Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? (46258 Views)

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Which Federal University Accept Second Choice Or Direct Entry / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Ctemi(f): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
Between Pgd And Direct Direct Which One Is Better

Am graduate with Hnd conclude Nysc I apply for pgd in which am granted admission,d issue now is should I go for the pgd or apply for direct entry to university and how many is direct entry?pls ur advice is urgently needed
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Biggee2(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
my guy u are funny ooo, If u hav done nysc u shoud go for pgd and get master, Dan going for direct entry and start bsc again,

2 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Josoluwade: 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
Due 2 wat s going on in labour market, I wil advise u 2 take DE dat wil lead u 2 300 level b4 ur master.

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by mkmyers45(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
Josoluwade:

Due 2 wat s going on in labour market, I wil advise u 2 take DE dat wil lead u 2 300 level b4 ur master.

Where?

Op You may need a B.Sc for jobs but you can do your PGD then masters then PHD and be an academician

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
seriously are you asking this question. Do your PGD and then go for your master , you'll finish that before you even graduate with the direct entry.

2 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by 9jvirgin(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
Am graduate with Hnd conclude Nysc I apply for pgd in which am granted admission,d issue now is should I go for the pgd or apply for direct entry to university and how many is direct entry?pls ur advice is urgently needed

Reading through your First Sentence I am doubting if you are a graduate, is this the kind of English you want to be writing in the PGD Class? You better go back to school (B.Sc)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Acidosis(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
none of the above. Go and get something doing, invent something and stop wasting your time or didn't you graduate from a polytechnic? Why are Nigerians like this? ? sad sad Go to China, people like you are busy working in various workshops and industry. Can you imagine Nigerians still import common violin produced by Chinese kids age ranging from 7yrs to 15yrs. What a shame!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by izby(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
9jvirgin:

Reading through your First Sentence I am doubting if you are a graduate, is this the kind of English you want to be writing in the PGD Class? You better go back to school (B.Sc)
hahahah wahala dey ooo
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Gbigbon: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
The guy is not funny. He knows what he is doing. I will advise you to go for the first degree in the University because of the discrmination against HND holders. Besides, you will have the opportunity to go further academically for your MSc and Phd if you so wish.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by idmanzik: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
Gbigbon:

The guy is not funny. He knows what he is doing. I will advise you to go for the first degree in the University because of the discrmination against HND holders. Besides, you will have the opportunity to go further academically for your MSc and Phd if you so wish.

, and who says he can't get an MSc and PhD with his HND. It will take him only about 9-12 months to get a Post Graduate Diploma while a BSc. will take him 3-4years.

Abeg, my brother, get your PGD and move on. In life, what you can offer is the most important thing.

Goodluck bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
Which sch is it u got pgd admission into and when is unilags own coming out any idea
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Idrico(m): 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
Bros,go for DE in university,I did the same after I have obtained HND and ACA.Today,I am doing my Msc Finance in Unilag.There is no shortcut to success,it will surely going to be hunting you.You will always be proud to have Bsc.Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by FEMARY1: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
Which course did you read?This will help in counselling you.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by gbagyiza: 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
I am disappointed in a country call Nigeria,were both University/Polytechnic graduates are taught dsame academic syllables but discrimination btw Hnd n Bsc is increasing day by day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Dsage1: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
Its quite unfortunately dat people with HND cert stil looking for B.sc after spendn 4yers at polytchnc.@op why cant u do ur PGD for 1year and M.sc later and move on with ur life,its not mandatory u use ur cert in search of white colla job,u can initiate sth and b ur own boss.But if u lack knowledge and basic skills,necessary to do sth oda dan office job,u can apply for DE now b4 its too late in order to obtain ur B.sc,cos der's strong discrimination in d labour market between the HND & B.sc holders.

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by mantote: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
Most of this HND graduates never went to school.they got it with bribes and never attended school

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by saska1122: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
9jvirgin:

This is what happens in a country where the paper certificate is worshiped yet no skills to do anything.
The present educational system in Nigeria plus our unhealthy apathy for hard work is ruining us compared to the rest of the world.
Why must every Nigerian want to be a graduate? Because people with lower qualifications have no jobs and are looked down upon. Unfortunately, the people that design and produce most of our automobile and electronic gadgets never saw the four walls of the university.
@OP, look onward and DISCOVER yourself!!

