Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,689 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (972) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4418904 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (2226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
There is nothing on this forum he can not build on his own bro. Infact, I believe he built this site from his bedroom within a month or less.

He didn't build the site. He even mentioned it himself.

He simply downloaded a forum script on the internet and installed. He only changed the header and the logo.

A simple Google search will show where you can download the exact same script.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
Grupo:

He didn't build the site. He even mentioned it himself.

He simply downloaded a forum script on the internet and installed. He only changed the header and the logo.

A simple Google search will show where you can download the exact same script.
Well, maybe you didn't get the message in my reply to that poster.

I was only trying to let him know how easy it is to build a forum like nairaland.

I'm a software developer myself and yes there are lots of script and snippets out there if you don't want to build from scratch. I mean, why reinvent the wheel? cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

I was only trying to let him know how easy it is to build a forum like nairaland.

I'm a software developer myself and yes there are lots of script and snippets out there if you don't want to build from scratch. I mean, why reinvent the wheel? cheesy

No wonder you drink too much ogogoro.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cucumbar: 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
Is it that individuals can no longer buy in secondary market or it also includes primary market as well ? I don’t understand this shit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 11:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please quick question for those into money market funds..Can I make regular money addition to my portfiolio via the app??

Cc Sir Emmanuel Ewelumi ..Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 11:55pm On Nov 25, 2019
cucumbar:
Is it that individuals can no longer buy in secondary market or it also includes primary market as well ? I don’t understand this shit.

We need to go to CBN and protest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 1:43am On Nov 26, 2019
zamirikpo:
AM at stanbic now and I just told my account officer to place a bid for 65m. When the actual amount in my account is 6.5m.

Let's see how it goes. Let them prorated at 10% am waiting.

WE DIE here.

Kikikikiki! grin

Abeg jist us how it pans out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jejebabaa: 1:51am On Nov 26, 2019
zamirikpo:
AM at stanbic now and I just told my account officer to place a bid for 65m. When the actual amount in my account is 6.5m.

Let's see how it goes. Let them prorated at 10% am waiting.

WE DIE here.

Respect boss, you just finished me with laffs in the middle of the night. Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 26, 2019
DigitalMallam:

If you have been following the thread lately, other viable options were suggested some of which are MMF, FGN saving bond, FGN bond, invest with digital agric & fin tech (caveat emptor). Crowdyvest offered 22% for those who bought into their plentywaka - you can see the buses along Ajah routes.
Stocks for those who has the knowledge.
You can also venture into Ghana tb currently doing about 17.5% p. a provided you can obtain the required documentation (residents permit).
You can also convert you fund into hard currency $,£,€ etc and do eurobond (you preserve you loot in case of devaluation of naira by our voodoo economist cum cbn gov)

Some microfinance bank are also returning attractive % depending on your risk appetite.

So the choice is yours to make.

Does money market fund have an automatic reinvest plan.
Also I live in Owerri and first bank money market fund does not have a branch in Owerri. Is there a better option for me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by whatalife: 6:00am On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 6:23am On Nov 26, 2019
Jupiter7:

Does money market fund have an automatic reinvest plan. I can also withdraw anytime I want.
Also I live in Owerri and first bank money market fund does not have a branch in Owerri. Is there a better option for me?
I can't speak on FBN-MMF, I use stanbic, and i watch my money grow daily.
You don't need to look for specific branch solely for money market, any first bank branch should be able do mmf. I'm very conversant with Owerri and environ, there are lots of big fbn branches, from whetheral road, Douglas rd, Okigwe to Alvan. Just walk into any of them and make inquiry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DigitalMallam: 6:26am On Nov 26, 2019
zohan101:
Please quick question for those into money market funds..Can I make regular money addition to my portfiolio via the app??

Cc Sir Emmanuel Ewelumi ..Thanks Sir
Even daily top-up is allowed.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eazyway212: 6:50am On Nov 26, 2019
please is there any prorating in treasury bill. Please can someone clarify
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eazyway212: 6:55am On Nov 26, 2019
What is the meaning of prorating?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Jupiter7:

Does money market fund have an automatic reinvest plan.

You can top up anytime. A lot of money market funds have online account opening functions I will be surprised if FBN Quest does not have.

Send them an email and they will guide you. Worst case they will send you the forms, you fill and scan back to them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2019
Thanks alot sir..Great to know even daily addition is allowed..

DigitalMallam:

Even daily top-up is allowed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:53am On Nov 26, 2019
Dr. Tayo Oyedeji
@tayooye
Strategic work vs hard work.

Why strategic work > hard work.

Hard work: PA to the CEO working 70hours a week.

