Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427293 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
skydiver01:
They are the same in that they are both FGN bonds with these two individual qualities:

1. FGN Savings Bonds are issued for two and three year durations on subscription and the interest is paid quarterly.
2. FGN Bonds offer a cocktail of durations up to 30 years and the interest is paid semi-annually.

I prefer FGN bonds to FGN savings bonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

New mugus are produced everyday.

Experience is the best teacher

We all want to hammer and be successful, there is nothing wrong with that.

You can mistakenly come across money, but you can't mistakenly build wealth.

Slow and steady wins the race

This your picture message describes my Baber, warned him against MMM, guy was adamant and he lost all. He somehow picked up again then I do warn him periodically about online ponzies because I will see him glued to his phone trying to cash out big, he neglected his barbing business so people hardly patronise him. If I ask him how is business , his responses are always I'm doing fine now, with my biitc and online tradings I have been able to get more than a thousand folds of what I lost in mmm, in my mind I will say but this guy keeps getting malnourished, at a time I avoided having my hair cut from him cos I thought he might have contracted some kind of STDs because the weight loss was so glaring.

Fast forward to today, he was barbing my hair when a woman (his neighbour) came in and was pleading with me to help him that to eat is a big problem for him n his family, I was Like jeez but I kept quiet, I rapport with him friendly to avoid getting him more depressed by rebuking him but didn't either ask why he kept lying or what Ponzi scheme took away his sweat this time, he showed me some loan shark trying to get Their money back from him. I gifted him some money and told him good bye.

Some people never learn from Thier past mistakes or learn from people that fail around them, they choose to use themselves as experiments to test the water and sometimes not lucky to come out from such grievous mistakes

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I use United Capital Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management.

I get better returns from United Capital fixed income.

I reinvest the dividends, I sell when I need funds.

Sold about N1.5 million of my United Capital fixed income fund yesterday morning and got paid today.

Unlike Money Market Fund where you will be paying within hours

Thanks Boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks a million times for the insight BOSS I prefer FGN BOND also, let me wait small till fgn bond show face!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
XiaoLi:
Why delete the post so quickly na..don't worry people have seen it..one day breeze go blow and you know na wink wink wink wink wink

How I no go delete am. Make you and your gang members learn from the tips? No way!!!

How your Uber driving na? Today na Friday. Customers wey dey comot for weekend groove go boku. Enjoy the hustle bro wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
Akin3891:

This your picture message describes my Baber, warned him against MMM, guy was adamant and he lost all. He somehow picked up again then I do warn him periodically about online ponzies because I will see him glued to his phone trying to cash out big, he neglected his barbing business so people hardly patronise him. If I ask him how is business , his responses are always I'm doing fine now, with my biitc and online tradings I have been able to get more than a thousand folds of what I lost in mmm, in my mind I will say but this guy keeps getting malnourished, at a time I avoided having my hair cut from him cos I thought he might have contracted some kind of STDs because the weight loss was so glaring.

Fast forward to today, he was barbing my hair when a woman (his neighbour) came in and was pleading with me to help him that to eat is a big problem for him n his family, I was Like jeez but I kept quiet, I rapport with him friendly to avoid getting him more depressed by rebuking him but didn't either ask why he kept lying or what Ponzi scheme took away his sweat this time, he showed me some loan shark trying to get Their money back from him. I gifted him some money and told him good bye.

Some people never learn from Their past mistakes or learn from people that fail around them, they choose to use themselves as experiments to test the water and sometimes not lucky to come out from such grievous mistakes
I always thank God for this kind of experimental people because dey serve as good examples of what not to do grin

Interesting thread.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Why do you prefer FGN bonds to Savings bonds?

emmanuelewumi:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Why?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Donbrig:

Why do you prefer FGN bonds to Savings bonds?

I think it's because of the FGN BOND long term compounding ability nd high rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Experience is the best teacher fraudsta, you are jobless and a well known troll on NL... you have given tips on how you and your fellow crooks swindle people of their hard earned money but guess what.....I will not be provoked into releasing information about me here..shishi you no go get from me CIA grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lazyyouth4u:

How I no go delete am. Make you and your gang members learn from the tips? No way!!!

How your Uber driving na? Today na Friday. Customers wey dey comot for weekend groove go boku. Enjoy the hustle bro wink

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
ositadima1:
It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
Gbam cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Foodempire:
I saw a post today when a guy tried to commit suicide inside a bank because his account was wiped out by fraudster.

What are the measures to follow in order to prevent such occurrences? I heard that one SIM can be cloned to perpetrate fraud. Anyone with tangible info should educate us so that we don't fall prey to these monsters

1. Never connect mobile banking and ATM card with the account that house most of your money. You can have internet banking, so you are able to transfer from the account with money to the account connected with debit card and mobile banking

2. Put a PIN on your sim card,if you lose your phone, whoever picks it will need the pin to use the sim on another phone. After 3 tries the sim gets blocked and the person will need puk number

I have 3 GT accounts, two cannot be accessed by either by my atm and mobile short code if I need money from any of the two, I transfer money from any of the two to the third one that is connected to debit card and mobile short code.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
cucumbar:
grin someone can pick your phone, register on your behalf and wipe your account o.

Not when you have a phone and sim lock in place.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
pizapato:

I advise you to delete those tips. There are many criminals here snooping to find new ways of doing yahoo yahoo. They claim to be billionaires on Nairaland but in reality they are Uber drivers part time and criminals full time. Please don’t give them tips wey dem go use to fortify their yahoo business.

