Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426382 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Just2endowed2:

pls what time does secondary market closes. Letr me see if i can rush down
3PM
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by triol80t: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
Calebbold:

shocked... Pls are u sure? 14.75%?

I need to visit the closet branch first thing tomorrow.

Please which branch of UBA did you visit. Some of the branches have funny staff.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
I got 11% from access yesterday for 55days. 13% 361 12% 161 I just did the 55 days. Don't have time to tire money down for long time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
RealityShot:
3PM

stanbic told me 1pm/..... embarassed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by triol80t: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
Just2endowed2:

1PM at stanbic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
donshady:

So even if I move to stanbic, it's likely they act the same. Wahala dey ooo.

RealityShot:
thank you..
am so unhappy right now.. I asked them to do it in my presence, but they asked me to go in peace.

now i just got a message that i can't move more than 20k from my account!

am going there later today to scream a bit...

C4Ltd: so many bottlenecks in this country O! I weak!...

Hence I run ntb in both banks lol
stanbic usually has better rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PraiseDLord: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
C4Ltd:

What's their charges like?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please I need someone to enlighten me more on this and I have checked most of the pages and comments but I need to know how to get started on this.i use GTBank and fiderlity.

What are the rates and is the market still open,
List of days attached to the TB market and when it can be broken if there is emergency for the money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
PraiseDLord:

What's their charges like?
charges or rates? charges too infinitesimal, I don't take note of it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Blov: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
This is the current rate for I-Invest by Sterling bank
Their rate slightly increased between Monday 10th and today Friday 14. If you are the type that doesn't want too much grammar and drama, just sit at home and invest, try I-Invest.
I-Invest is an android app for those who may nt kn

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OLOBAM: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
triol80t:
Stanbic 356 days was 14.25%.

I would confirm once I get notice bext week

please clarify this rate, was it 14.25% or 12.25% for 356. I was told 12.25% which discourage me from investing today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:21am On Dec 15, 2018
Blov:
Their rate slightly increased between Monday 10th and today Friday 14. If you are the type that doesn't want too much grammar and drama, just sit at home and invest, try I-Invest.

You forgot to mention that they do not give you your interest upfront. The power of tbills is compounding interest, so not getting your interest right away for reinvestment defeats the whole point of doing tbills. If you know..... wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:46am On Dec 15, 2018
donshady:

So even if I move to stanbic, it's likely they act the same. Wahala dey ooo.

It's better to have accounts (Savings) preferable in both banks so that if one fumbles, you simply transfer immediately to the other without losing more days. Don't wait till one of them misbehaves before making moves to open account with the other.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:57am On Dec 15, 2018
RealityShot:
thank you..
am so unhappy right now.. I asked them to do it in my presence, but they asked me to go in peace.

now i just got a message that i can't move more than 20k from my account!

am going there later today to scream a bit...

C4Ltd: so many bottlenecks in this country O! I weak!...

If you're talking about Stanbic and not being able to move more than N20,000 from your account, the truth about that is- they are only being fraudulent.

You can move up to N100,000 daily from your account via your *909# platform, but they want you to do that 5 times so that that they can get their commissions 5 times too.

But if you have their App installed on your phone, you can do even well over N500,000 or Millions via Internet banking.

In case you don't have the App or Internet banking, simply walk to a branch and make a transfer of any amount through the counter staff and it will be done in minutes.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 7:19am On Dec 15, 2018
TONY56:

It's better to have accounts (Savings) preferable in both banks so that if one fumbles, you simply transfer immediately to the other without losing more days. Don't wait till one of them misbehaves before making moves to open account with the other.
. Once bitten twice shy. I have learnt my lesson.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2018
Just2endowed2:

True... Stanbic is 1 pm
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 8:42am On Dec 15, 2018
TONY56:

If you're talking about Stanbic and not being able to move more than N20,000 from your account, the truth about that is- they are only being fraudulent.

You can move up to N100,000 daily from your account via your *909# platform, but they want you to do that 5 times so that that they can get their commissions 5 times too.

But if you have their App installed on your phone, you can do even well over N500,000 or Millions via Internet banking.

