Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4381467 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kereokwu(f): 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks so much for the responses. God bless us all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by juniorrate: 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Have anyone try some idea like “Personal Loans Lending” let me say u have 100mills as ur capital and u want to be lendin out to collect percentage. so since commercial Bank is givin out loans like 27%. then get a good lawyer and give out loan at 12-13% and set many requirement the lender will need to met + collateral..........

have anyone try such thing and how is the success bcz i believed the judiaciary system is shitt in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
richforever123:

What exactly is not true? Will any investment company tell you that your capital is not secure, even MMM will tell that your capital is secure
Stop raising false alarm mmf has long been in existence. Your capital is safe.. Returns may be very low. MMM will never tell you your capital is secure. Everyone knows a Ponzi scheme like MMM when they see it

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
juniorrate:
Have anyone try some idea like “Personal Loans Lending” let me say u have 100mills as ur capital and u want to be lendin out to collect percentage. so since commercial Bank is givin out loans like 27%. then get a good lawyer and give out loan at 12-13% and set many requirement the lender will need to met + collateral..........

have anyone try such thing and how is the success bcz i believed the judiaciary system is shitt in Nigeria

It is a side business which a lot of senior bankers do.

They get personal loans from their employers and loan out to people they know, usually bank customers who they can vouch for. The interest is usually between 20% to 25%.

They do this side business with between N5 million to N30 million.

Since you are not an insider in the lending business it will be a risky risky business for you to venture into.

You want to start with N100 million, I will advise you to buy a microfinance bank or get a license for the operation of a microfinance bank

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
oluwaleokey:
I just stumbled this thread while searching for an info...i must commend the wealth of knowledge being shared here although i have never been a fan of bond, fixed deposit, stock market stuffs probably because its complex and i have never made out time to study & understand it however with the level of info here, i think i stand to learn alot...

That said,
Biko, For someone that works but als have side hustles about 6 kekes runing hire purchase arrangement plus a biz that fetches about 70k per month... thats my investments for now, no stock market investment or stuffs like that (is it bad?)
Please any advise on how grow or double my cash flow would be highly appreciated coz the 10M, 18M etc that i read here eh... me self dey admire am biko... na like this we go take build...
I am following sha
How do you manage your Keke? I am just branching out into the Keke business model of higher purchase (though I did interstate before, but it didn't profit me).
I have one Keke, and would love to add one more this year and add one every year until I gather a sizable number. Abeg tell me more about how to manage them?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyawoToBe(f): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
Kereokwu:

The page has issues on mmf interests not paid correctly, delayed response to emails, arm mmf. Maybe it's not the right page.

Pls house/forum I really need urgent reply to my earlier questions:

Wow I want to say a big thank you all the contributors here, so much too learn. God bless you all richly in Jesus name Amen.
Well I have decided to try mmf using fbn quest since tb is too low, now here are my questions:
a1. Will my capital be preserved just like tb?
2. What are the tenure(tb has 30d, 60days etc)
3. Can I pull out my funds anytime it matures
4. Any charges?
b. Now for fg savings bonds what is the minimum tenure?
2. Can I get it at any commercial bank?
What are the rates now?
For someone who is learning stock and decides to buy 50k of( E.g uacn or Access), is the person
a share holder or what is the difference.
C. What is FS
questions.
Thanks

It's the right page. Run from FBNQuest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=zamirikpo post=85748456]

A nairalanders just drew a plan for me and the estimate from foundation to finish is about 18m in asaba. Without land. in 2020. It's a 5 bedroom duplex.

So u were ripped off. That money could have built 2.

Haha. Are you guys really serious about this thing you're saying. 5 bedroom duplex at 18M. Does it include the interior? I mean everything. Kitchen cabinet, wardrobe paintings etc? Na wa o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 6:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=85761910]

It is a side business which a lot of senior bankers do.

They get personal loans from their employers and loan out to people they know, usually bank customers who they can vouch for. The interest is usually between 20% to 25%.

They do this side business with between N5 million to N30 million.

Since you are not an insider in the lending business it will be a risky risky business for you to venture into.

