Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,908 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? (5137 Views)

My Husband Is Killing Me Emotionaly, How Do I Deal With Him / How Do I Deal With A Denied Pregnancy? / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by SvS(f): 12:56am On Mar 22, 2006
i had a friend and we were very close.then later a foreign grl came to school and the three of us became friends.but now, i find that both of them r very close and i feel left out.the foreign girl even invited my friend to come and stay with her 4 a week in summer!as if that was not enough,i read a txt msg in the foreign girls fone.i no i shoulnt have but it made me no stuff i dint no.both of them were sending txt msgs to themselves and gossiped about me in it.they pretend to be my friends in the real world but i just cant trust them anymore. i cant even trust anybody at this point.the most annoying part is that i cant confront them cos i shouldnt have read her msg and also i checked and she had deleted them already!am so confused and sad.pls advice me on wat to do.
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by Seun(m): 1:02am On Mar 22, 2006
Such is life, my sister. Most friends are not loyal. Try to get used to it. wink
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by Dupsybaby(f): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2006
My dear ,its no big deal.You get to meet alot of people-good ,bad,ugly,betrayals and all that.We learn from all this everyday ,besides two is cool three is a crowd and there is actually no way you can avoid such happening between three friends, it can only take the grace of God.Leave them to it dont confront them.God will bless you with an understanding friend. smiley
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by chinani(f): 12:05am On Mar 23, 2006
I don't think you should confront them b/c of how you got the information. Just try and stay focused on the positives in your life, like family or a hobby or something. You might even spend more time on schoolwork instead of w/ these friends. Bor-ring, I know, but it will pay off. . .Also, try and make other friends. But really, it (friendship) gets better as you grow older.

Try to find some like minded people (i.e. join a dance class or cultural group). Younger girls/women are usually working t/o issues w/ their identities and likes/dislikes. The cattiness is a result of this. But as you grow it'll be better. Just choose wisely, take your time, and be exclusive (a person can only be loyal to only so many people)!

Chin up! wink
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by vichel(m): 12:07am On Mar 23, 2006
give them an ass whoping, or better go look for other friends and more cooler ones
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by mamaput(f): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2006
Its normal at that age, we were a group of about of about 5 and some were closer to each other than others and sometimes 2 will move on to do something on their own. I never even visited all five at home just one or too ,
the problem is that your group is small.
My daughter also was in a group of three and she was best friends with one, somehow the other two became best friends and thats because they have more things in common.
Both of them smoke , drink and go to the club. my daughter is more into her schoolwork and has a steady Boyfriend. But i adviced her to take time out with her friends so she goes out with them now and then .
She knows they gossip about her , then when she is with one of them they gossip about the person that is not there.
every one gossips .
there is a saying , if everyone could hear what is said about them, there will be no two friends in this world.
But there is gossip and their is gossip.
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by Chief2B(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2006
In my 45 years on this Earth, I have come to realize two things, your butt(rear, arse, bum)will always itch at the most inappropriate times and friends will screw you over quicker than anyone. Sounds like it's time to get some new friends.
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by Softee(f): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2006
Don't confront them. Now that you have this piece of information, just get on with your own life, ignore them, smile when you see them knowing that there is going to be more opportunities in life to meet new people.

Now who are the clowns?
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by otokx(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2006
chief2b and softee have said it all
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by 2cantango(f): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2006
Chief2B:

In my 45 years on this Earth, I have come to realize two things, your butt(rear, arse, bum)will always itch at the most inappropriate times and friends will screw you over quicker than anyone. Sounds like it's time to get some new friends.
so very true!
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by babaragold(f): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2006
well dear
as u have alredy had words from all i sujest u just give a damn abt it and move on with yr life atleast u learnt a lesson .so far just be carefull with whom u make friends. like smone said it's always danderous to add a third party in a frienly relationhip. especially with girls may be boys can suvive it but not girls i know very well.
rete calme ca va passe. cool
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by SvS(f): 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2006
thanx everyone.i stilol feel really sad tho.its like am keeping the informetion i no to myself and its killing me!!. i c them almost everyweek.the foreign girl stays over at my friends house and wen i invite her over to my house,she makes flimsy excuses.
Re: How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? by Dupsybaby(f): 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2006
Its natural you feel bad but my dear getting on with your life is the best pain reliever you can get now.Forget the informations you have,ignore them and focus on more important things,mix up with people of like minds and study.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Married Women Should Ignore Their Cheating Husbands. / For Nigerians Abroad: Will You Send Your Child To A Nigerian Boarding School? / What Method Was Used To Wake You From Sleep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.