Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

Churches Now Market Centres - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Now Market Centres (9160 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Churches Now Tolerate Religious Leaders Who Molest Kids» Watchtower / Churches Now Business Centres ! Why ? ? ? (pic's) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Now Market Centres by Mopoli(m): 8:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
I find it very difficult to comprehend why Churches contemporary that is meant to be a holy place of worship or sanctuary has now been turned RUSHING HOUR BIZ CENTRES. For example:churches selling G.o books,messages on vcd or dvd,magazines,stickers,miracles aprons,handkerchiefs,church polo,church special prayer recharge card(at minimum of N500) church hand bags,etc etc right inside the church with an additional prices, cajoring their members to buy them in disguise of maximum blessing and miracles. I have experienced these on many occassion i don't know about you? What exactly is christendom turning into? Irrespective of Jesus oppositional actions in John2:15,Matt21:12
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 11:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
If na me talk am now, them go say i too dey criticize churches. All these things are ungodly acts being practiced in these churches. I love the church but i hate some deeds and practices in the church, hence you see me kill the deeds and not the breeds. May God help us.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Mopoli(m): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2012
i want to ask again,Are these pastors or so called men of God engaging in such dogmantic acts above the law of the Bible?
GOD!
The things that are done in ur name, I mean the things that are undone behind.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by tunnytox(m): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2012
There's absolutely nothing wrong in selling these things in the church, it only become wrong if you're blackmailed into buying them. For instance by claiming you'll be specially blessed if you buy them in the church, if its not by force I don't see anything wrong in it, at least the church can use that avenue to raise money better than forcing members to sow seeds that'll never germinate talk less of bringing any fruits.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Lasinoh: 12:13am On Mar 01, 2012
Even in your bible. . .it happened. kiss
Did your lord Jesus not chastise his followers against selling isi-ewu in the holy temple?
Why does this your God never accept people for what they are and will forever be?
He's got some serrrrrious issssues I swear!
After creating people IN HIS OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS, he gave them FREE WILL, and has complained ever since.

What wonderful GOD! cheesy
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by knelson(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2012
[color=#006600]There's absolutely nothing wrong in selling these things in the church, it only become wrong if you're blackmailed into buying them. For instance by claiming you'll be specially blessed if you buy them in the church, if its not by force I don't see anything wrong in it, at least the church can use that avenue to raise money better than forcing members to sow seeds that'll never germinate talk less of bringing any fruits.[/color]

E be like say you be one of them!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by tunnytox(m): 12:17am On Mar 01, 2012
Me one of 'them' grin grin and who are these 'them' you're talking about?
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 12:22am On Mar 01, 2012
tunnytox:

There's absolutely nothing wrong in selling these things in the church, it only become wrong if you're blackmailed into buying them. For instance by claiming you'll be specially blessed if you buy them in the church, if its not by force I don't see anything wrong in it, at least the church can use that avenue to raise money better than forcing members to sow seeds that'll never germinate talk less of bringing any fruits.

You if you know the gimmicks used in selling all the materials. You think the same pastor that wants to make money from his book will not use some sort of holy verses to back up his sales? Besides, i personally have problem with what the church had turned into. It is a place to feed God's people with the word of God not a place to sell. I hope you have a revelation of what happened in the temple that Jesus threw them out.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by tunnytox(m): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2012
Many churches have a small bookshop which operates outside the church service hours, christian literatures cds, dvd etc are being sold in these churches I still maintaned there's nothing wrong in this practice except if members are coarsed or blackmailed into buying from there. I know some churches are established mainly for business and you shall know them by their fruits but there are still few churches that has not deviate from their main purpose which is to preach the gospel
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 12:56am On Mar 01, 2012
^^^
Sometimes you need to flow in the spirit of a poster. Listen to what the poster said,

Mopoli:

I find it very difficult to comprehend why Churches contemporary that is meant to be a holy place of worship or sanctuary has now been turned RUSHING HOUR BIZ CENTRES. For example:churches selling G.o books,messages on vcd or dvd,magazines,stickers,miracles aprons,handkerchiefs,church polo,church special prayer recharge card(at minimum of N500) church hand bags,etc etc right inside the church with an additional prices, cajoring their members to buy them in disguise of maximum blessing and miracles. I have experienced these on many occassion i don't know about you? What exactly is christendom turning into? Irrespective of Jesus oppositional actions in John2:15,Matt21:12

I understand what you are saying but even in the places where bookstores are outside the church building, Are the highlighted in RED also part of things that should be sold in the store? MANY PASTORS ARE JUST SHIFTING THE FAITH OF PEOPLE FROM THE WORD OF GOD TO IMMATERIAL THINGS THAT DOESN'T TAKE THE PEOPLE NOWHERE. I dont want to take this matter too personal so i don't say somethings here. I hope you see what am seeing also.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by robinhoodd2(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
cant wait to have mine too,though am not a practising christian.yab me if u can cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by devigblegble: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2012
I no wan say something wey go land me into wahala oo but i hear sey the recharge card for church na to dey call Jesus on phone lipsrsealed

Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Honeycity(f): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
me think it is wrong for "any form" of commercial activity to take place in the house of God.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by okemmadu(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
Who is this Lasinoh
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Fela don sing am for song. . .

