Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427713 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

In elementary science we were taught the state of matter.

They can be in gaseous form, liquid form and solid form.

Money in your pocket or ATM linked bank account are in gaseous form, money in fixed deposit, Treasury Bill, business and money market are in liquid form, money that are well invested in income generating assets or Investments are in solid form.

Gases evaporates easily, when liquid reaches it boiling point it can also turn to gases or vapour.

It is important to know how to allocate money into the various states, that is gaseous forms, liquid forms and solid forms

Fleah and blood did not reveal this to you.

Money is energy and can exist in different forms.

we earn compound intetesr on money, but compound interest also applies to our thoughts and actions

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Most of the people here like myself are from real sector.
Give the guy update na.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Naxo.

Life boring without highness grin
Swears!lol.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2021
SeaTrade:
You people and generational wealth ehn.
There is no formula to build wealth,rather riches.
It comes by chance and opportunity.
It is possible for a hardworking Guy or lady to own 100m naira in his/her lifetime,but can you give me a workable strategy to being a billionaire in your lifetime? undecided
A workable one please and not some fantasy BS.
When I'm 40,i will buy a brand new S class and start balling so hard ,vacations,etc...
If my children like,make them no work hard,make them dey look for who go build generational wealth for them lol.
I pity them in advance.
Proverbs 13:22: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.”

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 8:11am On Feb 22, 2021
afroxyz:

Well,I'm not a good man. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2021
SeaTrade:
Give the guy update na.
I no go fit give am details of my business ni nau.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2021
lol.... U de craze I swear, which kind answer be dis?

U know what, I kind of agree to a certain extent to your philosophy that u can't hustle all your hustle just for the sake of your off springs to the extent you do not even enjoy life for yourself. Work non de finish, they themselves must hustle for themself albeit they will not be starting from the very bottom.

I just came across this post below almost at same time as your post and it explains what can happen when your kids where parents have done all the work for you can become, Too much time on your hands, many of which will not be used for productive use,

SeaTrade:

I had a talk with my oldest daughter a few months back. A ceratain young man had been around her.... I noticed she had begun to "hang out" in the evenings more often after work and, can now take Smirnoff ice (a soft alcoholic drink) I crashed in on her phone conversations many times and they were mentally exhausting. She was always explaining herself to this character. I recognised a pattern. I knew I had to cut the rope and crash the bridge. A 22yrs old did not deserve such mental stress. Heck! No human should have to deal with insecure friends or partner. Our talk revealed the most. I told her the words of my father when my ex came begging. "Every relationship affects you either positively or negatively". It is not a lie that a person is as good as the company they keep. This boy (new money) is a highschool friend turned lover and a son of a serving Senator. He did not do any work, but had his father's money and cars to live on. Not that there is anything wrong in resting on one's father's riches. But they were world's apart in principles and values. She, an aspiring cosmetic surgeon, understood the importance of work. She was secretary in her organization and often delivered pitches or seminars at top government parastatals. She had a crowded itinerary, he didn't.
I told her "he will bring you down to basic, leave him now".

If you are with a partner or friend whose face does not light up in excitement when they hear of your dreams and successes, you are in the wrong company.
She eventually found a reason to cut ties and all is peace again.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:19am On Feb 22, 2021
SeaTrade:
Lol. I guess that settles it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2021
ojesymsym:
lol.... U de craze I swear, which kind answer be dis?

U know what, I kind of agree to a certain extent to your philosophy that u can't hustle all your hustle just for the sake of your off springs to the extent you do not even enjoy life for yourself. Work non de finish, they themselves must hustle for themself albeit they will not be starting from the very bottom.

I just came across this post below almost at same time as your post and it explains what can happen when your kids where parents have done all the work for you can become, Too much time on your hands, many of which will not be used for productive use,

If the Japanese decided to let their children hustke from the scratch, i wonder if we would know abouy the Toyotas and Suzukis. Build generational wealth, also instil generational principles in your kids. Principles and ideas also have compound interest.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2021
The Japnese are one of the most hardworking people on earth bros, as a matter of fact, their children are usually groomed to take over their businesses. Their kids start working at around age 16.

