 'Adua was Atiku's political mentor and he was a great grassroots politician who had followers all over the nation. Atiku is following in his footsteps. I believe that what Atiku is doing presently is a tactical withdrawal.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2007
Remember that Shehu Musa Yar 'Adua was Atiku's political mentor and he was a great grassroots politician who had followers all over the nation. Atiku is following in his footsteps. I believe that what Atiku is doing presently is a tactical withdrawal

Meaning Atiku dey learn from OBJ deputy.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by chudy(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2007
i think the big man is hybanating. when its time he will come out of his cocoon. undecideds
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Mamajama(m): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2007
Babangida told ATIKU to chill in the state till he can figure out they will jointly swindle Nigerian treasury in the next election

So ATIKU is in USA trying to loose weight. We all know after they get elected, they blow up like balloon.

ATIKU Plus IBB = ABUBAKER

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Danmasani(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2007
Don Etiebet was initially a member of ANPP, then PDP, then he went to ANPP where he rose to its national Chairman and headed the party in the flawed 2003 elections and finally back in PDP where he is now a very active member lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Same will become of Atiku Abubakar, Formerly with the PDP to AC and will come back to the PDP in 2011. Nigerian papers will praise him and call him 'a great leader', a 'promoter of peace, understanding' and a 'great politician'- he will be portrayed as the best thing ever to happen to Nigeria. Ojo Madueke and Jerry Gana will rise to the ocassion and welcome him. Ahmadu Ali will grin with smiles and remind u that PDP is indeed the "greatest party in africa"

Methinks that Nigerians are yet to learn their lesson. If people like IBB, Ikimi, Anenih, Adedibu et al continue to hold sway in our polity today, then we'll continue to remain bastards that will be ridden upon any time we are called to election= to 'cast' stolen votes!
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by babasin(m): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2007
If people like IBB, Ikimi, Anenih, Adedibu et al continue to hold sway in our polity today

why not?  OBJ still hold sway; does he have 2 heads??

Instead Nigeria to ask for clean break from past in 1999, we did not.

All the ex-military are now in agbada and still milking the nation dry.

the fool and his money soon pathed-ways.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2007
does he has 2 heads??

Abeg speak broken gramma like me na grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
Methinks that Nigerians are yet to learn their lesson. If people like IBB, Ikimi, Anenih, Adedibu et al continue to hold sway in our polity today, then we'll continue to remain bastards that will be ridden upon any time we are called to election= to 'cast' stolen votes!

My man, that is what politics is all about.
Politics is a dirty game and regardless of what we feel or do, it will remain so forever and ever.

Fact: The different between a great politician and a great criminal is not much. They both have the same skill, but they implement the skill in different manners. Therefore, a great politician(leader) has a lot in common with a great criminal. Please, take your time and prove me wrong.

The problem in Nigeria is that we Nigerians do not truly understand the accurate definition of politics, we tend to be gullible and we expect too much from politicians. But on the flip side, the politicians understand us well well and they know exactly what to use to entice us at the right time.

Don't fall asleep, Atiku will be back shortly, he's only looking for the right time and the right opportunity to use to implement his big return.
Moreover, he's also currently playing an interesting politics game and I will not be surprised if he ends up with the trophy at the end of the day.
You can not get tired of what you don't see or feel. Very very soon OBJ and his junkies will become an obsolete battleship.

On the other hand:
Adedibu is not a politician; there is a big difference between a politician and a mere cacophonous thug.
OBJ is not a true politician; there is a big difference between a politician and a mere bully.

Great politicians are noiseless criminals and they also represent great leaders.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2007
Atiku who? Atiku is irrelevant in the scheme of things (would be different if he was
ex-military). If Yar Adua's health is intact and is willing to go for another 4 years,
there is no way the ruliing party (PDP for that matter) will sideline the president for
someone else. The North will still be happy because their man is still president.

While a good politician and an excellent media manipulator, Atiku is toast and will
NEVER be president of Nigeria. His greatest political mistake and undoing was his
taking on his boss, OBJ. As a politician, he bests OBJ, but at the end of the day, OBJ
knows the system and he is the system to some extent.

OBJ has <b>made</b> more people in Nigeria than Atiku can ever dream of. So like
someone said earlier, the Tinubus, Etiebets, Ogbehs will run to AC, ANPP, and the
likes, but they will always find their way home to PDP. If there is anything like loyalty
in Nigerian politics, these crop of politicians will yield to OBJ before Atiku! In 8 years,
power will rotate back to the south-south or the south-east, else the country will
break up for real!
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2007
OBJ has <b>made</b> more people in Nigeria than Atiku can ever dream of

You're absolutely wrong.

Do you know why Saddam was captured in few months and Osama is still chilling?

Saddam thought he had people, but he later discovered that most people were behind him because they were scared of him.
On the other hand, Osama is still chilling today because few people behind him are absolutely loyal to him. And these folks can not be bought.

That is the difference; and I'm sure that with time, many will realize that OBJ's time is over and we will all witness how quickly his supporters sycophant will reduce drastically.

Atiku is young, healthy, very rich and still has time to brush up his image.

I think he has a chance!
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by McKren(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2007
BigB1

Atiku will celebrate his 61st birthday on 25th November, by 2011 he will be 65 and by 2023 he will be 77.

