Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426742 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2017
cutiereborn:

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I stay in port Harcourt. Will get to another branch today and make proper enquiries.

Please give us feedback when you go to another branch today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutiereborn(f): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2017
Zeiya:

Will do.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
FBN's Secondary rates are among the best based on my experience and posts from this thread.
You can go for it. You don't even have to wait till primary auction rate in my opinion unless you are investing something big. Tell the Bank lady you want to know the current secondary market tenor and rates available. There are many FBN branches in PH. Insist its only TB you want.
Bank staff are funny at times.

cutiereborn:
Good morning guys. I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while. Very informative. Kudos to all.
My question, I went first bank to invest since I bank with them and was told the next bid is in 2weeks time. How true is this as the lady Suggested I use fixed deposit instead of allowing the funds to lay idle.
Please when is the next bid and how soon can I approach the bank to invest as the funds is lying idle on my account.
Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutiereborn(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
Zeiya:

Thanks to Freeman67 & I amjustme2 .
So I went to their transamadi branch where I was directed to one Chidi. He explained it all to me about the secondary market which takes place everyday with a predetermined rate and primary market Every fortnightly which rate can't be determined until bid date.
Armed with all I read here I asked for secondary market for 90days, he checked the rate to be 14percent and said there was one 98days for 15percent which was what went for.
Thanks guys.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
cutiereborn:

Thanks to Freeman67 & I amjustme2 .
So I went to their transamadi branch where I was directed to one Chidi. He explained it all to me about the secondary market which takes place everyday with a predetermined rate and primary market Every fortnightly which rate can't be determined until bid date.
Armed with all I read here I asked for secondary market for 90days, he checked the rate to be 14percent and said there was one 98days for 15percent which was what went for.
Thanks guys.

Well it's not that bad. I'd have suggested STANBIC. Theirs was 17.5% for 90 days. But it's all good. First Bank is great though.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cutiereborn(f): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

Well it's not that bad. I'd have suggested STANBIC. Theirs was 17.5% for 90 days. But it's all good. First Bank is great though.
Thanks. I don't have a stanbic account. So I didn't want to go through all the stress of opening another account when I have 4 dIff banks already both active n dormant

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
First Bank
Secondary Market TB Rates available as at this evening:
Go for it tomorrow Friday:

350 days Tenor
18.3%

Still available

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
Investnow2017:
First Bank
Secondary Market TB Rates available as at this evening:
Go for it tomorrow Friday:

350 days Tenor
18.3%

Still available

U sure I wont open a first bank account.....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
The Nation's Paper Report

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is planning to raise N177 billion ($562 million) of short-dated treasury bills at an auction on July 5, the regulator said yesterday.

The bank said in a public notice it planned to sell N35 billion of three-month debt, N22 billion of six-month bills and N120 billion of one-year notes at the auction, using a Dutch auction system.

The CBN issues treasury bills twice a month to finance the budget deficit, help manage commercial lenders’ liquidity and curb rising inflation.

The West African country expects its budget deficit to widen to N2.36 trillion this year as it tries to spend its way out of a recession, with more than half the deficit to be funded through local borrowing

++++++
For those using FBN for July 5 Primary Market Auction, tomorrow Friday is a good date to submit your application. First Bank may not include your funds if submitted later than tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
yomi007k:

U sure I wont open a first bank account.....

Not that i was told. My account officer opened his system and i saw it among the ranges. I actually wanted to go for 18.3% for 290 days but the amount left was far less than i have to invest. For the 18.3% for 350 days tenor there is over N200m left as at 3pm! Hence i believe it might still be available tomorrow Friday. Just try, it moves pretty fast though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Investnow2017:

Not that i was told. My account officer opened his system and i saw it among the ranges. I actually wanted to go for 18.4% for 290 days but the amount left was far less than i have to invest. For the 18.3% for 350 days tenor there is over N200m left as at 3pm! Hence i believe it might still be available tomorrow Friday. Just try, it moves pretty fast though.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
Investnow2017:

Not that i was told. My account officer opened his system and i saw it among the ranges. I actually wanted to go for 18.3% for 290 days but the amount left was far less than i have to invest. For the 18.3% for 350 days tenor there is over N200m left as at 3pm! Hence i believe it might still be available tomorrow Friday. Just try, it moves pretty fast though.

Im not doubting u. Its jus dt I noticed dt first bank n stanbic give d best rates n I dont hv an account wt either.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 2:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Kudos to Everyone on this thread

Please I have questions to ask.

1) My mum placed her money in fixed deposit due to bad advise and not being well-informed enough, I told her about Tbills, but I wasn't sure of how it works myself. I'm quite sure I know about 50% of it all now

Question: Can she move her funds from FIXED DEPOSIT to TBILLS before the next auction or can she go for the secondary instead?

considering what @investnow2017 said, about the secondary market, she banks with first bank. if she's quick enough! Can she complete all the process tomorrow ?

what are the pros and cons of secondary market?

can she go all in or divide the funds

some for primary market (auction) taking place soon and soon for secondary?

