Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4424499 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:32am On May 23, 2020
Sholapey:
To all parents

There was a very brilliant boy, he always scored 100% in Science.
Got Selected for IIT Madras and scored excellent in IIT.
Went to the University of California for MBA.
Got a high paying job in America and settled there.
Married a Beautiful Tamil Girl.
Bought a 5 room big house and luxury cars.
He had everything that make him successful but a few years ago he committed suicide after shooting his wife and children.

*WHAT WENT WRONG?*

California Institute of Clinical Psychology Studied his case and found “what went wrong?”

The researcher met the boy's friends and family and found that he lost his job due to America’s economic crisis and he had to sit without a job for a long time. After even reducing his previous salary amount, he didn't get any job. Then his house installment broke and he and his family lost the home. they survived a few months with less money and then he and his wife together decided to commit suicide. He first shot his wife and children and then shot himself.

The case concluded that the man was Programmed for success but he was not trained for handling failures.

Now let's come to the actual question, What are the habits of highly successful people?

First of all, there are many people who will tell you about success habits but today I want to tell you that even if you have achieved everything, yet there is a chance to lose everything, nobody knows when the next economic crisis will hit the world. The best success habit according to me is getting trained for handling failures.

I also request every parent, please not only program your child to be successful but teach them how to handle failures and also teach them proper lessons about life. Learning high-level science and maths will help them to clear competitive exams but a knowledge about life will help them to face every problem. Teach them about how money works instead of teaching them to work for money. Help them in finding their passion because these degrees will not help them in the next economic crisis and we don’t know when the next crisis will hit the world..

*"Success is a lousy teacher. Failure teaches you more."*

Thank you Madam.

Let me copy and share

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:47am On May 23, 2020
just2endowed:

Pls how can someone apply

Stockbroker or bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 10:53am On May 23, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:55am On May 23, 2020
sagio09:

I can help you to invest in FGN SUKUK. dm me ur mail.

Oga, he can do it himself.

No private message please.

Just guide him here let everyone sees it

Thanks

25 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:59am On May 23, 2020
Manwarrior55:

Sir, so after filling out the form do we submit it to our banks directly or we need to take it to the financial advisers first?

This is my first time of buying bonds so I’d appreciate if you can direct me appropriately. Thanks.

Submit it yourself to the banks or stockbroker listed in the form.

Make sure you have the amount you want to invest in your account and ensure the bank or stockbroker debit your account to CBN before the deadline for the application

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 11:02am On May 23, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On May 23, 2020
Good morning great minds, I got debit alert from my union bank account. Realise its for debit card, charge for the card, charged for card maintenance and charged VAT for both items. During this period I have been isolated due to covid 19 as a requirement. Never requested for card as I don't need a card for that account. Since am not around to go confront them, being trying to use their online help lines to address the issue since 20th of may but yielded no result as the handlers both messenger and WhatsApp is telling me I have to accept the deduction and go get my card. I don't need a card, my question is, is it Mandatory to own a debit card now in Nigeria? If not please kindly advise how to address the fraud now that its just few thousand before they remove millions because as it stands am sharing the account with Union bank that they could unilaterally take any amount at anytime from the account. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 11:09am On May 23, 2020
ukay2:

Stockbroker or bank

Can I use stanbic ibtcy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:13am On May 23, 2020
Maybe you can start by transferring all the money from the account as a co-owner of the account.
Barrytone:
Good morning great minds, I got debit alert from my union bank account. Realise its for debit card, charge for the card, charged for card maintenance and charged VAT for both items. During this period I have been isolated due to covid 19 as a requirement. Never requested for card as I don't need a card for that account. Since am not around to go confront them, being trying to use their online help lines to address the issue since 20th of may but yielded no result as the handlers both messenger and WhatsApp is telling me I have to accept the deduction and go get my card. I don't need a card, my question is, is it Mandatory to own a debit card now in Nigeria? If not please kindly advise how to address the fraud now that its just few thousand before they remove millions because as it stands am sharing the account with Union bank that they could unilaterally take any amount at anytime from the account. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2020
ukay2:

Oga, he can do it himself.

No private message please.

Just guide him here let everyone sees it

Thanks

So that his money won't enter voice mail

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2020
9jatriot:
Maybe you can start by transferring all the money from the account as a co-owner of the account.

Please explain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Burchester: 11:21am On May 23, 2020
blithe:

Good afternoon Sir, would you recommend the FGN sukuk for a a new bee just staring out in the investment and bonds stuff?.I saw the offer for subscription yesterday and I want to ask if an individual with no experience in it can invest.

Does this mean 11.20% per annum interest. And is it compound interest for 7 years ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:21am On May 23, 2020
Barrytone:

It is compulsory with most banks that one should have an ATM card. They will also withdraw about N60 every month as ATM monthly charges by the bank.

Don't deal anybody concerning your ATM via the phone, find time to visit the nearest Union Bank branch

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2020
He said, Union bank issued an ATM card which he never requested for and in his words, by implication, he is now a co-owner of the account with Unionbank, so I am suggesting that he can transfer the funds out incase it was one unscrupulous bank staff that issued the card.

emmanuelewumi:

Please explain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2020
Well, I don't have an ATM with some of my accounts. Firstbank, Zenith, Sterling.

emmanuelewumi:

It is compulsory with most banks that one should have an ATM card. They will also withdraw about N60 every month as ATM monthly charges by the bank.

