Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4424524 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Have you received anything yet?
ositadima1:

Me too, I am waiting for alert o, since my Tbill is on rollover I am expecting either interest or capital.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
damilola1978:
Have you received anything yet?

Not yet, have you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
I havent also
ositadima1:

Not yet, have you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
damilola1978:
I havent also

I am on rollover for 2 consecutive years, last year they credited the interest on 4th of April. Let's see.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
ukay2:

Very unlikely

I hope so.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
ositadima1:

I am on rollover for 2 consecutive years, last year they credited the interest on 4th of April. Let's see.
oh more like fixed deposit
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phraences: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
Bulaveur:

I'm with the SEC lagos office and I can confirm to you that there's no record of MBA forex registered with us.

Good day Sir. I just noticed this post of yours. SEC Nigeria just released 12 unlawful operators and MBA Forex and Investment Limited was listed as number 8. However, the popular one is called MBA TRADES AND CAPITAL INVESTMENT LIMITED and the investors are confused. Is it the same MBA owned by Maxwell Odum that is being referred to by SEC or a copycat?. Since you work there, can you confirm?? Sorry everyone for bringing this to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 9:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
Phraences:

Good day Sir. I just noticed this post of yours. SEC Nigeria just released 12 unlawful operators and MBA Forex and Investment Limited was listed as number 8. However, the popular one is called MBA TRADES AND CAPITAL INVESTMENT LIMITED and the investors are confused. Is it the same MBA owned by Maxwell Odum that is being referred to by SEC or a copycat?. Since you work there, can you confirm?? Sorry everyone for bringing this to this thread.

They are all the same

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
gogedda:

I guess both your HSBC account and the dorm account are UK accounts. Mine is Nigerian account. Infact my dorm account is GTbank, while the Naira I wish to convert and deposit in the dorm account is in my Stanbic account. How I wish the banks can allow that easy conversion and deposit between accounts.

domicillary was a UBA account. I have since made another transfer. costs 30 pounds each time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Guys sorry to derail but been thinking of securing a property/poperties in Lekki as a hedge against the Nigerian government doing vumm wonders with unending sale of debt instruments.

Here are my questions.;
1. Does anyone know how the location of ikota Lekki phase 1, is it far from Elegushi beach?
2. Is there any house agent here that can get a similar property below at a better price.
3. Is it a good idea to buy such properties?
4. Any unforseen risks of buying and owning such?..

The house and land ae sold by estate agents so the buyer pays, signs the documents and receives his house keys.
Thanks

1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
1: Which one is Ikota lekki phase 1? From what I know Ikota is closer to VGC than it is to lekki phase 1. Then Eleguishi beach I believe is in lekki and not too far from phase 1.
TotoNaRubber:
Guys sorry to derail but been thinking of securing a property/poperties in Lekki as a hedge against the Nigerian government doing vumm wonders with unending sale of debt instruments.

Here are my questions.;
1. Does anyone know how the location of ikota Lekki phase 1, is it far from Elegushi beach?
2. Is there any house agent here that can get a similar property below at a better price.

The house and land ae sold by estate agents so the buyer pays, signs the documents and receives his house keys.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 7:18am On Apr 03, 2020
I have no idea where the property is located but the agent is saying it is very close to Mega Chicken Lekki, i think the location of the property matters a lot, with these estate developers there seem to be so much fees, like when you buy the property it doesn't end there, there are at least N30k per month charges, is this normal and it makes me think twice for this investment.

ojesymsym:
1: Which one is Ikota lekki phase 1? From what I know Ikota is closer to VGC than it is to lekki phase 1. Then Eleguishi beach I believe is in lekki and not too far from phase 1.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

Here are my questions.;

Thanks

Estimate distance using Google maps. Travel time between these two locations can be anything from 20 mins to over an hour due to traffic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

Here are my questions.;

Thanks
Ikota is close to ajah. It shouldn't be called lekki phase1 at all.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davosky304: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

Here are my questions.;

Thanks

Am also interested in this, but awaiting answers cos I av same questions in mind
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2020
This is the correct description of the location. Maybe adding phase 1 is to give it more visibility and class. Not a bad location if you ask me, but if your mind is specifically about phase 1 (you also have to determine why it must be phase 1 anyway), then this is not phase 1.

TotoNaRubber:
I have no idea where the property is located but the agent is saying it is very close to Mega Chicken Lekki, i think the location of the property matters a lot, with these estate developers there seem to be so much fees, like when you buy the property it doesn't end there, there are at least N30k per month charges, is this normal and it makes me think twice for this investment.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2020
I've used Google map, most of the properties I've seen in this environment are said to be less than 25 mins drive from the hotspots in Lekki.
olujaidi:

Estimate distance using Google maps. Travel time between these two locations can be anything from 20 mins to over an hour due to traffic

That is my concern when I hear ikota it gives me concern this may be far from Lekki hotspots.
OgogoroFreak:
Ikota is close to ajah. It shouldn't be called lekki phase1 at all.

