Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426395 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:43pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Sharing of the money is not even the issue. They will start demanding for a sharing of the rooms in the properties instead of money so that they will start answering landlords or roomlords. At the end of the day, the property is not maintained because nobody owns the compound as each person owns a room or rooms.
The bolded kills property faster. In the end, they will eventually sell the house or patch it till the relevant authority comes for it.

I had a friend who had the same experience, he left the property for the siblings and today he own two properties in Sango-Ota and Ikorodu.

I also have a cousin like that and I told him, leave your father's house otherwise you will be lazy, today his forever greatful for such advise

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Sharing of the money is not even the issue. They will start demanding for a sharing of the rooms in the properties instead of money so that they will start answering landlords or roomlords. At the end of the day, the property is not maintained because nobody owns the compound as each person owns a room or rooms.

Haba rooms in your grandma's house, their parents equally have houses the grandchildren equally have at least a house or real estate investment.

I tell people, income from inherited assets should be reinvested you only spend the returns on the reinvested fund. When you need income from inherited assets to pay your bills, you have a very big problem.

It is even the property manager that advises me to increase the house rent that what the tenants are paying is 60% of the current rate

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by otomatic(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2021
I find this present discussion very educative. I'm paying close attention. Keep the flow, gentlemen.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 12:47pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Haba rooms in your grandma's house, their parents equally have houses the grandchildren equally have at least a house or real estate investment.

I tell people, income from inherited assets should be reinvested you only spend the returns on the reinvested fund. When you need income from inherited assets to pay your bills, you have a very big problem.

It is even the property manager that advises me to increase the house rent that what the tenants are paying is 60% of the current rate
E dey, the friend I shared his experience above, the siblings children are married in that same house. You have 8 different landlords for just one house.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:52pm On May 26, 2021
Exactly. You know every...
NL1960:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2021
Will there be an auction for TB tomorrow?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 1:35pm On May 26, 2021
ojesymsym:
Why una like to de curse una country like this? They say words have power. Imagine about 100 million people saying their country will never get better and they do it more than once a day, nature will just mark that country as one that says it will not get better.

There is a reason why America end their speeches with God bless America. It is a declaration of faith.

Too many educated illiterate in Nigeria.... don't you know?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 1:40pm On May 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Oga Emma, e be like say Dangote wan preserve generational wealth while Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are giving theirs away sad

Emmanuelewumi

Dangote need to be smart....
The hatred in Nigeria no be here!

I noticed poor people are now blaming the rich for their unfortunate

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2021
Damolux01:

Today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2021
efismikoko:

Today
Can i still get to my Bank so as to participate please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:21pm On May 26, 2021
oluayebenz:

Dangote need to be smart....
The hatred in Nigeria no be here!

I noticed poor people are now blaming the rich for their unfortunate

Very true. Even the people wey their papa squander all they had in � parlor ...Instead of them to take dressing..No na only hate people wey get money around them.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 3:22pm On May 26, 2021
Damolux01:

By the calender, there should be an auction this week except something changed..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emndy(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Not at all.

I don't check them everyday and when I do, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes

Oga Emma, no eurobond/dollar fund? Any particular reason why?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2021
Emndy:

Oga Emma, no eurobond/dollar fund? Any particular reason why?

I am on it, preferably with United Capital.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 4:31pm On May 26, 2021
freeman67:

Very true. Even the people wey their papa squander all they had in � parlor ...Instead of them to take dressing..No na only hate people wey get money around them.

Honestly, the way some people reason ehn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 4:37pm On May 26, 2021
oluayebenz:

Honestly, the way some people reason ehn

It's human nature to always want to throw blams on another person when something happens

If you see they way those guys that sit under mango tree look at me when I am driving out, almost as if I stole their inheritance, while I work hard when they sleep and gist

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 4:42pm On May 26, 2021
richforever123:

It's human nature to always want to throw blams on another person when something happens

If you see they way those guys that sit under mango tree look at me when I am driving out, almost as if I stole their inheritance, while I work hard when they sleep and gist

Lol
Sleep, drink ogogoro and make babies cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 4:44pm On May 26, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Why should I? To gain what exactly? Your applause?? No, thank you!