You want to start with N100 million, I will advise you to buy a microfinance bank or get a license for the operation of a microfinance bank

This man you're well experienced in investment world. True it's common among them but na coded.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
Read a thread like and you will understand the mindset of an average Nigerian to take a loan and refuse to pay. https://www.nairaland.com/5624081/what-happen-one-fails-pay

juniorrate:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
eagleeye2:

How do you manage your Keke? I am just branching out into the Keke business model of higher purchase (though I did interstate before, but it didn't profit me).
I have one Keke, and would love to add one more this year and add one every year until I gather a sizable number. Abeg tell me more about how to manage them?
I was about asking him same question, because I use to hear funny experience and stories that touches the heart about this keke business. Perhaps he's a police officer or enjoys making troubles (no joke intended). Because majority of those riding the keke are trouble makers who wouldn't want to pay the owner even when they are making a kill on daily basis.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9galen217: 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
zamirikpo:

A nairalanders just drew a plan for me and the estimate from foundation to finish is about 18m in asaba. Without land. in 2020. It's a 5 bedroom duplex.

So u were ripped off. That money could have built 2.

Pls do you mind sharing the contact of the Nairalander. You can PM the details if it makes you comfortable. I equally have a pending project for a 5 bedroom duplex at Abuja, but the figures the contractors are calling just sinks my heart...18M seems reasonable. By finish; do you mean tiles, P.O.P e.t.c?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kemshade: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
good evening, which other investment can I go into since the rate of treasury bill is low, I don't really know about mutual fund, if anyone knows pls educate me especially for stanbic bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tripleaj(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
@9galen217, I am an Architect too but you can check my design and work on my Instagram. (adedokun184)

9galen217:

Pls do you mind sharing the contact of the Nairalander. You can PM the details if it makes you comfortable. I equally have a pending project for a 5 bedroom duplex at Abuja, but the figures the contractors are calling just sinks my heart...18M seems reasonable. By finish; do you mean tiles, P.O.P e.t.c?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chykes4micheal: 10:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I will advise you to buy FG savings bonds and money market funds.

OK thanks. Tell me about it from your experience.. "the MMF and FG saving bonds... while i still Google it. Please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
eagleeye2:

Bros you sound tuished abi na posh...
Bros the keke thing na simply agbero work...meaning you gats to sound street despite your education level... make them believe you have all the connect in the city, military, police even boys brigade...

The Most vital key is the rider himself
Ensure you get a reasonable disciplined rider then you are 70% good to go...
How do you recruit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Legendguru: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=cirtapoyat post=85767906][/quote]

Tell that bro again 18m can build 2 and half of that bro. You need to learn about construction do not contract out buy most of your projects materials yourself. I spent 6.2m to raise mine up and fully roofed with step tiles .another 2.4m will do all finishing including boreholes tiling pop doors wiring and more

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Can somebody please help with the link to the property section?
Cc
Zamrikpo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 1:42am On Jan 14, 2020
Legendguru:

Tell that bro again 18m can build 2 and half of that bro. You need to learn about construction do not contract out buy most of your projects materials yourself. I spent 6.2m to raise mine up and fully roofed with step tiles .another 2.4m will do all finishing including boreholes tiling pop doors wiring and more

Are u talking of duplex or bungalow?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 4:17am On Jan 14, 2020
Good morning everyone in the house, I will like to try shares again as low as 50,000 Which company is advisable to buy from, I want to give a try again I sworn not to buy share anymore after 2008 ecobank ETI which I have not receive any dividend till now or even know the worth. I was thinking to buy from First Bank Ing.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:07am On Jan 14, 2020
Diyke4rich:
Good morning everyone in the house, I will like to try shares again as low as 50,000 Which company is advisable to buy from, I want to give a try again I sworn not to buy share anymore after 2008 ecobank ETI which I have not receive any dividend till now or even know the worth. I was on thinking to buy from First Bank Ing.

There is a thread that will attend to your question

If you must try banks, invest in the market leaders GTB, Zenith, Access, UBA, FBN.

Although I will go for Zenith and UBA at their current price

Consider building materials companies eg Dangote cement and Wapco.

MTN is currently out of reach .

Start small, learn and grow.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jaydee009: 6:19am On Jan 14, 2020
After working for a couple of years, I have been able to save a little over 1 million. That's all I have at the moment. I am considering putting all of it into Stanbic IBTC MMF.

