Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4425117 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajsans: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Yes, used to be one of the richest people in Nigeria .

Read " The making and makers of private enterprises in Nigeria" by Tom Forrest. As at 1930 Dangote's maternal grandfather was among the richest businessmen in West Africa.

Been looking for the book in bookshops, seems it's no longer available.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2019
Oil subsidy has to go, when we have a functional refinery that can refine 70% of our local consumption of petroleum products.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2019
ajsans:

Been looking for the book in bookshops, seems it's no longer available.

The title of the book was recently changed, do a Google search of the books written by the author

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajsans: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

The title of the book was recently changed, do a Google search of the books written by the author

Have seen it. This is the new title "Politics And Economic Development In Nigeria: Updated Edition (African Modernization and Development)" seen it on Amazon, but the price too high $1454.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Please, let us know. I am eager to drink from your wealth of your experience.
emmanuelewumi:
L

I am humbled, thank you for the kind words. We are currently in the period of wealth transfer, those who know are very few.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:
No

The profit margins are declining, the half year financial report of Total and Forte showed reduced profits.

Femi Otedola moved into a sector with a higher profit margin.

Exxon Mobil sold there share in Mobil Oil about a year ago to Indian investors, with improvement in technology for cleaner enegy, electric cars etc if care is not taken this will have adverse effects on us as a nation.

Are we prepared for this?
The bolded, am not sure, but I know 11plc formerly known as Mobil oil were given to Indian to manage for the next 10 years and many employer sre leaving 11plc of course you know how indians are with Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajsans: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2019
DaBogu:
Please, let us know. I am eager to drink from your wealth of experience.
If you have time, you can go through most of his post here and also his other moniker, https://www.nairaland.com/manie
Your financial worth would change as long as you're willing to take action.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Yes, used to be one of the richest people in Nigeria .

Read " The making and makers of private enterprises in Nigeria" by Tom Forrest. As at 1930 Dangote's maternal grandfather was among the richest businessmen in West Africa.
true alhassan dantata

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2019
D
chigo4u:

Thanks, you already said the rates might end at 8% before December so no need waiting for increase in rates this year. I’ll have to bid in the next primary market lol.

CBN policies and directives to banks are aimed at increasing lending to the real sector and discouraging treasury bill investments by banks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

What is your name on SMN?

I no fit talk am for here o. Nairaland is not a closed forum as SMN. Na hide i dey hide for this place o. I no want make the likes of Octopus, Oga Wanaj0, sister Mercy and others know say na me. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 9:39am On Jul 25, 2019
No Sir, NIPCO is not 11plc, NIPCO is the biggest distributor to 11plc formerly Mobil Oil.
ahiboilandgas:
correct to sold it to nipco is now called 11 plc branding take place in 5 years ...most of their station have been sold out ......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Thank you.
ajsans:

If you have time, you can go through most of his post here and also his other moniker, https://www.nairaland.com/manie
You're financial worth would change as long as you're willing to take action.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2019
DaBogu:
The bolded, am not sure, but I know 11plc formerly known as Mobil oil were given to Indian to manage for the next 10 years and many employer sre leaving 11plc of course you know how indians are with Nigerians.

Manage what,. They are the new owners of Mobil Oil, a Google search will help. The transaction was well publicised in the investment community

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:56am On Jul 25, 2019
DaBogu:
No Sir, NIPCO is not 11plc, NIPCO is the biggest distributor to 11plc formerly Mobil Oil.

I see a merger between both companies in the nearest future, the owners of nipco are the new core investors in Mobil Oil now 11plc.

You need to know that there is difference between the downstream and upstream businesses of Exxon Mobil

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2019
DaBogu:
those ndian guys in nipco form own the 11 plc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Thank you for this information.
emmanuelewumi:

Manage what,. They are the new owners of Mobil Oil, a Google search will help. The transaction was well publicised in the investment community
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
hmmmmm
ahiboilandgas:
those Indian guys in nipco form own the 11 plc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
is there a format or way i can change my stanbic account officer at ikeja. the lady does not respond to anything i sent to her.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Just2endowed2:
is there a format or way i can change my stanbic account officer at ikeja. the lady does not respond to anything i sent to her.

Trying to ask her for a date might soften her rigid mind.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Donbrig:

Trying to ask her for a date might soften her rigid mind.

Lol i don't mix business talk with dating. Strictly for money making. Beside, I want to change her now and never. What about when I travel out? Will I be sending endless looping mails?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Just2endowed2:

Seriously? But have you tried following up with calls to be sure she received the mails? Because I wonder how it's when banks are scrambling customers naim acc officer do dey make yanga.

