Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? (4617 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Game He Lost (A Novel). / Would You Buy A Book Written In Pidgin English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by afroxyz: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
I am a writer. I am working on a novel in pidgin english. I would like to know what you guys feel about this. Would you buy or appreciate a fiction novel written in pidgin?

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by afroxyz: 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
Come on house. Please petz know what you think
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by emofine2(f): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2012
There was an identical topic a few months before.
Well as for me, so long as the storyline is good pidgin will not deter me smiley
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by 9japidgin: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2012
i encourage you my broda plenti pepo for 9ja dey gbadun pidgin, and dem go read am, sake of say e nor eazy to dey write pidgin, even sef i get pidgin blog and di responce wey i dey get dey totori me grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Suntemi(m): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2012
I will buy it because it is even written in Pikin.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by hunsu: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2012
No,never u guys dont knw what pidgin is doing to nigerian at the international level.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by eghost247(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2012
emöfine2: There was an identical topic a few months before.
Well as for me, so long as the storyline is good pidgin will not deter me smiley

was about to say the same thing
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by maclatunji: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2012
I for buy d book, d tin wey dey dere be say I no dey buy book plenti. I go read your book if e sweet, to buy am na anoda mata. Rite am make we see am.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Suntemi(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2012
hunsu: No,never u guys dont knw what pidgin is doing to nigerian at the international level.

Abeg free story jare. Pikin is ours so I care less about what they think of it.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by sebastinta(m): 10:01am On Mar 17, 2012
@poster dont let dis pple fool u...we all kip say i ll buy, i ll buy....how of em read novels in d 1st place or how many pple read books dis days,
i dnt fink its a gud idea.
all da best anyways wink
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Mr9iceGuy(m): 10:12am On Mar 17, 2012
to me, i think novel written in pidgen english go make sence, at list for wazobia fm, evry thing dis na pidgen english and its very intresting
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by queensmith: 10:13am On Mar 17, 2012
^^ o god i love wazobia reports, all my friends are hooked and they are not even nigerian! esp the stories! and they are written in pidgin!

@op trust me people will buy it, if the runs girls chronicles can attract soo much attention with it's poor editing a good well edited story with correct marketing will do much better.

dont make it over complicated abed so you can have a wider audience, i cant appreciate most nigerian comedians because the pidgin is too conc!
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by maclatunji: 10:15am On Mar 17, 2012
queensmith: ^^ o god i love wazobia reports, all my friends are hooked and they are not even nigerian! esp the stories! and they are written in pidgin!

U see d tin wey internet don start, even queeny dey hear Wazobia fm.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by queensmith: 10:16am On Mar 17, 2012
^^ lol- i dont think its the same as fm but i'll make an effort to listen to that to, it's this satire news site. Introduced to me by a ghanian btw! its amazing!
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by EfemenaXY: 10:18am On Mar 17, 2012
@ Poster, it depends on what I'd be hoping to get out from it. Say for example, if it's purely for:

Entertainment: As long as it's got a good storyline, sense of humour and captivates my interest, then why not?

Educational / to teach the structure(s) of the English Language: I think not as it's not standard English.

I guess what I'm saying is my decision to buy a novel written in Pidgin depends on what purpose(s) I intend to use it for! smiley
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by dljbd1(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2012
make una no worry. Whn we ma bcom colonial masters to other countries na pidgin go b their 2nd language...lolz
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by dljbd1(m): 10:31am On Mar 17, 2012
by the way...hw many pidgin people read books. It might nt mak a difference writing to suit their taste.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by olamide123: 10:34am On Mar 17, 2012
Hell no!
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by EmmaB4(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2012
As 4 me i won't buy, cos pidgin is not a formal language. I buy books written in English to know more vocabs and improve my English speaking capabilities as a student.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by ayanfemy(f): 10:39am On Mar 17, 2012
If i fit listen to radio station wey dey talk efrytin for pidgin, talk to pipu for pidgin, watch shows for pidgin, wetin do me not to buy n read book wey den write for pidgin? Carrt go, we dey ya back!
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by kkkossy(m): 10:43am On Mar 17, 2012
afroxyz: I am a writer. I am working on a novel in pidgin english. I would like to know what you guys feel about this. Would you buy or appreciate a fiction novel written in pidgin?

My advice is NO!pidgin english is slow to read and comprehend but fast to speak and understand.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by honeric01(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2012
Yes, if it's a funny novel and not about sexx.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by saintneo(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2012
[size=38pt]NO[/size]
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by kakakibuy(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2012
@ ayanfemy
What radio station do you listen to that has all the programs in pidgin? is it available online?
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2012
If the tory make sense ppl go buy.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by sirp2007: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2012
yes
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2012
I wouldn't dare. Pidgin ruins your spoken English so I don't like it. You would have a good market for the book in Nigeria but have you thought of the bigger picture? You wanna limit sales to Nigeria alone?
I wish you good luck with your book, poster. smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by ekitikan(m): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2012
@ hunsu,and na olodi apapa na hin u dey stay,u come de yawa pidgin english,na waa for u oh.nah be d same pidgin u wake up meet eveeyday,wey ur ppl dey yarn morning afternoon and nyte.guy u be wise man wey die for foolish man backyard.
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by kakakibuy(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2012
Can anyone in the house recommend a radio that broadcast it's program in pidgin and available on the internet.? thanks
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by Pretyella(f): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2012
I read books alot, it wil actually be interestin 2 read a novel written in pigdin.so yes i will buy 4 d experience and if its interestin
Re: Would You Buy A Novel Written In Pidgin? by maclatunji: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2012
kakakibuy: Can anyone in the house recommend a radio that broadcast it's program in pidgin and available on the internet.? thanks

http://www.wazobiafm.com/stream.html Wazobia fm 95.1

The hottest radio station in Lagos and by extension Nigeria. tongue

Naija fm 102.7 http://naija102.com/index.php/multimedia/listen-live

(1) (2) (Reply)

Story! Story! Story! Once Upon A Time, Time Time: / Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? / Pregnant For The Devil - A Romantic Novel (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.