See Otedola children all turn DJ, na that one u wan take compare Japan.
afroxyz:

If the Japanese decided to let their children hustke from the scratch, i wonder if we would know abouy the Toyotas and Suzukis. Build generational wealth, also instil generational principles in your kids. Principles and ideas also have compound interest.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2021
ojesymsym:
The Japnese are one of the most hardworking people on earth bros, as a matter of fact, their children are usually groomed to take over their businesses. Their kids start working at around age 16.

See Otedola children all turn DJ, na that one u wan take compare Japan.

Exactly what I'm saying. Despite the wealth they (japanese) always instil the principles in their children. Why can't we replicate the same in our kids instead of thinking that they would be unprodutive and docile? It is the failure of the parents, poor work ethic and a culture of show-off that is affecting us

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2021
100%.

The truth is that, most of the wealth Africans want to acquire is mostly to showoff and oppress the people around us.

afroxyz:

Exactly what I'm saying. Despite the wealth they (japanese) always instil the principles in their children. Why can't we replicate the same in our kids instead of thinking that they would be unprodutive and docile? It is the failure of the parents, poor work ethic and a culture of show-off that is affecting us

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2021
ojesymsym:
100%.

The truth is that, most of the wealth Africans want to acquire is mostly to showoff and oppress the people around us.

The reason we dont have generational companies ala generatuonal wealth. One man's simple investment and savings principles taught to his kids can impact his unborn generations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2021
What your esperience can you share?
igbizen:

Are you into rental properties
Experience Dey say is the best teacher.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2021
Everything na scam when the same cry.pto came it was a scam, them do p2p is a scam, Oduwa coin is out, no make pant dey wear you
ositadima1:

They have facilitated scammers. If u use P2P without a solid escrow, u are on ur own.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

People are on 60% or lower pay for the past 10 months.

Real Estate might not be the best alternative for a cash flow Investor at this point in time. With my due diligence, I am currently operating at 70% capacity as per expected income. The income are even coming in arrears instead of advance, but better than others.

I am better off with cash flow from SFS REIT and UPDC REIT than from rental income.
What the minimum amount one can use to invest in the bolded

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Exumal: 8:53am On Feb 22, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
ok got it .....but the main money is not in runing any pharmacy it in open market pharmatical trade (whole sales)....like those ibo chaps that sell inside the markets that distribute pharmaceutical products on behind of drugs company

They may be balling but pharmacies that run both retail and wholesales are the real ballers. You won't understand much until you enter the full market.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2021
lavylilly:
What the minimum amount one can use to invest in the bolded
REITs are traded like shares. You can confirm from your broker
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2021
Exumal:

They may be balling but pharmacies that run both retail and wholesales are the real ballers. You won't understand much until you enter the full market.
i dont like the statement they may be ? It either they are or not......all the baller i know are owners of certain brand that do importation and large scale distribution to pharmacies .....then some labanese that own malls that sell drugs and supermarket items
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Exumal: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
i dont like the statement they may be ? It either they are or not......all the baller i know are owners of certain brand that do importation and large scale distribution to pharmacies .p...then some labanese that own malls that sell drugs and supermarket items

importers are at another level oh. Those one big more minimum net value should be around 100-200 million. I'm talking of a young business man with like 10 million and can make the same 10 million within 2 years.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2021
To run a Pharmacy, one has to have a pharmacy license and all of that, does that apply to importers too?

Exumal:

importers are at another level oh. Those one big more minimum net value should be around 100-200 million. I'm talking of a young business man with like 10 million and can make the same 10 million within 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Exumal: 10:30am On Feb 22, 2021
ojesymsym:
To run a Pharmacy, one has to have a pharmacy license and all of that, does that apply to importers too?

yes sir, even manufacturing companies in Nigeria requires one. Getting a license is not that hard nau.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:34am On Feb 22, 2021
afroxyz:

What about those who left debts for their children

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2021
Lobatan, money don waka.

The labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2021
grin grin grin Owo wo gbo
emmanuelewumi:
Lobatan, money don waka.