At my bank (GTB) such issues are enough to earn the staff instant query of not more severe disciplinary action.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
alezzy13:

Seriously? But have you tried following up with calls to be sure she received the mails? Because I wonder how it's when banks are scrambling customers naim acc officer do dey make yanga.

At my bank (GTB) such issues are enough to earn the staff instant query of not more severe disciplinary action.

mehn i am just tired of her. her complain is that she is not on sit and cannot respond to my mail or inquiry. i am so busy at work and i felt since i have an acc officer, i should be able to send mail and direct her to buy tb for me. I Have battle stanbic on twitter because of this, maybe i have to tag CBN. worst is that she wont even pick calls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
Just2endowed2:

mehn i am just tired of her. her complain is that she is not on sit and cannot respond to my mail or inquiry. i am so busy at work and i felt since i have an acc officer, i should be able to send mail and direct her to buy tb for me. I Have battle stanbic on twitter because of this, maybe i have to tag CBN. worst is that she wont even pick calls
Email her branch manager if you want to do what I would do.
1500$ for a book? no way. you could buy a used copy or try for a kindle or pdf version. Invest the change in tb.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Just2endowed2:

If you want a very active account officer, better you port to GTB. Your account will be loaded with 3 account officers their names and number will be written clearly on your internet banking platform........

Used to have that kind of your account officer when I'm using diamond bank fully o boy this lady works likes snail, my email take days to get response, even if I call it takes a while to return my calls, always complaining shes too busy, always on the move....... i just decided to port to GTB , moved all my tangible fund, now I'm enjoying what's called banking...... My new account officer replied my mail in less than 2mins, she always pass me latest info all the time, very very active..... she update me about NTB rate all the time.
Gtb is the best, I'm not hyping gtb o but a trial will surely convince you grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
lilee2hot:
It is paid upfront. You can withdraw it.

Young Marketer, When did that start?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
oluayebenz:

If you want a very active account officer, better you port to GTB. Your account will be loaded with 3 account officers their names and number will be written clearly on your internet banking platform........

Used to have that kind of your account officer when I'm using diamond bank fully o boy this lady works likes snail, my email take days to get response, even if I call it takes a while to return my calls, always complaining shes too busy, always on the move....... i just decided to port to GTB , moved all my tangible fund, now I'm enjoying what's called banking...... My new account officer replied my mail in less than 2mins, she always pass me latest info all the time, very very active..... she update me about NTB rate all the time.
Gtb is the best, I'm not hyping gtb o but a trial will surely convince you grin

U can't generalise based on your personal experience; their nonchalant attitude made me to discover I-Invest cos nothing was done even after copying their ancestors in my mail.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 26, 2019
Call customer service, report her and request for a change of your RM, they may take action quicker if you are a priority customer though, most nigerian banks treat your request depending on how much you have in your account!
Just2endowed2:

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:
Long term capital should be invested in corporate bonds, government bonds, stocks, genuine real Estates and personal businesses (provided you have the patience and temperament to run your own profitable and sustainable business) Very few people have the ability to do so. Maybe about 1% of the population or less.
this is WHY people like you should write us more often.

Very few people KNOW that running a business is a long term investment.

And secondly, very few know that running a successful profitable business is very very hard!

Thank you for writing.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2019
dipoolowoo:
One Month Treasury Bills Yield Falls to 8.90%
https://businesspost.ng/2019/07/26/one-month-treasury-bills-yield-fall-to-8-90/

Too much liquidity in the system, FG bond was 200% oversubscribed. I hope treasury bills yield won't get to 6% by December

SEC, PENCOM, Investment community,CBN and FG need to create more risk free or minimal risk instruments and derivatives.

REITs are another instruments that should be looked into by the regulators provided they are appropriately priced.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

Too much liquidity in the system, FG bond was 200% oversubscribed. I hope treasury bills yield won't get to 6% by December
SEC, PENCOM, Investment community,CBN and FG need to create more risk free or minimal risk instruments and derivatives.
REITs are another instruments that should be looked into by the regulators provided they are appropriately priced.

How would the yield get to 6% when inflation isn't going to drop to 5% anytime soon? I think that the government still has an incentive to keep yields above inflation. If inflation isn't going down, I strongly doubt that NTB rates or yields will go down too.

But, ki l'omode mo?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
olujaidi:

How would the yield get to 6% when inflation isn't going to drop to 5% anytime soon? I think that the government still has an incentive to keep yields above inflation. If inflation isn't going down, I strongly doubt that NTB rates or yields will go down too.

But, ki l'omode mo?

History repeats itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.