Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427535 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Whilst i agree that victim hood leads no where, you must be dreaming to think things operate on a level playing field where you hypotonise yourself to greatness without the powers that be putting you back in your place.

Is it a coincidence that 4 billion people out of the global population live in abject poverty?

And well said
You get my point
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
We are not gonna be surprised if govt should default in paying investors who invested in Euro bonds and other investments in foreign currencies. I have said it before that if you dont have kids schooling abroad or you are not into importation of any goods into Nigeria, you don't have any business investing with foreign currencies in Nigeria or worrying yourself over the high increase of dollar. Investing with foreign currencies should be strictly reserved for foreign investors.

In spite of the challenges naira is going through at the moment, it is still far better to invest in naira than in foreign currencies. It is time for CBN and our govt to start cracking down companies paying staffs with foreign currencies in Nigeria. I mean, there are lots of measures we must put in place to abolish this systemic dollarization of our economy, because we dont print dollars and any little lack of it in circulation will put a huge burden on our economy.

PresidentBuhari:
Euro bond investors take note, the CBN and banks now have a backlog of settling foreign debt obligations, there is currently up to a six months delay or more.

If you have Eurobonds investment or foreign currency denominated debt instrument, attempt to withdraw from it and give us an update.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hypnotise: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Whilst i agree that victim hood leads no where, you must be dreaming to think things operate on a level playing field where you hypnotise yourself to greatness without the powers that be putting you back in your place.

Is it a coincidence that 4 billion people out of the global population live in abject poverty?

I beg to differ
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hypnotise:
I beg to differ

You beg to differ?

cheesy grin

Please roll out your points like most of us have taken the time to
Let's hear what you have to say, and your argument

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
Donbrig:
We are not gonna be surprised if govt should default in paying investors who invested in Euro bonds and other investments in foreign currencies. I have said it before that if you dont have kids schooling abroad or you are not into importation of any goods into Nigeria, you don't have any business investing with foreign currencies in Nigeria or worrying yourself over the high increase of dollar. Investing with foreign currencies should be strictly reserved for foreign investors.

In spite of the challenges naira is going through at the moment, it is still far better to invest in naira than in foreign currencies. It is time for CBN and our govt to start cracking down companies paying staffs with foreign currencies in Nigeria. I mean, there are lots of measures we must put in place to abolish this systemic dollarization of our economy, because we dont print dollars and any little lack of it in circulation will put a huge burden on our economy.

I beg to disagree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
I understand your line of disagreement, maybe I am just too patriotic, I love Nigeria I nor go lie. I just received my coupon from my Jan 2022 bond, it has never taken more than 24 working hours to get interests or coupons from all my naira investments.

DexterousOne:

I beg to disagree

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
It"s the last one on this list, the FGN just paid it now. I noticed there is a difference of N20k from this coupon payment compared to the last coupon 6 months ago. Today's coupon is less, is this usual?

Thanks

ukay2:

Sir, it depends on the one you bought :

7.144% FGNSB 15 January 2022...payment dates 15th Jan and 15th Jul till 2022

13.125% FGNSB 16 January 2022....payment dates...16th Jan and 16th Jul till 2022

16.39% FGN BOND 27 January 2022..payment dates...27th Jan and 27th Jul till 2022
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Donbrig:
I understand your line of disagreement, maybe I am just too patriotic, I love Nigeria I nor go lie. I just received my coupon from my Jan 2022 bond, it has never taken more than 24 working hours to get interests or coupons from all my naira investments.

E de sweet you a bi.......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
PresidentBuhari:
It"s the last one on this list, the FGN just paid it now. I noticed there is a difference of N20k from this coupon payment compared to the last coupon 6 months ago. Today's coupon is less, is this usual?

Thanks

Is not supposed to be.

Recalculate your figures let's see or type the figures you invested let the bond gurus here help us.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
It is very normal sir, pls check the date you were paid 6 months ago, you might discover that the coupon came about 2 to 3 days late and the interest from that 2 or 3 days is often added. But if you get your coupon today the 27th July which is the exact date stipulated in your contract, the amount you received today should be your normal coupon. If DMO had delayed it for few more days, perhaps you would have had some few thousands added to it.

