Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,164 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4425964 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meryl4merit(f): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
You guys are very funny... I just thought a brief summary will come in handy considering the number of pages I have to read. But it's okay, I will just go through it myself. Thanks
ositadima1:

You can make $$$ but you can't read or don't like to, I can read and take great pleasure in doing so but I don't make enough $$$.

Do you see the connection; I have something you need and you have something I might need. Now, let's trade. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meryl4merit(f): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nice... I should follow your lead.
zamirikpo:

TB is done every two weeks, my illustration was to meet to meet my monthly needs for funds.

E.g.. I prefer to invest a million naira every month (12m) and make 130k monthly than to make 1.5m in one month and nothing else becos I go chop the money finish.

Someone else could reinvest the 1.5m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2018
meryl4merit:
You guys are very funny... I just thought a brief summary will come in handy considering the number of pages I have to read. But it's okay, I will just go through it myself. Thanks

Omalicha nwa, you are welcome.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
ositadima1:

Omalicha nwa, you are welcome.
osita you're also into T bills..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nnamz:

Please read previous pages. Like for real it would have been easier for me to just give you a direct answer to your question, but tomorrow you would still have another question, and the day after and that after. Do yourself a favour and equip yourself with the necessary knowledge by reading previous pages, for your own good. It would help you make the best decisions on how to use your hard earned money. Best.

No need to even read previous pages for any answer. This thread has a search facility. Putting the question there will throw up all the pages with the answer. Even google search will throw up answers. The only thing many people know how to use data for is to do facebook, instagram, twitter and whatsapp. They do not know that you can also browse and google with it.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
meryl4merit:

If you don't have the strength to read all the pages, I would advise you to hang in here for up to a week. New posts will obviously answer your questions. When I joined, I thought it would be hard reading the previous pages, so, what I did was to read the first five pages, and then started following the thread from the last page. It wasn't up to a week before I caught up with what TB was all about. With all the knowledge garnered, I walked into Stanbic bank like a boss, telling their CS what to do, and the guy was amazed and was wondering how I got to know TB more than him.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
TissuePaper:
osita you're also into T bills..?

Yes o. Long time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
ositadima1:

Yes o. Long time.
very long time... I heard you're now a pro in value betting and odds analysis..lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
TissuePaper:
very long time... I heard you're now a pro in value betting and odds analysis..lol

Jeeze, not here! You know what civilians think about bettors and betting in general. You have dropped my good rep by several points, not cool bro.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TissuePaper: 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2018
ositadima1:

Jeeze, not here! You know what civilians think about bettors and betting in general. You have dropped my good rep by several points, not cool bro.
lol grin I'm so sorry, I can modify my post if you wish... My apologies
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
zamirikpo:
My target is twelve TB investments, one for every month . By so doing I have forced the FG to employ me

Currently on 8 investments.
baba Buhari has made us wiser.

i follow your steps ...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
Akerewe:
how much will 5k yield in money market for a month
50 naira

and you cant collect it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
meryl4merit:
you only need to read page 1 to 2 (or 30) depending on your personality and understanding of financial institutions.

good luck.

For those who don't like to read.
NOTE: even Warren buffet says he must understand a business very well before buying it.

if you still dont want to read..
just go to first bank or stanbic ibtc and ask them about t-bills.

fill form and buy some for 91days and you can learn everything the hard way.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
feelamong:
@Omo Yankee... You can actually buy the Tbills from any Commercial bank, or any Discount House in Nigeria....

The fees are 0.125% of the amount invested. However you should be aware that the effective Yield on Tbills is higher that than the advertised discount rate.....as the yield is discounted upfront. So a 14% yield is effectively about 14.25%...
please boss,
kindly correct the first line in your statement as found on page 1.

i believe the fee is on interest gained and not invested amount.

thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
Whats the maximum amount of times one can invest in treasury bills using just one bank account, ive invested twice using my gtb account. I am about to invest again, but not so sure its ok to use thesame account. Please i need your opinion.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dammy222(f): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
You can invest as many times as you want to
zinaunreal:
Whats the maximum amount of times one can invest in treasury bills using just one bank account, ive invested twice using my gtb account. I am about to invest again, but not so sure its ok to use thesame account. Please i need your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gaeul(f): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
These 'read the pages' is derailing this thread and making it look like child play...with all due respect, if you can't answer a person's question...simply ignore and give room for others who don't mind to answer..some of these question requires just a phrase answer but u can take abt four lines typing read the pages et al...Life is not rocket science...it isn't hard...Either u answer or just ignore...after all a pro in Treasury is a new bie elsewhere...