He is obviously talking about Risevest, young guys managing investments in dollars, there is a big difference between them and Brisk Investment, any fool will know that Brisk is a Ponzi Scheme, no business in this world can confidently generate 60% monthly, even Forex Traders make losses in some months

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:49pm On May 26, 2021
This is usually a cue to relocate.

richforever123:

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2021
richforever123:

We are not safe. We get the types of leaders we deserve.

Surprised at how Lagosians whose Commonwealths were personalised are campaigning for the godfather for the plum job at the federal level.

Those of us who see things differently are in the minority, while they are squeezing business owners for more tax, legislators threw out the bill that will stop the payment of huge pension to former governors.

Very important to have plans A,B,C,D and E.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:54pm On May 26, 2021
yazga:
What happened to SMN?

It was put up for sale and was bought by the Owner of Nairaland and after sometimes, closed it down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:01pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Some grand parents share the house 'indirectly' to all the grand children by giving rooms to the direct children as inheritance. Those rooms are then inherited by the children that are grand children. In some cultures, properties are shared to all children and in situations where the properties are not enough to go round, rooms in the properties are now shared. I have seen such several times. My uncle was even living in one of such. The house had several landlords and landladies.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:06pm On May 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You guys own is easier because it was given to a property manager. Some do not do that. Instead, each person want to be called landlord or landlady. I have an office colleague who once advised his siblings that they given out the property given to all of them to a developer to redevelop, manage and share the yearly income from it on an agreed percentage basis but they refused.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 5:08pm On May 26, 2021
yazga:
E dey, the friend I shared his experience above, the siblings children are married in that same house. You have 8 different landlords for just one house.

I wonder why Oga Emma that is so experienced in properties is surprised that such does not exist in this Lagos.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

You guys own is easier because it was given to a property manager. Some do not do that. Instead, each person want to be called landlord or landlady. I have an office colleague who once advised his siblings that they given out the property given to all of them to a developer to redevelop, manage and share the yearly income from it on an agreed percentage basis but they refused.

So I will leave my business or others will leave their jobs to manage inherited properties and manage tenants

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

Some grand parents share the house 'indirectly' to all the grand children by giving rooms to the direct children as inheritance. Those rooms are then inherited by the children that are grand children. In some cultures, properties are shared to all children and in situations where the properties are not enough to go round, rooms in the properties are now shared. I have seen such several times. My uncle was even living in one of such. The house had several landlords and landladies.

Educated folks won't do that unless you have built a house for each child.

Mama was educated, she was a retired Head Mistress of William Memorial Methodist Primary School Ebute Metta Lagos. Definitely all her children and grandchildren must be educated at least up to first degree level. The late founder of Leadway Assurance was her pupil

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2021
yazga:

Poor parent, no good headstart for the children, bad attitudes and wrong values are responsible for such

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyaTola: 6:00pm On May 26, 2021
richforever123:

He is obviously talking about Risevest, young guys managing investments in dollars, there is a big difference between them and Brisk Investment, any fool will know that Brisk is a Ponzi Scheme, no business in this world can confidently generate 60% monthly, even Forex Traders make losses in some months
Even if such business was to give you 60%, did they do their due diligence? Check his Twitter handle that's enough Due Diligence.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IyaTola: 6:18pm On May 26, 2021
NL1960:

I have Learnt one thing most children from wealthy home usually don't know how to utilize investment inherited from parents just very few can do that example is CEO of Access Bank, PA Emma and a few others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2021
IyaTola:
I have Learnt one thing most children from wealthy home usually don't know how to utilize investment inherited from parents just very few can do that example is CEO of Access Bank, PA Emma and a few others

Are you referring to Nigerians or Africans.

Who are the wealthy people? What is the source of the wealth?

People who made their wealth through business have a better probability of producing financially smart children.

The so called wealthy in Nigeria are politicians, they didn't create wealth, they stole it. So if their children don't have the opportunity of getting political power so that they can continue the family heritage of stealing and corruption, the children will be poor under 20 years.

Dangote's grandfather used to be the richest man in West Africa and biggest customer of British Bank of West Africa now First Bank between 1930 and 1955. Read " The making and makers of Nigeria's private enterprise" by Tom Forrest

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 7:22pm On May 26, 2021
Please anyone with today’s bid result thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emndy(m): 7:26pm On May 26, 2021
efismikoko:
Please anyone with today’s bid result thanks

NTB

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Jakindele, Macktaob(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.