2 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Konnektions146(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
if u go bak to DE u need abt 4-5years to get masters degree, but if u decide on PGD it takes just 3years
make a choice

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by hollandis(f): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2012
Have you also been admitted through DE?I would prefer you do a DE preferably in another discipline so you are equipped from two different angles

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by proffmanue(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
It's better u go 4 PgD and MSc.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by crackhouse(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Hahaha, nigerian graduates and their accumulation of certificates. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by dayokanu(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
Direct entry
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by mondob2k(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Poster I'll advice u go for a BSc. ur HND will get u into 300L. just 2yrs n r thru. as for PGD, not all schools will d prog in 12 or 18months. it can be frustrating. PGD doesnt equate HND to BSc. but ensure u dont come out with a 3rd class.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by crackhouse(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
mondob2k:

@Poster I'll advice u go for a BSc. ur HND will get u into 300L. just 2yrs n r thru. as for PGD, not all schools will d prog in 12 or 18months. it can be frustrating. PGD doesnt equate HND to BSc. but ensure u dont come out with a 3rd class.
before im go ensure tell am say malpractice na 7yrs now o.

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by sniperwolf(m): 12:36am On Feb 29, 2012
If you went to school, you should know which is better

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by igbaodun: 12:43am On Feb 29, 2012
None of the above.

Drop out and so what i did, yahoo 2.0
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by GboyegaD(m): 4:44am On Feb 29, 2012
Idrico:

Bros,go for DE in university,I did the same after I have obtained HND and ACA.Today,I am doing my Msc Finance in Unilag.There is no shortcut to success,it will surely going to be hunting you.You will always be proud to have Bsc.Goodluck.

Is this Sir K

@OP, what do you intend doing I think that should guide whatever decision you take. First know what you want to do and then draw the map.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by hassymo5(m): 5:29am On Feb 29, 2012
so many bsc holders are at home without job, do wat ever course ur destiny is ur destiny, you being a hnd holder doesnt mean dat u will not make it in life, u can leave even better dan dose wit bsc, pls dont down grade urseft in the name of hnd, be urself, finally nobody is taking any certificate to heaven, seek the kingdom first and every other thing will given to you,

7 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by NewHere(m): 7:50am On Feb 29, 2012
My Dear, I'm an example of what you want (I finished from a Polytechnic - HND), with my HND, I'm working with a multi-national coy with my 6 figures (even some of the so called B.sc holder here in my office, cant even talk when I'm talking).

Well, I'm doing a PGD now i.e one year after service (NYSC) and i don't have any regret about having my HND degree. My one cent - Just go and get a PGD and move on with your life, Time waits for nobody.

Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Ctemi(f): 8:21am On Feb 29, 2012
@Idrico,tnx 4 ur advise.I graduated with hnd in banking n finance, Hw many yrs do ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ spend 4 bsc n hw do ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ go about it.
@femary1, I study banking n finance bt thinking of changing my course 2 financial mgt or education. Mind ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ am a female

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by aliliaquat: 10:39am On Feb 29, 2012
nice post , thanks
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by JesusDWay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
@CTemi. I'll advise you get a distance learning 1year top-up degree with a UK University. The cost may be somehow high but i tell you, you'll be happier for it at the end of the day. It helps you to finish in a shorter time, you have a foreign degree rated as the same with those that schooled abroad, you can quickly and easily do your masters, you may get preferred when applying for jobs, so, its better, infact best. Check www.rdi.co.uk to see what they can offer you.

@New_Here. I'll suggest you invest your six figures in yourself now by doing a one year top up distance learning. You dont want a new management coming onboard in your place of work and then implement policies that would either get you out of job or see u become subordinates to people you ordinarily should be above. I know someone personally who could not get a job despite her years of work experience and having done pgd and masters. She actually met the MD of a bank who they were classmates during her MBA but the man said he's sorry, they can't take her because its HND she has as first degree. It was the man that made the policy when he got to the bank and this was a a man according to her who use carry expo into the exam hall. Please i beg you, take my advice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Student Appreciates Naira Marley In His Final Year Project (Photo) / 18 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Done Waec Will Relate To.. / Ogunleye Gbenga Moses, Ondo University Graduate Found Dead In Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.