Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4419368 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (2226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
disasters
Yes ooo cry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by signorxx1: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Please gurus in the house, i observe something. Majority of people investing in TBILL would rather invest in 364days tenor of 14% than invest in 91days tenor of 10% and after maturity of the first 91days re-invest in the same 91days of 10%. Please i need thorough explaination. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by frudokafor(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
signorxx1:
Please gurus in the house, i observe something. Majority of people investing in TBILL would rather invest in 364days tenor of 14% than invest in 91days tenor of 10% and after maturity of the first 91days re-invest in the same 91days of 10%. Please i need thorough explaination. Thanks

Because it is 14 and 10% per annum and not per duration of tenor. So in the long run of 1 yr the 364 tenure has a greater return on investment

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by signorxx1: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
Right now if i invest 10million into T-BILL for 91days tenor. what will be my gain? Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
If you invest N10m with FirstBank/Stanbic at 11.9% for 205 days, you will get N668K .

signorxx1:
Right now if i invest 10million into T-BILL for 91days tenor. what will be my gain? Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by signorxx1: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
If you invest N10m with FirstBank/Stanbic at 11.9% for 205 days, you will get N668K .
Thank you for the response sir.
Its just that i need the info 91days gangan.
Assuming bidding for next week is 10% for 91days. what is the my profit on 10million investment on 91days tenor? Is it 250,000 or 1million? its confusing me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
jpphilips:

Try FG promissory notes at 14.5% PA, that will be worth it for you!!
http://zedcrestcapital.com/getattachment/Resources/Market-Daily-Report/FGN-PROMISSORY-NOTE-OFFER/Promissory-Notes-(1).pdf
What is the minimum amount one can start with
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:13am On Mar 05, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 05, 2019
If new on thread, you are generously welcomed, 99% of your proposed questions were answered previously. Do us that favour of reading a bit of previous pages. Thank you and may you enjoy Lipton tea with your god this morning.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2019
signorxx1:

((91รท365)x10%) x 10m.

Rates are quoted per annum. If the tenure is less than 1 year (365 days) then you prorate it by dividing the tenure by 365 days and multiply it by the interest rate to get your actual interest.

This has been discussed severally on this thread

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Infinitisi:
For those who keep asking for help in calculating their interest this link will be useful for you. Just input the necessary figures and it calculates your interest for you.

Still doesn't stop you from learning the way it is calculated. It is actually quite easy.

https://app.nairametrics.com/treasury_bill

For those who cannot calculate interest please use this calculator
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Baby88: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2019
Hello house. Pls how much would I lose if I decide to liquidate my investment. For example i invest 1,000,000 for 200 days at 11.5 percent and I get 35,000 interest. If the investment is suppose to mature in May and I decided to liquidate in April how much would I lose. Pls any idea.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 11:52am On Mar 05, 2019
FastCarsetc:
How legit is the profit claims of the website on my signature? Anyone used their service before?

You better stop spamming here because nobody will click that link.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eagleeye2: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
Access
8.5 _44days
9.85_163days
12%_ 240days
I thought things will look brighter after election, but men these rates are demoralizing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
eagleeye2:
Access
8.5 _44days
9.85_163days
12%_ 240days
I thought things will look brighter after election, but men these rates are demoralizing.
On the contrary,a better Economy and a stable local currency(Naira).

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
Gavrelino123:

I would seriously like if the rates went lower.

Nigeria is borrowing more than we earn. It's not sustainable long term..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
GonFreecss1:

I would seriously like if the rates went lower.

Nigeria is borrowing more than we earn. It's not sustainable long term..
I agree with you if we all want a better country.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
GTB Bank sec market rate for 364days today 12.85%, i will just close my eye and lock in whatever rate for next week primary auction

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Agbaletu:

I agree with you if we all want a better country.

Am not a pessimist but if u have travelled out of this country , u would understand that we are zillion years behind in civilisation and development.

Coupled with the fact that we are not even on the road to redemption, we are still wallowing in tribalism, ethnicity and religion. A better country is an abberation . Let's be realistic if u have 10m in a sound system u don't have any business investing in TB when u are still less than 50yrs of age. We are here becos DIESEL(No Nepa) expenses won't allow u make any profit from any business, tankless of ,bad road, police extortion,politics and tribalism.

Abeg I dey vex ooh.....

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
zamirikpo:

Am not a pessimist but if u have travelled out of this country , u would understand that we are zillion years behind in civilisation and development.

Coupled with the fact that we are not even on the road to redemption, we are still wallowing in tribalism, ethnicity and religion. A better country is an abberation . Let's be realistic if u have 10m in a sound system u don't have any business investing in TB when u are still less than 50yrs of age. We are here becos DIESEL(No Nepa) expenses won't allow u make any profit from any business, tankless of ,bad road, police extortion,politics and tribalism.

Abeg I dey vex ooh.....

Hahahaha....No vex o Baba!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nineville(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
your return is almost 50 percent ...choi......tb 14.5

It should rather be 100%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
Gavrelino123:

How is that, when inflation rate is over 14%?
An interest lower than inflation rate simply mean your investment is not profitable as Naira continually devalues. Simple economics.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
zamirikpo:

Abeg I dey vex ooh.....

gloden crown tyre is 90 k and bad road can just burst it on it first trip

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Rates has crashed to single digits interest rate angry except for duration above 300days

It was hard to get 10% at 107day, settled for dt at first bank today

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
TBills 2nd Quarter Calendar

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
eagleeye2:
Access
8.5 _44days
9.85_163days
12%_ 240days

Expect worst rate cos if the price of crude soars it means government would have more revenue from crude sales and translate to less borrowing. Also, if DR- dangote refinery comes on board as planned by the man himself, there would be stability in naira which would further make the rate come down. We should brace up!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hazel01(f): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
RealityShot:
you will get about 6.25% interest.
that is 12.5/2 or 30k
thanks a lot for your response, I went yesterday, they have deducted #470,904 from the account for 180days.... but when I asked the gtb lady in charge, she said the interest rate hasn't been determined yet, till next week Thursday, only to get the alert today....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
hazel01:
thanks a lot for your response, I went yesterday, they have deducted #470,904 from the account for 180days.... but when I asked the gtb lady in charge, she said the interest rate hasn't been determined yet, till next week Thursday, only to get the alert today....
k

How much was your interest??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Faceville: 12:08am On Mar 06, 2019
BANK OF GHANA TBILLS

Please Is it possible to also invest from Nigeria here? I have an account with GTB and they have their branches in Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 06, 2019
234ng44uk:

How is that, when inflation rate is over 14%?
An interest lower than inflation rate simply mean your investment is not profitable as Naira continually devalues. Simple economics.
i don't think inflation rate is up to that sir smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OmniSparrow: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2019
Faceville:
BANK OF GHANA TBILLS

Please Is it possible to also invest from Nigeria here? I have an account with GTB and they have their branches in Ghana.
From my research, I am not sure you can purchase ghana TBs from nigeria. I stand to be corrected though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (2226) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: idobex(m), sanerugwei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.