Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa (19283 Views)

Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / Covenant University: Accounting Student Graduates With 4.99 GPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by moshoodn(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2012
jmoore:

Jesus gave a prophecy that false prophets will come and mohammed is one of the false prophets, we already know that. Any contradictory statement from the book they discovered is false
yea. . . and we disregard it in its entirety!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dplus(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
Na wa oooooooooooo

4.99 is not mathematically possible as CGPA.

4.99 mathematically = 4 99/100 (Simple arithmetic from primary school)

4 99/ 100 = 499 / 100

4.99 on a scale of 5 point is 499 / 500

this is possible only if he get one B from a 1 units course and the total number of units offered is 500.

for any B Sc score the total number of units is between 130 to 180 (depending on the school)

case A if total units is 130 and he get 129 then CGPA will be  4.961538461538462

case B if the total units is 180 and he get 179 then  CGPA will be 4.972222222222222

so how did they arrive at 4.99 

Good luck to the Guy but things like this should not be in public domain since i believe they have enough Prof to compute the CGPA  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by WhyAWhy(m): 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Opoki :

Guy, no one is hating, its only that your best is not always enough and there is no waiver in most cases especially in OAU, something that you could have been penalised for in OAU could be waived in CU. I graduated with 3rd class (2.33) and today i'm proud about how i've efficiently managed my life afterward. I'm a proud owner of a Farm with more than 7000 birds, i realized more than 2000 pieces of eggs daily.
I recently went back to OAU to collect my cert. After years of, , bla bla bla

Straight to the point.
[b]So lets see what he's going to make out of this wonderful grade![/b]OLU Agro-Allied Industry.

[size=15pt]You sound  like one terribly bitter person who is looking out for an opportunity to spite everyone that did better than you in University!!!

I don't know when people will realise that every stage in life is unique and it is always an opportunity for you to START-OVER!

REJOICE with THOSE that REJOICE!

If you didn't make a first class in University, is that the END of LIFE?!!! Do you have to spite those who did. Did they hold you from doing so? (, and to imagine that it is graduates that are talking like this)

Who says your life is not worth something?!!!

There were days of primary school, secondary school etc up till university and different people who were our classmates were the stars of those stages some of us inclusive, what does that tell you about LIFE?!!!

I graduated from OAU myself and I don't spite anyone from other universities. Even if you study rice and beans in Uni, it's no child's play

Just pray that when your time to shine come irrespective of your class of grade, your seat will not be found vacant.[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by muyoto: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
nas 00:

Na wah for all these 'noise makers' sef.
At least, I know of someone with a 1st class from Bells University. To construct simple sentences in english na war for am.
I can't count the number of times I've had to help in proof-reading english stuff. Yoruba sef she no fit write or speak in a definitive manner.
Most annoying thing to me is the manner these 'olodos' still dey form 'phonetics'.

People get 1st class in UI, OAU et al, we no dey make noise. Before 'these ones' get 1 6.9 CGPA, the whole world for don hear. *smh*

Guess they aren't used to it, anyway.
Awon olodo gbogbo.

BElls? where that one dey sef?
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Nextworldnx(m): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
Op, tell dat boi to come to FUTMINNA and let‘s see whether he will cross 2.1, By the time the harsh Gidan kwano(sun city) finishes with him, and struggling,waiting & fighting for bus daily. He will pop champagne if he manages C‘s in his courses. Infact, carry-overs will be his companion semester in,semester out. I trust FUTMX, with all those saddist lecturers! U go sabi ur mama name.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Dhelake: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
D GUY TRY BUH D CONDITION WERE FAVOURABLE , IF A 2-2 GRADUATE OF FUTA OAU UNILAG ET AL GETZ TO STUDY IN DAT KIND OF CONDITION , I'M DAMN SURE HE'LL MAKE A FIRST CLASS
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by muyoto: 10:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
I suppose, given the some comments here, virtually everyone will make a first class, ''given the right conditions'' tongue
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Feb 28, 2012
Ijogz K:

You are sounding like someone who tried to enter CU through a Scholarship scheme, but got rejected because you weren't smart enough, and you are now hating the school as a result.  undecided

The time I was writing JAMB, CU wasnt even an option in the list of schools

1 Like

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by FEMARY1: 5:08am On Feb 28, 2012
Haters should read this ---Askia Oghale Tessy - Best Graduating Student Of Middlesex University
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757410.0.html
The girl graduated from Novena.
Haters what do you have to say of Novena?
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by iviix(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2012
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by ocelot2006(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2012
Kudos to the young man. A First Class is definitely no mean feat.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by nwanioma(f): 9:57am On Feb 28, 2012
dplus:

Na wa oooooooooooo

4 99/ 100 = 499 / 100

this is possible only if he get one B from a 1 units course and the total number of units offered is 500.

for any B Sc score the total number of units is between 130 to 180 (depending on the school)

case A if total units is 130 and he get 129 then CGPA will be  4.961538461538462

case B if the total units is 180 and he get 179 then  CGPA will be 4.972222222222222

Good luck to the Guy but things like this should not be in public domain since i believe they have enough Prof to compute the CGPA  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Very well said! My Question why did he go to covenant in the first place sef!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by WhyAWhy(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^ Common sense, private universities are not plagued by many of the things that characterise federal/state universities.