Strategic work: PA to the CEO working 70hours a week (50hours on the job, 20hours observing/learning the job of the CEO.

Meet Barbara Corcoran (@BarbaraCorcoran)- who went from CEO's PA to founder/CEO of the $66m Corcoran Group.

Hard work: Social media manager at @WarbyParker

Strategic work: Social media manager at
@WarbyParker who learned the tool of the trade from Warby and built the $1.4billion @Away luggage using Warby's template.

Meet college dropout, Jen Rubio, @jennifer

Hard work: Working hard to build a gaming ecosystem that failed twice.

Strategic work: Pivoting from the gaming system to a communication tool that became the $17billion @SlackHQ

Meet strategic worker - Daniel Butterfield - billionaire and failed gaming executive.

Hard work: working for your uncle to learn the trade.

Strategic work: Borrowing $3,000 from the same uncle to build a $10bn conglomerate.

Meet Dantata's nephew and Africa's richest man, @AlikoDANG0TE

Hard work is great, but it's never enough.

Successful people work hard while looking beyond their current roles and positioning themselves for bigger things.

Strategic work > hard work.

One final note:

Hard work: COO at a large financial service firm.

Strategic work: Took a pay cut to become the CEO at a smaller marketing service firm knowing that the No 1 guy at a small business > the No 2 guy at a big firm.

Meet @tayooye - retired @ 40.

Run away from anyone who tell you, “you don’t have to work HARD, just work SMART and you’ll be ok.”

3 formulas to keep in mind.

1. Hard work > smart work

2. Hard work + strategy = good life

3. Hard work + strategy + good fortune = billionaire.

Hard work is not negotiable.
niyoni:
Fellow TB brethren, I greet you all. Now that TB interest rates are continuously dipping, please can anyone here kindly suggest a viable and profitable business that one can do? Money must be productive and not be dormant. I don't want to leave money doing nothing in my accounts.

I understand that this thread is mainly for TB but the bottom line is to make more money for ourselves.

Sensible leads and suggestions are highly welcome.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

Grupo:

No wonder you drink too much ogogoro.

No mind the ogogoro guy. Iam one too but i drink akpeteshi cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:34am On Nov 26, 2019
The Last Treasury Bills Primary markets Auction for the year is on the 28Th of this month....

It would be interesting to see how the rates perform and also what happens thereafter with al these monies in circulation..

Anyone betting to see rates as low as 5% in the coming days??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:38am On Nov 26, 2019
niyoni:
Fellow TB brethren, I greet you all. Now that TB interest rates are continuously dipping, please can anyone here kindly suggest a viable and profitable business that one can do? Money must be productive and not be dormant. I don't want to leave money doing nothing in my accounts.

I understand that this thread is mainly for TB but the bottom line is to make more money for ourselves.

I recently invested some funds in an Infrastructural Money market fund. The yield is up to 15% per annum.

Anyone interested can hit me up and i will give directions.

The fund owners (A firm registered as Asset Managers by SEC) insist that its a Private fund and as such should not be advertised in any public forum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:55am On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

I recently invested some funds in an Infrastructural Money market fund. The yield is up to 15% per annum.

The fund owners (A firm registered as Asset Managers by SEC) insist that its a Private fund and as such should not be advertised in any public forum
This is scary.. As in, they don't want more customers? Or they're trying to hide something??

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ultimated1(m): 11:05am On Nov 26, 2019
Good Morning,

My name is Samuel and i am a Representative of UK-Dion investment limited.

UK-Dion Investment Limited is an asset management company with a lot of experience and expertise in fund management. We give individuals and institutions sound and practical advice on investment to assist them attain their financial goals. We are duly registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Funds and Portfolio managers. Having been in operation for over 4 years, our firm has been built on a strong foundation of integrity and professional ethics and we are bound by the law to put our client’s interests before ours. Investors’ funds are duly insured by Cornerstone Insurance Plc.

OUR INVESTMENT PLANS

PRIME CAPITAL INVESTMENT PLAN: this investment plan is targeted towards individuals, group of persons; associations or cooperatives whose goals is to invest their capital in a secure and high yielding investment product
Features:
• Account is designed for individual and corporate investors.
• Minimum investment amount is N250,000.00
• You can earn as much as 19% (T & C APPLY) interest on your investment.
• Up-front payment of interest to investor(s) on investment tenure of 2 years and above.
• Investment tenure ranges from 3 months to 5years (12%-90days, 15%-180days, 18%-365days P.A)
• This investment plan is duly insured by Corner stone Insurance.

