Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (906) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4427956 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
A good justification for the market dip.

Treasury bills oversubscribed by N512.22bn in October

https://punchng.com/treasury-bills-oversubscribed-by-n512-22bn-in-october/

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Amebo123: 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Boyhood:

A normal calendar year is 366 days
A leap year is 365 days
A T-bills year is 364 days

Bros what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PhilJames: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
PhilJames:
Please guys help me out, I have been going to FirstBank since yesterday and they keep telling me that secondary market is not available. The lady even showed me her system to confirm her claim. I have never experienced non availability of secondary market before. Please is anyone currently experiencing this from first back yesterday and today?

Guy please help
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
contumely2:

Don please, what can give someone with 10m money in this country oo?
.Give a clue please.

If you are ready to take business risk plenty things in the country 10m can give more money the fear of taking risk is our problems

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2019
aremso:

If you are ready to take business risk plenty things in the country 10m can give more money the fear of taking risk is our problems

What type of biz naa
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 7:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
contumely2:

What type of biz naa

Oga plenty, do the search yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
deleson:
A good justification for the market dip.

Treasury bills oversubscribed by N512.22bn in October

https://punchng.com/treasury-bills-oversubscribed-by-n512-22bn-in-october/

Nawao.

Where is all that money coming from? Since Nigerians cry that "country hard"

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
Grupo:

Nawao.

What do you expect? When people no longer buy lands or invest in properties, where do you think the money will end up. A land opposite Airport in Warri was practically offered for 20mill last month, when I asked last week, it’s now going for 12million becos no buyer. I meet my neighbor in the bank the other day asking of Tbills (somebody that’s is very serious with landed properties). Rates may not go up for some time mehn

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
aremso:

Just give him one concept...nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kryptem: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2019
Amebo123:

Bros what are you saying?
He means whether normal years of 365days or leap years of 366days, T-Bill subscription is 364days, which is lesser days in normal years or leap years; the total days for T-Bill sub are captured within for both!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deleson: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Exact question on my mind ooo.

Don't believe anyone saying there's no money in this country.

Although a good per cent of the investments are from Nigerians living abroad, why? Because the returns are better here.

We can only re-evaluate their money belief system and train our minds to see and explore more opportunities.

Grupo:

Nawao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by c3000: 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
kryptem:

He means whether normal years of 365 days or leap years of 366 days, T-Bill subscription is 364 days, which is lesser days in normal years or leap years; the total days for T-Bill sub are captured within for both!

This does not answer the question.
Let me break it down. Assume you invested N1m Oct 01 for 181days, at say 10% which ends 31 Mar 2020. 2020 being a leap year. How would the discounted value be calculated? I would assume this should be N950,410.96 but a bank calculates it as 952,944.08.. which is like N2,533.12 extra taken by the bank. How does this work out? 181 is 181days.. what part does a leap year have to play in this?

Assistance anyone?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:11am On Oct 23, 2019
c3000:

Let me break it down. Assume you invested N1m Oct 01 for 181days, at say 10% which ends 31 Mar 2020. 2020 being a leap year. How would the discounted value be calculated? I would assume this should be N950,410.96 but a bank calculates it as 952,944.08.. which is like N2,533.12 extra taken by the bank. How does this work out? 181 is 181days.. what part does a leap year have to play in this?

Assistance anyone?
Oga as it stands Nigeria already has too many problems. No come carry extra problem give person abeg

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 12:41am On Oct 23, 2019
deleson:
Exact question on my mind ooo.

Don't believe anyone saying there's no money in this country.

Although a good per cent of the investments are from Nigerians living abroad, why? Because the returns are better here.

We can only re-evaluate their money belief system and train our minds to see and explore more opportunities.

U make more money in a failed country full of loopholes. Those living abroad cant make that type of money because those obodo oyibo countries are well structured. If Nigeria get better, u cant make such money from here.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adiwana: 1:36am On Oct 23, 2019
needful:

U make more money in a failed country full of loopholes. Those living abroad cant make that type of money because those obodo oyibo countries are well structured. If Nigeria get better, u cant make such money from here.

Facts. Thats the reason why politicians don't want the country to get better.They benefit a lot from the current situation of this country.There's a saying in Igbo land that states that A community is not good is for the benefit of the elders.

Some people look forward to elections because the higher the election anxiety,the more the govt raises T-bills percentages to keep and attract investors that may pull out,the more money is made.Rich people heavily benefit from unstructured societies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by contumely2: 7:32am On Oct 23, 2019
aremso:

Any clue?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crowntoro(f): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2019
I would like to invest in T-bills, Is it advisable I wait for primary market which is next week or I do for secondary market by going to the bank today? And please what's the rate for first Bank in the last primary market auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Boyhood: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
c3000:

Assistance anyone?
Ok now I understand you better.. and from here, it's obvious to you that a leap year plays NO part. did you calculate their charges? commission, custody fee, transaction fee etc?? If you did, what did you arrive at? or better still if you have the certificate, follow every Kobo recorded there and see where the short fall lies.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by c3000: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Boyhood:

Ok now I understand you better.. and from here, it's obvious to you that a leap year plays NO part. did you calculate their charges? commission, custody fee, transaction fee etc?? If you did, what did you arrive at? or better still if you have the certificate, follow every Kobo recorded there and see where the short fall lies.

Just the discounted value sir. Excluding commission, custody fees and transaction fees. These charges were added
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
needful:

Can you give a clear example of such loopholes?

Why do we have more broke people in a failed country?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CovenantCee: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
crowntoro:
I would like to invest in T-bills, Is it advisable I wait for primary market which is next week or I do for secondary market by going to the bank today? And please what's the rate for first Bank in the last primary market auction?

Someone should be please reply this? Which is most advisable? Primary market or Secondary market. I'll be starting mine tomorrow or next week depending on the option I go for.
Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dake40(m): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
CovenantCee:

Someone should be please reply this? Which is most advisable? Primary market or Secondary market. I'll be starting mine tomorrow or next week depending on the option I go for.
Thank you.

Primary market is always advisable...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2019
dipoolowoo:
CBN Holds Emergency OMO Auction, Declares ‘No Sale’ for 91-Day Bill
https://businesspost.ng/economy/cbn-holds-emergency-omo-auction-declares-no-sale-for-91-day-bill/
CBn is trying hard to reduce participation in treasury bills from big players. Good

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
zamirikpo:

10m is big but in our country it can do very little , becos every Nigerian is his own govt. We provide food, clothing,shelter, electricity, roads, health care and education for ourselves.

We even go as far as buying land and property for our unborn generation to give them a fighting chance.

10m cannot pay for a shop in that ochanga market, that 1.2m can only help u pay rent.find out.

10m can’t pay for shop at Ochanja Market?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2019
chigo4u:

10m can’t pay for shop at Ochanja Market?

10m can buy a full market in my village, choice is yours to make. When you make your choice dont come and generalize it.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2019
dipoolowoo:
Treasury Bills Yields Rise 0.11% to 12.67% Tuesday
https://businesspost.ng/economy/treasury-bills-yields-rise-0-11-to-12-67-tuesday/

Which kin economic be this? They are complaining of oversubscription and yet yields still increasing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (903) (904) (905) (906) (907) (908) (909) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: desireoge(f), Tunizzy(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.