Don't deal anybody concerning your ATM via the phone, find time to visit the nearest Union Bank branch
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2020
9jatriot:
He said, Union bank issued an ATM card which he never requested for and in his words, by implication, he is now a co-owner of the account with Unionbank, so I am suggesting that he can transfer the funds out incase it was one unscrupulous bank staff that issued the card.

It is now compulsory for most bank personal accounts, except corporate accounts.

One of the ways banks are making easy money every month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:26am On May 23, 2020
Manwarrior55:

Thanks for your kind response sir.

I also do not have the CSCS number I am just reading online how to get one but I would appreciate if you can direct me accordingly.

If you have stockbroker account, put in the CSCS details

If your using bank like Stanbic Ibtc, you may not need to worry yourself with the cscs details since the bank will have custody of your funds with CBN. All your interest payments and capital repayment will still be paid as at when due. Just fill the other aspects of the form.

I bought FGN Bonds with stanbic ibtc some years ago without cscs details and I got all my coupons and capital repayment at maturity.

Though I have all the CSCS details now with my stockbroker.

Note: am not investing in this FGN Suku bond

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:29am On May 23, 2020
9jatriot:
Well, I don't have an ATM with some of my accounts. Firstbank, Zenith, Sterling.

You must be lucky, are they corporate accounts?

Is your branch in Lagos?

If you are in Lagos and you want to withdraw 90k from a First Bank banking hall, you will be directed to the ATM.

Withdrawals of 100k and above are allowed in the banking hall

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 11:35am On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

He will buy at the prevailing International price of the commodity. But producing the refined products in Nigeria, will save us the forex used in importing refined petroleum products into the country

Wont we also be buying the refined petroleum products from Dangote in dollars? Or will there be a policy in place to ensure that the dollars dont go offshore?

Also, if Dangote increases Crude Oil processing, wont he, at some point, need more quantities than Nigeria can produce? If that happens, wont he then need to request FOREX from the government to buy crude from other producing countries?

Pardon my many questions...i am just looking at different perspectives to the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2020
All personal accounts. My corporate of course does not have ATM.
I have my operational accounts GTB and UBA for my cash movements while those other ones mentioned earlier are simply for storage and investments. So, rarely do I need them for simple withdrawal like 90k. If the transaction can be done online I do it online by either paying from them or sending the money to my operational accounts.
For investment that requires filling of forms, I either fill, scan and send or enter the banking hall.
emmanuelewumi:

You must be lucky, are they corporate accounts?

Is your branch in Lagos?

If you are in Lagos and you want to withdraw 90k from a First Bank banking hall, you will be directed to the ATM.

Withdrawals of 100k and above are allowed in the banking hall
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:36am On May 23, 2020
Barrytone:

Some banks makes ATM card compulsory;maybe UBN is among.

You know they make money from the debit card and maintenance fee too.

Just collect the CARD, change your pin and move on.

Nothing will happen to your funds if you protect your security checks well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:38am On May 23, 2020
just2endowed:

Can I use stanbic ibtcy

If stanbic ibtc is among the banks mentioned in the advert, it means you can use it Sir.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:40am On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is now compulsory for most bank personal accounts, except corporate accounts.

One of the ways banks are making easy money every month.

Yes Sir

Banks too want make money from personal account holders
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Wont we also be buying the refined petroleum products from Dangote in dollars? Or will there be a policy in place to ensure that the dollars dont go offshore?

Also, if Dangote increases Crude Oil processing, wont he, at some point, need more quantities than Nigeria can produce? If that happens, wont he then need to request FOREX from the government to buy crude from other producing countries?

Pardon my many questions...i am just looking at different perspectives to the situation.

We will buy in Naira, the cost of production will reduce because we are refining the product in Nigeria and will also create jobs for Nigerians. Forex spent importing refined petroleum products into the country will also be conserved
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:44am On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We will buy in Naira, the cost of production will reduce because we are refining the product in Nigeria and will also create jobs for Nigerians. Forex spent importing refined petroleum products into the country will also be conserved

Mmmmmm

Sir, Dangote may request we buy in dollars oo

Hope FGN has agreement with him that we will be buying in naira
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sleekender(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2020
Can you please refer me to these shipping companies ?

OgogoroFreak:
I don't ship from China but some shipping companies can help you with that. You pay Naira and they help you send Rmb equivalent to your seller.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2020
ukay2:

Mmmmmm

Sir, Dangote may request we buy in dollars oo

Hope FGN has agreement with him that we will be buying in naira

Talking about the pump price.

Crude oil for local consumption will be bought at the prevailing price of the commodity in the international market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:55am On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Talking about the pump price.

Crude oil for local consumption will be bought at the prevailing price of the commodity in the international market

Ok Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiswag(f): 11:59am On May 23, 2020
Thanks everyone that replied my earlier post,I really appreciate. Seems d FGN sukuk bonds looks promising.
Will look into that. Thanks again y'all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 23, 2020
Will close the account when I return by June ending. What it means, if I run 20 different banks account, I will be giving over 15k naira annually for card maintenance alone. Reason i don't keep ATM in all my account is to manage the account. Having access to certain account could spell doom in some situation. UBA did same when they were busy charging me twice a month for a single card and when I asked for closure after 3 times, the account is still running with 99 naira and they can't charge again. A fraud is a fraud, you are not supposed to touch my money without my consent.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 12:37pm On May 23, 2020
Burchester:

Does this mean 11.20% per annum interest. And is it compound interest for 7 years ??

It will not be compounded
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 1:12pm On May 23, 2020
Barrytone:
Access Bank has been deducting N53.75 monthly for card maintenance i did not apply for cause i don't need it for now and they have been disturbing me with calls for pick up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.