Suffer suffer for world. . . .Amen
Enjoy for heaven . . . .Amen
Christains go dey yarn,Espirit heavenus
Muslims go dey call,Allahu Akbar
Open your eyes everyone
Archbishop na miliki,pope na enjoyment,imamu na gbaladun. . .rararanrarar
Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope sef dey enjoy
Imam sef dey enjoy
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by narttis1: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
the thing tire me ooo
i dont understand why pastors will not stick to what they are asked to preach? they preach everything except the very salvation they are supposed to preach.
The one wy tire me pass na to dey pray make person die because him be witch. God needs to save this generation else, the true gospel will not get to the next generation. so sad!!
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by manmacho: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
YES THE GOSPEL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS "THROUGH PROPERITY SHALL THE CITY BE BUILT"

YOU DO WHAT YOU MUST DO IN FAITH AND YOUR SOWING WILL BE REWARDED. YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU GIVE, WHAT ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN RECEIVING FROM GOD AW MUCH CAN YOU EVER PAY FOR THAT.

BE A WILLING GIVER AND QUITE COMPLAINING.
Mopoli:

Re: Churches Now Market Centres by eghost247(m): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Fela don sing am for song. . .

Suffer suffer for world. . . .Amen
Enjoy for heaven . . . .Amen
Christains go dey yarn,Espirit heavenus
Muslims go dey call,Allahu Akbar
Open your eyes everyone
Archbishop na miliki,pope na enjoyment,imamu na gbaladun. . .rararanrarar
Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope sef dey enjoy
Imam sef dey enjoy
HAHAHAHAHA BLUETOOTH NO GO KILL ME OOOOOO
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
"In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money , So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" - John 2:14-16
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
This is why you see me sometimes attack pastors, many of them are the problem of the body of Christ. They seems not to preach the true gospel anymore but non spiritual things that doesn't have life. They make the bible say what they want it to say rather than saying what the bible wants them to say. The problem also lies in people that are full of greed and wants to take God like a magician for quick success, they don't read and study the bible for themselves but will rather rather take pastor's word. There are few good pastors anyway but many are ??.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by AmeboAjela(f): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
Mopoli:

Maybe the reason why you find it difficult to comprehend is because you have a pure heart to serve God, if not you wont be asking this because it is now evident that Church is the fastest growing business so every body and their mama and brother is cashing in on it as pastor, prophetess, Go, etc, People just cant wait to have a little disagreement with their local pastor so they could be off to start their own church. Nigeria is over 160million people so the market (people) are there, Any Church (business) you open must flourish some might take a lil time but it must flourish, Google the name "Dr Sign Fireman" and tell me if you will not be insane to even belong to this guys church, But his church is filled up and he is rich driving his yellow Hummer, Dude even said it on camera "Church is a Game and you must know how to play it"  The Bible clearly said it "My people perish for lack or knowledge" so since people have decided to leave their senses at home and follow any new doctrine, be it selling of Miracle or handkachief I say they deserve it. Because the bible is there to read and  get knowledge,  My pastor said  whatever he preaches and you cant find it in the Bible, you should reject it.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Joagbaje(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2012
Mopoli:

I don't see anything wrong in selling and buying books and tapes . We should rather give God thanks for such inventions. If a man labour to acquire knowledge and he could take time to put his life study in a document for us to learn from thats commendable. Some people have died with the knowledge they had.

People paid to have books in bible days. Duplicates of book were made by scribes.

Proverbs 23:23
23 Buy the truth, and sell it not;also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it. Paul had collections of books too.

2 Timothy 4:13
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

Remeber jesus also had once counselled a man to sell his belonging and use for the poor.

Matthew 19:21
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by AmeboAjela(f): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2012
goshen360:

This is why you see me sometimes attack pastors, many of them are the problem of the body of Christ. They seems not to preach the true gospel anymore but non spiritual things that doesn't have life. They make the bible say what they want it to say rather than saying what the bible wants them to say. The problem also lies in people that are full of greed and wants to take God like a magician for quick success, they don't read and study the bible for themselves but will rather rather take pastor's word. There are few good pastors anyway but many are ??.

