Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? (3723 Views)

The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by cogbuagu: 4:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
I studied Chemical Engineering. just finished my NYSC in a small oil and gas servicing company in a department called PROCESS DEPARTMENT.
Begged and begged my Boss to please retain me.  embarassed.

Now, the Management asked me if I'm willing to take the position of TECHNICAL ASSISTANT to our Engineering Manager.  undecided. (Trainee oo).
I almost said NO because i do not know what that is. and i'm told that i have 2 options.
i then asked what are the options. they said Yes or No.  angry
I then said YES  smiley.

No one has held the position before and i do not know that it is.
Please my Nairalanders,

1. what is the job of a technical assistant,
2  Can one start that as a career or call it a career?
3. Can a Technical assistant still be called an Engineer.
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by yamakuza: 5:14pm On Feb 29, 2012
What is the pay like?

[s]You might just be looking a gift horse in the mouth![/s]
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by AjanleKoko: 8:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
@OP
Just shut it and take the job jare angry

What job were you expecting? Engineering Manager? undecided

As to your question? Technical Assistant means . . . Technical Assistant. Period. Take the job and move on.
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by yamakuza: 8:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
^ I think he is afraid of opening doors and carrying bags for the next few years, like some people are serving tea in NASS.

Op, since you said the job is/was 'undefined' , it probably wont match similar roles in other companies.

At least its better than sitting at home, or walking the streets?
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
what nonsense; abeg leave the job and go and sit at home chasing employment

you are clearly a go getter with headhunters banging down your door; why should you settle for a measy technical assistant when you deserve senior engineer

i mean, your one year nysc experience is exemplary- abeg go and sit at home with the army of unemployed graduates and laid off bank workers
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by AjanleKoko: 8:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^
shuo shocked shocked shocked
Easy guys. Una tough o shocked
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by tanimola22: 8:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
oyb:

what nonsense; abeg leave the job and go and sit at home chasing employment

you are clearly a go getter with headhunters banging down your door; why should you settle for a measy technical assistant when you deserve senior engineer

i mean, your one year nysc experience is exemplary- abeg go and sit at home with the army of unemployed graduates and laid off bank workers

Bros, is the above an advice? Mhen, the OP should think twice before he adheres to it O. I mean, he has a choice between something and nothing, which implies that he has no choice. This is like a lottery in economics: win 10/40 with a probability of 0.97 or win 39/40 with a probability of 0.02. Which do you choose? The answer is individual dependent. It depends on the risk appetite of the agent, but a wise agent would thread carefully.

Now to @OP You had better run to that oyel company and ask them if they would like you to start today! About 1,432 graduates are dying to become cleaners for any oil company. Not that you even have an alternative sef. If you miss this opportunity, omo oba, you may not get it again O. Be wise! There is this chemical engineering dude with bsc naija+msc Cambridge. After his studies, he did the usual initial gra gra. I think he wanted to work for a MNOC or nothing. But after staying at home for a while, nobody told him to jump at a similar offer like yours. hahahaha. dem no dey tell person. At least he now earns a living and pays his bills himself. There is respect in that.

Ultimately sha, the final choice is yours, and I wish you good luck with that-

T22
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by cogbuagu: 8:26am On Mar 01, 2012
@tanimola22
Thank You.
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by tanimola22: 11:02am On Mar 01, 2012
^^^^Very welcome.
Re: What Is The Job Function Of A Technical Assistant In An O&G Coy? by violent(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
I studied Chemical Engineering. just finished my NYSC in a small oil and gas servicing company in a department called PROCESS DEPARTMENT.
Begged and begged my Boss to please retain me.  .

1. what is the job of a technical assistant,
2  Can one start that as a career or call it a career?
3. Can a Technical assistant still be called an Engineer.

Most people I know started their career off as a senior associate with 2 years fast track to a firm partner!  I myself refused all such junior jobs immediately after grad till someone came along to offer me a very senior role at the firm I'm currently working at.  Those guys should have realized your worth; your NYSC experience counts for a lot and given that the unemployment rate in the country is staggering low, such jobs should be dished out  to people who never attended Universities in the first place----not graduates with a whole wealth of NYSC experience!

Resign your job now, stay back at home, smile and look good. . .and i tell ya, the next better Engineering job will be knocking your door in a few days.

(1) (Reply)

Online Jobs 4 Nigerians / P&g Or Nestle? / Practicing Pharmacy In Canada Starting With From A Nigerian B.pharm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.