1. Is it a wise decision for one to put all of his life savings into MMF considering the poor Tbills rates at the moment?

2. Is there a chance or possibility that the 1 million will depreciate after 1 year (I am seriously concerned about capital preservation).

Responses are highly welcome. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Jaydee009:
After working for a couple of years, I have been able to save a little over 1 million. That's all I have at the moment. I am considering putting all of it into Stanbic IBTC MMF.

1. Is it a wise decision for one to put all of his life savings into MMF considering the poor Tbills rates at the moment?

2. Is there a chance or possibility that the 1 million will depreciate after 1 year (I am seriously concerned about capital preservation).

Responses are highly welcome. Thanks.

Buy Eurobond funds, FG bond or mmf.

There is a rumour of currency devaluation in the next 4 weeks, Eurobond Fund won't be a bad idea

Or buy shares of companies who earn in dollars eg Seplat, Airtel, Dangote cement earns in dollars from his branches in other African countries

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 7:09am On Jan 14, 2020
juniorrate:

I have been doing it for the past 7years and today,I am absolutely fulfilled.
I actually started very low in 2012 and I have been able to grow my capital to the tune of 35million.
The inflow has been consistent for all these years.
Caveat is; do not give above 10% otherwise u might loose all ur cash and another thing is that u have to be mentored before u can venture into this kind business.

I started it while working in the Bank and I had to resign because I got another job that was less stressful.
U could do it if u are interested.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kunleweb: 8:34am On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

I actually started very low in 2012 and I have been able to grow my capital to the tune of 35million.
Caveat is; do not give above 10% otherwise u might loose all ur cash and another thing is that u have to be mentored before u can venture into this kind business.

I started it while working in the Bank and I had to resign because I got another job that was less stressful.

Smart. Ibo power

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 9:22am On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=cirtapoyat post=85767906][/quote]

Includes everything, though moderate finishing oh. If u want Jacuzzi standard e no go reach.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:37am On Jan 14, 2020
zamirikpo:

Includes everything, though moderate finishing oh. If u want Jacuzzi standard e no go reach.
if him want 1 million naira chandalier i fit supply am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kemshade: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2020
kemshade:
good evening, which other investment can I go into since the rate of treasury bill is low, I don't really know about mutual fund, if anyone knows pls educate me especially for stanbic bank
someone pls advise
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jossy26: 10:37am On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

Hello, can you please share details of how you were able to do this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Asset Management and Investment banking are different and also interrelated related.

Asset Management firms have equity mutual fund products, money market fund products, fixed income fund products, Eurobond fund products , REITs , Wealth management products and other derivatives.
Wealth management products assist investors in perpetuating their wealth and Investment from generation to generation, through the creation and management of Trust accounts. There are people who earn tens of millions and more annually through such trust accounts .

Investment banking involves assisting big businesses/ government etc to raise funds for Investments, businesses and projects etc. The funds can be in form of equity or debt. They act as issuing houses to public offerings, right offerings etc, they are also Investment advisers to businesses, government and High Networth Investors. They also help in the marketing of highly lucrative deals, business and investment opportunities to High Networth Investors.

This is just a summary, asset management firms and Investment banking firms do more than these.

Starred
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2020
unite4real:

wow. let me run and check. February na cash windfall for me. 4 bonds mature with their final coupons plus 3 Treasury bills. If they are liquidating the TBs before maturity, its kind of strange. i want to suggest you look again on your investment advice, just to be triple sure. Banks really do not like loosing a second of income to anyone.

i am forced into thinking the TBs were secondary market (in the bank's control) and the banks are trying to reduce their cash to not default on the [b]CBNs 65% loan to deposit ratio. [/b]People no gree come forward to collect loans and if they keep the [b]cash in excess of 35%, [/b]na sanction straight from CBN.

Hello sir.

I will appreciate if you can give a little explanation on the emboldened.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kereokwu(f): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2020
Hmmm, I'm already in. Anyways let me try them for 3months and see. I'm concerned about: capital preservation, flexibility of opting out at maturity and prompt customer service.
Thanks though

IyawoToBe:

It's the right page. Run from FBNQuest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rhames(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2020
ibechris:

I need a loan of up to N1 million as working capital for my bakery. What are your requirements? I am located in Kaduna. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2216) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: mk82(m), oluayebenz and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.