Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? (3207 Views)

Gowon With Idi Amin In Uganda, The Same Day He Was Overthrown In Nigeria (pic) / Goodluck Jonathan Compared To Idi Amin In Aggressive APC Ad / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by topsywest(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2012
I am helping a younger cousin (who just flew in from UK) who is doing a project/research on African Dictators, And have chosen the great idi Amin of Uganda. He approached me for materials and I went to my archives first to get the video cassette recorder movie of Rise and fall of Idi-amin which enjoyed massive viewing in the early 80's into the late 90's.

Unfortunately, the cassette has gone bad as time/age had taken it's toll on it.

I later went to the internet seraching for a site where I can download this movie but to no avail. Most sites appear not to have it. The farthest i got was pictures of important parts of the movie.

Dear nairalanders, does anyone know a site where I can readily download this movie? Or does any one have this movie in VCD or DVD?

Thanks in advance for your contributions as you help a brother in need.
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by nku5: 8:39am On Feb 25, 2012
Its very easy to find but it depends on where u are. Its available on dvd. in lagos there are loads of places you can get it. I am pretty sure u can get it at cms\obalende area where there are lots of guys peddling them or selling in shops. the movie tells a very accurate story, I must say. It doesn't go too heavy on details but you get the central message of who amin was
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by ekpriobong(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2012
Though u would find the story of Amin with time but why did your cousin choose to work on Amin and flew into Nigeria instead of going to Uganda? He should have chosen somebody like Abacha and then come to Nigeria. Though I have it but my children won't let me give it out esp the one that wants to be a militant in future.
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by juman(m): 12:35pm On Feb 25, 2012
Just ask from the dvd vendors in your city. It available every where.
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by olaak1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
Idi Amin though a dictator but I don't think he was as terrible as the story line portrayed by the way, why Amin why somebody like IBB or Abacha the terror they unleashed on Nigeria?
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^ I think you should please visit your history books instead of spewing crap. I am predicting that some years from now, there will be those who come on the internet to make equally stu_pid statements of the rwandan crisis.

@Poster, go on google and do a simple search. Here is one

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=idi+amin&x=14&y=19
Re: Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? by topsywest(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2012
Thanks Guys for your responses.

ekpriobong:

Though u would find the story of Amin with time but why did your cousin choose to work on Amin and flew into Nigeria instead of going to Uganda? He should have chosen somebody like Abacha and then come to Nigeria. Though I have it but my children won't let me give it out esp the one that wants to be a militant in future.

Sincerely I can't stop laughing at the bolded. Your child wants to be a militant? Hmmm nothing wey we no go see read for nairaland!

nku5:

Its very easy to find but it depends on where u are. Its available on dvd. in lagos there are loads of places you can get it. I am pretty sure u can get it at cms\obalende area where there are lots of guys peddling them or selling in shops. the movie tells a very accurate story, I must say. It doesn't go too heavy on details but you get the central message of who amin was

I don't reside in Lagos and am finding it pretty difficult getting it here!

(1) (Reply)

The Untold Story Of Slavery! / Presidential Popularity Poll / APC Attacks Bishop Oyedepo For Rejecting Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.