In case you don't have the App or Internet banking, simply walk to a branch and make a transfer of any amount through the counter staff and it will be done in minutes.
thank you, i was talking about first bank though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2018
C4Ltd:

thank you.
i will just chill and loose one month.
But NOTHING will make me deal at First bank again! LOW RATES + ETC :-(

am moving to stanbic ibtc.. They seem to understand that, investor's money count for them weather in tbills or fixed deposit (even though the profits ain't same)

i like that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2018
Just2endowed2:

that aint true according to first bank crew... I always go there after lunch by 2pm and the market is open on every friday i showed up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 9:12am On Dec 15, 2018
eagleeye2:
I got 11% from access yesterday for 55days.
13% 361
12% 161
I just did the 55 days. Don't have time to tire money down for long time.

You should have just done a Money Market fund instead.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 15, 2018
RealityShot:
that aint true according to first bank crew... I always go there after lunch by 2pm and the market is open on every friday i showed up.

First Bank is 3pm and stanbic is 1pm. First Bank starts from start of work while stanbic starts from 10am. First Bank takes all the amount and credit your interest later while stanbic debits and leaves your interest at ones. I always stand to be corrected. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2018
RealityShot:
thank you.
i will just chill and loose one month.
But NOTHING will make me deal at First bank again! LOW RATES + ETC :-(

am moving to stanbic ibtc.. They seem to understand that, investor's money count for them weather in tbills or fixed deposit (even though the profits ain't same)

i like that.
I dunno there's something about shakara in banks that makes me more relaxed. though ibtc gives juicier rates, more than 60% of my investment is in fbn. I'm usually sceptical about "inviting" rates. There was a time ibtc was shaky but they've recovered ever since. just my premonition. anyone can enlighten me though to this effect.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2018
Barrytone:

First Bank is 3pm and stanbic is 1pm. First Bank starts from start of work while stanbic starts from 10am. First Bank takes all the amount and credit your interest later while stanbic debits and leaves your interest at ones. I always stand to be corrected. Thanks
you know them well
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
GonFreecss1:

You should have just done a Money Market fund instead.
Still reading up on it. And also how safe are the invested funds?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
eagleeye2:

Still reading up on it. And also how safe are the invested funds?
is safe,cool and easy to move ur ego to anywhere eg stock MKT.and very convenient.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dayjeee(m): 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
you guys could do fixed deposit anytime any day and get up to 11.5%, tbill is even closed till Jan , except secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibrahim505(m): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
Blov:
High liquidity and ease of convenience is more than enough to compensate for the upfront interest. My Stanbic account officer is clueless about tbills. With the rates getting improved day by day the parthian team is doing a wonderful job, though, their social networking handlers are indifferent.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2018
One thing is like to invest with bank with Tier 1 capitals like First Bank, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, UBA, GTB..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
C4Ltd:

I dunno there's something about shakara in banks that makes me more relaxed. though ibtc gives juicier rates, more than 60% of my investment is in fbn. I'm usually sceptical about "inviting" rates. There was a time ibtc was shaky but they've recovered ever since. just my premonition. anyone can enlighten me though to this effect.

When was Stanbic shaky?
If you don't know, Stanbic has always been No1 or No2 for a long time despite the fact that they don't have up to 1/3 of the branches of First Bank. Refer to their share price at the stock market if you are in doubt and you will see that it's either Stanbic at the apex or GTB.

If what you are looking for is a Nigerian Bank that is strong and reliable, then think of STANBIC, GTB & ZENITH. FIRST BANK is very far behind these 3 banks.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
donshady:
One thing is like to invest with bank with Tier 1 capitals like First Bank, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, UBA, GTB..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C4Ltd: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2018
TONY56:

When was Stanbic shaky?
If you don't know, Stanbic has always been No1 or No2 for a long time despite the fact that they don't have up to 1/3 of the branches of First Bank. Refer to their share price at the stock market if you are in doubt and you will see that it's either Stanbic at the apex or GTB.

If what you are looking for is a Nigerian Bank that is strong and reliable, then think of STANBIC, GTB & ZENITH. FIRST BANK is very far behind these 3 banks.
some time around 2015 or so...

but your response is reassuring. ibtc and fbn are my fav. I'll make it 50 50 by next year then

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: GentleCID(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.