I wrote tips here yesterday but then I saw their Oga called Xiaoli here online so I had to delete the entire post. Unfortunately he had already taken a picture and saved on his phone. So sad…

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Brainbox0806: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I advise you to delete those tips. There are many criminals here snooping to find new ways of doing yahoo yahoo. They claim to be billionaires on Nairaland but in reality they are Uber drivers part time and criminals full time. Please don’t give them tips wey dem go use to fortify their yahoo business.

I wrote tips here yesterday but then I saw their Oga here online so I had to delete the entire post. Unfortunately he had already taken a picture and saved on his phone. So sad…

This your write-up only confirmed you as the real thief snooping around. You are trying to use reverse phycology on intelligent people here, let people learn in peace closed-minded kid

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 05, 2021
Brainbox0806:

This your write-up only confirmed you as the real thief snooping around. You are trying to use reverse phycology on intelligent people here, let people learn in peace closed-minded kid

Xiaoli the depressed and frustrated Uber driver don enter alternate moniker to attack. Hahaha. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 10:14am On Dec 05, 2021
You don't worth my time because it clearly shows that you are a nuisance in real life, this will be my last responce to you.
Lazyyouth4u:

Xiaoli the depressed and frustrated Uber driver don enter alternate moniker to attack. Hahaha. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2021
Good morning Oga's in the house,
Pls someone should help us clarify between this newly MTN OFFER nd other form of investments. Is the dividends FIXED like every other bond or Any similarities? ?

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Akerewe:
Good morning Oga's in the house,
Pls someone should help us clarify between this newly MTN OFFER nd other form of investments. Is the dividends FIXED like every other bond or Any similarities? ?

This MTN Offer belong to the equity/stock security I.e shares. While bond belong to debt security. Both are different forms of investment. Like you said bond has fixed coupon (interest or dividend as you put it). The coupon could be fixed quarterly or bi- annually depending on the type of bond.

However, the amount to be paid out as dividend for
shares is determined at the end of the business year. Though, MTN as company has a policy of issuing shareholders interim dividend before the final dividend at the end of the business year. So theirs is determined during the release of their six months and end of the year business report (Subject to shareholders approval at the AGM)

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
XiaoLi:
You don't worth my time because it clearly shows that you are a nuisance in real life, this will be my last responce to you.

Wetin be ‘you don’t worth my time’ ? Ordinary simple grammar wey dem teach for primary school, you still no fit grab. No wonder you ended up on the streets doing Uber driver and yahoo yahoo work…

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 6:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Plot twist!!!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Wetin be ‘you don’t worth my time’ ? Ordinary simple grammar wey dem teach for primary school, you still no fit grab. No wonder you ended up on the streets doing Uber driver and yahoo yahoo work…
You still dey fool around? I think say you go don grow up o! shocked

Fine, you no fine. Money, you no get.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mickky22: 5:09am On Dec 08, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Good day Oga Emma

But the minimum subscription according to Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker is 50 million and I don't have up to that. How do I go about it.

Thanks in anticipation for your swift respond.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:02am On Dec 08, 2021
mickky22:

Good day Oga Emma

But the minimum subscription according to Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker is 50 million and I don't have up to that. How do I go about it.

mickky22:

Good day Oga Emma

You will buy through the secondary market with a minimum of 100k.

Possible to buy through Stanbic IBTC Bank and Stanbic IBTC Stockbroker for secondary market opportunities
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 6:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
Plot twist!!!!

Who told you there was S&P 500 in 1930? Use your head before posting such very dry yamayama angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2021
freeman67:

The one full proof measure one can take is not subscribe to mobile and internet banking. With that, no money can leave your account except the fraud is perpetrated by your bank staff or there is a mistake.

The disadvantage of that is that you will always have to be present in your bank before any transaction is made.

This is the easiest way to get scammed. Scammers need that mint SIM to activate your USSD.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2021
Acidosis:

This is the easiest way to get scammed. Scammers need that mint SIM to activate your USSD.
Which mint sim?

Can you activate ussd with a sim not linked to the account?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Which mint sim?

Can you activate ussd with a sim not linked to the account?

Majority link their account with at least one banking channel. I don't think I have ever seen anyone open an account without at least one of USSD, SMS/Email notifications, mobile banking, ATM, or internet banking.

In fact, when you open an account, the bank needs your phone number to deliver your account number and balance to you. Anyone can activate the USSD without having to visit the banking hall as far as the phone number is linked to an account (and you can't have an account without a phone number).

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Acidosis:

Majority link their account with at least one banking channel. I don't think I have ever seen anyone open an account without at least one of USSD, SMS/Email notifications, mobile banking, ATM, or internet banking.

In fact, when you open an account, the bank needs your phone number to deliver your account number and balance to you. Anyone can activate the USSD without having to visit the banking hall as far as the phone number is linked to an account (and you can't have an account without a phone number).
I thought they would need to have some other of your personal info before they can create ussd with your sim?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I thought they would need to have some other of your personal info before they can create ussd with your sim?

Some scammers are extra smart bro. The best form of security is to prevent any unauthorized access to the sim using a SIM lock.

Some people saved their BVN on their phone using some funny names/tags. They forget that by simply typing 222, the BVN will be revealed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
E Don happen. N213 billion

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Meerahbel and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.