UK-DION CHILD TRUST FUND: The Uk-Dion Child Trust Fund is designed for parents and guardians who desire to secure the financial future of their children. It enables them set aside funds early enough to give their children the quality of life they dream and desire for them.
Features:
• Investment tenure: 5 years.
• Minimum investment amount: N1 Million Naira
• Interest rate 20% P.A.
• Minimum contribution period: 2 years (T & C APPLY)
• Account can be funded in single lump.
• Option to indicate how funds should be applied at maturity.

SMART SAVERS INVESTMENT PLAN: [/b]This investment plan is designed for salary earners and business owners who are desirous of cultivating a savings culture
Features:
• [b]Minimum investment N10, 000;
• Minimum investment tenure- 1year,
• Option to convert funds to other investment plan,
• Monthly notifications of receipt of payment via Email or Text message.
• Investors specifies target savings amount
• Interest rate is 12% P.A

For more Information: visit our website: www.ukdioninvestment.com

you can also visit our Lagos office at 81, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos or call/Chat me on +2348065210072.

We look forward to doing business with you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ultimated1(m): 11:08am On Nov 26, 2019
niyoni:

Good Morning,

UK-Dion Investment Limited is an asset management company with a lot of experience and expertise in fund management. We give individuals and institutions sound and practical advice on investment to assist them attain their financial goals. We are duly registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Funds and Portfolio managers. Having been in operation for over 4 years, our firm has been built on a strong foundation of integrity and professional ethics and we are bound by the law to put our client’s interests before ours. Investors’ funds are duly insured by Cornerstone Insurance Plc.

OUR INVESTMENT PLANS

PRIME CAPITAL INVESTMENT PLAN: this investment plan is targeted towards individuals, group of persons; associations or cooperatives whose goals is to invest their capital in a secure and high yielding investment product
Features:
• Up-front payment of interest to investor(s) on investment tenure of 2 years and above.
• Investment tenure ranges from 3 months to 5years (12%-90days, 15%-180days, 18%-365days P.A)

UK-DION CHILD TRUST FUND: The Uk-Dion Child Trust Fund is designed for parents and guardians who desire to secure the financial future of their children. It enables them set aside funds early enough to give their children the quality of life they dream and desire for them.
Features:
• Interest rate 20% P.A.

SMART SAVERS INVESTMENT PLAN: [/b]This investment plan is designed for salary earners and business owners who are desirous of cultivating a savings culture
Features:

you can also visit our Lagos office at 81, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos or call/Chat me on +2348065210072.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
This is scary.. As in, they don't want more customers? Or they're trying to hide something??

Its more or less a private placement or fund . They can only talk to investors about it. They cannot make noise in the public on it yet to avoid SEC sanctions.

They expect that everyone spoken to would go back and do their own due diligence before investing.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

Interested
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
feelamong:

[/b]

I am interested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
When something becomes hidden / secret, wahala fit dey oo grin

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abimbola01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) maintains the status quo

The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting has just concluded its final meeting of the year which held on the 25th and 26th of November and the committee voted to hold all policy parameters constant as follows;

· The benchmark interest rate (MPR) to be maintained at 13.50%

· The asymmetric corridor retained at +200bps and -500bps around the MPR

· The Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) retained at 22.50% and;

· The Liquidity Ratio retained at 30.00%

According to the CBN Governor, the decision of the MPC to maintain all rates was informed by the conviction of the committee members that key macroeconomic indicators are trending in the right direction and to sustain the improved growth in the Nigerian economy.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by titilope07: 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
Emmanuelewumi and other Guru please say something about this share. Dear Sir/Madam

AIR LIQUIDE NIGERIA PLC is undertaking a Rights Issue to pay down its debt obligations, finance capital expenditure and working capital requirements.

Find details of the offer below:

Issuing House: Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited

Registrars: United Securities Limited

NASD Trading Code: RR19SDAIRLIQ

Now being issued: 414,000,000 Ordinary Shares of N0.50 at N5.00 per share

Method of Offer: By way of Rights Issue to existing shareholders

Issue Price: N5.00 per share

Payment: In full on acceptance

Opening Date: 04 November 2019

Closing Date: 29 November 2019

Provisional Allotment: 23 new Ordinary shares for every 10 Ordinary shares of N0.50 each held as at the close of business on 15 October 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
eazyway212:
What is the meaning of prorating?

Investing a certain percentage of the bid instead of the full amount you requested

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Ultimated1:

Good Morning,

OUR INVESTMENT PLANS

Features:

Features:
• Interest rate 20% P.A.

Features:

Please create a seperate thread

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (969) (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) ... (2226) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.