I have experienced same as well and asked my bank the reasons for the discrepancy and I was enlightened about it.

PresidentBuhari:

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
Donbrig:

Its good to he patriotic cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
PresidentBuhari:

Thanks

It may be their stupid stamp duty charges.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oladforever: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
If you want to start or expand your business and you're seeking finance for your business/project, you'll need to show banks and investors why they should invest in your business.
Lenders and investors will only risk their time and money if they're confident that your project/business will be successful and profitable.
A thorough and well-researched project proposal or business plan:
• shows that you’re serious about your business
• helps lenders and investors to understand your business idea
• shows your predicted profits and income streams.
Your marketing plan is also a crucial part of helping you to attract funds.

Why don't you reach us today for your detailed project proposal or business plan at an affordable price

Email: dolapathglobal@gmail.com
Call/Whatsapp: 08067627940
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Donbrig:
It is time for CBN and our govt to start cracking down companies paying staffs with foreign currencies in Nigeria.

This is not it boss. These companies earn in USD and it's very easy for them to pay in USD.

1. It saves them the stress of having to keep up with exchange rates in each of their jurisdiction.
2. Using USD for all their expenses makes their reporting and accounting easier to do.
3. Market rates for such roles are based on USD.

I'm not even sure the companies paying in foreign currency are up to 1% sef, so that's not the issue Sir/Ma.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tumbulum: 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
niyoni:
From Treasury Bill's thread to General topics thread.

Of a truth, the only constant in life is change!

Rest in peace to Treasury Bill's.

Please let's observe a minute of silence for Miss TB.

May her crashed soul rest in perfect piss grin grin

At least, until the day of her resurrection.
I bought her a nice casket for her befitting burial till the resurrection day.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
Emefiele knows nothing and all of these could have been better managed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Duty stamp is not a problem at all, in spite of the huge sum in my acct, it is only 50naira they have removed as duty stamp so far.

Sholapey:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
I concur sir, I just hope and pray CBN comes up with a long-term solution to stabilize naira and get rid of over-dependence on dollar in our system.

Tobex4realTobex234:

This is not it boss. These companies earn in USD and it's very easy for them to pay in USD.

1. It saves them the stress of having to keep up with exchange rates in each of their jurisdiction.
2. Using USD for all their expenses makes their reporting and accounting easier to do.
3. Market rates for such roles are based on USD.

I'm not even sure the companies paying in foreign currency are up to 1% sef, so that's not the issue Sir/Ma.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

That central bank governor does not know what he is doing again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
I think that is the case, i just checked my bank statement, the last coupon was due on the 27th jan but was paid on 30th jan hence i got 20k more.
This coupon is due today and was paid today so i got less.

Donbrig:
It is very normal sir, pls check the date you were paid 6 months ago, you might discover that the coupon came about 2 to 3 days late and the interest from that 2 or 3 days is often added. But if you get your coupon today the 27th July which is the exact date stipulated in your contract, the amount you received today should be your normal coupon. If DMO had delayed it for few more days, perhaps you would have had some few thousands added to it.

I have experienced same as well and asked my bank the reasons for the discrepancy and I was enlightened about it.

The settlement date as you stated last week is today, i guess getting paid on the day coupon is due compared to getting paid few days later attracts some difference. The amount will be difficult to calculate but it's N20m initial capital. If you go through your bank statement and compare dates and amount, if you notice changes in the payment dates and changes in coupon amount for the two payments, it is likely what donbrig said.

ukay2:

Is not supposed to be.

Recalculate your figures let's see or type the figures you invested let the bond gurus here help us.

The bulk came in with no stamp duty charge on the bank statement, i will check the statement again in a few days to see if any stamp duty charge was applied.
Sholapey:

Thanks to you all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adebowale1616: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Good evening everyone, pls do anyone knows about "my savings plan basic with insurance cover" in Zenith bank ?

Pls how good is it and any risk involve ? Although i have been to the bank to make my enquiry but you know bank people are looking for their own customers, they might not disclose all what one should know.

I wanted to go for a fixed deposit before, but i was told they are not taking new fixed deposit for now, probably the interest is too low now.

Please i need urgent response on this.