The labour of our heroes past, shall never be in vain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What about those who left debts for their children

How Is it even possible to leave debts for one’s children? If I take out a loan to buy a house and I die, the bank will just take the house. Same as any other physical asset that I pledge as collateral. Infact, company debts die with the company if the company dies when the owner dies.

Banks and creditors don’t go after the children of debtors to pay loans. If you die and your collateral does not suffice, the bank is on its own.

This is 2021. Not 1021 BC grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

How Is it even possible to leave debts for one’s children? If I take out a loan to buy a house and I die, the bank will just take the house. Same as any other physical asset that I pledge as collateral. How then will my children be responsible for my debts?

Banks and creditors don’t go after the children of debtors to pay loans. If you die and your collateral does not suffice, the bank is on its own.

This is 2021. Not 1021 BC grin
Muat not be bank credit,what of credit that was collected from relatives or everyday people?
Don't you think they will go after your family after your demise?

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

How Is it even possible to leave debts for one’s children? If I take out a loan to buy a house and I die, the bank will just take the house. Same as any other physical asset that I buy. How then will my children be responsible for my debts?

This is 2021 sir. Not 1021 BC grin

People leave debts and liabilities for their children.

Even parents with Investments leave debts, but the Investments can be sold to liquidate the debt.

A Niger Delta man sold his two houses at Ikorodu and became a tenant in the area because he doesn't want to leave anything for his children.

He thought he would die in 3 years time, but lived for another 7 years. He spent the later part of his life in abject poverty and ill health. Thank God for good Samaritans and religious organizations who later gave him free accommodation ie the man who bought his house

When he died his children inherited hospital bill of almost N2 million.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2021
SeaTrade:
Muat not be bank credit,what of credit that was collected from relatives or everyday people?
Don't you think they will go after your family after your demise?

Which kain individuals go after children of dead men to pay debts of their deceased parents? This is 2021 o. You take those mofos to court now angry

No be those things wey we dey see for Africa Magic Epic o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Which kain individuals go after children of dead men to pay debts of their deceased parents? This is 2021 o. You take those mofos to court now angry

No be those things wey we dey see for Africa Magic Epic o grin
Its like you've been cooconed in luxury or fantasy too much to be thinking this is Disneyland.
If streets give you bread on credit and you think you can die on the debt,sorry.
Them go pester your family sotey and even threaten to wreak havoc ,una no go know when una sell off property to repay .
Streets no get process,it is usually the one who has the bigger stick that wins .
If you doubt me ,go borrow from loan sharks and die and see what will happen.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 22, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

People leave debts and liabilities for their children.

Even parents with Investments leave debts, but the Investments can be sold to liquidate the debt.

A Niger Delta man sold his two houses at Ikorodu and became a tenant in the area because he doesn't want to leave anything for his children.

He thought he would die in 3 years time, but lived for another 7 years. He spent the later part of his life in abject poverty and ill health. Thank God for good Samaritans and religious organizations who later gave him free accommodation ie the man who bought his house

When he died his children inherited hospital bill of almost N2 million.

My Oga, legally, you cannot pass debts to your children. If your estate (including your assets and investments) cannot pay for your debts, liabilities and hospital bills, then the creditors are on their own. This is 2021 sir.

Now some people with debts try to hide their assets from their estate (for their children) so that when they die, their creditors cannot touch these assets. That’s illegal and an entirely different ball game.

By the way, I’m not talking about people involved in dealings with criminals for streets o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 22, 2021
SeaTrade:
Its like you've been cooconed in luxury or fantasy too much to be thinking this is Disneyland.
If streets give you bread on credit and you think you can die on the debt,sorry.
Them go pester your family sotey and even threaten to wreak havoc ,una no go know when una sell off property to repay .
Streets no get process,it is usually the one who has the bigger stick that wins .
If you doubt me ,go borrow from loan sharks and die and see what will happen.

Thankfully, I don’t come from family wey dey do deals with criminals for streets wink

But I feel you sha... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Wotowotoman and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.