Just reminding you cause not sure why you are emphasizing on Atiku being young.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by babasin(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2007
Saddam thought he had people, but he later discovered that most people were behind him because they were scared of him.
On the other hand, Osama is still chilling today because few people behind him are absolutely loyal to him. And these folks can not be bought.

well said.  a lesson for would be leaders/rulers.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2007
Mckren:

If OBJ could do it at the age of 99, trust me, ATIKU will pull through at 65
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2007
BigB1

Atiku is young, healthy, very rich and still has time to brush up his image.

I think he has a chance!

He has a chance against what? A chance of beating Yar Adua in 4 years under
a party umbrella to be formed in 3 years or 2 years or 6 months before election
time?
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by Mamajama(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2007
ATIKU and IBB are dead as far as Nigerian politics are concern

BIGB1 how come your father IBb refuse to come and Visit USA?  what is he scared of?  I am just curious
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by diphor: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
Anyway i will like Atiku to come back to the face of Nigerian politics but not as a ruler but as an example of a bad leader and as an history maker of the first leader to go go jail.LOL
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
FYI:
I'm not here supporting ATIKU, I'm only speculating based on my experience.
Do no let us get things twisted.

He has a chance against what? A chance of beating Yar Adua in 4 years under
a party umbrella to be formed in 3 years or 2 years or 6 months before election
time?
My man, you continue to prove my point for me. Do you know anything about Nigerian politics?

How did Yar'Adua get to Aso Rock?
Obviously, not because of our votes, therefore it is senseless to use Yar'Adua as a next presidential election sample.

Moreover, in Nigeria, a party umbrella could be formed overnight and still win the election.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2007

If OBJ could do it at the age of 99, trust me, ATIKU will pull through at 65

Dead wrong again!. Atiku is no OBJ, he has not, and will never attain OBJ
status power-wise. There are several past military heads of state in Nigeria,
and there is OBJ.

If the current president was from the south, then maybe he would have had
a shot in 4 years.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2007

How did Yar'Adua get to Aso Rock?
Obviously, not because of our votes, therefore it is senseless to use Yar'Adua as a next presidential election sample.

Moreover, in Nigeria, a party umbrella could be formed overnight and still win the election.

At BigB1, you mean the above can happen against an incumbent party? Which Nigeria are we
talking about? You mean the outsiders will out-rig those in control of INEC, police and army
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2007
OBJ pure failure continues to expose on a daily basis; and if things continue like this, the next person Nigerians will be looking up to will be ATIKU.

Have you thought that OBJ's failure will prove to Nigerians that ATIKU was not as bad as OBJ and his junkies had speculated in the past?
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2007
At BigB1, you mean the above can happen against an incumbent party? Which Nigeria are we
talking about? You mean the outsiders will out-rig those in control of INEC, police and army

The difference:
Yar'Adua is not a bully, not greedy and not a deceiver.
He will allow Nigerians to pick the next president.

My question for you is, "are you going to vote this time around"?

Because it is absolutely senseless to me when a voteless Nigerian from abroad is vigorously debating politics with me.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2007

OBJ pure failure continues to expose on a daily basis; and if things continue like this, the next person Nigerians will be looking up to will be ATIKU.

Have you thought that OBJ's failure will prove to Nigerians that ATIKU was not as bad as OBJ and his junkies had speculated in the past?

You must be joking? Please tell me how OBJ's failures exonerates Atiku or portrays him as a good
leader? What has he really led in the past? What can he singularly point to as his achievement in
governance?
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2007
Again, I'm not here trying to support ATIKU. I'm just pointing out the possibility.

Atiku is doing the right thing by laying very low for now.

If he plays his game well, he definitely has a chance.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2007
I see your point though. However, I wonder why even bother debating people like you
if all you have to offer for leadership is IBB and Atiku? I will rather vote for a dog than
vote for either IBB or Atiku.

People must really be in short supply in Nigeria in terms of leadership if all you got to offer
are those two confirmed thieves and failures.

Finally, as bad as OBJ might be, Atiku and IBB rolled together can not even measure up
to OBJ's contribution to whatever is left of Nigeria today.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by desgiezd(m): 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2007
Iyke-D:

OBJ has made more people in Nigeria than Atiku can ever dream of.

I beg to disagree with you sir! OBJ only made few people and these are the business people who made billions when he was in power. These same people will later abandon him and run to whoever is in power tomorrow. As for politicians, he made just a few and for those that were showing loyalty to him when he was in power, this was largely false loyalty and he secured their loyalty by using EFCC and other government machinery to intimidate them. They will soon break free and we shall see that he has no core loyalists.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2007
I see your point though. However, I wonder why even bother debating people like you
if all you have to offer for leadership is IBB and Atiku?  I will rather vote for a dog than
vote for either IBB or Atiku

Iyke-D:
Oh my God, you have just hurt my feelings by making that statement; give me a break.

You sound like a pure nonstarter.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by IykeD1(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2007

My question for you is, "are you going to vote this time around"?

Because it is absolutely senseless to me when a voteless Nigerian from abroad is vigorously debating politics with me.

BigB1 - I thought the same thing when I read the above from you and I know you are not a pure non-starter.
Re: Where Is Alh. Atiku Abubakar by BigB11(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2007
Ok, my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) / Senate Panel Exposes Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries / Are The Days Of VP Yemi Osinbajo Numbered?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.