But should you be blaming the Pastors or the people? (Pls see my reply to OP above) You have to look at it this way if you decide to party instead of read your books and you fail, should you blame your teacher or yourself? Do you know what it took for everybody to have access to the Bible now? The Bible was once called "The Forbidden Book"  only the Church has right to read it during the time of the inquisition, people paid with their lives for reading the Bible. They were burnt on Stake, but Today you dont even have to buy a Bible, somebody can give it to you as a gift. So my question is this, why are people not reading it? In the Bible "The Berian Christians" listened to Paul preach and after that they went home and searched the Bible to find out if what Paul preached was in the Bible and when they saw it was, then they believed Paul, That is how it should be, But people have little or no time to read so the Pastors reads it for them and they pay him to explain what he has read, Its called hustle.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by AmeboAjela(f): 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

I don't see anything wrong in selling and buying books and tapes . We should rather give God thanks for such inventions. If a man labour to acquire knowledge and he could take time to put his life study in a document for us to learn from thats commendable. Some people have died with the knowledge they had.

People paid to have books in bible days. Duplicates of book were made by scribes.

Proverbs 23:23
23 Buy the truth, and sell it not;also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

How Did Ethiopian eunuch get the copy of book of isaiah which  he was traveling with when Philip met him ? He bought it. Paul had collections of books too.

2 Timothy 4:13
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

Mark 14:5
5 For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.

Remeber jesus also had once counselled a man to sell his belonging and use for the poor.

Matthew 19:21
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me

Pls what you saying has nothing to do with the Issues raised on this topic. You might want to read it again and understand, maybe you should read my post (two) to grab the content of this topic,  The topic is about turning Church into a Business place instead of a place of worship that is the core of this topic. Nothing wrong with a Church having a Bookstore, etc  but raising/making money shouldn't be the number purpose of a Church and that is what this topic is about.  Church should be a holy place of worship first, before anything else. \
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by oldlord(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2012
Front page of nairaland alway have something to do wit church pastor christian or bible. is either the admin is a non christian or he love christian bashing. After, his fellower join in d figth wit word of insult and all manner of ungodly utterance. Pls continue d bashing if ur still have ur system on but remember Gods judgement. Ask Aaron and Miriam wat happen to them wen they critised Moses
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by knelson(m): 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
tunnytox:

Me one of 'them'  grin grin and who are these 'them' you're talking about?

Well, I see no reason why you should be supporting pastors selling anything (no matter what) to their members, and inside the church too. They should provide those things free to their members if they(pastors) think it is absolutely necessary. After all, the members give offering and tithes. The point is that almost, if not all, churches in Nigeria are just making money off vulnerable people.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by member67023: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
AmeboAjela:

Pls what you saying has nothing to do with the Issues raised on this topic. You might want to read it again and understand, maybe you should read my post (two) to grab the content of this topic,  The topic is about turning Church into a Business place instead of a place of worship that is the core of this topic. Nothing wrong with a Church having a Bookstore, etc  but raising/making money shouldn't be the number purpose of a Church and that is what this topic is about.  Church should be a holy place of worship first, before anything else. \
Take it or leave it, there is no business like "church business". It used to be "show biz", but now church is big time profitable investment.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Sike(m): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
devigblegble:

I no wan say something wey go land me into wahala oo but i hear sey the recharge card for church na to dey call Jesus on phone lipsrsealed
Lmao
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by AmeboAjela(f): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2012
nakedwire:

Take it or leave it, there is no business like "church business". It used to be "show biz", but now church is big time profitable investment.

Did you read my posts before writing this? Cos we seem to be saying the same thing
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
oldlord:

Front page of nairaland alway have something to do wit church pastor christian or bible. is either the admin is a non christian or he love christian bashing.  After, his fellower join in d figth wit word of insult and all manner of ungodly utterance. Pls continue d bashing if ur still have ur system on but remember Gods judgement. Ask Aaron and Miriam wat happen to them wen they critised Moses  

I hate when people cannot just speak the truth of a matter. You come up with all manners of threat. Pls get life. It's either the work of God is done in the ways of God or it's not done at all and leave it to people that will do it in the right ways. How many mantles did Paul sold? How many Oil did Peter sold? How many handkerchief did Jesus sold? When people expose evil and you don't see nothing wrong in the people doing such evil in the name of church but you see something wrong in evil being expose. Pls get life and stop standing by evil in the name of God or in the name of Church.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by elampiro(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
narttis1:
the thing tire me ooo
i dont understand why pastors will not stick to what they are asked to preach? they preach everything except the very salvation they are supposed to preach.
The one wy tire me pass na to dey pray make person die because him be witch. God needs to save this generation else, the true gospel will not get to the next generation. so sad!!

m

, Very correct. They preach everything except the salvation they are meant to preach. Lol. And too, our people do not want to hear salvation preaching such as repentance from sins and evils, instead they run to such places where errors are preached. The Gospel said on the last day, many will come and say 'Lord Lord in your name I cast out demons, cure many diseases and performed miracles. Then the Lord will reply 'depart from me you evil doer for I do not know you'. People nowadays are fond of saying 'my pastor said, my pastor said, ' It should be Jesus said in the gospel do this, don't do that.
Re: Churches Now Market Centres by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
Church is simply a gathering of sinners. No one goes to hospital except to treat an ailment. Church is a place for sinners that seek repentance, so it should be the worst place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Pastor Tb Joshua Playing Football / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.