19 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
gaeul:
These 'read the pages' is derailing this thread and making it look like child play...with all due respect, if you can't answer a person's question...simply ignore and give room for others who don't mind to answer..some of these question requires just a phrase answer but u can take abt four lines typing read the pages et al...Life is not rocket science...it isn't hard...Either u answer or just ignore...after all a pro in Treasury is a new bie elsewhere...

A pro in treasury? Buying quality garri is harder.

Ma'am, every page has the same exact questions on them, even the most tolerant will get pissed at some point.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
RealityShot:
50 naira
and you cant collect it
too poor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jujutom(m): 12:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Akerewe:
too poor

How much are u expecting with 5,000k?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2018
gaeul:

I think the best solution to this incessant Question is to make a page/post about questions and answers. That way, when anybody asks a question which has already been answered before (and added to the former post), he/she gets directed to that page. For example, go to page 600 and read up.

When someone else asks a new question that hasn't been answered about treasury bills, he/she gets a correct answer and the same question along with an answer gets added to the original post in page 600 or whatever page the Question and Answered page is in.

Because reading from page 1 no be here, even after reading the first 50 pages religiously, i still had questions and people should be free to ask questions as we are all here to learn new things. However, some issues have been overflogged.

If we can do this, new questions will be answered and people asking about an issue already discussed severally get pointed to one single page where they all get the information they need.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2018
gaeul:

I don't see why you can't take time to read the pages for information on how to invest money! Even when setting up business you do feasibility studies or better still you can read the pages backwards so that you won't feel you are missing anything

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 11:34am On Oct 29, 2018
Nnamz:

I see you were ignored because this obviously is a stupid question that people are tired of answering. For the umpteenth time, unless you have FIFTY MILLION NAIRA, you have no f**king say on the rate. Go read previous pages and stop asking questions that has been answered here on almost every of the 598 pages of this thread

Sir, am certain we have mature minds from different background & works of life on this forum and to the best of my knowledge, no one deserves the reply given Sir. The best thing you could have done is to ignore the question. Am a slow learner and i can ask one question severally and some here may be like me so instead of making people feel bad as if they have committed heinous crime by asking a certain question severally we should rather keep quite. I will also advice everyone here to please read deeply about where to commit their fund before the actual investment. Just my 2 kobo SIR

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
good afternoon, my fellow partner in crime.( Tbills hunterz). i need an information. is it possible to submit my tb bid tomorrow before 9am against Wednesday PMA via FBN.. kindly help. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lotex(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
zinaunreal:
what rate did GTB gave you....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
Mfunkynation:
good afternoon, my fellow partner in crime.( Tbills hunterz). i need an information. is it possible to submit my tb bid tomorrow before 9am against Wednesday PMA via FBN.. kindly help. thanks

Unless you know someone who can risk his/her job for you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2018
RealityShot:
50 naira

and you cant collect it
cheesy cheesy
Straightforward but wicked response cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
Even if I don't work for the federal government, they would keep paying my house rent until I complete my house.

#TBillsThings
If you know, you know

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
My TB matured on Thursday last week. Since then I have been on impulsive spending spree – pls don’t blame, lol.
Today I was at my bank to find rates and tenor as @ today. The secondary bills available are lower tenors which were not preferred by me.
I promptly requested for the primary auction form, filled, submitted & locked down instantly before I turned my capital to expenditure cheesy.
That is one of the advantages of TB!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 2:56am On Oct 30, 2018
aremso:

Sir, am certain we have mature minds from different background & works of life on this forum and to the best of my knowledge, no one deserves the reply given Sir. The best thing you could have done is to ignore the question. Am a slow learner and i can ask one question severally and some here may be like me so instead of making people feel bad as if they have committed heinous crime by asking a certain question severally we should rather keep quite. I will also advice everyone here to please read deeply about where to commit their fund before the actual investment. Just my 2 kobo SIR

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I apologize if I was rude to anybody. Happy investment everyone smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.