Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427601 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
How do one subscribe to this 2021 sukuk bond??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
You can purchase them from the secondary market daily (excluding weekends and public holidays). I think N100k minimum. Your bank or broker can process this for you.

Ojix85:

Can you kindly advise how one can purchase FG Bonds without having the 50m capital? (Retail purchase)

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nero4306:
How do one subscribe to this 2021 sukuk bond??

You can contact any of the receiving bank listed there or your registered stock broker if you have one.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2021
freeman67:

Thank you for this.

Please when is the payment of FGN SUKUK 2020 for December? I was thinking it is yesterday or max today but I haven't seen anything yet.
Likely to drop today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PresidentBuhari: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2021
The payment might not drop until 22 Dec upwards, which is the closing date for the newly published Sukuk bond.

The last Sukuk FGN wanted to borrow N150 billion, ended up borrowing N165 billion.

This year they want to borrow over N250 billion, who knows how much they will end up borrowing. The settlement of maturing Sukuk seems to be paid for with monies generated from new subscribers, I think there was another Sukuk in June used to settle accrued interests.

A country is only assumed to handle it's debt portfolio well when the subscribers have money to pump into it, when the money becomes scarce and worthless, foul nyash go open "wozaaaaaa"

Phyde:

Likely to drop today

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
PresidentBuhari:
The payment might not drop until 22 Dec upwards, which is the closing date for the newly published Sukuk bond.

The last Sukuk FGN wanted to borrow N150 billion, ended up borrowing N165 billion.

This year they want to borrow over N250 billion, who knows how much they will end up borrowing. The settlement of maturing Sukuk seems to be paid for with monies generated from new subscribers, I think there was another Sukuk in June used to settle accrued interests.

A country is only assumed to handle it's debt portfolio well when the subscribers have money to pump into it, when the money becomes scarce and worthless, foul nyash go open "wozaaaaaa"

The expected coupon payment is about 9.2B. that cannot wait till subscribers make payments for the new sukuk. Alerts will drop tonight and latest tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by X21: 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
PresidentBuhari:

please stop spreading false information . naira obligations is the least of governments worries as it relates to debt repayment and servicing

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
Sukuk just landed. Christmas settlement.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mills55:

Still waiting for mine oooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2021
needful:

Still waiting for mine oooo

No need to worry. It will land, provided you have a helipad.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
Sukuk payment just landed.... See groove.... I just subscribe for sukuk 4.... E b like say dis sukuk na cum win am oh 12.80% for 10 years.... Oya na

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mills55:

Confirmed.... Mine too has entered.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
freeman67:

Confirmed.... Mine too has entered.

smiley grin cool cry kiss YES SUKUK, U R WELCOME!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:36am On Dec 18, 2021
Mills55:

No need to worry. It will land, provided you have a helipad.

Confirmed, straight to sukuk 4 subscription
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:50am On Dec 18, 2021
needful:

Confirmed, straight to sukuk 4 subscription

You are doing well, use at least 40% of the coupon to buy Eurobond fund, real estate and good stocks that is how to diversify, create a financial plan or build a solid and consistent wealth creating machine.

The only exception is if you are a retiree who needs the income for sustenance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2021
How many of us invested in these?

15.7% and 16.5%

These are the coupon rates for Sukuk 1 and Sukuk 2.

Most of us bought Sukuk 3 at 11.6%, when Treasury Bills crashed

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 18, 2021
@Oga Emma which is the best way to buy this sukuk fund.Will my stock broker charge commission if I buy through them.And is this a good investment for a child education in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2021
Biafran4life:
@Oga Emma which is the best way to buy this sukuk fund.Will my stock broker charge commission if I buy through them.And is this a good investment for a child education in Nigeria

It will close next week Wednesday, get in touch with your Stockbroker or bank. You are not paying commission.

Good for cash flow, coupons will be paid on 24th June and 24th December for the next 10 years

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You are doing well, use at least 40% of the coupon to buy Eurobond fund, real estate and good stocks that is how to diversify, create a financial plan or build a solid and consistent wealth creating machine.

The only exception is if you are a retiree who needs the income for sustenance

God bless you immensly sir. I had plans to invest all my coupon in real estate, amazon, google etc. Your advise few yrs back has been steadily paying. Thank u sir

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
needful:

God bless you immensly sir. I had plans to invest all my coupon in real estate, amazon, google etc. Your advise few yrs back has been steadily paying. Thank u sir

Remember to also enjoy ur sweat every now and then for the future is uncertain. If the "trumpet" was to be blown today, some of us would miss out on a lot of things within our reach.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mommytas(f): 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2021
Guys check these airdrop is � legit hurry up and grab yours few days left

https://metakings.ai/buy?r=WmED9bSuuA
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mommytas:
Guys check these airdrop is � legit hurry up and grab yours few days left

https://metakings.ai/buy?r=WmED9bSuuA

grin grin grin grin grin. Any wey them dey scream legit dey in haste is likely going to bring tears at the end...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mommytas(f): 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
No sir, we have hope cool

freeman67:

grin grin grin grin grin. Any wey them dey scream legit dey in haste is likely going to bring tears at the end...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 7:16am On Dec 19, 2021
Good morning great investors, Pls fgn bond & sukuk bond, which one is more better in terms of yield?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TIMIJAT: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Akerewe:
Good morning great investors, Pls fgn bond & sukuk bond, which one is more better in terms of yield?

For fgn bonds it depends on the maturity and the yield you buying at. But the sukuk is mostly 10years... So it's almost the same unless that in fgn bonds, there are more extended maturities

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by creategist: 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
The Sukuk tenors are rather lengthy (7 and 10 years) if someone subscribes to them and intends getting out pre-maturity is it guaranteed he/she will suffer a loss on their initial investment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
creategist:
The Sukuk tenors are rather lengthy (7 and 10 years) if someone subscribes to them and intends getting out pre-maturity is it guaranteed he/she will suffer a loss on their initial investment?

Na market forces go determine that one ooo....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bfn1: 12:26am On Dec 20, 2021
Please oga Emma, how can I keep track of these Sukuk offerings?
I'm planning to start saving for the next one after this Sukuk 4 (That will be Sukuk 5, I guess?)
Thanks.
emmanuelewumi:
How many of us invested in these?

15.7% and 16.5%

These are the coupon rates for Sukuk 1 and Sukuk 2.

Most of us bought Sukuk 3 at 11.6%, when Treasury Bills crashed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 12:53am On Dec 20, 2021
ositadima1:

Remember to also enjoy ur sweat every now and then for the future is uncertain. If the "trumpet" was to be blown today, some of us would miss out on a lot of things withing our reach.

I no dey joke with enjoyment. I be cruise for that side. Thanks for reminding me about it. Its well noted

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:00am On Dec 20, 2021
bfn1:
Please oga Emma, how can I keep track of these Sukuk offerings?
I'm planning to start saving for the next one after this Sukuk 4 (That will be Sukuk 5, I guess?)
Thanks.

Subscribe to the mailing list of DMO. I will always share the opportunities on this platform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bfn1: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
God bless you greatly sir.

You're always a source of inspiration!

I'll subscribe to the DMO mailing list right away.
emmanuelewumi:

Subscribe to the mailing list of DMO. I will always share the opportunities on this platform

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
I can't understand this banks.I have been to ibtc, zenith and Fbn head offices in uyo. And thr response to this sukuk is they have no mandate to the offer.The Fbn guys said nothing like that is even going on.That the last they had idea was fg saving Bond and it is closed. Is Nigeria all about Lagos and abj .

(1) (2) (3) ... (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.