Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428074 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luluz4u: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
CAUTION!!!
It MAY be suicidal to contact your account officer about your intentions to do NTB. In most cases, you will be frustrated and exploited if he knows or realises that you are a newbie in it [/quote]

you really don't have to act as a novice for gtbank. all you need to do is send a signed instruction via mail to your acct officer cc customercare and the bank branch. anyone who needs more lectures abt tbill with gtb shld ask. I have never gone to the bank to purchase t-bill. then I would also advice you have your Internet banking details. all my tbill investment reflects there immediately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
luluz4u:

CAUTION!!!
It MAY be suicidal to contact your account officer about your intentions to do NTB. In most cases, you will be frustrated and exploited if he knows or realises that you are a newbie in it

you really don't have to act as a novice for gtbank. all you need to do is send a signed instruction via mail to your acct officer cc customercare and the bank branch. anyone who needs more lectures abt tbill with gtb shld ask. I have never gone to the bank to purchase t-bill. then I would also advice you have your Internet banking details. all my tbill investment reflects there immediately.

You are right. As a Non Resident Nigerian, i did all my Treasury Bills with my bank and other banks for Mutual Funds through email communication by scanning necessary documents and they sent all my certificates of investments by email.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2017
Groan:
[s]Good day Sir /ma.
We are surveyors with a two edged dream of making ordinary people own a house or home as well as dreaming to populate Agbowa, Imota, Igbokuta,sagamu road,our areas where we have large and many properties for sale.
We strongly believe we can work together to achieve this two edged dream. Since the lands are cheap, fresh with just survey, we've brought the prices down at Agbowa, Imota,sagamu road and Igbokuta to be affordable to anyone. We equally have other properties, though not large,in other areas like okeletu . Our lekki properties are equally available.
With organisation and cooperation between us, we can make this dream come true. What a joy it will then be for you and we at Zizan Excel Ventures.
Where do we need you? That's the question you may be asking now. Yes! We will need you in the area of directing our clients, both yours and ours. Convincing and encouraging them to get a land in these areas, which are cheap and affordable. Especially clients that are ready to build or ready to move into these fast developing areas, just about 15 minutes drive to garage, with a university around there, as well as the now being constructed mile 12 garage and access roads.

We shall be expecting your cooperation to work together while not forgetting that all these comes with monetary gains for both sides.
For enquiries, please call or email us.

Joseph Olusola
Zizan Excel ventures.
zizanexcel@gmail.com,
zizanexcel@yahoo.com[/s].

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Khutie:

•••Can yhu please elaborate this Tbills stuff in layman's term... I wanna start wid 100k...and which bank will be better...Thankx
Can you call me 08118894323, we could give you a better rate but with this amount interest will be minimal
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cyberwaver(m): 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Guys who is using stanbic for Tbills... I don't know how they are charging their own..

But someone did N5M with stanbic but they deducted like 480K+ and they left the remaining in his account, I just want to know are they going to be paying the interest monthly because I don't know how 10%+ for 91 days tenure will be N162K for 5million Naira.

The guy is angry, I just want to know whether its normal for stanbic users maybe I can explain more to him.

I await your replies guys.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojaydedon(m): 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
chinnyonwu:

Just goto your bank and tell them you eant to invest in treasury bills. I dont know the minimum. Only your bank can tell you that. I did 1m for GTbank so i didnt ask their minimum. However i have heard first bank accepts 100k

tanxxx

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojaydedon(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
luluz4u:
gtb accepted 100k this year. I'm not sure they av stopped accepting 100k. but don't jst walk up to gtbank and say u want to do for 100k cos of d way u wil be addressed. contact ur acct officer instead gtb accepted 100k this year. I'm not sure they av stopped accepting 100k. but don't jst walk up to gtbank and say u want to do for 100k cos of d way u wil be addressed. contact ur acct officer instead

Tnx
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yes a lot of person know about the mortgage Bank sector but many still Find it strange and new. My name Is Precious, i work for a Mortgage Bank here in Nigeria and still surprised that most of us don't exploit the goodies in this sector.
Do you know the mortgage bank is in a specialized financial sector saddle with the responsibility of financing customers mortgage project even as little as house rent.
Do you know that we are also licensed to carry out funds placement at good rates (treasury bills, fixed deposit, primary and secondary money market transactions)
Do you know we also have a contribution scheme for people, where you make daily, weekly monthly contributions?

