Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (856) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4426348 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
They are not ready to invest where, there is many chaos.
zamirikpo:

Yes good old days maybe coming back but why will the big boys with insider info... be dumping their positions.

Why are foreign investors leaving. It's good we discuss that and the possible implications.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mimini: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Please house, I did secondary rate with gtb yesterday, but I ve still not been debited and my interest has not been credited into my account. This is my first time. Is this how its done? I thought the interest is supposed to come in immediately.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Singapore1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
last time they left a devalution was imminent ...this normally wipe out the imaginary gain in real term for mugus caught napping ...they rather covert back to dollars...example fdi is having 3.6m in t.b he covert it to 10k dollars plus 1200 profit made total 11200 and wait for naira to move 400 now invest 4.5m (new capital ) while mugus will invest 3.6 +360 k 3.960m and boom devaluation he now having 8750 dollars while the white man is having 11200 dollars

i am not an economics expert while you are right with your analogy. It's good to always look at things from different angle and perspective. Global recession is imminent couple BREXIT and USA/CHINA trade wars, other currencies are not doing well themselves and it's good to not always look at things from nigeria perspective only.

like now converting to usd will hurt you though at slow rate ( but still loss nevertheless ), foreign currencies are not all gloomy too.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
My thoughts exactly
Singapore1:

i am not an economics expert while you are right with your analogy. It's good to always look at things from different angle and perspective. Global recession is imminent couple BREXIT and USA/CHINA trade wars, other currencies are not doing well themselves and it's good to not always look at things from nigeria perspective only.

like now converting to usd will hurt you though at slow rate ( but still loss nevertheless ), foreign currencies are not all gloomy too.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Singapore1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
Pascopele:
My thoughts exactly

inflation rate last year was around 3% in USA while 9% in Nigeria while it's still financially advisable to move to usd as it's the best option, your money still lose its value nevertheless

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
mimini:
Please house, I did secondary rate with gtb yesterday, but I ve still not been debited and my interest has not been credited into my account. This is my first time. Is this how its done? I thought the interest is supposed to come in immediately.
Secondary market transactions are typically same day. You should speak with your contact or the bank asap to sort this out.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
Singapore1:

I have never seen a a time when dollars will move back to 200 ,everthing thing is planned to favour the develop world

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Singapore1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
I have never seen a a time when dollars will move back to 200 ,everything thing is planned to favour the developed world
yes boss

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mimini: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
CompareDBest:
Secondary market transactions are typically same day. You should speak with your contact or the bank asap to sort this out.

I went this morning before posting the above. The marketer said she sent it yesterday and still no transaction. What I don't understand is that, instead of filling a form for secondary TBill at gtb, I was told to write an application letter. Is this how its done? Hope it genuine.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mimini: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
I went to gtbank this morning. The marketer said she sent my Tbill investment yesterday and still no transaction. My interest has still not bin sent to my account. What I don't understand is that, instead of filling a form for secondary TBill at gtb, I was told to write an application letter. Is this how its done? Hope it genuine. This is my first time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
mimini:
I went to gtbank this morning. The marketer said she sent my Tbill investment yesterday and still no transaction. My interest has still not bin sent to my account. What I don't understand is that, instead of filling a form for secondary TBill at gtb, I was told to write an application letter. Is this how its done? Hope it genuine. This is my first time.

yes thats how its done in Gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
mimini:

My first time that how it took ages until I called called and welley them

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mimini: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
Horlartunes:

My first time that how it took ages until I called called and welley them

Please was it same gtbank? So how many days did it take?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
mimini:

Please was it same gtbank? So how many days did it take?

gtb

call dem
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
RealityShot:
Given the current trend in the Tbills market and the local and global economy,

I have decided to take to investing in 91days or less tenors.

Apart from the possibility of higher yields in the near future,
I also choose to adapt this strategy because as you all know;

My portfolio is below 500k and I want to steadily add to it quarterly.

This way, I will be keeping the small interests in MMF account and
add to it till the next Tbills investment date.
Then add all to tbills, till it reaches 1M when it can then automatically rollover and invest interests for compound interest effect.

Also, I will avoid having multiple 100k Tbills which I have to wait 360+ days to add to.

I hope this strategy works better than the long haul strategy...

My Ogas here, please Let me know you thoughts

My dear brother,ur plan to reap from future compound interest is regarded as the "eight wonders of the world by Albert Einstein."

U are on the right track and I wish u the best. May more wisdom fall on u.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CryptoBo: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
What is the annual interest rate? What are the terms of use of this product and how long are your terms? What about security? What system and at what level is it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2019
CryptoBo:
What is the annual interest rate? What are the terms of use of this product and how long are your terms? What about security? What system and at what level is it?

Start reading from Page 1. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Abini2012: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Acidosis:

Start reading from Page 1. Good luck.

You even understand the question sef, cuz I don't grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
CryptoBo:
how is crypto world faring
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MummyIMadeIt: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
Who has noticed the awkward rates offered by GTbank in recent times...

Can you imagine GTbank offering me rates of 10.5% for 107 days and nothing good comes after this as I intend reinvesting come February 2020 latest.

Seriously, those investing with GT bank is their anything to be worried about considering their poor rates.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by necheremIFY: 6:38am On Aug 22, 2019
Stanbic ibtc has a better rate any time but they indirect reduce it from their high charges

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by necheremIFY: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2019
mimini:
I did my own same day with gtb, the marketer filled all the information in the system without any form and sent it around 10am and I was credited and debited around 4pm. Though a guy, ladies you know their way, forming busy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by necheremIFY: 6:54am On Aug 22, 2019
MummyIMadeIt:
Who has noticed the awkward rates offered by GTbank in recent times...

Can you imagine GTbank offering me rates of 10.5% for 107 days and nothing good comes after this as I intend reinvesting come February 2020 latest.

Seriously, those investing with GT bank is their anything to be worried about considering their poor rates.
The rate is not constant. It goes up and down. You can be checking them out and know when the rate rises. On 19th was 9.75-94days, 10.65-220days, 11.75-360dsys
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:37am On Aug 22, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Average T-Bills Yields Hit 15.08% Wednesday
https://businesspost.ng/2019/08/22/average-t-bills-yields-hit-15-08-wednesday/

15%... Dats serious oo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
Singapore1:

I think people are moving into euro market.
The EU with the exception of Brexit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shulamitewoman(f): 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pls wen is the next bid date.. I missed the last one
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drdrei09: 12:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
Vision4God:

Let me try in my own lil way,
To answer u, if you chose a year (365), and assuming it's at 11.68%, you will get N233, 600 as your interest.

Thank you very much
I've been able to get how to calculate the thing
For instance, if you're investing 2M for 360 days, that will be 360/365 × 12.30/100 × 2000000

(tenor/number of days in the year) × (discount rate/100) × amount

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CompareDBest: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
shulamitewoman:
Pls wen is the next bid date.. I missed the last one
28th August, next week Wednesday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shulamitewoman(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
CompareDBest:
28th August, next week Wednesday.
tanx much
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Deknight45: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Jobac:

Please sir, is there any thread we can read about commercial paper?

https://www.nairaland.com/5268211/commercial-papers-cps-how-too

(1) (2) (3) ... (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: yungmin and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.