Thank you all. Anticipating your kind replies.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tohsynetita1: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2017
How can I be a member?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2017
OmichaelO:

1) My mum placed her money in fixed deposit due to bad advise and not being well-informed enough, I told her about Tbills, but I wasn't sure of how it works myself. I'm quite sure I know about 50% of it all now

Question: Can she move her funds from FIXED DEPOSIT to TBILLS before the next auction or can she go for the secondary instead?

considering what @investnow2017 said, about the secondary market, she banks with first bank. if she's quick enough! Can she complete all the process tomorrow ?

. . . Go with the secondary market. Ask for available rate and period and select whichever suits you/your mum.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 8:58am On Jun 30, 2017
OmichaelO:

In most branches the traffic of retail customers are always at the end of the month like it might be today. Otherwise breaking your fixed and buying a Treasury Bill shouldnt take you more than an hour at most. Its not a serious matter. Go for the Sec market like you hv bn advised by other kind hearted guys here.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by evidon1(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello. Please can someone send me good details to my mail. And when is the next auction . eviekpere@gmail.com.
WhatsApp number 08160152157,
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nadico(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2017
You guys are really doing a wonderful job concerning TB. Followed the thread from beginning to the end and learnt all about TB. Went to first bank yesterday and got 18.35 for 357days tenor. Filled the form pronto and was debited within one hour. Asked about certificate, the lady said i should come for it on Monday. My question is when should I expect my interest to be paid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
Just got 349 days @ 18.3% from First Bank Ajao Estate Lagos.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by claremont(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
Can anyone please confirm:

Is this even remotely possible from the diaspora, or do potential investors living overseas (without Nigerian bank accounts) have to travel to Nigeria to invest in TB?

I'm looking to invest between £5000-£10,000.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
24hrs, but its should not exceed 48.

nadico:
You guys are really doing a wonderful job concerning TB. Followed the thread from beginning to the end and learnt all about TB. Went to first bank yesterday and got 18.35 for 357days tenor. Filled the form pronto and was debited within one hour. Asked about certificate, the lady said i should come for it on Monday. My question is when should I expect my interest to be paid.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
inze:

. . . Go with the secondary market. Ask for available rate and period and select whichever suits you/your mum.
God bless you sir! I appreciate your kind response .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Get a diaspora Account.

First Bank and I guess GTB does it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nadico(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=amjustme2 post=57987227]24hrs, but its should not exceed 48.

Okay, Should be expecting it by Monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by claremont(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
amjustme2:
For NTB, Its not possible, you must have Nigerian Bank account.

You must have a Nigerian bank account which will be debited and credited.

With that in place, you can invest in NTB from diaspora, remotely, in communication with your account officer.

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
Ecobank which I bank with is really getting on my nerves.. Ever since I bought TB in the secondary market on 19th of June, I am yet to be debited.. Is it always like this.. I have already opened Stanbic account..i have the following questions.

1) I would like to know if the rates are fixed based on the branch of the bank or is it fixed from the headquarters.

2) How soon does Stanbic debit one if one buys from secondary market...

3) Pls can I have investment one website..thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Investnow2017:

In most branches the traffic of retail customers are always at the end of the month like it might be today. Otherwise breaking your fixed and buying a Treasury Bill shouldnt take you more than an hour at most. Its not a serious matter. Go for the Sec market like you hv bn advised by other kind hearted guys here.
thank you Kindly sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
I have been preaching sermon in the whole of Nairaland and social media as a whole that people should avoid Ecobank. They are shutting down 74 branches nationwide. They are loosing it right now ranking as the worst in service delivery.

NTB rates are fixed from HQ,

You should be debited within 24 hours.

Use google search for any website you want.

gogedda:
Ecobank which I bank with is really getting on my nerves.. Ever since I bought TB in the secondary market on 19th of June, I am yet to be debited.. Is it always like this.. I have already opened Stanbic account..i have the following questions.

1) I would like to know if the rates are fixed based on the branch of the bank or is it fixed from the headquarters.

2) How soon does Stanbic debit one if one buys from secondary market...

3) Pls can I have investment one website..thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys,I just came across this page and find it interesting.
Please I just need to be cleared on something.i read where someone said that if one invest 200 at 18% for 364 days that the person will get about 36k profit.
Please does it mean if someone invest like 2.6million for 364 days at 18%,he or she is likely to get 468k per year?.
Please I need someone to clarify this for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
Exactly

Abi e too small? grin grin grin grin grin grin

chizzy4love:
Hi guys,I just came across this page and find it interesting.
Please I just need to be cleared on something.i read where someone said that if one invest 200 at 18% for 364 days that the person will get about 36k profit.
Please does it mean if I invest like 2.6million for 364 days at 18%,I am likely to get 468k per year?.
Please I need someone to clarify this for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
RealityShot:

use stanbic IBTC or First Bank.
go for 364 days tenor to get at least 18% interest at the next auction after you apply.

200k should fetch you about 36k yearly at current rates and its a good start!
some started with 100k only.
ride on!
Nice one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chizzy4love(f): 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
amjustme2:
Exactly

Abi e too small? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not small atall ooooooo.instead of money just wasting in the bank with little interest.i came across this page today.so if my bill is successful for instance,the money will be debited and interest paid within 3 days right?
Pls guys help as I need answers so as to invest the small money in my account.i just got off the phone with one of my bank's marketers and he dosnt want to explain it deeply for me and he is rather telling me to go for fixed deposit that there is no bidding for now.My bank is first bank and I am new at this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.