Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4425104 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Internetboy:
On 13th (monday) , I subscribed for 182 days Treasure Bill through First Bank. I invested 6m in the primary market and was debited accordingly same day. But, I am yet to receive the upfront interest.

Tender is between Monday to Wednesday, issue and payment on Thursdays. You will be paid tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ugonna1054(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2018
Holla guys

Anyone here uses payvest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 12:35am On Aug 16, 2018
Acidosis:

Tender is between Monday to Wednesday, issue and payment on Thursdays. You will be paid tomorrow.

Okay make sense. Tnx for your input.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 4:01am On Aug 16, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by opomulero(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2018
PLEASE is it not possible to liquidate Treasury Bill before maturity?

I called in to GTBank today for liquidation and they replied that it is not possible that I must wait till maturity?

Is this not a foul play?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2018
opomulero:

I called in to GTBank today for liquidation and they replied that it is not possible that I must wait till maturity?

Is this not a foul play?
it a goat play

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2018
Has anyone gotten a response from GTB regarding yesterday Tbills auction as my account has not been debited and i sent a mail to them today and below was the response i got from them.
"Dear Sir,

Please be informed that your request has been submitted and we await the result.

We shall update you when the result is out.

Thank you."
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2018
Jejebabaa:
Has anyone gotten a response from GTB regarding yesterday Tbills auction as my account has not been debited and i sent a mail to them today and below was the response i got from them.
"Dear Sir,

Please be informed that your request has been submitted and we await the result.

We shall update you when the result is out.

Thank you."

I guess u will have to wait
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Ok thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ayobami9364(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Just hold on bro.if its successful. U will b debited nd credited by d end of today banking activities . That is d way it works
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
opomulero:

Is this not a foul play?

One chance bank. Thats my bank tho
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
Many were really successful in yesterday's auction.. Great. The money I intend to invest in this week's treasury bills was paid into my account today, too late. Does anybody know if there will still be another primary auction next week? Sometimes, CBN do auction treasury bills immediately after previous week due to over subscription.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mollie12: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
I just got debited today (Thursday) for the August 15 primary market auction. Rate was 12% for 364 days, from STANBIC bank. Not bad at all.

@Others, any updates from the latest auction? Please share your stories.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
bendo75:

I am using it at the moment. For me it is risk free, legit and convenient. Interest is not not paid upfront but daily. You can choose what term and rate you want and are able to monitor your investment on the app. This is one of the most secured investment apps I have ever used. Click (copy & paste in your browser) the FAQ link below and that will give you an insight how this works.
http://i-investng.com/#faq
Below are the terms and rates they have as of today.

Disclaimer: This is not an investment advise but only telling you that I am using the app to invest at the moment and I have had no issues. You can make your decision whether to use it or not.

Chei! See as ur TBs full ground
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
mollie12:
I just got debited today (Thursday) for the August 15 primary market auction. Rate was 12% for 364 days, from STANBIC bank. Not bad at all.

@Others, any updates from the latest auction? Please share your stories.

Lucky you. Na wa ooo for GTB. No update yet on my 91 days bid and i checked CBN site now and it shows that, all total offers full subscribed at 10% stop rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
Jejebabaa:

Lucky you. Na wa ooo for GTB. No update yet on my 91 days bid and i checked CBN site now and it shows that, all total offers full subscribed at 10% stop rate.

Thank God. I just got debited by GTB now for 10% for 91 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
Can one invest in Tbills if one lives abroad?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
hi bosses in d haus,
I am expecting my capital for t-bills on Aug 31st I.e maturity date from First Bank ..
ma question is .. hope it will not be roll overed, cos I didn't request for roll over ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Ikmontana1:
hi bosses in d haus,
I am expecting my capital for t-bills on Aug 31st I.e maturity date from First Bank ..
ma question is .. hope it will not be roll overed, cos I didn't request for roll over ??

if its primary market then they will likely reinvest your capital unless you write to them to drop drop your capital. visit your bank a week before then and sort it out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2018
seyisanya:
Can one invest in Tbills if one lives abroad?

via mail to your bank or you try online sites like I-invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for your response.
Barrytone:

via mail to your bank or you try online sites like I-invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 8:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=Barrytone post=70340810]

if its primary market then they will likely reinvest your capital unless you write to them to drop drop your capital. visit your bank a week before then and sort it out
pls
must I go to d same first bank branch where I did d t-bills in d first place to sort it out, or can I go to another first bank branch to do it ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
Barrytone:

pls ..must I go to d first bank branch that I did d t-bills in d first place to sort out d roll over issue, or can I go to another first bank branch to do it ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=Ikmontana1 post=70342287]pls ..must I go to d first bank branch that I did d t-bills in d first place to sort out d roll over issue, or can I go to another first bank branch to do it ??[/

i have not tried using another branch, gurus in the house can help out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
author=Barrytone post=70343195]
This your case aint guru matter bro. You still need to enter your bank to really verify. Try going to any branch . if need be, they would refer you to where you originally applied.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temmy59: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2018
Hello can someone explain to me meaning of primary and secondary market

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grace135: 6:10am On Aug 17, 2018
aremso:

Laughing here! with right investment mind and God is on your side, 50m is very small for you to have legit and not govt of fraud money. now let me tell you why the person that said if one has 50m, one has nothing doing on nairaland might not be totally wrong. if i have 50m and put it in TB for 364 days @ 12% the return will be 6m fine now play the game on investment on NSE for those who can take the risk like me which have been enjoying, stake 50m in one stock like zenith bank @ #18 cos as the election draws near, stocks prices would be going down due to uncertainty and the believe is election will come and go and naija still remain one. so back to 50m on zenith @ 18 it will give u 2,777,000units after the election and zenith release their finacial result which of couse would be ok, the stock can go to #28 but lets take #25 so 25x2,777,000=69,425,000 now lest say zenith do a dividend of #2.30 x 2,777,000=6,387,100. All together, return on #50m for less than 5month is #25,812,100.

summary

TB 50M(364DAYS)@ 12%=6m

Stock zenith bank less that 5month= #25,812,100

now capital plust gain= 75,812,100. ok

pull it back to TB @12% for 364days when share prices would have gone down. return would be #9,097,452+ 75,812,100=#84,909,552

same stock @18 then u get 4,717,000units by #25= 117,925,000+10,849,100@ # 2.3k div totalling #128,774,100 for period of 2yrs.

so one can generate addditional #78m just in 2 yrs. i choose zenith cos have been investing in the stock for a decade now and no cause for alarm though i do some other stockS like GTB

Has there been any time you have got your finger burnt in stock market using this technique or has it always been rosy?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:18am On Aug 17, 2018
Donbrig:
Many were really successful in yesterday's auction.. Great. The money I intend to invest in this week's treasury bills was paid into my account today, too late. Does anybody know if there will still be another primary auction next week? Sometimes, CBN do auction treasury bills immediately after previous week due to over subscription.

GTB 364days had better succeed o because i have a TB with them maturing on August 30 and i intend to immediately do a secondary market. If their 364 days is successfully, i assume that the likelihood of getting a secondary market tenor above 300 days will be high.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiki2: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2018
NL1960:

GTB 364days had better succeed o because i have a TB with them maturing on August 30 and i intend to immediately do a secondary market. If their 364 days is successfully, i assume that the likelihood of getting a secondary market tenor above 300 days will be high.

I don't think there was auction for 364 days.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2018
Please is there anyone into this? I just got the message this morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.