I have many, more than 10 that left OAU when we were in second year and like 5/6 went to private universities,, the others went abroad, They graduated 3 years ahead of me and are infact doing extremely well in their various career. deal with it! You don't need to be good to enter federal university, we all know the highly corrupt route of jamb et al.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by oladayo042: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dude said he was shading B's in one exam cos he had no time, na there I know say him fit get 5.0 sef. How will you get anything less than first class when the bulk of your exams are multiple choice questions?
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by betty009(f): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by mployer(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2012
That dude wrote a software exam with a PC. I know most conventional universities do not have such facility tongue
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by vandetta(m): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2012
Continental issues as cult butchers final year student.
Details at www.educationigeria..com and like group at www.facebook.com/pages/Voice-of-the-Nigerian-Tertiary-InstitutionsVNTI/362095437154273

Don't miss that news. Invite your friends and swell the community.

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by mrkels(m): 12:11am On Apr 11, 2012
funkystanl: Go to OAU, ABU, UI, UNILAG, YABATECH and lets see if u can have the 4.99 cgpa from 100-500.

Y u no add uniben wen them say be the best at the moment na shuo!!! Tk ur time o!
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by mrkels(m): 12:17am On Apr 11, 2012
oladayo042: Dude said he was shading B's in one exam cos he had no time, na there I know say him fit get 5.0 sef. How will you get anything less than first class when the bulk of your exams are multiple choice questions?
Dude that one no join o, why yu no score 400/400 for jamb? Shey na still obj?Am a mathematician and am here to tell you that random guessing takes you no where unless there is a pattern. Yes people do make eduacated guesses when solving problems in mathematics but there is a catch ''eduacated guesses'' not tubu tubu mess am cos if u use tubu tubu, u die well except ur head get oil and dts luck.
Two tins happened here
1) He was just lucky
2) He shaded 15 right? There's a possibility that he failed the 15 but got the rest answers correctly and that gave him the A.
Just so you know, the university I atteded, the obj questions was a nightmare. There were times when we had answers repeating themselves in the multiple choice options but the only difference between them was apporximately 0.0001<x<0.0009. Tell me how you would get an answer if given 50 of those questions?

1 Like

Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by mrkels(m): 12:33am On Apr 11, 2012
dplus: Na wa oooooooooooo

4 99/ 100 = 499 / 100

Yes o, I have reasons to believe that 4.99 is undefined!!! I don't think any school has a unit course, GST's r the lowest but they come with an arithemetic value of 2 units. So let them talk o. Except they did rounding off which is not permitted when calculating CGPA.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by dustydee: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2012
ok.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by ridboy94(m): 3:08pm On Jun 19, 2012
moshoodn:
wat do u mean muhamad z a false prophet...GUY MIND IT. sad
moshoodn:
wat do u mean muhamad z a false prophet...GUY MIND IT.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by rasabtol(m): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Funkystall.
In OAU, there was somebody with 4.96 from Chemical Engineering, 4.89 from Economics e.t.c Let's think beyond limitation. It's possible. Yes it's possible everywhere.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by adeoladrg(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2012
I knew dis guy when we started 100 leve back in c.u back then..now he's an inspiration..now 4.99 is very possible..it depends on d unit of d course he had a B.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Valentinooo: 9:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
You cannot compare the problem these federal university students are facing from lecturers wit that of a private school. Situations whereby your lecturers will be happy seeing you fail so that you can come to block.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by Kentnickole(m): 2:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dyt: dis s it
The result is ok but anoda issue is gettn a job; weda first class or super firstee. Thank God for that result nd join the league.
Re: I Was Very Sad When I Had A B, Says Graduate With 4.99 Cgpa by wemmi(f): 9:33am On Nov 26, 2015
ruiyeye:
Why don't u thnk he can do it in UI,ABU or any of the other "big Unis"? Is it because the lecturers won't give him the grade he deserves or because he's not smart enough? Victor is a smart youngman, so are many graduates of CU, the Uni actuali let's u bag a degree with the ACTUAL scores/grades u get in each paper, no lecturer victimizes cos they don't have their own 1st class or 2:1. So stop hating.
Becos he won't get the grades he deserved...e.g OAU.
So many saddist lecturer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / Rivers Students Cries Out Over 6 Months Unpaid Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.