ADVANTAGE :
Lots of things we do and you know that by transacting with a Mortgage Bank for a period of time gives you the leverage for mortgage financing, soft loan, etc at a very unbeatable RATE?
For more discussion, reach me
Whatsapp 08064134851
Phone : 08118894323
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
ugoelvis1:
My Subscription for 364 days primary market a fortnight ago through First bank failed to get through. I went to the bank to enquire acknowledgement receipt. To my greatest surprise was told that their bid failed and money have been returned. I felt a pinch meaning if I didn't ask, no one cared to alert me, after two weeks my money was deducted from my account. They suggested that I re subscribe for the up coming bid date which I declined out of anger. Now I am in another branch to make a fresh booking but was told I was late, the bidding was conducted yesterday. In desperation I opted for the secondary market which they offered me 16 % for 274 days which is lower than the 364 days tenor I intended.
Please house I would want to know if I should go along with it or still wait another two weeks. Is it a good offer?. Need your response urgently

Yes a lot of person know about the mortgage Bank sector but many still Find it strange and new. My name Is Precious, i work for a Mortgage Bank here in Nigeria and still surprised that most of us don't exploit the goodies in this sector.
Do you know the mortgage bank is in a specialized financial sector saddle with the responsibility of financing customers mortgage project even as little as house rent.
Do you know that we are also licensed to carry out funds placement at good rates (treasury bills, fixed deposit, primary and secondary money market transactions)
Do you know we also have a contribution scheme for people, where you make daily, weekly monthly contributions?

ADVANTAGE :
Lots of things we do and you know that by transacting with a Mortgage Bank for a period of time gives you the leverage for mortgage financing, soft loan, etc at a very unbeatable RATE?
Whatsapp 08064134851
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Destinydele:
Hello gurus in the house, first bank gave me 14.99 for 364 days..Is that good or the rate is poor? I also invested the interest along with the capital which is 2m , that made my interest compound...What should i expect at the end of the tenor? Please, kindly help me out.

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Prechy08(m): 4:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
kings11ng:
just got credited by stanbic for the TB I bought last year @ 18%. I wonder if I can get @ least 17% @ the secondary market from any bank.
TB has seriously dropped but you can get reasonable rate 08118894323
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ijeshaboy: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Prechy08:

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851 j
mr man go and sit down, contact you for what?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
cyberwaver:
Guys who is using stanbic for Tbills... I don't know how they are charging their own..

But someone did N5M with stanbic but they deducted like 480K+ and they left the remaining in his account, I just want to know are they going to be paying the interest monthly because I don't know how 10%+ for 91 days tenure will be N162K for 5million N
aira.

The guy is angry, I just want to know whether its normal for stanbic users maybe I can explain more to him.

please its high time we became good and sincere citizens of this great country.
10% of 5m is 500k
91 days is 1/4 of 1yr.
500k*1/4=125k.
he was paid 162k instead of 125k ( based on what u shared here)
please advice him to be a good citizen and return the excess of 37k. please let us together make our country better.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rizin:

please its high time we became good and sincere citizens of this great country.
10% of 5m is 500k
91 days is 1/4 of 1yr.
500k*1/4=125k.
he was paid 162k instead of 125k ( based on what u shared here)
please advice him to be a good citizen and return the excess of 37k. please let us together make our country better.

Me think the problem is that the man who did the 91days treasury bills did not know that the rate given him is for one year and not for 91days.

If @cyberwaver had revealed the actual rate for the 91days tenor instead of writing 10%+, it would have been easy to actually confirm the interest that should have been left in the man''s account.

The other problem is that the investor did not know that Stanbic bank does not deduct the whole money invested but leaves the upfront interest in the account debiting the account only with the discounted amount.