And iam so sorry if i have deviated from the thread topic, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Emefelie is not the problem. The problem is the "Nigerian System" of BORROW Borrow borrow. Kemi Adeosun added fire to this borrow madness, now all Bubu knows is let us keep borrowing. When you borrow, you have to have repayment projects to repay already existing debts but Nigeria keep borowing to repay debts.

The US dollar is performing very badly against all major currencies at the international market. Infact, investors at the international US market are dumping USD in exchange for stronger performing economies like Europe. This is because of the tug of war between US and China over Covid-19, US investors are not confident in the US market now.
In the UK Pounds is performing badly too due to Brexit negotiations with the EU is not looking good, the best performing currency now is the EURO( the EU launched 750 billion EUROS stimulus package 2 days ago for member EU states to use in recovering from Covid.

So you see, there is problem everywhere, Nigeria is always the country to suffer the most due to non productive projects and embezzlement culture across the country.

My people said if you keep sleeping with a young woman unprotected, one day you go give am belle.

Tobex4realTobex234:

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CsRockefeller(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

How did he become a CBN Governor?

Too many incompetent hands handling the finance of this administration.

What's the pedigree of the current Finance Minister?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iogobenz(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
What could you have done differently?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uchefrancis16(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
unite4real:

Lotus Captal and FBNQUEST were the Financial advisers. Your brokers only acted as middlemen between you and them. So it's in order to have it on Lotus letter heading.

After sometimes when the coupon start arriving you will not remember the letter as it serves majorly to remind you of your investment.

Meanwhile without the CSCS, trading it becomes a Herculean task but your coupons are sure.

Hello Unite4real

I made my own sukuk payment through Stanbic and sent the form to fbn quest which they acknowledged receipt of the form.

However, up till now I never hear anything. Is there not suppose to be a message showing if it was successful or something?

No proof of investment whatsoever. I also heard it was oversubscribed, ain’t they supposed to return the oversubscribed amount to me?

This is my first time buying sukuk. Pls permit my ignorance. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:48am On Jul 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

White supremacists voted him into power
Especially in the Deep (Cursed) South

He represents every thing that they love
What did you expect?
Look at his policy
Look at his rhetoric
So shameless

For these white supremacists, he is standing for what many of them are too scared to stand for , lest they will be cancelled kpata kpata.

Look at what happened in Charlottesville
He said "there are good people on both sides"

Cos he does not want to anger his base

To think many Nigerians love a scumbag like him is just ridiculous

Now we had an American president who was fighting vehemently to keep the bases named after traitors
Even signing executive orders hurriedly to save the statue of traitors

He is the guy that these white supremacists thought will put blacks back in their place of being "firewood"

Now it has all backfired
Cos the consciousness of the global back community has risen so high
Thanks Trump grin cheesy
We appreciate tongue

@Nigsrdumb
@Cyberknight

What do you have to say about this?

Love to hear your perspectives

Stop watching CNN. It would do you a lot of good
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 1:52am On Jul 28, 2020
afroxyz:

And what makes you think I watch CNN?

The topic has passed, maybe you should let it go....
Or if you do not want to let it go, lay out your own points/counter points to disprove what I said

Let's see

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 5:44am On Jul 28, 2020
@LordAdam16, Dexterousone and co

Do you at some point copied and pasted for us? If not
I can only say "nna eh"
Historians sha dey

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 7:53am On Jul 28, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Hello Unite4real

I made my own sukuk payment through Stanbic and sent the form to fbn quest which they acknowledged receipt of the form.

However, up till now I never hear anything. Is there not suppose to be a message showing if it was successful or something?

No proof of investment whatsoever. I also heard it was oversubscribed, ain’t they supposed to return the oversubscribed amount to me?

I will advise you contact the bank or even the Lotuscapital / FBN quest. I bought through my stockbroker and I’ve seen received my letter. If you are a retail investor/ individual investor, there’s a high probability that you got a full allotment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2020
Uchefrancis16:

Hello Unite4real

the response from Uchefrancis16 is ok to go with. I am certain you were alloted. its also possible u were sent a mail. Try looking at your spam folder for the mail. if u cannot find it, reach out to FBNQuest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2020
afroxyz:

Which one make he dey watch... AIT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: oluayebenz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.