I believe most of the property agents just add Lekki phase 1 to give it more visibility but until someone visits the site physically then there will be more clear idea.
Personally I try to avoid Lekki phase 1 but very keen to secure one anywhere around Lekki phase 2 or Chevron, if I can find individual sellers to avoid all the estate agent monthly/annual fees or an estate with reasonable service charges then it will be good.

I saw a property in Lekki phase 1 fully furnished 2 bed apartment for N50 million but then I prefer a house.

ojesymsym:
This is the correct description of the location. Maybe adding phase 1 is to give it more visibility and class. Not a bad location if you ask me, but if your mind is specifically about phase 1 (you also have to determine why it must be phase 1 anyway), then this is not phase 1.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:22am On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
I've used Google map, most of the properties I've seen in this environment are said to be less than 25 mins drive from the hotspots in Lekki.
ikota is less than 5 mins drive from ajah.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2020
Agungi, Osapa London seem like areas you can check
TotoNaRubber:

That is my concern when I hear ikota it gives me concern this may be far from Lekki hotspots.

I believe most of the property agents just add Lekki phase 1 to give it more visibility but until someone visits the site physically then there will be more clear idea.
Personally I try to avoid Lekki phase 1 but very keen to secure one anywhere around Lekki phase 2 or Chevron, if I can find individual sellers to avoid all the estate agent monthly/annual fees or an estate with reasonable service charges then it will be good.

I saw a property in Lekki phase 1 fully furnished 2 bed apartment for N50 million but then I prefer a house.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 9:27am On Apr 03, 2020
TotoNaRubber:

The travel time in maps will be affected by the lockdown which is why I added the traffic factor. If it's any consolation, it's like 4-12 mins from Chevron depending your precise location in Ikota, chosen route, condition of roads on the route and traffic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Persons wanting to invest in property should wait a little,let the full weight of the global recession hit the system in next two months ....then cash is king....a 100m house might go for 60m....first hand lession from 2008 melt down

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Persons wanting to invest in property should wait a little,let the full weight of the global recession hit the system in next two months ....then cash is king....a 100m house might go for 60m....first hand lession from 2008 melt down

Flesh and blood wouldn't have revealed this to you sir!

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
CBN OMO Bills Receive COVID-19 Treatment as Traders 'Stay Home'
https://businesspost.ng/economy/cbns-omo-bills-get-covid-19-treatment-as-traders-stay-home/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by careerwoman(f): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2020
My Tbills is to expire first week in July. With the current trends, would it be wise to terminate investment now and buy dollars to keep in a dom account? I’m very much interested in preserving the spending power of my little savings. Which bank is preferable for dom acct opening and maintenance? If I deposit $5k would I be able to withdraw everything when I need it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
careerwoman:
My Tbills is to expire first week in July. With the current trends, would it be wise to terminate investment now and buy dollars to keep in a dom account? I’m very much interested in preserving the spending power of my little savings. Which bank is preferable for dom acct opening and maintenance? If I deposit $5k would I be able to withdraw everything when I need it?
wait a little for the opec meeting if the global cut of 15m barrel happen and bring in a swing in crude price ....u might take a loss if u buy dollars above 380...the cbn defending power is there .....their is build up demand after covid crisis .....better spread your asset base 2k dollars in dorm accounts @380 max , 380k in zenith share @10 naira , 380k in treasury bills ,380k in saving in gt at 4.2 percent ....u will be protected by God grace ( cos he the master planner)

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
I bought a 30m naira duplex for 23m naira during a cash crunch period ....in 2016....when a little growth happen 2.1 i put am for market for 45m first attempt....sold it for 36m in 2018 i even collect rent of 2.4m ......i no do any renovation , i only settle commission of 400 k

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
My hustling partner that remain with property business has exceeded a capital base of 200m using same strategy he friends to several local agent ..once there is a cheap bargin he called ....he is always very liquid or holds a very sellable property...he buy inherited property, distress sale , loan wahala ,broke owners, relocating people or during recession.......Never ever buy from an estate developer or a rich man ....it already over priced .....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
I really dont know for how long he can sustain the trend of getting such bargins but it seems inherited property is always available....he also have a bdc the bring in money for his daily needs to live ....he buys and wait then strike at zero pressure

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Am not a property fan , cos i prefer having an enterprise creating wealth , and value ....i luv thing like a filling station , a water factory, a bread bakery , drug producing firm or finance company etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Since most of the houses are overpriced, considering the current recession in the country rental income from Investment property might not be forthcoming except if you want to live in the house.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
wait a little for the opec meeting if the global cut of 15m barrel happen and bring in a swing in crude price ....u might take a loss if u buy dollars above 380...the cbn defending power is there .....their is build up demand after covid crisis .....better spread your asset base 2k dollars in dorm accounts @380 max , 380k in zenith share @10 naira , 380k in treasury bills ,380k in saving in gt at 4.2 percent ....u will be protected by God grace ( cos he the master planner)

When is this OPEC meeting?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.