My very good guess is that the investor invested N5m for 91days at the rate of between 13% & 13.25% and about N4,838,000 was deducted from his account thereby leaving about N162,000(his up front interest) in his account which is correct.
He is most likely a first timer and thinks the about 13% rate is for 91days instead of dividing it by approximately 4 to get the actual rate for 91days.

He probably went into it thinking he would get N684,000 in 91days grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
cyberwaver:

But someone did N5M with stanbic but they deducted like 480K+ and they left the remaining in his account, I just want to know are they going to be paying the interest monthly because I don't know how 10%+ for 91 days tenure will be N162K for 5million Naira.

TONY56:

Me think the problem is that the man who did the 91days treasury bills did not know that the rate given him is for one year and not for 91days.

If @cyberwaver had revealed the actual rate for the 91days tenor instead of writing 10%+, it would have been easy to actually confirm the interest that should have been left in the man''s account.

The other problem is that the investor did not know that Stanbic bank does not deduct the whole money invested but leaves the upfront interest in the account debiting the account only with the discounted amount.

My very good guess is that the investor invested N5m for 91days at the rate of between 13% & 13.25% and about N4,838,000 was deducted from his account thereby leaving about N162,000(his up front interest) in his account which is correct.
He is most likely a first timer and thinks the about 13% rate is for 91days instead of dividing it by approximately 4 to get the actual rate for 91days.

He probably went into it thinking he would get N684,000 in 91days grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
[s]
Prechy08:

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851
[/s]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
[s]
Prechy08:

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851
[/s]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
[s]
Prechy08:

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851
[/s]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
[s]
Prechy08:

ADVANTAGE :
Whatsapp 08064134851
[/s]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megacontrol(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Why do i have a feeling this your "someone" is you... LOLZ

cyberwaver:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megacontrol(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hi, using this numbers you sighted for example. Assuming he was credited the 162k interest upfront, will he then be credited N5m or N4838000 at the end of the 91days tenure? Thanks

TONY56:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by luluz4u: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
cyberwaver:

the rate is for a year. so if it's 91days that's 1/4 of a year. the rate is divided by 4. so for 10% you will have 2.5% for 91days. If it's 182days that's 1/2 of a year. so your rate is divided by 2. just take the fraction of the tenure you are given and multiply with the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kemade2007(f): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
megacontrol:
Hi, using this numbers you sighted for example. Assuming he was credited the 162k interest upfront, will he then be credited N5m or N4838000 at the end of the 91days tenure? Thanks

#5m

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
cyberwaver:

Tell your friend that he cannot earn the same interest with those who risk their money on 182 or 365 days tenor.

N162K x 4 is the amount he would have gotten on a 365 day tenor.

N162K x 2 is the amount he would have gotten on a 162 day tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Acidosis:

Tell your friend that he cannot earn the same interest with those who risk their money on 182 or 365 days tenor.

N162K x 4 is the amount he would have gotten on a 365 day tenor.

N162K x 2 is the amount he would have gotten on a 162 day tenor.

Check your figures again please grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
TONY56:

If na so na i still dey where i dey so grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Investnow2017:

Check your figures again please grin
Which exactly? the "162"?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Forget the dynamics.
I said it months ago that towards the end of the year Tbills rate usually crash!..

The rates always spike around may June.
Most of the poor rates in tbills from November - February.

Yes I know some people will want to back its current crash with logic. But forgetttt. not everything logic can explain.

I will keep saying it, the best times to invest in tbills is middle of the year when Budget is just getting started to be implemented.

I am not surprised by the crash, i have been waiting for it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:59am On Oct 23, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Forget the dynamics.
I said it months ago that towards the end of the year Tbills rate usually crash!..

The rates always spike around may June.
Most of the poor rates in tbills from November - February.

Yes I know some people will want to back its current crash with logic. But forgetttt. not everything logic can explain.

I will keep saying it, the best times to invest in tbills is middle of the year when Budget is just getting started to be implemented.

I am not surprised by the crash, i have been waiting for it
Intelligently Elucidated✔✔....Brilliant!!!✔✔

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2017
UPDATE

Just subscribed 178 days for 15.35%. Too low for me but i will manage it. sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Foodempire and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.